OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Why? Of all the places that she could have chosen to come to, why did it have to be back here? Apparently Kat was a glutton for punishment...not that she didn't deserve it, but coming back to the place where her life had essentially ended was just crazy. She stopped, just stood in the exact same spot that she'd stood the day she gave everything back to Sumner. The ring, the bracelet, and the one that hurt the most...the rest of her heart. He had it and she knew she'd never get it back and wasn't even sure if she wanted it back. The thing that hurt the most was that she still loved him with everything that she was, but knew that it was over...for good.

Lurking dangerously close to the edge Kat sat, and let her legs dangle over the side. The wind was blowing her brown hair across her face. She closed her eyes and let her surroundings take her over.

Raff let a smile reach his face as he made his way to the cliffs. The place where it all started. He had met Hadan here and they had danced together in the rain. He could almost see the scene play out before him just as it had on that day. He had to be thankful for the two girls in his life. Without Hadan and Taylor, Raffael didn't think he would have been able to get over his parents. It now felt like so long ago and he had moved on and away from that time in his life.

Reaching the top of the cliffs, where he had planned to sort out some of his thoughts, Raff noticed the space was already occupied. It was a girl, but Raff couldn't determine how old with her back facing him. "You know your sitting awfully close to the edge there." He pointed out, noticing the girls legs were hanging over the side. He moved closer quickly, suddenly nervous that his voice might have startled her and she would lose her balance and topple over. Wouldn't that just make his day?

Kat gave a slight start when she heard a male voice. Shielding her eyes from the sun she looked up to see a boy who was in her classes, but she hadn't the first clue as to his name. She shrugged and looked back out over the horizon. "You're observant," she said a bit coolly before realizing how harsh she sounded. "I'm sorry, that was rude and uncalled for," Kat sighed and then added, "You're right...I'm probably a little too close to the edge." Though she said the words she didn't move from where she was sitting.

Raff recognised her from classes when she turned around. He had a feeling her name was Kat or something like that. Her reply reminded him of the way Hadan had responded when they were first up here. However she soon apologised and it sounded fairly genuine, so Raffael shrugged it off. He was never one to hold grudges. He took a few more steps closer to the edge. "You don't mind if I join you do you?" He asked, having no problems with leaving if she happened to want him to. Raff really needed to get to know some more people. He was so antisocial within his own year group, but he wanted to change all that.

Kat was a bit surprised when he asked if he could join her. Apparently she wasn't b1tchy enough to run the boy off which she was grateful for. Maybe conversing with someone who didn't know her would temporarily help her forget how crappy life was for her right now. "No. I don't mind," she said patting the rocky area next to her. "Sorry, but I can't for the life of me remember your name. I know I have classes with you, but I'm horrible with names," Kat said apologetically.

Raffael gave her a lopsided smile and sat down next to her, hanging his own feet over the edge. "I'm Raffael Fox." He said with a light chuckle, his French accent evident in his voice. He wasn't surprised no one knew his name. One had to actually converse with others for them to know who he was. "I think I may know your name, but I don't want to get it wrong, so your...?" He said in the form of a question.

Forcing a weak smile she looked at the boy and said, "Katalina Vanderhol, but I think everyone calls me Kat. Nice to formally meet you Raffael." Usually meeting new people made Kat nervous, but as of late she was just too numb to feel much of anything. Looking out once more across the vastness that was New Zealand she said, "So how is it that we have most classes together, yet we just now actually meet?" She knew the answer to that question...for the last year her whole world had revolved around Sumner and now, well, it simply didn't.

Raffael was inwardly pleased with himself when he got her name correct. "You too Kat." He said with a small nod and a smile. "And if you want, just Raff is fine for me." He informed her, it usually made it easier on people. Not that he didn't like his name, he just preferred other people calling him Raff.

Raff shrugged his shoulders at her question. "I guess everyone is already caught up in their own crowd. It's hard to fit in being a transfer." He admitted truthfully, everyone had their best friends and what not. He didn't really fit into a group of people yet. Maybe in time he would, but then again, there was only two more years of school to go. "You hang out with Andy and stuff don't you?" Raff asked, a little uncertain. He thought he had remembered seeing Kat with her at some point. Andy was the first person that Raffael had spoken to after moving to the school and he was thankful for that. He hadn't spoken to her in a while though. Not after the Gossip Magazine had claimed he was her Bruin rebound when all he had done was comfort her.

"Raff," she said simply, still not looking him in the face. Kat merely nodded when he said it was hard to fit in being a transfer student. Great, I attract them like flies...first Chace, then Sumner, now him she thought sarcastically. When Raffael asked about Andy, Kat flinched noticeably. "We used to be best friends. She, well, for lack of a better explanation she hates me now," she said dryly, having to swallow back the lump that formed in her throat when she thought about why her once best friend now loathed her with everything she had.

There was quite obviously something bothering the girl and Raffael found himself wishing he knew her better so he could help her in some way. It wasn't until she was replying about Andy that he wanted desperately to take back his question. "I'm sorry." He said, looking over the horizon and away from Kat. "I wouldn't have said anything if I had of known." He said genuinely. He sat next to the girl awkwardly, realising he should have probably left instead of bothering her.

It wasn't until she heard the boy's response back to her that she realized how horrible of company she was being. Kat shook her head and for the first time looked the boy in the eyes. "You couldn't have possibly known and in all honesty I brought it all on myself," she said, her blue eyes filled with sadness and remorse. She sighed heavily and added, "I'm not very good company am I? Sorry. Let's see, since we don't know each other how about we get down some basics," Kat paused and then asked the first question, "Where did you transfer from? I'm detecting a French accent, but accents usually mean diddly...especially around here."

