Back again

Thomas Smith

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Core - Tail of Charmed Newt
It was nearing exams and this Ravenclaw was studying as hard as usual. This semester had been hard for him, due to his, and Autumn's, less than perfect grades last year they had decided to spend more time studying and less time together. Yes, they still saw each other, they were in the same house and same classes but it wasn't the same. Now exams were looming they saw less and less of each other. Thomas decided he needed a break and took a few text books and left common room, it was becoming increasingly noisy and he wasn't doing any good staying there.

As Thomas began to wander around the castle he realised he didn't know where exactly he was going. After a few minutes of walking he found a quiet corner in a corridor. No one seemed to be around so he sat down on one of the window seats and took out his notes.

Joceline had just been in the Hogwart's Monthly club area, submitting her column to her second least favorite person, Isabella Chaos, who had agreed to not tell anyone that she was the gossip columnist, not even those that were in the club, which meant that she had to make up reasons why she would be in the club section when she was not on the Hogwart's Monthly team. Of course the Slytherin had told her best friend, Wendy that she was the Gossip columnist, but she trusted that her friend would not tell anyone else. She had even written things about herself in it so no one would assume that she was the writer.

As Joce left the club she walked through the Fifth Floor corridor with her heart in her throat. Why did the club have to be on the Fifth floor corridor? Why couldn't it be somewhere that didn't make her want to cry everytime she was there because she couldn't see her best friend any longer? Of course the Slytherin's face didn't show this, she looked more innocent then anything, with her bangs braided then the rest of her hair pulled into a pony tail*. She was wearing a bohemian style beige top with a pair of jeans and flip flops, with a sweater pulled over top and her studious looking glasses on as well.

Joceline was wearing very little makeup, in fact the only make up that was on was a thin amount of eye liner and mascara and lip gloss. She had her big blue eyes wide as per usual now, and a broken smile on her facials. She hoped that no one would think that this small change was for anyone in particular, because it most certainly wasn't, but she knew that she looked good at the same time, she seemed to be spending more time on the mirror because of how simple and easy everything had to look.

*see siggy for example

also sorry for the majorly lame post

As Thomas continued to pour over his notes he took out his wand, deciding to practice a few Transfiguration spells. Animare brings small inanimate objects to life he muttered to himself. Looking around from where he was sitting he tried to find an object that he could practice on. Against the opposite wall Thomas saw a lone chair. Pointing his wand at it he said, Animare. Just like Professor London's demonstration the chair turned into a monkey. Laughing at it's antics he watched as it ran around the corridor, jumping off the walls.

After a few minutes of watching the monkey jump about he decided to let it play about a bit more before turning it back. Thomas went back to looking over his notes, ignoring the footsteps he heard approaching.

(Sorry for uber lameness, I'm thinking have the monkey jump on Joce or something and Thomas hears her scream or something like that, or whatever you want)

Joceline, who had read far too many books for her own good, knew that monkey's were dangerous. A full grown male could break one's arm, so when she saw a monkey jump up onto her she let out a shrill shriek. What the hell was a monkey doing in Hogwarts? Was it an animagus? Weren't they supposed to be rare, they already had Bruin Dumbledez, Professor London and possibly the new Transfiguation Professor, Professor Firn one as well. Weren't animagi supposed to keep their abilities secret?

"Get off of me," Joce said struggling to get the monkey out of her arms. She pulled out her wand and yelled, "Stupefy!" With that the dumb creature was stunned, she placed it on the ground and muttered in French, "Disgusting creature."

Thomas looked up from his notes when he heard a girl scream he quickly put them down and looked up and down the corridor to see where it came from. Although it wasn't hard to tell when he saw a bright red flash come from the far end off the corridor.

"It's not a disgusting creature." Thomas said as he ran up to where the monkey was. "Finite" he said pointing his wand at the stunned monkey which quickly turned back into its original form of a chair. Setting the chair back against the wall he turned to face the victim, a small pang of anger hit Thomas as he saw the persons face. His promise to ignore that very person hadn't worked too well the last time they encountered each other.

