Balance

Hoshi Icchihara

OOC First Name
Ana V
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Usually Hoshi would have practiced the Igneus Ventus in the gardens but there was something about the hight of the cliffs that make it seem better to practice here. She chose a point that seemed rather weak but still strong enough to support her. She stood on one leg her foot pointed because that was all the room that the point would allow. The challenge she presented herself with was that while she was able to strike in the air she always had to come back to the same spot. Hoshi had her hands together and she was breathing slowly. She was trying to put everything in the back of her mind. Hoshi had been sure she had seen Henric Lee's too tall figure in the hall way the other day after class.

Not many see Henric because the man was a shadow. It annoyed Hoshi to no end. The fact that she had noticed him annoyed her more. She had four guys that she was working on make follow her around like puppies she should NOT be still pining for him. Again Hoshi was annoyed at her own foolishness. Suddenly Hoshi kicked then punched three times into the air then landed back on the same foot, on the same point, on the same spot her foot had been before. Again she tried to calm herself down. She had to be in complete control of herself for the year to come.

Momoko made her way to The Cliffs. She was worried about being caught in the restricted area but she needed to escape the castle. Despite it's size, her shyness and lack of friends made the castle feel confining. She knew that being a new student would be hard but she never imagined it being this hard.

As she reached The Cliffs, she quickly discovered that she wasn't the only one who needed to escape the castle. There was another student there balancing on one foot at a point of the cliff. Momoko watched in amazement as the young girl kicked then punched three times before landing back on the same foot without loosing her balance.

That's amazing! Momoko thought although she wanted to tell the girl to be careful. However, at the same time, she was worried that if she said anything the girl would lose her balance.

Momoko resolved not to interrupt the other girl. Instead, she walked to the edge of the cliff several yards away and just looked out at the water. The wind felt wonderful on her skin and reminded her of the cliffs in her old village. She allowed her mind to wonder as she watched the waves below. And for the first time since she arrived, none of her nervous negative thoughts invaded her mind. She felt calm and serene.

Hoshi let the sound of the waives below consume her but she was still aware of the world around her. "I know your there." She said neather harshly nor entusiasticly. Her voice had a rather airy feel to it. "You can stay if you want I don't mind." She said as she brought her arms down from in front of her chest then fliped making her hand land on the point instead. Her left hand. Hoshi could use both to hit someone and the blow would be just as strong but Hoshi was right handed by nature. Her long blue hair draped around her arms now. She breathed softly and steadely. The point of this exersie was not to pratice moves. It was to keep herself under contorel.

Hoshi caught a glimps of the girl that had shown up. She looked older. Not by a lot Hoshi put her at about 15 or 14 asian in nature. She just hoped she wasn't dealing with another Japanese person. She loved her culture there was no denying that but her family was well rispected but had a bad reputation. So bad in fact that the nickname that she and Tohoru had gotten in Primary School had been the Killer Koshibas. It took all of Tohoru's serentity to keep her from living up to the name. Hoshi put those thoughts out of her mind. Control she thought to herself.

Momoko turned to the girl as she spoke. Before she could reply, the girl flipped and landed on her hand. Momoko smiled in amazement.

She moved a little closer before speaking. "My name is Momoko Takigawa. And you are?"

Hoshi let herself come down to her feet afterwards. The movemet was swift but light. She was able to walk on the wider point of the cliff. She sighed. "Hoshi Koshiba." She said with a wide smile. "Nice to meet you." She said happily. She didn't know the girl well but everything about her signald welcome now.

Momoko's smile brightened. She was finally making progress in the whole making-friends-on-your-own thing.

"It is nice to meet you, too." She hoped her accent wasn't too strong. She glanced over at the point where the girl had once been balancing.

"You balance is amazing! What were you doing?

Hoshi looked back at the point she had been standing on too and sighed. "Trying to acheve compleat control over myself." She said then crossed her arms. "There's little chance of that happening though." She said thinking back on how she reacted to Henric Lee. She hated that boy with a passion. She hated him because he had made her weak. Hoshi shook her head of that thought. "And I was practicing what my marshal arts teacher taught me. He's really good and I'm learing a lot." She said with a bright smile.

