Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Slowly, Lyra's life was getting back into a pattern with which she could cope. The days got easier, but that didn't mean she felt the loss of her mother any less. Her nights were still mostly sleepless, but she was trying to move on with her life like her mom would have wanted her to do. Kiera never would have wished this on her children, but that was the reality.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day outside, and Lyra was in the middle of the lakefront at a rosebush. There was an old plaque there that said something about a student that died. The blonde had been avoiding her friends for the most part. She didn't want to see their pity in their eyes every time they looked at her, and Lyra couldn't look at Falon without seeing Felix. Lyra had a blanket spread out across the lawn, and she was dressed for the warmer weather. In her hands, the Gryffindor had a book. Sitting in the sun seemed like the perfect place to read and escape.
</SIZE>
<SIZE size="50">

Once again the seventeen-year-old found himself outside of the castle to explore the grounds before it would be too late to do so. He was convinced that he hadn't seen everything yet, even though he had been outside countless times throughout the years. The thought that soon he'd be living with his father again instead of with his housemates was weird - having shared a dormitory with the same group of boys for seven years, he wasn't sure how he would feel once he would sleep in a bedroom all alone and without the idiotic shenanigans that sometimes kept him awake till midnight. As he walked through the rosebush, the Hufflepuff wondered how his cousin, Miles, was doing and how much he missed seeing his shuckface around now that he lived somewhere else. Perhaps he could go there and visit him once he would be done with school. It was only a matter of time before something would go wrong and because he had not been paying much attention to his surroundings, Kasper didn't realise that he had tripped over a root until it was too late. He fell forwards and hit the mud with his face.

Lyra was not paying attention to her surroundings when she suddenly heard a loud thump in front of her. It startled her out of her reading. She looked up to see a boy in her year face first in the mud. It would have been comical if it was someone she knew well and could tease him endlessly. The blonde jumped up and went to where he was to check on him. "Are you all right?" she asked, concerned, as she knelt down beside the boy. She was careful not to get in the mud herself. "It's Kasper, right?" she said, the name coming to her. She hadn't ever talked to him before, but she knew his name from Felix. "Would you like some help?" Lyra asked, offering a hand to Kasper.
<i></i>

He didn't realise that someone had seen him trip until he heard the feminine voice next to him. ''Oh, yeah, I am,'' the Hufflepuff said, looking up at the girl next to him, his cheeks turning red out of embarrassment. ''I was just checking if the mud here was any good,'' Kasper said in the hope that she wouldn't notice it. He nodded his head and then took her hand to get himself up with her help. ''Thanks,'' For a brief moment he asked himself how she knew his name but then he remembered that his face was still covered in mud from the fall. ''You wouldn't carry around a handkerchief, would you?'' Kasper asked whilst rummaging through his pockets to find his own one so he could wipe his face clean.

”Oh yeah? Is it any good?” Lyra asked, a smile on her lips at the joke. At least he has a sense of humor about his rather unfortunate circumstances. The seventh year girl helped him to his feet. It was probably hard to see through all that mud. ”No. I don’t have a towel or anything, but I have my wand. Hang on.” Lyra said, going back over to her things by the rose bush. The Gryffindor knew better than to go anywhere without her wand. She was dependent on it. She went back to Kasper. ”Here you go.” Lyra said, waving her wand and muttering a spell. The mud melted away at the cleaning spell. ”See? Good as new!” she said with a smile at him.
<i></i>

He nodded again. "It is, yeah," the Hufflepuff answered. "Very good for whatever the Wild Patch does." he continued jokingly. God, how embarrassing it was to be caught tripping over some stupid root. Kasper smiled once the girl returned with her wand and while she pointed her wand at his face, Kasper closed both of his eyes, bracing himself for the possibility that something might go wrong. A warm sensation ran through his face before he felt the mud dripping off of his face. Kasper opened his eyes again once she indicated that it had worked. Why he hadn't thought of using a wand himself would remain a mystery to him but he was grateful that the girl had hers with her. "Thanks, again," Kasper said with a smile. "Seems like you are my saviour." he added, chuckling slightly.

Lyra grinned at the Hufflepuff boy as he braced himself for her spell. It was risky really to let a perfect stranger point a wand at your face, and she admired his trust. He seemed kind, and he didn’t seem to know her or her problems, which was refreshing right now. All of her friends seemed to think she was a fragile, broken thing. It had been six weeks since her mother’s death, and while she knew she would never stop missing Kiera, Lyra had to move on with her life. To do that, she needed people to stop walking on eggshells around her. “Anytime.” she said with a smile as he thanked her. ”Though, you really shouldn’t let just anyone point a wand at your face. It might not look so handsome after.” Lyra teased lightly. ”I’m Lyra Potter, by the way.” she said. She knew his first name, but she was good with names and faces.
<i></i>

He was thankful that the girl didn't mention the fact that his cheeks had turned as red as some of the roses in the rosebush. Kasper turned to look around on the ground to see if he had lost anything whilst falling forwards but to his relief noticed that nothing had fallen out of his pockets. He looked back up at the girl again as she spoke. ''Well, if something were to happen to me for real, at least the view wouldn't be all too bad.'' he teased back, grinning at the girl. He smiled when she introduced herself to him and nodded. Of course he had heard of her surname before, as it was pretty well known in the wizarding world, but didn't think that she would want him to comment about it or anything so didn't say anything about it. ''Kasper,'' he said in return. ''Kasper Snowhill.'' the Hufflepuff had seen Lyra around the school before, he was sure about that but had never actually talked to her during one of those times.

Lyra hadn't meant for her comment to come off as forward as it had sounded once it came out of her mouth. However, based on his color of his cheeks and his next comment, it was clear to Lyra that the Hufflepuff boy didn't mind. The Gryffindor girl respected the fact that Kasper hadn't commented on her surname or acted as if there was anything abnormal about her name. She appreciated the normalcy that just talking to him brought back into her life. She grinned at him. "I'm glad I met you today, Kasper." she said, a smirk on her lips. Her green eyes took him in. She hadn't been lying when she said he was handsome. He was also much taller than she was, which she rather liked. Lyra certainly wouldn't mind wasting a few hours with him. "So, are you busy right now? I was just reading, but I don't mind the interruption." she said, inviting him to join her where she had the blanket spread out next to the bush.
<i></i>

Kasper smiled. It had indeed been nice to meet Lyra. She was kind and helpful, which he greatly appreciated otherwise he would have walked around looking like a fool. He didn't know too many people who would do that for a complete stranger. He shook his head at the question, ''I am not,'' the boy answered, and joined on the blanket. She had helped him so thought that he could at least thank her by sitting down with her for a bit before he would head back to the castle. ''What were you reading before I so graciously interrupted it?'' he then asked, nodding at the book. It had been a while since he himself had read anything just for pleasure but perhaps this was a good book to pick up also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back