Back?

Tawny Lao

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Tawny hadn't been off the plane more then five minutes before being whisked away to see the family. It was a refresher to see Aiko, though Tammi and Tameaka were nowhere to be seen. Tawny hadn't seen anyone in months, not since she left to be taught in Scotland. She had only recently graduated, and still only topped 3' tall. She smiled and chatted with the family, sharing stories, talking about what she would do next. Tawny had never been a family person, and she knew dancing would be where she'd go, even if her parents felt it wasn't much of a career.

It wasn't but seven when Aiko and her mother turned in for bed, both having to travel the next day. Tawny frowned slightly, knowing her father was a creature of habit, and would watch TV before going to bed. She kissed him on the cheek, then went up to her room. Everything was just as it had been when she first left. She looked all over, now feeling tall, having grown four inches in the past two years. it was her growth spurt, and probably the tallest she would ever be.

Tawny knew where she was going, and she waited until nine to leave. She sneaked out the window, knowing her parents would disprove, especially after last time. Tawny jogged, barefoot, over to his house. She needed to apologize, the last argument heavy on her heart. She then walked and finally stopped at the door. She was terrified, and her hand controlled itself. it knocked. once... twice. Would he remember her? Would he forgive her?

Neiko was surprised to here someone at the door, he wasn't expecting anyone and Tony was gone. He shut off the TV, he had been watching the interior design channel but wasn't that interested. So he walked to the door and looked through the peep hole. Not seeing anyone he opened the door, guessing there was a package or something. But he saw something or should he say someone he hadn't seen in a long time, Tawny. She had went off to some other school and he hadn't heard from her since that day... Truthfully he had missed her, she had been his best friend, but what she had done, it had hurt him. He had felt betrayed, she knew he was gay... But where did that leave them now. "Tawny?"

Tawny looked through her squared bangs, every time she blinked they would move. They were in desperate need of being cut. She sight slightly, then looked up. "Hey. Can I come in?" There were a lot of mixed emotions between the two, considering their past. The love potion bottle had been thrown out long ago. She was disappointed in herself. The fight had been nasty, she had used the f word, the word that would cut him deepest. She looked down at her nails, normally perfect, but, now chewed.

Neiko sighed, something he would never have done under normal circumstances "OK". But then again if were anywhere near normal he would never have agreed to let her in. He was to emotional for his own good and really he didn't want them to be strangers. They had been best friends, something he deeply missed. His one true friend, had left. Granted he did hang out with Tony and his friends but most of them were homophobic and would freak out if he even looked at them. Maybe he let her in because he was lonely. He would probably never figure it out but he hoped it would turn out okay.

He went to the kitchen and grabbed some pop and brownies. Even though she had left Neiko still kept them in stock, he hadn't just made them for her. Sitting the food on the coffee table he looked at her, she hadn't changed much, a few inches shorter and a hair cut and it would have been like she never left. "What do you want Tawny." He asked sitting down on the couch

Tawny looked at her hands the entire time that he was in the kitchen. She didn't know what she was supposed to do. She had never been so nervous at everything. She started humming a song lightly, and counting mentally the dance steps. It was a comforting thing. She smiled when she saw the brownies, but she didn't reach for any of them. Her stomach was doing flips, she just couldn't even think of eating. She looked at him, the words he used hurt her. "I... Thanks for letting me in." She said with a half smile. She tapped her feet to the beat, counting slowly. "six, one, two, two, one..." her process went back and fourth from the different stances she would take. "It's been a while..." She stated.

Neiko new she was thinking the same things he was... He noticed what she was doing it was one of her quirks, the humming and counting. He was probably one of the only ones that would have noticed it being a dancer too, and the fact he used to know her so well. "You know I'm not the kind of person to shut the door on anyone." he was being kind of careful, like her. This was really weird for him, "Yeah two years." He popped the top of his pop can, and took a drink he didn't really want anything but it saved him from having to say anything else.

Tawny stopped humming and looked at him with the click noise he had made. She sighed again, the second time in a five minute period. "I'm sorry. Everything I did was stupid, I've gotten help, I never knew what a crush was. And I didn't know how to react. I was so sick of being told I wasn't worth anything by my sisters that i wanted to feel worth something. Aiko had her good points, and people love the twins, I was just the freak of the family. I was the burden, and you made me feel like I was a good person. Neiko, what I did was stupid. You were my best friend, and I... I'm just sorry." She blurted it all out so quick that she never thought she'd stop. She took a breath. She wasn't done. "I wont do it again if you give me the chance. Plus i need a dance partner for help. I can't dance with myself." Now she was done.

It took Neiko a minute to comprehend all she had said and it made him want to cry. He knew that was stupid but he knew that what had happened must have been some kind of mistake, and he had known for a while how she felt around her family. "I'm sorry too Tawny, what I said to you," He winced. "I went to far." He stood up, "I should have been the better man and stopped the argument it's as much my fault as it is yours." He looked at her, "I know you would never do it again." He smiled. "And you know we were meant to dance together." With her being small, there weren't many dance partner's that could work with her size, and he was short for a guy and they matched each other perfectly when dancing.

The little Goblin had never had so many emotions in her. "No, if I hadn't started this whole thing, I understand. In all fairness, I am a Midget." She said with a slight laugh. She smiled at him. "So we can put this behind us, right?" She asked. She was ready to forget, she honestly was. She wanted her friend back, really the only friend she had. She smiled at him, and opened her small arms for a hug. This would seal the deal, if he hugged her. if not, she would know how much longer she had to work for it; a long time. She was prepared for either of these outcomes.

Neiko shook his head, he never should have called her that. It was really mean, granted she had said equally mean things but she wasn't the first to call him a f@g. "Your perfectly proportional and that's all that matters." He laughed a little. "What's in the past stay's there, so we can move on." She motioned for a hug and he couldn't help himself, he wrapped his arms around her, he only had to bend a little being five foot three, he didn't tower over her like most. He finally let go and looked at her, It had taken seeing her again to realize to the fullest how much he had missed her. "Let's never fight again?"

She smiled. The smiled faded as she stood on tip-toes, her head on his shoulder. She realized that the butterflies came from more then her nervousness of being in the same room as him after the fight. She still had a few feelings for them, and being as old as she was, she knew what the feelings meant. She smiled though before he could see her troubled face. "Unless you step on my feet, partner." She said with a slight laugh. She had expected the make up to last a lot longer then what it did. She looked at the brownies, and smiled a little bit. it didn't take long for her to grab one, and have another in her mouth. They were really her favorite.

Neiko smiled, he liked the idea of being dance partners again. He loved to dance and maybe they could even find a job together, Tony had been nagging him to get one. "I would never." He said sticking his tongue out at her. He grinned when she grabbed a brownie and then another. He gabbed one knowing they would be gone soon. He didn't care though he was just glad to have his best friend back. Things were going to get better for them. He knew it, an outcast alone was suicide but together they could do anything.

END

Users who are viewing this thread

Back