Back In The Familiar Environment

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor set leaning against a rock by the cliffs. It was a nice day out and a nice breeze brushed again Taylor's blonde hair, blowing it off her face just slightly. Thoughts of Scorp ran through her mind and it brought a smile to her face. Things were going so well. Her mother had recovered after the loss of Chadarnus, she had Scorp and her Dad was bright and smiling more than ever before. Back at school felt good, she didnt think that could be possible, but she felt so peaceful and at ease, she felt as though nothing could take that away.

It had been so long since Hyo-rin had been in Hogwarts. She had returned to Korea because her grandfather had passed away. Being a devout Buddhist and a member of the Korean royal family, she had to stay in Korea for 100 days. There was a rule that when any member of the royal family died, those who were overseas had to return for 100 days or bad luck will come their way. Hyo-rin sighed, she missed school very much.

Hyo-rin had arrived in Hogwarts that morning. It was the 101th day, and that meant she could get out of Korea. Hyo-rin watched as all her servants took out all her suitcases.

Finally reaching Hogwarts, Hyo-rin felt like walking in the grounds again. Sure, she had beautiful lawns and lakefront in Korea, but the lawns were nothing compared to the ones here in Hogwarts.

Hyo-rin did not bother to change into her Gryffindor uniform. She was still using her crown and her ceremonial gown, as she began to walk towards the cliffs, the place she missed the most.

As she reached the cliff, she began to notice a familiar figure. Hyo-rin walked up to the girl and smile. "Taylor, I've missed you so much!" she shrieked. Hyo-rin wasn't sure if Taylor would recognize her since she was in her royal outfit.

Taylor heard her name being called, it distracted her out of her thoughts. As she turned she noticed a girl, she was familiar but Taylor couldnt recognise her in a crown and ceremonial gown. As she got closer, she noticed it was Hyo-rin. She hadnt seen her in ages! "Hyo-rin! Where have you been!?" Taylor jumped up and gave her old friend a hug. She had just disappeared! She had just got to know the girl and then she had left, but none of that mattered anymore because she was back, Taylor grinned at her.

Hyo-rin hugged her close friend. "I've missed you so much Taylor, how have you been?" she o-inquired happily. It was such a good moment for Hyo-rin, Taylor and her have been friends since like forever.

"My grandfather, yeah the one who forced me to marry," she replied rolling her eyes. "He passed away, and there's this golden rule of staying Korea for 100 days to mourn him," she cointinued, trying her best to explain the ceremony to Taylor. "We, the grand children, had sleep to with the body for 100 days. It was just freaky!!" Hyo-rin exclaimed.

"Never marry a Korean Prince Taylor," she remindered her friend. "Or you'll be stuck with some dead body," Hyo-rin added with a small laugh.

Hyo-rin then took out her crown and placed it on Taylor's head. "You look like a princess in that," she squeled excitedly. "I dare you to wear it on your head for two days," Hyo-rin said ina jokingly manner.

"Ive been great." Taylor admitted, a foolish grin on her face as she thought of all the events that took place over the holidays.

Taylor listened as Hyo-rin explained where she had been. It sounded complicated, but Taylor understood it well enough. She nodded at the appropriate times, but she still didnt think the whole Korean customs would make alot of sense to her. She laughed with Hyo-rin, glad the girl hadnt left for good.

She then laughed when Hyo-rin placed the crown on her head. She struck a pose. "Totally." She joked, sticking her tongue out playfully. "I wouldnt wear it! Im not the princess here." She took it off gently, not trusting herself with it and placed it back on Hyo-rin' head. "I hope things werent too bad for you in Korea?" She stated, although it was more a question.

Hyo-rin smiled warmly at her friend, thinking of the times she had in Korea. Her face lightened up when she remembered An Tae Wan. Hyo-rin had naughtily escaped from the castle a few times, wanting to get to know the real Korea. She had met a super-cute thirteen year old korean boy in the fish market, and they became really close. Hyo-rin even developed a crush for him. She could tell he was different from all the other boys at her school since they only liked her because she was a princess. Tae Wan however, didn't even know she was a princess, she only told him after weeks of having around with him. Hyo-rin blushed, Tae Wan was perfect for her. But he was so so so so far away. She was in New Zealand, he was in Korea. But long distant relationship worked right? Hyo-rin hoped it would, because she was already half in love with him. Hyo-rin smiled at Taylor, her thoughts of Tae Wan dissapearing. Hyo-rin had returned back to earth.

"Yeah, it wasn't bad. Everyone was fine," she replied, still smiling. "And guess what? I met this super cute thirteen year old in Korea, his name is Tae Wan. I'll show you pictures of him later," Hyo-rin said to Taylor, as her face began to brighten up. Soon, her dimples began to show. Hyo-rin was the normal happy-go-lucky twelve-year-old again.

Taylor noticed the grin on Hyo-rin's face, she recognised that grin. She let her own smile form on her face. Her thoughts were then confirmed when Hyo-rin told her about this boy she had met in Korea. "You will have to how me pictures!" She said with a laugh. "In the common room later." She gave her friend a stern glance jokingly. Taylor then admitted how her holiday had gone. "I actually have a boyfriend now as well." She looked at the ground with a small laugh. She hadnt told anyone yet, to be honest, Hyo-rin was the first person she had met up with after being back at school.

Hyo-rin nodded happily. She really liked Tae Wan, they were just fated to be together. "Oh you do!" Hyo-rin replied happily, "do i know this lucky guy?" she asked, with a wink. Hyo-rin knew Taylor well, and whoever who had got Taylor was just lucky. Hyo-rin crossed her fingers. She hoped the boy who dates Taylor wasn't any of those guys she didn't like back in their first year.

"You've got me all excited, who's this mystery guy?" she asked looking at Taylor. "I bet he's good-looking," she replied with a big smile. "I know you well Taylor, you have very very high standards," she joked.

Taylor laughed and pretended to be scandalized at the high standards comment. "I do not!" She joked, although she had to admit, maybe she did. She was incredibly lucky to have Scorpius, after him and Luna, she didnt think she would ever get this chance. "Okay, you cant tell, his name is Scorpius, I dont know if you know him, but he's our year and in Ravenclaw." She said, it felt weird to say they were together, but it was the kind of weird that Taylor could relive over and over again. "And yes, he is very good looking." Taylor blushed, she couldnt wait to see him.

Hyo-rin laughed at Taylor's nervousness. "You know, you should get used to admitting who you're dating," she replied with a wink. Hyo-rin listened calmly as Taylor told her about who she was dating. Hyo-rin jumped in excitement, and almost twisted her ankle since she was in high heels. "Scorpius Knight?!?" she asked excitedly. Hyo-rin beamed. She knew Scorpius. They had chatted once, back in the first year.

"Good choice Taylor, I'm happy for you," Hyo-rin said honestly. She really was happy for Taylor. Hyo-rin liked Scorpius, he was like an older brother to her.

Taylor looked back up at Hyo-rin and let a laugh escape. "Yeah," she admitted grinning. "Thanks." She was truly greatful someone was happy for her. She didnt know how everyone else would take it. This year was turning out to be better than she could have thought. She had a boyfriend, a close friend had come back after disappearing and she already had people approving of her relationship. "So what about you and your 'friend'?" She joked. "Whats going on with you guys." She was about to take a seat, but then realised maybe it wasnt a good idea because Hyo-rin was still wearing fancy royal clothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back