Bang Bang Baby contd...

Lola Rowann

Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Dragonstone
Professor Lola and Professor Lloyd got both boys safely to the hospital wing and laid them down on beds side by side of one another. If they had known the full animosity that they shared they most likely would have rethought this move but it seemed the best solution for now, at least their mutual friend Lily Potter could stay by both their bed sides without having to walk between beds.

Lola frowned as she waited for the nurse to arrive.
"Miss Potter I do expect you and these two to show up tomorrow as well, providing these two can walk by then that is".

Sumner lie on the cot, dead to world, blood soaking the cot beneath him. He floated within a fog, there was no pain, only a darkness and fog around his feet. Suddenly he could make out two figures coming toward him, one on each side. Kat, dressed in her devils finery, his mother Sarah, dressed in high fashion. They both wore cold, hateful smiles. Their faces blurred, grew until they resembled birds of prey. They hurled vile, hurtful words, their taloned fingers slashed through his body. He fought against them, struggled, until the pain exploded through his body.

His eyes opened wide, his mouth opened yet no sound emerged except a guttural breath. Struggling weakly, he grasped the edge of the thin mattress with pale, damaged hands and hurled blood over the side. His body shook as he started to go into shock.

Lily followed the professors with Blake and Sumner to the hospital wing, tears freely flowing down her cheeks and her arms wrapped around herself. She started to speak up when they were put in beds side by side, but then realized they were both so out of it, they wouldn't care. She realized that the Professors were thinking of her at the moment, allowing her to be next to them both.

She quickly took the chair offered to her and sat down. Kicking off her shoes, she tucked her feet up under her, while keeping her tiny skirt down as much as possible. Lily looked up at Professor Rowann, her eyes reflecting the shock of the situation. "Yes, Professor. I will be there as will they, provided they are able." She wiped at her eyes, then took a deep breath. "Thank you for letting me stay with them," she said softly, starting the tears down her face again. Looking between Sumner and Blake, Lily worried about them, hoping they would both be okay in the end.

Suddenly, she heard the most horrid wretching sound and watched as Sumner threw up blood all over the floor. She screamed at the sight, "Merlin! That is not RIGHT!" and looked to the Professors for help.

Professor Rowann had not time to respond to the girl as Sumner Reine wretched blood over the side of the bed.
"Gabriel go get a nurse fast" she asked her colleague going immediately to Sumner's bedside and moving him over on to his side.
She was no healer and didn't have the foggiest what to do but this seemed about right for now. There would be a blood replenishing potion somewhere of course but all that would have to be administered by the nurse. She would be a fool not to be worried about both boys at this point. Lola was more adept at cursing, jinxing and hexing people, healing them was someone elses job.
"You're going to be fine Mr. Reine, just fine" she was saying if more for herself and Lily than anything, she turned her head to glance in the direction that Gabe had gone in, hoping he would return soon.

Gabriel was more annoyed than anything. Just as it had seemed that festivities were going to go smoothly- for once- some hormonal teenagers had to go and mess it up. And even worse, they were the older students. At least this gave reason for himself and Lola to cook up a nasty detention. Piss off professors, and they'd find the incentive to be creative.

The dark haired man nodded at Lola as she instructed him to get a nurse. Just as well; he knew next to nothing about healing and both Reine and Zepline were in terrible shape. Disappearing to the back of the Hospital Wing, he returned with a nurse who began to examine the boys situations immediately. He glanced at Lola pointedly before stepping back. While concerned with the well being of two of his students, he was better off left to his imagination. Those involved in the fray would suffer the repercussions of their actions.

Sumner felt cool, competent hands examine his wounds. He was poked, prodded, potions poured down his throat, spells waved over him. Through it all he just wished the pain to go away. Slowly it began to fade until he was able to sleep again, after he was moved to a clean cot and the mess scourgified away. He lay there, literally dead to the world as his body and magic began the healing process. His bloodied clothes had been cut away and pajamas magicked onto his body. His hands, wrapped in bandages, lay on the covers. He wouldn't awaken for some time.

