Closed Back Again

''Oh, you know, the usual,'' Milly said with a slight shrug, trying to sound as casual and cool about it as possible. Searching the underground tunnels of the ancient Aztec city proved a lot easier than some of her jobs in the past, though that didn't make it less booby-trapped. Still, she accomplished her mission to retrieve some very valuable items for the bank, and even nagged something from the tunnels herself in the process. ''It's too bad that you haven't had any curse-breaking training. I would have loved for us to go together sometime.''

Emily smiled softly. "I don't suppose there are classes for it," She teased Milly gently. "You wouldn't want me along anyway," Emily brushed her hair behind her shoulder. "Don't you know that business and pleasure never mix well?" She teased, smiling slyly at the other woman. "You'll just have to awe me with stories of all your grand adventures."

''Whether they mix well doesn't matter anyway when you're having fun,'' Milly countered. She knew that her friend wasn't wrong about it, and it was probably way too dangerous too. Still, it would be nice to see more of Emily rather than this every-once-in-a-while thing they had going on at the moment. ''But I'll gladly awe you with stories of my grand adventures.'' She smiled, biting her lip just a little. She liked the thought of telling Emily all about what she had been up to, it meant that they would be spending a lot more time together, which Milly would not mind at all. ''Anyway, I think that I should be on my way again. Wouldn't want to worry my Mom for being late when I said that I was only going to be away for a moment. Are we going to meet up sometime later or are you going to make me wait until Tuesday?'' Milly asked, wiggling her eyebrows playfully.

no

Emily smiled softly and shook her head. "I suppose I could tolerate some stories," She pretended to allow it. She sipped her drink, pretending again to consider her proposition. "You know where I'll be," She gave Milly a gentle smile. "You should get going. Wouldn't want to worry your mother, after all."

Milly grinned widely at Emily's answer because she knew that the other girl loved to hear her stories whenever they got to hang out together. Agreeing that she didn't want to worry her mother, she could get real grumpy when she worried, Milly leaned forward and kissed her friend on the cheek before standing up and walking off. Only when she walked away did she realise what she had done. Too embarrassed to turn around and wave Emily goodbye, she continued walking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back