Bad News

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
Sophia made her way to the Lakefront with her messenger bag slung over her right shoulder and across her torso, a sealed letter in her right hand. She walked over to the rock she and Ford had sat upon many times before and got up onto it, sitting down and opening up the letter.

Her golden eyes scanned it and a small frown curled onto her lips. The letter did not bear good news. Sophia looked up and scanned the grounds for Ford, whom she had asked to meet her down here. They needed to talk, especially considering the contents of this letter.

Ford walked down to the lakefront with this school bag slung over his shoulders. He got down to his old rock to see Sophia there with something in her hand, her expression was not a pleasant one, even for her. "Hello there," he greeted.

"Hello Ford," Sophia greeted as Ford came up. "I got a letter from my father." Her expression was grim, as she did not want to tell Ford what the letter said. She knew she had to though, especially as it impacted their summer plans.

Ford stopped next to Sophia, "Oh?" From what Ford had gathered, news From her father usually was not good.

Sophia let out a small sigh and turned to face Ford, turning her body to face in toward him. "It appears that some supposed relative whom I have never met has died. Because of this event I must attend the funeral, and my father says it is family only. In other words, you cannot stay the summer with me. I am sorry Ford." Sophia managed to keep her voice steady and emotionless, but she looked slightly disappointed.

For the first time in a long while, Ford could honestly say that his heart sank. But he kept it inside, "That's what family is good for, I suppose: taking us away from stuff that we care about." He sat down next to her and put his arm around her, "It'll be fine. I'll be staying here, hopefully, so I'll have things to do. And you'll get to see your family, do you have any cousins?"

Sophia smirked up at Ford, glad to see that he was taking this so well. She was certainly not all right with it. "Actually, I do not know. I have never met any of my extended family. I assumed I had none. Do you?"

"Not that I am aware of. My father exists, theoretically, and with him might be a family. And other than that it's just my aunt and I. But she's not that much of a family. I've got much more of one here than I've ever had before," he said and flashed a rare smile.

Sophia let a rare soft smile show on her lips and leaned over, resting her head on Ford's shoulder. "I am going to miss you this summer. Promise you will write. I cannot imagine living the whole summer with only my father."

"I promise," he confirmed, "Spending the summer alone with one's father would be quite a trial. I will keep you updated with the goings on of the summertime Hogwarts."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back