Lily sat in shock as she watched Sumner being examined by the nurse. He looked so pale, so broken. He never took a beating like this on the pitch and it killed her because it was all her fault. If she hadn't been trying to make Blake nuts all night, he never would have started yelling at her and Sumner would never have come to her rescue. They all said some very hateful things and she felt her heart break all over again with the memory of it all.

The nurse put up a divider so she could take care of Sumner's clothing and get him cleaned up. Lily looked down on Blake from her chair. Moving closer to him, she sat on the edge of his bed and stroked his hair. He looked so peaceful sleeping that Lily started to tear up again. How could she have left him? Why was she so stupid as to let herself fall for Ford's advances? He shuddered in his sleep, and she felt him relax again. Leaning down, she pressed her lips to his gently, then whispered "I am so sorry, Blake. I never should have let us get here. I wish I could take it all back." She kissed him again gently, just before the nurse moved the divider again.

Lily looked over at Sumner, so peaceful. The nurse indicated she needed to move, so she moved to sit on the edge of Sumner's bed. Picking up his bandaged hand gingerly, she rested it between her own. He was sleeping and would be for quite a while. She leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on his lips, whispering to him "Thank you for being my hero." She sat up, one leg tucked under the other. Her skirt was really not created for sitting and it rode up her thigh a bit too high. She held his hand and simply watched him sleep while the nurse worked on Blake.

Sumner had given Blake the final blows that saw to his passing out. The last thing Blake saw as he fought to keep his sight, was Lily crying. Whether it was over him, or over something Kat said, did not matter to Blake. She was crying, and he had played a good part in seeing to that. Though his original intention had been to hurt her the way she hurt him, he was rewarded with nothing as he witnessed it.

Blake shook in his sleep, but only for a moment as soft hands were quick to caress his broken face, cool lips calming him as they gently brushed over his. Blake imagined Lily sitting by his side, and suddenly his nightmare was driven away replaced by a sweet dream of the blue eyes that he longed to wake to see. His love was no longer crying, no longer wrapped around another, but beside him, waiting only for him. Blake smiled and his fists unclenched as he forgot all about the fight, all about Sumner 'screwing' Lily, and even about Ford. All that existed in this new peaceful moment, was Lily.
The faint sound of words, incantations more like, brought Blake back to consciousness quicker than he wanted. He wanted very much to stay asleep, dreaming of the Lily he loved. But the person standing over him was merciless, their outline becoming bolder in the dimmed light as he slowly came back to reality. As he blinked to clear his vision, he felt his eyes sting under the movement of his lids. His head was suddenly pounding as blood rushed to clot the opening that Sumner had graced upon him. His jaw was set normally, but as he opened his mouth to let out a groan of pain, he felt it clink out of place, broken. What else of his was broken? Blake wondered as his eyes moved around the wing, falling upon the one person he longed to touch and hold. But just as his eyes softened and his heart melted like it was whole again, Lily bent down over the sleeping Sumner to give him the kiss that should have been for Blake. Tears stung his swelling eyes, trickling down his face he felt a new pain strike him, the one he had gotten so used to over the past months but that he had forgotten about in his sleep. But it was back, and as it crashed over him again, Blake closed his eyes and fought back the sob he felt coming on. Silently, tormented and broken both in body and soul, Blake let the nurse feel his body for broken bones, mending everywhere she saw fit but not where was needed the most.
When she was done with Blake, he quickly grabbed her hand to stop her from leaving just yet. "I want to go back to my dorm," Blake said just loud enough for only her to hear. "Please," he pleaded, as he saw the stern look she gave him. A few seconds passed as she seemed to contemplate his current situation. He must have been better than he felt, because it was not long before she quickly nodded and then walked back to wherever it was she was needed next.
Silently, Blake lifted a hand to wipe away the useless tears he had cried. Nothing had changed; Lily wasn't his anymore, and Sumner and Ford, and whoever else Lily had given herself to, still existed. His aviator uniform had been in better shape than Sumner's costume, so the nurse had not seen any need to change him out of it. Sitting up, Blake turned his back to Lily, hoping she did not notice him just yet. The nurse had done him well, where his jaw had been broken, it now sat in its right place and allowed him the will to speak. "Thank you," he whispered, eyes glued to his unbruised knuckles. "For helping me to see again what is real, and what isn't."
Blake was on his feet quicker than his head could cope with, and as he swayed slightly, he allowed himself a second to steady before he took off toward the door of the Hospital Wing, a new burdening knowledge of Lily and Sumner weighing heavily down on his back as he fled.

