OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Yew Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Jerara was feeling pretty good about the day, he'd just returned from the honeydukes store where he obviously worked, and had brought a little bag of sweets for Eleanor. He knew from their last conversation in the store what kind of sweets she liked and he had got her some, thankfully free because he'd spent his Saturday there and not back at school. He was just trying to find her, it was nearing the end of dinner time and attempting to spot her in within the huge mass of students getting something to eat to end the day. He searched up and down the slytherin table first, knowing that she had a twin in slytherin and perhaps she eat with her, before wandering over to the hufflepuff table. He felt more at ease walking up and down the hufflepuff table until he spotted her, "Eleanor!" he greeted as he made his way up to where she was sitting at the table, and motioned to the seat next to her, "If you don't mind me sitting with you?" he asked her politely, suddenly realising that he couldn't just plop himself down beside her without first asking and being sure that she was okay with it. He wanted to join her, and he wanted to spend the time with her, since he knew it would be the most fun. Jerara liked Eleanor a lot, she was so nice and lovely and he just smiled at the thought of her.

There was not a better place in Hogwarts than the Great Hall and whenever meal times came around Eleanor was always one of the first there. She loved eating as it was what everyone had to do to survive. Better yet, food tasted amazing and she couldn't help but feel happy whenever she ate as it made her feel nice and full inside. As the girl sat at the Hufflepuff table she piled lots of different food onto her plate and began eating the chicken leg first, putting as much of it into her mouth as possible. As she heard her name being said, she quickly wiped her face with the nearest napkin and turned around sheepishly to find Jerara who she had been embarrassingly looking for the other day. Luckily, he found her and she couldn't help but be delighted to see him again. "Hey Jerara! Of course you can sit with me." she exclaimed, moving over a little bit to give him some room. "How have you been?" Eleanor was quite thankful to be able to see him again and was genuinely interested in whatever he had to say. After all, she hadn't met someone as kind as him before and knew that she was lucky to have been able to befriend him.

Jerara grinned and took a seat beside her. He couldn't help the smile upon his face as he did so, placing himself between the different hufflepuffs, making sure to glance at who was round him so he could say hello to any of the ones he perhaps knew. Which as it turned was none of them, certainly Tristan wasn't within his site, "I've been good! I'm sorry I couldn't make the wild patch event, but I brought you something to make up for it," he told her, he'd been quite annoyed that he'd found out about the event so late and had already agreed to work that day. He took the sweet bag and placed it in front of her, "I brought you some sweets! From the store," he smiled brightly, hoping that she would enjoy the gift, he hoped so. He had thought of it while he was working, and how nice it would be a thing to do for her, she as a good friend, and he could get very reduced priced candy, so why not share. The boy smiled at her, "I hope you like them, I tried to remember what you said you liked last time," Jerara said a little more shyly with a little grin, "How was your day?" he then asked hoping to get the conversation away from what he'd just said, and he was of course genuinely curious about her day.

Eleanor was a bit surprised that Jerara had something for her as she didn't think she needed anything. As he showed her the bag of candy he had brought for her, her eyes widened at it, not really believing at first that it could all possibly be for her. How did he know candy was her most favourite thing in the world? He even remembered her favourite flavours and she couldn't help but blush slightly at his generosity. "Thank you so much Jerara!" she beamed, not really caring whether or not he came to the event anyway. "Did you want the first pick?" She opened it up and held the bag out to him, not really feeling it was nice to just keep it all for herself. After all, she hadn't really done anything to deserve it and Jerara probably deserved it more than her. Howver, she did not say this as it would be impolite to refuse such a thoughtful gift. "I've been good!" she told him honestly. "I actually was looking for you just the other day. I wanted to tell you I liked the rose you gave me. Did you like mine?" She smiled at him, remembering just where she had kept her only yellow rose. She planned on keeping it alive for as long as possible even though she could easily grow another one if she wanted to.

