Back To School, Ring The Bell.

Prudence Armstead

OOC First Name
Nichole
Prue couldn't stand the long trek up to the towers, and that was the particular reason she was still at the bottom of the steps, facing away from them. She had been shuffling through her bag for at least ten minutes, trying to make sure she didn't forget anything. She had long ago changed out of her school uniform and into some comfortable jeans. Her Gryffindor sweater and tie were still formal though, as she had been in a rush to go send a letter to her parents. She hadn't written them in a few days about her schooling, and knew they would both want to hear all about it. "Parchment, quills, ink, everything." She said once more, standing up and pulling her jeans higher on her slim hips. She didn't have any excuses now. She needed to head up the long, narrow stair way and go to the owlry. Going up was the hardest part, and she knew it. Once she was up there she would eat the small snack of crackers and peanut butter she'd packed for herself. That was her biggest motivation. Once she got up there she could have food.

The brunette turned on her heels to make her way up the stairs. Her hand landed on the rail, but her food landed on something rather soft - definitely not a step. Without moving she looked to her side, and noticed another student making his own way up the stairs. it just so happened that they'd both picked the same side to walk up on. "I'm sorry." Prue said, though she couldn't help laughing. She recognized this boy, he had answered the question before her in Transfiguration - stolen her answer right from her mouth. "Raymond right?" She asked, attempting to edge up the stairs a bit. "Excuse me." She requested pass from the boy whom she competed with academically. it seemed he was a bit angry to have had his foot stepped on. In attempt to ease the mood she couldn't help but say, "Race ya." Before starting a jog up the stairs. If anything, he'd think she was nuts, and not want to follow her. She was concerned of what might happen if he did - as he was a Slytherin, and they weren't exactly known for their understanding and kindness. She was out of breath halfway up the flight though, and by the time she reached the top she needed to sit down and catch her breath. She hunched over, hand on the cool wall, wondering if he had followed her. For all she knew, he won - after all, her steely blues were closed in an attempt to catch her breath. She was trul out of shape.

Raymond Mandy had been wondering all day about who this Freddie Raska person was. He wondered why he had a letter from him. Ray Ray had been busy all day, so he had not found the time to open it. He has been focusing extremely hard on his classes. The first three were always the most important one. The classes after that were easy. He was looking for somewhere private so that he could read the letter. He did know what it contained, and he did not want people to be around in case he got emotional. He had changed into something more comfortable. He was surprised his hat was able to fit over his head because his hair was really wild. It was the afternoon, and he had brought a bunch of clothes that he had no opportunity to wear because of the uniform. He decided to take advantage of his freedom. He was heading up to the North Tower so that he could be alone. He noticed a girl, but he hoped that she would not try and talk to him.

Instead, she stepped on his foot. "Ow." he said in a monotone matter. He looked at the girl, and he thought that her hair was quite big as well. Raymond nodded. Her name started with a P, and he was having a hard time finding her name. "Pru..." he waited for her finish it off. He was going to call her Pru if she did not get the hint. He was pretty mad that his foot got stepped on, but the thought of beating her at a race made him forget about it. Before he could reply, she was already racing up the stairs. Raymond ran up the stairs full speed. He was always up for a challenge. He thought of pushing her, but that was dangerous. He did not want to kill someone. He made it up the stairs first, and he turned to Pru. "Do I get an apology for winning?"

Prudence had barely registered when he'd called her by her most common nickname. She just wanted to race up the stairs. It got her up there quicker than she ever though possible, considering she normally trudged up them grumbling the whole way up. She was now seated, back to the cool, stone wall next to the stair well. She had to sit down for a moment, goodness she was out of breath. She looked up at the boy who had beaten her, and seemed much less fazed than she was. Finally, with breath in her lungs, the young brunette stood up and smiled at him. "You got one back there, but yes. I'm sorry I accidentally stepped on your foot."She jutted out a hand to the young man, "I don't think I've actually talked to you yet, but I'm Prudence - Uhm, Prue." She corrected herself, since most people chose Prue as a nickname for her anyways. Her feet were not sore, and she moved to adjust her hair, which seemed to have gone a bit askew during her run.

"So, what brings you up the stairs today?" She asked, making light conversation as she reached into her bag for letters and writing utensils. She only wanted a little company, and the Slytherin so far had not become rude or spiteful like they could sometimes be. Not that the proud lion cub would judge someone by their house, as she was sure that there were plenty of kind Slytherin and rude Gryffindors. As well as unintelligent Ravenclaws and boisterous Hufflpuffs. Regardless of the fact, stereotypes did stem from somewhere, didn't they?

It had been a long time since Raymond had felt so much energy. He felt like his seven year old self again. He did not remember hearing an apology, but why would she lie? He had no reason not to believe her. "I was probably in too much pain to hear it." he joked. He was a little out of breath. He knew it would go away soon, so he held in his complaints. Prudence. That was her name. It honestly sounded like a fruit. For some reason, he thought it would be a sweet fruit, if her name was the name of a fruit. "That's a nice name. What does it mean?" he asked. He needed some more friends at this school, so he was going to do his best to be nice. He had already made an enemy. He did not fancy making another one.

Raymond clenched the handle of his bookbag tightly. He felt telling her about the letter would force him to tell her the whole story of his life. It was an explanation that he did not want to give at all. "I just got a letter. That's all." he told her. He looked at her expectantly. Hopefully, she would begin to talk about her own reasons for being up here. He did not like talking about personal matters much. He was reserved in that manner. Otherwise, he could go on and on about a bunch a crap that did not even matter.

Prudence wouldn't mind another race. The young, lion headed girl hadn't felt exhilaration like that in a wile. Since arriving at the school it seemed that most of her mind was in studying - especially in her transfiguration's class. That was the class that she most wanted to do well in, so that maybe one day she could be blessed to become an animagus. She couldn't think of any better thing than to become what she loved so much, another animal. A beautiful, free, and furry animal. Or scaly - she wasn't about to be picky if she was given the chance to become another species. She only hoped she wouldn't become a monkey, as that seemed too similar to a person. Then again, monkey's had tails. Even a tail-less gorilla had it's perks with it's large size.

"Well, again, I'm sorry. I hope your foot isn't too damaged!" She was excited to be speaking with a kind-seeming slytherin. Besides that he seemed genuinely interested in speaking with her. She'd only made one other friend in this scool, which was a Ravenclaw boy. It seemed odd to the twelve year old that she only seemed able to gain male friends, not that she hadn't talked to any other girls. It just seemed that she had more in common with men than with women. Sometimes they were too catty, and Prue wasn't about to stand for that. "Oh, thank you, it means cautious I think. My dads say the name doesn't fit me at all." She laughed slightly. "I love getting letters!" She commented without pring. "I'm heading to the owlry as well though, can I join you - or would you join me? I love having company." She smiled at him, waiting to see if he'd e willing to join her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back