Lily waited for the nurse to be done with helping Blake so she could move back to his side. She watched Sumner breathing steadily in and out while she waited patiently. Wiping the tears from her cheeks, she turned to check on Blake. She was shocked to see him standing up and walking out the door. Setting Sumner's hand down gently on the bed, she took off running after Blake in her stockingfeet. Sliding out into the hallway, she looked both directions to no avail. He was gone.

Slowly, she walked back to Sumner's bed. The nurse had cleaned the bed where Blake had been just a few minute previous. She stood and stared at the clean sheets and the tears began to roll down her cheeks again. Sitting back down on the bed, she curled up next to Sumner on top of the covers. Lily laid her head on his chest and sighed. "How did I let this get so far?" Not caring if the professors were still around or not, she closed her eyes and promptly fell asleep next to her friend in his hospital bed.

Lola was as grateful as anything when the Gabe returned with the nurse, she stepped back and let her do her duty then turned and walked to where Gabriel stood. The two would have to come up with something really good for this lot, really good indeed. They had quite frankly in her opinion let prefects and the school in general down and she was heartily ashamed of the lot of them.
"It would seem we have alot to discuss Gabriel, the staff room?" she asked glancing as the nurse made short work at healing the boys, Blake Zepline being given permission soon enough to leave.
"You will hear more from us young man, this does not end here" she told him as he left, knowing the other two would be well aware of this by now she turned back to Gabriel,
"I will meet you down there, I want to make sure the feast is still running smoothly".
She cast a last look at Ms. Potter and Mr. Reine before leaving the wing herself.

Sumner came to himself noticing two things; one, he felt better, much better; two, there was a half dressed girl pressed up against him. Wincing as her head on his chest put pressure on his healing shoulder, he shifted, trying to ease her off without waking her. It didn't work. He was sore and about as weak as a day old kneazle. Several times he tried speaking, just saying her name. Yet nothing came out, not even a croak. Frowning he touched his neck and felt tenderness around his throat. Frustrated, he shook her shoulder, hoping to wake her up. He needed some answers.

Lily was dreaming. She was lying in bed, warm arms around her. The scent of a man filled her nostrils. Who was next to her kept changing in her mind. First it was Sumner, then Ford, then Blake. It always came back to Blake. She moved a bit next to him, enjoying the stolen moments in his arms. All too soon, she was being shaken awake. Her eyes opened slowly, "Wha-at? Where?" she muttered, trying to come to her senses.

Finally, her tear-swollen eyes were able to open. She was really snuggled up next to someone. Stretching her legs out, she realized that she was in the hospital wing. She looked to see just who she was laying on and realized it was Sumner. "Hey," she said softly. "Glad to see you awake again." She sat up on the bed and moved over just a bit to give him some room. "How are you feeling?" She realized she was still in her costume from the night before and her cheeks colored as she tugged her top up a bit to make sure she was covered up.

