Baking something yummy!

Kasey Blake

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Holly Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kasey tip toed in the corridor until she came to the potrait of fruits. Tickling the pear, the potrait swung aside revealing to this Ravenclaw the amaizing Kitchens were food for thousands was cooked everyday, from where the right things were made to help their brains. She smiled, it had been eternity since she came in these areas of the school. She remembered the old days when her dorm mates had sneaked in the kitchens to try cooking various mouth watering dishes that many times ended up a disaster. After all, what could you excpect from twelve year olds?

But now it was different, Kasey walked into the Kitchen looking around, her eyes exploring some the area and spotted some difference in the settlements of thing then how she had seen them last time. Kasey had come here today to take a break from her studies. A three hour break for someone who would take OWLs after six months couldn't her after all.

Kasey was in mood of cooking, or baking something. A choclate cake! she thought as she walked, her heels making a tip tap sound. A house elf appeared with a pop infront of her. She smiled at the creature and before it could ask in it's royal manner, Kasey said politely
"I was wondering if I could bake a cake using one of the ovens?"

"Yes sure you can Miss" the elf said with a bow as he led the way. Kasey knew the recipe of the choclate cake that she was going to bake. The year that she had spent at The Carla Mansion had taught her a great deal of things including cooking.

Imogen was going to where an older student had told her the kitchen's would be. She'd never been to these kitchens but had been meaning to for a long time. It had been forever since Immy had cooked something. Here at Hogwarts everything was made for you. This for Imogen was completely different as she was used to having to make everything for everyone in the house. She didn't mind much. Imogen was now very good at cooking and could say she was better than most 11 year olds.

Imogen soon came to the portrait of fruits, she tickled the pear, feeling a little stupid and she did so. The portrait swung open and let Immy inside. Immy was amazed at the kitchens. So much cooking going on, so much happening. She was loving it. Immy looked over and saw an older girl asking one of the elves if she could make a cake. Immy was glad she'd worn older clothes. Imogen walked over to the girl and gave a small fake cough to get the girl's attention.

"Can I help you make this cake?" Immy asked with a polite smile.

The elf showed Kasey a clean corner with an oven where she could begin. Just then she heard a cough behind her, she turned immediately to see who had joined her in the kitchens. It was a younger girl, a first year probably she thought with a smile. Hearing the girl's polite question she answered with a smile "Of course you can"

Putting her right arm forward for a formal shake, Kasey introduced herself "I am Kasey". The elf appeared once again in front of the girls and said with a bow "The ingredients are ready Miss". He smiled at the younger girl and then waited there for any further instructions. "I hope you like chocolate because I was planning to bake a chocolate cake" Kasey said to the girl as she gestured for her to join her at the working area. "So, is it your first time in the kitchens?"she asked her hoping to get friendly with the girl.

Immy nodded, it was her first time in the kitchens. They were fantastic. Smiling at the prospect of baking a cake, Imogen moved a little closer to the girl and shook her hand.

"Imogen or Immy" Imogen said with a polite smile, walking over to the work surface. She knew very well how to make chocolate cake. This should be a piece of cake. Immy smiled at the older girl, Kasey and wondered who would do what.

"I love chocolate. And I love cake" Immy said grinning. "What's first?"

"Cool" she said as she looked at the counter where all the flavors and flour and other items were placed. "I think first we should take a circular container, for the shape.." she said as she took a stainless steel pot circular in shape. "Now we mix the flour, yeast, butter and other items" she said peering into the cook book in front of her. "In a separate bowl and once they are mixed properly we can stir them and add the cocoa "she said with a smile.

"So here, is a cup, this is a half cup" she said indicating Immy all the measuring utensils. "I'll read and you can put the ingredients together in this glass bowl. Then I can mix them" she said with a smile. "Okay...two full cups of flour" she read and waited for Immy to do that. She hoped the girl wouldn't think that she was bossing around. Kasey thought it would be rude if she did all the cake making part so she had allowed Immy to do it. After all they were making it together.

"You better wear this apron first. Cooking can be a mess at times and we of course don't want to walk all the way to the towers covered in flour" she said with a grin as she handed Immy an apron. Kasey wore one herself. She was bothered about her looks a bit more now days so she usually thought of keeping herself clean in all possible ways. At the moment she thought of getting manicure in the next Brightstone trip because her nails surely would lose their shine after she mixed the flour and other items.

Imogen smiled gladly as Kasey told her what to do. It had been a long time since Immy had been taking a backseat. She thought back to the days with her mother and just smiled slightly. She missed them and knew she'd enjoy baking this cake because she wasn't going to be the driving force. She nodded before taking the cup and was about to start doing what Kasey told her to when she handed an apron. Imogen smiled and took it. She didn't mind too much about getting her clothes dirty but she was a little thankful. She put on the apron.

"Thank you" Imogen said with a friendly smile before doing exactly what Kasey had told her too.

Kasey read the procedure "Half cup of water..." and waited for Immy to pour the water into the flor. "Add a quater cup of sugar, quater cup of butter" she read as she looked into the bowl were Immy was adding the items. She was neat, Kasey in first year would make a mess if she entered the kitchen.

Imogen smiled and nodded. She did exactly as Kasey asked smiling brightly and cheerfully as she did. There was really nothing more that Immy enjoyed more than cooking. Not even learning magic. She just loved to cook. Once this was all done, Immy turned and looked to the older girl.

"Okay thats all done. What next?" Imogen said.

"Umm..." she said as she peered once again into the recipe book. "Now you put in the baking soda and the cocoa. One table spoon of baking soda and umm..yes, one and half table spoon of the cocoa" she said with a smile as she read the directions to Immy. Cooking was fun. Kasey couldn't believe that she hated it when she was twelve.

Well, then again she liked other things at age of twelve which she hated now. That was how life went. "Immy, are you a muggleborn?"she asked the young girl. As Kasey knew them, it was the muggleborns who were friendly of all. Now-a-days the witches and wizards from magical families always had a bit of pride in them, just for being 'magical'.

Imogen shook her head as she did as instructed by the older girl. Immy had more or less lived a muggle life but her mother and her grandmother on her mothers side had been witches. She had pushed the fact that she was a witch out her mind until she had gotten her letter.

"No, my mother was a witch but I basically lived as a muggle only knowing little bits of the magic I would learn here." Imogen said. Rubbing her hands together. "Are you? And what is there to do next?"

"My mom is a witch and my dad was a muggleborn" she said to Immy as she pointed to the oven. "We put all this in that circular tray and put it in the oven. we can make the cream while it bakes" she said with a grin.

The icing part and decortaing the cake was always Kasey's favorite part. "I lived as a muggle too and didn't even know about our world. My granny being a muggle didn't allow it in the house so my parents never told me" she said with a sigh.

Imogen nodded as she was given more intructions on what to do. She did as instructed as the older girl spoke. Immy believed that after living in the muggle world coming to hogwarts meant getting the best of both worlds.

"I think that growing up more like a muggle is better. You get the best of both worlds" Imogen said."Would you like to do the next step?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back