"Did it hurt you?" He asked finally with a small sigh, he may still have an underlying hatred for this person, but truth was she was still his best friend and that was going to override all other emotions he felt for her at this very moment.

A small beacon of hope lit up Joceline's face as she heard an all too familiar voice. Her heart lept and she could not ignore the grin that was curling onto her lips as she made the assumption that Thomas had come up to the fifth floor corridor on purpose. She glanced down to the monkey and saw it change back to a chair. Oh how very muggle of you Joceline, a voice that sounded much like Gaspard's taunted her. She looked back at her best friend, wishing that he would take her back as a friend, that they could forget the months past. She would give anything to have him back, well not her friendship with Wendy because she was becoming closer and closer to the Gryffindor girl.

"Did it hurt you?" She shook her head vigorously, as her mouth fell slightly ajar. She still liked him, even with Ezekiel. Why did getting over Thomas have to be so difficult? Joceline firmly shut her lips together as her wide blue eyes met Thomas' to avoid saying something idiotic. She closed her eyes to clear her mind for a second, and as she did this she spoke, "What are you doing here?" She needed to know if her speculations were right or not, if they were then that was great, if not then.. well then she would leave Thomas be, but being away from him was tearing a whole in her heart, one she was certain not even Wendy could fill; he was her very best friend.

The Slytherin opened her eyes, and scanned the Ravenclaw's expression. She was so anxious that she was unable to read Thomas at all. She brought a blue pen to her lips and bit down on the cap as a nervous habit. Just answer me! she yelled in her mind, but didn't dare say it aloud, no matter how much the suspense was chopping her up, limb by limb.

Thomas watched Joce shaking her head vigorously, so clearly the transfigured monkey hadn't hurt her. Thomas nodded his head gently, "Good." He said with a bit of abruptness in his voice, he was unsure why it came out like that. Maybe his anger hadn't subsided enough to actually talk to Joce yet? Let alone for them to become friends again, especially as close as they had once been.

"What are you doing here?"

Thomas looked at Joce somewhat confused. What does it matter that he was here? He answer was simple, but there was something about the way she asked the question that made Thomas think that there was something about the place that should hold some sort of significance? Then it came to him, the fifth floor corridor, their spot, the place they first met and knew if they both needed to talk that's where they could find each other. A small "Oh." escaped him. Was Joce thinking he was there because he was thinking of her. "Joce I," he started off, "I'm not here for the reason you're probably thinking, it was just a random corridor, that was quiet enough for me to revise." he explained.

"Oh." The sound of Joceline's hope and joy being shattered was that. A one syllable sound had finished the job the suspense hadn't been able to. She heard Thomas' next words but didn't listen to them. Anger and hurt clouded her mind. How could he be so selfish? She had apologized, she had gone through more pain then he by being away from him. Why was he so angry? "My name is Joceline, only my friend's get to call me Joce," she snapped coldly, as her cheeks flushed a deep red with hatred. She was looking more and more like Aiden and Gaspard every second. Her big blue eyes weren't sad, they only showed ferocious anger that Thomas could never be able to match. It wasn't often that she was like this, well before Hogwarts at least, but when it did she was really, truly angry.

As Joce was about to pass by to continue back to the Dungeons when she looked back at Thomas and added, "They have the dueling chamber for that, you're not allowed to preform magic in the corridors." Her knees rattled against each other like a young doe, and her stomach began to ping with pining. She yearned for him, even just as a best friend to be back in her life. Perhaps with the launch of Hogwarts Monthly he would see that she was over him, even if it was a bit of a lie. Just walk away, he doesn't want you. No one does, she thought as she looked away from Thomas. With that final thought she picked up one foot and moved it foreward, she did that with the other. This was what it felt like to run threw sand, except, she really was not. It was pitiful.