Sumner's greyish green eyes scanned over her form impatiently, waiting for her to fully awaken. Lily's movements were doing interesting things to her top, not to mention the ridiculously short skirt of her outfit. Yeah he must definitely be feeling better. One side of his mouth quirked up, his hand moved from her shoulder down to her lower back. Oh she asked a question. His gaze jerked back up and grimacing, he touched his throat and shook his head.

Lily looked at Sumner confused for a moment. "You can't speak?" She closed her eyes and smirked as she took in this information. Opening them back up again, she leaned forward, laying across his chest. "Too bad we are in the hospital wing or I would take full advantage of that fact." She then nipped a bit at his lower lip before sitting up and moving so she faced him again. Her left leg was curled under her while the other dropped down to the floor.

"You had me really worried last night. You were out cold." She picked up one of his hands again and gingerly held it. Biting her own lower lip, she spoke softly. "Thank you. You defended me. I really appreciate that, Sumner." Her eyes began to tear up again.

Sumner would have groaned if he could when she moved away. Just because his voice didn't work didn't mean the rest of him wasn't fully functional. He narrowed his eyes as she sat up then softened a small bit when she picked up his hands and spoke. He laid his other hand on top of hers and gave it a squeeze, looking into her eyes. He nodded slightly and tried a small smile, shrugging his shoulders. His hand came up and with his forefinger crooked, he lightly tapped under her chin, catching a tear that fell. He shook his head, trying to look stern. Don't cry.

Lily couldn't help but start to cry as Sumner touched her chin. "I'm sorry. I can't help it. I am surprised that I have any tears left after last night." Rubbing her free hand over her cheeks to wipe away the tears, she tried to force a smile for her friend. "I am so sorry I used you like that Sumner. I need to appologize to Crispin too. I never should have used you to try to make Blake jealous."

Guilt washed over Lily and she turned and looked away from her friend. This whole fight that happened came down to her. She was the reason Sumner was laying in this bed. She was the reason that so many were facing detention. If she hadn't kissed Ford, she and Blake would still be together and she wouldn't have lost so much. Her heart felt like it would shatter again at the thought of the hateful things she said to her friends.

Sumner did what came naturally and opened his arms to her. He couldn't bear to see her tears, to see her in pain. He may not have loved her as a girlfriend but he was beginning to love her as his friend. And truth be told, if it weren't Blake's face he was burying his fist in last night, it would have been somebody else's. Right up until the moment he had passed out, Sumner had been having the time of his life, doing what he did best; bashing in some heads. The thrill of the fight, the uncertainty of if he would come out on top or at least be able to walk away from it, was addicting. His mouth quirked as he thought of choking the living shite of Chace. That son of a b1tch had some wicked moves and he always enjoyed a good fight with him. What made last night so different was that it was for once not over Kat.

Lily turned back to look at Sumner and realized he was holding his arms open to her. She moved into them and relaxed. "How did I get so lucky? I am so glad you are on my side, that you are my friend. You have no idea how much that means to me, Sumner." She had come to depend on her friend being around. The idea that he was so hurt the night before scared her to no end. Almost as much as seeing Blake so broken and beaten that he was unconscious. With a wicked little grin on her face, she looked into Sumner's eyes. "You were looking pretty awesome out there. Especially when you were pounding on Chace." She paused, then asked one of the questions that was on her mind. "Why is it that Kat thinks we are having sex with each other?" Lily had to admit, she was not opposed to the idea. The man before her was unbelieveably hot and he seemed to really know what he was doing. If the opportunity arose, she would not turn him down, but she needed to know what had been said.

Sumner listened to her, stroking her hair and simply holding her. She felt good, she felt right in his arms. As much as he held her to comfort her, he himself found comfort from her leaning on him. He'd had little physical contact growing up, unless it was to jerk his tie straight or a firm hand on his shoulder to direct him somewhere. He could definitely say that Kat had done one good thing for him and that was open him up to another world, one where he wasn't afraid to reach out and grasp a hand or recoil from a hug. With Lily it was so natural, almost without thought.

