Amaryllis Thorne

dazed and confused
OOC First Name
Kenzie
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
The cloudless sky and warm sunshine made for the perfect outdoor study day, of which Amaryllis and a couple of her housemates were ready to take advantage. The first year Ravenclaw lugged her bag with her as she plopped down on the ground at the base of a tall hoop at one end of the outdoor field - the Quidditch pitch. She was slowly learning the proper terms for things, though she hadn't yet grasped the concept of the magical sport. She just knew there were a lot of balls and a lot of hoops. And flying. With no nets.

Feeling the solid ground beneath her was reassuring and comforting as she pulled one of the books out of her bag. Amaryllis already felt at a disadvantage having no knowledge of magic before receiving her letter, and she refused to fall behind the rest of her yearmates. "Okay, so be honest," she began as she opened up her Defense Against the Dark Arts book. "Do either of you know anyone who's actually been in a duel?" The thought of actually needing a class to learn how to defend against the dark arts was utterly terrifying, and every time she walked into the classroom, Amaryllis asked herself how she'd gotten into this mess.

Even though the girl had bits and piece of information about the magical world, there was always something new she learnt about the world every day. Xiuying had decided to spend her day somewhat studying with two of her other classmates, who had also happen to be in the same house. Though the young Ravenclaw found it a bit strange that they were in the middle of the Quidditch pitch. Though she loved sports with a passion, she still had to focus her mind in the books right now, rather than focus on the scenery around them. She turned to her dormmate, Amaryllis, as she had asked a question. "Oh... uh, no I haven't actually. I wish I did though!" Xiuying says, after the thought a bit to answer the girl's question. However, she did hear from someone that there was a duelling club at the school which she found a bit interesting.

Zachariah had always wanted to explore the Quidditch pitch. His love for the sport was really the only thing he expressed freely. He stared up at the sky. It was marvelous and all he really wished to do was fly, but unfortunately he couldn't. He had tagged along with a girl from his house because he really didn't want to be inside. Zachariah hadn't paid much attention to anything or anyone once they stepped onto the pitch. He was sure, however, that he most likely looked like someone who had been given their hearts desire.

Zachariah had to shake the thoughts from his head when the girl started talking. He raised an eyebrow and her question and groaned.
"You can't be serious?" Zachariah complained. "What a pain." Zachariah pulled his face a bit showing his annoyance. His mind jumped to the first explanation it could. The only other time someone was so clueless was when he had met a muggle. [ISPOILER] "Don't tell me she is a muggle, much less that she doesn't know anything. How dreadful."[/ISPOILER][ISPOILER] He thought to himself.[/ISPOILER]

Zachariah sighed at the other girls response.
"Well my godfather was in a few. When he went to school of course. And have neither of you heard of Harry Potter?" Zachariah deadpanned. They were supposed to be out studying and maybe he didn't have to be so mean about it, but having knowledge on such stuff was going to be important. "If only I could fly right now." Zachariah said to himself. He didn't realize he had said it out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back