Thomas listened to Joce, everything about her let him know she was angry, it was clear to see in her facial expressions, her tone of voice was another dead giveaway. He took a deep breath, he decided to let her have her rant, as soon as she was finished Thomas would have his say then. Once she was finished he turned to watch her walk away.

"So are you just going to walk away again, Joce?" He asked her, adding extra emphasis to her name, surely she could see he wanted them to be friends again. He was almost positive that she wanted the same thing, she wouldn't have been so upset at the Brightstone weekend right? Thomas thought to himself as he waited to see if Joce would walk away or answer.

"So are you just going to walk away again, Joce?" Joceline looked back at Thomas as he asked her this. "Are you going to make up your mind about your emotions?... You know how I feel, or you will know..." she said, her words, they trailed off so she was mouthing it more then anything. She wasn't going to watch Autumn and Thomas together, nor was she going to stay around while Thomas told her he didn't want her anymore, she had enough of that from her own family.

Joceline didn't regret what she had handed in to Isabella, in fact it would stir things up between Thomas and Autumn and she would enjoy it. Of course she had added things about herself that wasn't exactly positive nor was it negative, it was left for the reader's to interperit. In fact the only thing she felt a little bad about writing was about Andromeda, she didn't deserve people avoiding her or speculating mean things, but... she couldn't not put what people wanted to read just to spear the Gryffindor's feelings now could she?

Joceline's thoughts trailed off with a shake of her head. She blinked softly and kept her gaze on Thomas, waiting his response. She wasn't going to wrap her arms around him if he wanted to be her friend, no.. she didn't want to show too much emotion now. She was fine with being distant if it was the situation. The Slytherin had put too much feeling into something before only to get it ripped away, she would not be like that again.

"Me make up my emotions?" He asked shocked, but give a small laugh. "I told you from that day in the dungeons, I would always be there for you!" he stated firmly, he never wanted them to not be friends in the first place, even after the incident with the diary, if they were truly best friends, it shouldn't have mattered as much and they would have gotten over it all. "Your the one who wanted to have distance, I give you that. Forgive me if I got used to that distance the same time you decide to change your mind." He continued with some irritation in his voice now.

Calm yourself, he said to himself, Nothing is going to get sorted out if we are both angry he told himself. Taking a deep breath, he continued, "Yes I do know how you feel Joce, and you know I can't return those feelings, not now." He said, he voice much more calmer now, with some pain. He knew what it was like to love someone so much but not have the feelings returned, except the person had returned the feelings. "And what do you mean I will know?" He asked curiously.

"Are you mad at me or not?" Joceline asked, her vioce was tired and broken. She didn't want to yell at Thomas any more, she hated being like this. When he went on to say that he knew how she felt she sighed and muttered, "But you do not understand it." With a shake of her head she adjusted her pony tail so it was hanging over her shoulder softly.

"And what do you mean I will know?" The Slytherin said with an airy tone of voice. "I meant what I said. Figure it out Thomas," Joce said with a tone of voice that was much more aggititated and harsher then she had expected it to come out. She winced as she realized that she was becoming more and more like Gaspard and Aiden. She was becoming... a Slytherin. Next thing I know I'll be talking like that dreadful Isabella Chaos, she thought as she rubbed her her big blue eyes with frustration.

Thomas gave a frustrated sign, "No Joce, I am not mad at you, just confused." He said, keeping his voice calm, but it was hard with the headache which was he was beginning to get.

Thomas made his way closer to Joce, he grabbed her hand softly, "Look I know I will never completely understand how you are feeling, but please, can't we just forget about all of this, and go back to the way things were?" he asked, almost pleading. It felt wrong to be pleading with one of his best friends to actually be his best friend again, but he missed Joce and if is what it took, so be it.

Thomas heard Joce's reply to his question, he tone of voice sent a chill down his back and he dropped his hands to his side, what had she done? he wondered to himself, worried and anxious about what it would figure out. "OK." he said quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back