"I have times when I feel overwhelmed as well. The castle sometimes feels like a cage. It is hard enough changing schools but to change schools right before OWLs with no friends is very overwhelming."

Momoko looked off at the water below the cliffs. "If my sister was here, it wouldn't be so hard."

Hoshi nodded. "I feel like I'm caged up sometimes as well but I do my best to make things fun in the school. I've been called a delinquent for it but eh. Sometimes I think things would be much better if I where alone but then I remember what great friends I have and I don't mind anymore." She said. "Don't worry about it so much. You'll make friends soon. Especially if your in Gryffendor. They are really close to each other that house." She said shrugging. She was at war with some of the girls in her House. "But things are getting better that my brother is here." She said with a wide smile. Tohoru being at Hogwarts was the greatest she she couldn't wait to have fun with him.

Momoko forced a smile. "I wish my sister was here."

She turned and sat down on a rock looking out to the water again. "My sister had always been there for me. To take care of me, to help me. I haven't seen or heard from her in almost a year now. I feel so lost without her. She's my only family. But I can't even see her.

Momoko swallowed hard and held back her tears. She hadn't spoken about her sister out loud since they had been separated.

Tichondrius walked up onto the cliffs, only to see Hoshi there. He watched quietly as she ran through her paces, nodding in satisfaction at how she'd improved. Leaning back against the rocks, he saw another girl join in. They were out of his earshot, but as he watched, Hoshi smiled; few things would make her smile so. He guessed that they were talking about their siblings, and his thoughts wandered over to Sakura. Shrugging, he pulled himself over the rocks and went to join in.

"Koshiba-san. You're improvements are most amazing," he said to his student, then turned to the other girl. "You miss your sister, don't you ?" he said to the older girl.

Silent footsteps paced across the cliffs, they made no sound as the pebbles skidded off the valley with the boots moving forward. Shui.

Dark hair wavered slightly in the wind, and equally dark robes fluttered, as the cowl obscuring the boy's features partially revealed one emotionless orb. Di.

His hands raised slightly, he moved like a serpent poised to strike, taking rapid footsteps forward, ducking under the air to avoid anyone being able to see him if they turned their heads at that moment, and leaping into the air. Feng.

With a well-aimed kick, the boy started spinning wildly in concealed grace, his left hand struck downwards, while his right spread out. As he hit the ground, he kicked off almost immediately, with a cloud of dust exploding where he was once. Huo.

At the end of this long movement, he skidded to a halt and swung his leg up in full force, halting it with incredible control at the very tip of Tichondrius' face, causing a slight gust to wither away at his feautres. Tian.

Henric Lee raised his right hand up, and threw off his cowl, lowering his leg slowly. "Well met, Tichondrius,"

Tichondrius didn't flinch, even as Henric's blow came with in inches of hitting him. "'Sup, Henric. You seem to be doing well," he said in a bored tone of voice, as Tichondrius pulled himself up onto one of the rocks. "Haven't seen you around though; where've you been?"

Henric flashed him a brief smile, his pearl white teeth glittering, for some reason, sinisterly. "Away. On family matters." His eyes glowed dangerously for a split second. "They decided they needed to restrain the family's freedom overseas. It has been settled." Despite the method of talking like he was from another time period, Henric had the knack of making people around him feel nervous, unsettled, and jittery. Hence, it came as no surprise he was on amiable, if not conflicting, terms, with Tichondrius, who was well used to assassin-like people such as him.

"Hnnh... I pity the person who tries to restrain your freedom. Still, at least its been settled." Tichondrius produced a box of Pocky, opened it and tore open the plastic packaging. Pulling one out he bit into the chocolate covered stick with much satisifaction, then offered it to both girls and Henric. "Do they often try to restrain your family's freedom?"

"Explicitly." Was the enigmatic reply as Henric shook his head at the offer of the pocky sticks. "I'm afraid I don't do well with sweets." He smiled brilliantly at Tichondrius again, as he folded his arms and offered Hoshi a fleeting glance with raised brows, then swiveled on his foot to turn to Tichondrius once more. "I suppose she is once again practicing your random way of fighting."