Raffael shrugged, looking back at Kat as she spoke, finally meeting her eyes. He gave her a small supportive smile when he noticed them turn sad. "Your fine company. It's better than no company at all. Trust me, if we had started speaking a couple of months ago, you would have seen me at a lot worse than your being. Everyone goes through hard times. I understand." He said placing his hands behind him and leaning back.

"I transferred from Beauxbatons last year. So, not the typical Durm boy." He let out a small laugh, knowing that most boys did attend Durmstrang rather than Beauxbatons. Something about it being a 'manlier' school or whatever nonsense people sprouted.

"I'm just normally a lot more...I don't know...bubblier I guess," Kat stated with a shrug. It was true she hadn't been her normal self lately. Maybe it was time to do some self-evaluation and decide just how miserable she really wanted to make herself over the next two years. Nodding she added, "Hard times suck, but I guess they shape who we become right?"

She couldn't help, but crack a small smile when Raff said he wasn't the typical Durm boy. "And for that I'm grateful. I'd probably have to hold it against you if you were...you know the typical Durm boy," she said with a light laugh. "So Beauxbatons. I know we have more than a few transfers from Scotland, but I don't think I've ever actually met anyone from Beauxbatons before. What's it like there?"

"Well I guess that means I have something more to look forward to when we talk again." He replied when she confessed she was usually more bubbly.

"Right." He agreed when she said hard times shaped people to who they were. That was 100% true. It had stopped Raffael from being oblivious to bad things around him. Well not completely, because some bad habits were hard to break.

Raff chuckled at her comment. "Bad experience with Durm boys then. Got it." He said carefully, not wanting to upset her, if this was the reason she was having a hard time. "Beauxbatons." He said, trying to think of how to explain it. "It's a lot stricter than Hogwarts, that's for sure. Also quite proper, but that's probably because of the discipline. I think I prefer it here, but I've yet to decide." He smiled at Kat. "So I take it you've been here since first year then?"

"I guess you do then," Kat said with a small, but genuine smile...the first one she'd managed to crack and mean in weeks.

Thinking about it for a moment she replied, "Bad experience...you could say that, though not recently. Nonetheless they don't exactly hold a warm spot in my heart." She listened as he said that Beauxbatons was a lot stricter and more proper than they were here. Kat could believe that, from what she had read on the school it just seemed like a very refined place of learning. When he smiled at her she felt happy, made her forget for a little bit that life was less than perfect right now. "That I have been. Started when I was just a wee little eleven year old. I was shy clumsy and horribly homesick when I came. Now I'm just extremely clumsy," Kat said with a small chuckle, "I actually think that's what I'm famous for."

Raff found himself smiling wider as Kat seemed to lighten up the slightest bit. He was also relieved to note that the experience with Durm boys had happened a while ago. He let a chuckle escape as she spoke of her clumsiness. "Well at least you know your famous for something." He reasoned, raising an eyebrow playfully. "I hated New Zealand when I got here, but I've come to like it in the past year. I always assumed I wouldn't be here this long." He shrugged, remembering back to when his parents had divorced. He had expected them to get back together after countless other times they had done the same thing, but they didn't and now he was on his own. They might have still gotten back together, but he suspected it would be a long time before he found out.

"I guess I had always assumed I'd be attending Hogwarts Scotland, but then mum and dad both took jobs with the ministry here and so here I sit. At first all I wanted was to go back to England...I loathed it here, but now, well, this is home for me," Kat said peacefully. "What did you hate about it exactly? I mean besides the fact that there isn't much to do around here," she asked curiously.

Raffael nodded his head in understanding. He suspected New Zealand would become home for him soon enough as well, but for now he still wasn't sure what he wanted. There wasn't much for him back in France though. Expect Beauxbatons and some family members that had never given him the time of day. Over here he had Hadan and a place to stay with Taylor in Australia. Things weren't as bad as he had once assumed they would be. "I guess I was just like you. I wanted to go back to France so much. I had no connections at all over here. There was just me staying with my Dad." He felt a pang at the mention of his Dad, but it wasn't strong enough to bother him. He had let them go over the holidays, moved away from that.

"Well I hope you learn to love it like I have," Kat said sincerely. Then she realized that there was something that she didn't know about the boy. "I forgot to ask...what house are you in?" She couldn't believe of all the things they'd just discussed and she didn't even know what house he was in. Kat knew for sure he wasn't a Gryffindor and if she had him pegged right then she was guessing Hufflepuff.

"I hope so too." He said with a lopsided grin. "Oh, I'm a Ravenclaw." He admitted, although recently he had been acting like less of a Ravenclaw than usual. Certain people were throwing off his study concentration. "Your a Gryffindor, if I remember correctly?" He asked, remembering back to classes and thinking he saw red on her robes.

Kat's stomach lurched when he said he was a Ravenclaw, but she kept a straight face. She wondered if he roomed with Sumner, but thought better than to ask. No sense in opening up a can of worms unnecessarily. Kat smiled at the boy, but this time it was a bit more forced than it had been and said, "You remember right. All Gryffindor through and through." She had to swallow back the lump that was now in her throat. If she didn't go soon then that smothering feeling was going to consume her and right here in front of a complete stranger. Steadily Kat made her way to her feet. "Well Raff is was a pleasure talking with you. Now we have no reason not to speak in class since we formally know each other now," she said with a meek grin before adding, "I have to meet someone in a little bit so sadly I must run, but I'll see you in class tomorrow." With that Kat gave a small wave and turned to head back up to the castle, trying desperately not to fall apart before getting back to the privacy of her own dorm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back