Back again

Kiriyama Ando

Kiriyama sat on the edge of one of the jagged rocks that stood against the cloudless sky. He stared down over the ledge and watched the foamy white waves smashing against the stone face of the cliffs. He glanced over his shoulder, making sure that there was no one with authority approaching. He knew he wasn't supposed to be out this far, but it was nice to get away for a while.

A gust of wind blew across the grounds behind him and he shivered against his jacket. He was still getting used to the weird weather in New Zealand. Kiriyama thought bitterly again of his parents and the battle he had to go through to return to Hogwarts. He had loved Durmstrang more than his own home; at least until he saw how things could be at a school such as Hogwarts.

Kiriyama picked up a handful of pebbles and one by one began tossing them over the edge and watching as they tumbled to thier demise into the hungry mouth of the churning water below.

((Wow, I thought you had disappeared :p ))

Kat had ventured out of the castle and across the school grounds. It was nice and breezy out, perfect Spring weather. The cliffs had become her favorite place just to come and think. There was an odd peace here, even though it was supposed to be off limits to students. As she walked she saw a boy standing throwing pebbles over the edge and as she got closer Kat thought that he looked familiar, but she couldn't pick up on where she knew him from. "Umm, standing a little close to the edge there aren't you," she stated half-jokingly.

((I'm back :cool: ))

Kiriyama jerked when he heard a voice speak to him. He turned and glared over his shoulder. "I stand this close so that I'm further away from other people." lame he thought to himself. "Can't you see I want some peace?" He turned fully around to face the girl and the corners of his mouth twitched into a half smile. Hm....she's not ugly at least. I wonder if she's a Slytherin. He didn't get a Slytherin vibe from her.

"What are you doing out here. Don't you know it's forbidden. I would have figured someone like you would follow the rules." He smirked and then turned away from her, kicking a few rocks over the ledge with his dragon skin cowboy boots.

Kat was a bit taken aback by the harshness that the boy was giving off. "Excuse me then," she said with a bit of snark present in her tone. Oh he's got to be a Slytherin...only house I know who would react like that she thought with a glint of bitterness in her eyes.

"As a prefect I'm quite aware of the rules. No need to quote them to me," she said a little more hateful than she had intended.

With his back to her, Kiriyama's eyebrow arched up and he smiled. She's got spirit. "A prefect? Aren't you going to tarnish your shiny prefect medal by being out here?" He spun around again and crossed his arms across his thin chest. "What's your name anyway? What house are you in. I'm sure it's not Slytherin." He examined her appearance and smiled a real smile.

Kat's eyes narrowed at the boy. He was messing with her and she didn't know whether to get pissed off or to just sit back and play along. "I'm not really worried about it. I'll just say I followed you out here to remind you of the rules," she said in an uppity tone. When the boy turned to look at her she noticed the smile on his face and it warmed her a bit. "Kat and you're right...I'm definitely no Slytherin, but I'm going to venture a guess and say that you are," she replied with a curious gleam in her blue eyes.

"Kat, eh?" He just grinned and then walked to a rock near the edge and sat down. "My name is Kiriyama and I am certainly a Slytherin." He threw another handful of rocks over the ledge then turned back to her. "What house are you in?" His voice lost a bit of it's edge and he ran a hand through his unruly hair.

"Short for Katalina," she stated plainly as the Slytherin boy went and sat down on a rock. "Gryffindor. Pretty sure that means we're supposed to be mortal enemies," Kat said jokingly with a bit of light laughter. She personally had never really believed in house rivalries...unless it was on the quidditch pitch then all other houses were the enemy, even her own boyfriends house. "So...what year are you in? Did you transfer in?"

Kiriyama shrugged. "Yeah, we should be enemies, but who says we aren't?" he grinned crookedly.

"I transfered in a while ago, then my psycho parents made me go back to Durmstrang. I never hated Durmstrang until I came here. So, my parents finally let me come back. I'm a seventh year, but I was supposed to graduate last year. I guess all the time I wasted bugging my parents to get me out of Durmstrang was wasted time in doing my schoolwork." He shrugged. It didn't really matter to him since he had no real ambition or plans for his future.

Kiriyama felt awkward about the conversation. He was never one to reveal much about himself and already he had told more than most knew. He frowned at her and furrowed his brow. "Why are you out here?" There was ice in his voice again. His family wasn't a close one and there were rarely kind words exchanged. Social interactions were never his strong suit and he was having a terrible time letting down his defensive walls.

Kat cringed when he mentioned that he had gone to Durmstrang. I guess some wounds never will heal properly she thought sighing heavily and shaking her head. At times Kat had to remind herself that not everyone that had gone to Durmstrang was bad and that even bad people could become good. Merlin knew that Dominik was a prime example of that.

When Kiriyama's tone went cold again Kat quirked an eyebrow at him. "Not that I would have to explain anything to you, but this is where I come when I feel the world is going crazy," she said sharply before turning his own question back on him, "In doing my job I'm going to ask you the same thing. Why are you out here?"

Kiriyama noticed a reaction from Kat when he said he was from Durmstrang. This was something he was used to and didn't really aknowledge it. He smiled slightly at her answer and nodded his head. He understood the need to escape. When she asked what he was doing there, he paused for a long while. That's a good question. What am I doing out here?

Kiriyama shrugged. "Does it really matter? Aren't you going to turn me in no matter what I say?"

((I'm sorry, I have to turn in. Do you want to continue tomorrow? :doh: ))

((Yah tomorrow is fine :) ))

Kat looked at the older Slytherin skeptically. Chances were very good that she wasn't going to turn him in. "Depends on how well you can bullshit an answer. If it's decent enough then I probably won't turn you in. In fact, three years as a prefect and I've only ever turned one person in...and truth be told I had to serve detention as well with that one. Apparently being in the forbidden forest after dark is highly frowned upon around here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back