"Quite," he said, nodding. "Although I rather resent you calling it random. There is always a method to the madness and chaos inherent of Igneus Ventus," Tichondrius said, slowly eating his second stick. "Oh, by the way, I heard that we have a new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher."

Henric frowned at Hoshi's movements, though his eyes were cowled by his fringe and none could see he was deliberately and quite pointedly not looking at her eyes, flitting past them with his piercing gaze. "I have heard." He answered in response to Tichondrius's question, inclining his head to the side slightly. "This way of fighting bears no 'semblance whatsoever to Chinese or Japanese martial arts. I suppose the influence came from a more westernized point of view. No doubt."

Tichondrius paused mid-bite. "Actually, I'm not sure how Igneus Ventus came about either. My grandfather was the one who taught me, and he's never said where it originated from." He scratched his head. "The name is in Latin, so I suppose that it originated from somewhere in Europe."

"Greeks. Romans." Henric said flatly, clearly sensitive to the subject of Martial Arts, as if he had been very well versed in it from youth. "Good for nothing but wrestling." His eyes flicked boredly over the other girl apart from Hoshi, and his features immediately melted away to reveal a cheerful, friendly face. Flashing a bright smile at her, he waved slightly, "Hey, I'm Henric." Turning to Tichondrius, his emotions and face switched again, equally fast, turning razor sharp and cold. With others, his facade was perfected, with Tichondrius however, it was easier to remove the facade - he didn't care which Henric used, which was rare, and comfortable. "Grace me with a spar?" He asked with measured politeness, extending his hands and clasping them up in a fist towards Tichondrius, in the traditional Chinese Martial Arts way of challenging someone. "Qing." He offered.

Tichondrius' eyes flickered between the girl and Henric, then he shrugged and nodded. Closing his box and laying it aside, he took off his coat, folded it neatly and placed it aside. Tichondrius mimicked his bow, straightening up slowly. Tichondrius slipped into his ready stance, one foot placed slightly before the other and his entire body relaxed. His eyes focused on Henric alone, and he gestured for him to start.

Hoshi, most unlike herself, had moved back and stopped talking. She only mummered a "Thank you Tichondrius- Senei" And bowed her head then shot back up. She looked at Henric who she noticed had not been meeting her eyes as she moved. She was quite good at this partuculer brand of Martial Arts though same could be true of the others she had studied but not been allowed to master. For this reason her own style was mixed and very unpredictable.

She had stopped when Ti offered them Pocky she shook her head but still refused to speak. She knew she would say something acid if she even deared to open her mouth. She would not digrace herself. Not in front of her teacher and friend. Hoshi wrapped her arms around her own stomach and watched as Ti and Henric started to talk about a fight. God she had come out here for peace and all she found was chaos. Then again choas seemed to follow her where ever she went. Wecomed it at times. Hoshi didn't welcome it now.

Henric's entire rigid, ready position, immediately slouched over as he staggered back, as if drunk; the deceiving movements did not work if you noticed his eyes which were still razor sharp and alert instead of intoxicated. Staggering slowly, as if he had no balance, his hands swooped forwardn and hooked back, forming ready cup-shaped fists. He started to lurch forward, then in a burst of sudden speed started charging forward in measured, quick steps, from his position he moved to Tichondrius in three seconds, and sent his cupped fist flying at his neck in a lethal strike; pulling it back at the last minute as he remembered not to use lethal movements, he instead danced back and pelted Tichondrius with a series of confusing light punches.

Tichondrius matched Henric strike for strike, batting his punches aside easily, then grabbed his hand, and pulled him forward. As he whirled around out of Henric's way, his hands came around to strike at Henric's back, but pulled back at the last instant, and scythed his leg out at Henric.

Again, Henric's body leaned back, all support relying on the mid-point of his waist, arching his back so far Tichondrius's kick sailed past harmlessly. As if drunk, he staggered back, then crashed to the ground in a heap and remained still for a few seconds. In a flash of movement, his body lurched once, and he kicked off the ground, flying forward and landing upon the soil, sending dust spiraling out. His body wavered, as if weak and unbalanced, then he staggered forward again, the same confusing array of light punches diving out in a flurry of obscure hits. His body turned, staggering away to avoid any counteresistance, before he lurched back and launched a deadly, powered kick at his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back