His grin was parts pleased, parts wicked as she spoke of him. He hadn't thought while fighting, he just simply had been. It should have scared him but it didn't. Sumner's nature had slowly evolved; he was a smartassed, foulmouthed prick. And he was okay with that. However he wasn't okay with Lily's question. He frowned, he couldn't speak, couldn't answer her.

Lily knew he wouldn't be able to speak, but asked anyways. She watched his face for the telltale answer. Shock would have conveyed that he had nothing to do with Kat's idea, but the frown that graced his face let her know that he was behind it. Whether it was intentional or not, Lily knew it was all on him. Leaning a bit away from him, she smacked his chest a bit harder than she should have in his condition. "Sumner!" she exclaimed, her eyes narrowing. "I am going to have to punish you for that later, you know." Smirking, she snuggled back into his arms. "You can explain things to me later on how this rumor started -- and I expect the truth out of you." She wanted to add that she woudn't be opposed to the idea, but this was not the time or place for that to happen.

Lily sighed, then spoke again. "I should go get the nurse, let her know you are awake. We have detention soon to report to." Hugging her friend again, she moved to get up very slowly, making sure to take time to press the entire length of her body against his.

Breath hissed from his body as her hand connected. He may have been feeling better but his body was still a mass of bruises. Not to mention the still healing shoulder wound. Smirking, he held her close again, figuring he should get something out of her pressing herself to him. He really didn't want to see the nurse again, not that she was a bad person, he just wanted to get dressed and not be prodded again. He sighed, thinking of detention. How was he supposed to heal fully when he had to go mucking about with the cretins he busted his fists up on? Maybe he'd go for a record, he mused, and get detention for fighting in a detention.

"Lily," he croaked, the sound barely audible. Her hug caused him many different kinds of pain. Frowning, he gave her arse a light smack and motioned she should get up. His eyes promised retribution when he wasn't laid up in this hospital bed.

Lily jumped a bit when he smacked her on the arse, but then gave him a wicked smile to match his own expression. "Finding your voice again?" she asked as she slipped her feet into the silver heels she had abandoned the previous night upon arrival here. "Save it. I think you will need it later." With a wink, she turned and headed to the office to get the nurse.

They returned shortly, and she sat down in the chair again as the nurse moved to examine Sumner. She realized that his costume was gone completely and he had literally nothing to wear outside of the pajamas the hospital provided him. Smirking, Lily realized that she was excited to watch him walk the halls in the ugly things before realizing that she was still in her clothes from the night before.

Sumner's grin became a grimace as the nurse started in on him again. Finally he was given a clean bill of health and his walking papers. Gingerly he got up and realized walking wasn't so bad. It was if he jerked his shoulder quickly that brought pain. He was assured that through the day it would get better and be healed before the Quidditch match. He looked down and mouthed a foul word. These had to be the ugliest damned pajamas he'd ever seen; they must've been here for decades.

Shrugging he looked over at Lily and started walking out with her, grinning as he nudged her and gestured toward her clothes. "Robe?" he mouthed.

"A robe? Yeah, that would be nice right now, but no, I will take my walk of shame with pride." Lily smirked at Sumner, turning around in front of him and walking backwards. "Besides, seeing you in those, well, its worth it." Sticking her tongue out at him, she skipped backwards until she almost tripped on her heels. She giggled then took a few steps up the stairwell before stopping. Pulling her shoes back off, she began to walk up slower than she was.

Sumner snickered silently, eyes trailing down then up Lily. Walk of shame indeed. If only school uniforms fit that good. Figuring he should wait until they were away from the hospital wing and authority figures. Once they were in a deserted corridor, he caught up with her and brought her to him, both hands nearly meeting around her slender waist. Gently he kissed her on the lips, not with passion, just a kiss of friendship. Pulling away he touched his hand to her face, his thumb lightly sweeping her cheek as he stared down into her eyes with an unfathomable expression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back