Jerara was overwhelming happy that she liked the gift of candy, he had been nervous that she wouldn't want it, or that he had picked out all the wrong sweets, that he'd picked out something she would hate and by proxy hate him. The ravenclaw couldn't help return the wide and happy smile she was giving him. But he shook his head at the offer, "Nah, it's okay, I have to have dinner first," he joked, but also being serious, he pulled a plate towards him and began placing food on it. He was happy to sit and eat with her, usually he spent his dinner deep in a book, reading about this that or the other thing, and always reading so much he barely even noticed the hall around him. He liked it, for Jerara sitting alone with his books was easiest. Although he had to admit that sitting with her was also very nice. It was certainly nice to sit with a friend whom he'd made that year, who had been so exceedingly kind to him when she hadn't needed to be. At the fact that she'd been looking for him the other day he smiled, "Oh yeah I really did! I was so surprised to get a rose," he said, "It was a really nice, made my day," he told her with smile, since it had done just that. Jerara poured himself a glass of juice, "I looked for you in the dance, but didn't end up staying that long at the event, did you go?"

Eleanor giggled when Jerara said he had to have dinner before eating candy. She didn't understand why some people waited so long before eating the best part but shrugged and took a piece of candy from the bag first, popping it straight into her mouth. She loved the taste of sugar in her mouth and couldn't be more thankful for how kind Jerara was to give her some of it for free and for absolutely no reason at all. "Why were you surprised to get a rose?" Ellie asked him, wondering if he had any other friends that would be generous enough to give some to him. After all, Jerara was a very nice person and it shocked Ellie that he might not have received another rose. At the mention of the dance, Ellie had to think for a moment before wondering whether or not she actually went. The Valentine's Day dance was never really something Eleanor could see herself at, especially considering it was for couples who loved each other and not for someone like her. She shook her head. "No, I didn't think I needed to go." she told him, regretting her decision now that she knew Jerara was there. "I'm sorry." the Hufflepuff added, feeling quite annoyed at herself. On the bright side, at least Jerara wasn't angry at her or anything.

Jerara shrugged, "I just didn't expect to get any, I mean, who would want to send me a rose," he didn't mean it in a self deprecating way, just that he really didn't think any one would want to give him a rose. He'd only gotten the one from her, and he had been so nicely surprised to get one. He didn't spend all that much time sitting talking to others, his friends were really just Eleanor and Tristan. He spoke to a few others, but they weren't his friends, and though he liked Tristan he didn't see that person as the type to send a rose to him. The boy shrugged, "I don't have many friends really, too much time spent reading books," Jerara replied honestly. He didn't mind it, and his tone didn't indicate that he minded it either. He was perfectly happy to always be reading, to always have a book in front of him. Jerara nodded at her answer, there was no reason to really go if you didn't have a partner, but he didn't mind it. He liked going along to those sorts of things. The ravenclaw shook his head at her, "Don't apologise, there's no need," he told her, "It's been and gone, there's always next year, or the year after, or the year after that," he said with a wide smile, there would be plenty more opportunities to meet at the valentines dance if they so chose to. They wouldn't need to, but if they chose to, "Looking forward to the end of the semester?"

Eleanor quickly shook her head at Jerara's reply, "I bet a lot of people would want to send you a rose." she told him. "It's just that you probably don't have a lot of friends. You should make some!" The Hufflepuff smiled brightly at him, wondering if Jerara would even want to make more friends. Sometimes not having a whole lot of friends was a good thing and Ellie couldn't blame him if not. Even after Jerara told her not to be sorry, she still felt guilty about not showing up at the Valentine's Dance. He must have wasted so much time looking for her when he could have been enjoying himself. "Well next time there's a dance on we must tell each other about it. That way there'd be no need for the confusion." she explained. "Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the end of the semester! I love the holidays because I can do whatever I want. What about you? Are you excited?"

Jerara was touched by how adamant that Eleanor was about him getting roses, for Jerara he hadn't been bothered by the amount, getting one was amazing to him, he had truly though none would be sent to him, nor did he entirely mind if they hadn't been. At her mention of making new friends, "Well I've already made one new friend this year, I think that fills my quota," he joked trying to make it obvious that he was referring to her and not anyone else. The ravenclaw definitely liked the prospect of having someone to spend the time with at the balls, at the dances, it filled him with an eagerness for them he didn't often feel. The boy smiled at her, and nodded at her, "Yeah, that'll be good! I'd like that," the boy told her with a warmth. He liked Eleanor a lot, he could easily see himself spending time with her at any of the school events. He nodded at her, the holidays were a great time, "I'll be working for most of it, I'm looking forward to it though, usually the holidays are busier," Jerara said with no disappointment in his tone, "I'd like to go home, but I'm saving up to go back for next christmas," Jerara informed her, with traces of excitement over that prospect clear in his tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back