Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You

Ostensia Metzger

Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Ostensia shifted onto her back and yawned softly. As much as she wanted to go back to sleep, she knew she needed to get up if she wanted her master plan to play out. By master plan, Osa meant what she wanted to do today. "I hope Damian likes animals!" Ostensia outstretched her arm to pull Damian close so she could cuddle him for a moment, but her hand was met with the feeling of cool sheets instead of warm flesh. Ostensia shot up and looked at the empty half of the bed. Damian was gone! Ostensia must have been really tired if she didn't even feel him get up and out of bed earlier! Ostensia glanced around the bedroom they shared quickly before she scurried out if bed and into the living room. "Damian?" Ostensia called, hoping to hear his voice soothe her worry. Where could he be? It wasn't like him to just disappear without telling her. Ostensia peeked into every room in the house before she settled down onto the couch with a huff. Well this was unexpected. Osa hoped he would be home and back into her arms soon. Ostensia wanted to go out on a date with Damian today. A date to the zoo, and then she would make dinner tonight when they got home. That was all she wanted for her birthday. To spend the day with Damian and cute little animals. Her favorite. Especially since next week would be when she started to looking for buildings to rent for her future flower shop, which has yet to have a decent name. Ostensia's blue eyes scanned the clock for a brief moment before she decided to get up and get ready. When Damian got home she would ask him about the zoo. Ostensia hopped off the couch and headed into her room to grab some clothes, then to the bathroom to have a quick shower.

After her shower, Ostensia got dressed and did her daily routine to get ready for the day. Not long after she had started, Ostensia was finished getting ready, and still there was no sign of Damian. It frustrated her. Waiting for him to arrive when they could be out spending the day together. "I feel like one of those overly obsessive girlfriends right now." Ostensia bit her bottom lip and glanced at the door again. Some people probably thought she was annoying when it came to Damian, but Ostensia didn't really have much else going for her. Her parents were gone and nowhere to be found. Ostensia didn't really have any friends. Plus her siblings were a little too busy to have much time for her either. Ostensia needed people in her life. She got lonely very easily when there was no one around. The door clicked open and excitement filled the blonde's chest! He was home! The biggest grin plastered itself onto her face as Ostensia got up form the couch. "Hey there handsome!" Ostensia's smile grew even more if possible when she saw Damian. He looked a little down for some reason, but Ostensia figured he was just tired. He must have gotten up early to avoid waking her up when he left. Ostensia stepped forward and enveloped Damian into a tight hug. "Sorry, I didn't mean to hound all over you. I just...I came up with the best idea for a date today! If you're willing to go out. If not, we can always stay here and do whatever." Ostensia really wanted to get out of the house, but it really isn't up to her what went on. She would be willing to do whatever he wanted to. The zoo just sounded fun to her. Maybe going to the zoo was too girly for Damian? Ostensia was going to ask anyways though. It couldn't hurt, right?

Damian Metzger was finishing his little trip to his brother's house, and dropped Krystin off there. She would continue to be home schooled by someone Dietrich would know, while he was away. Damian was tired of being in New Zealand, and while Ostensia was looking into opening a shop, there would be no way he could travel all over like he wanted to before settling down. At this point in their relationship, one would be looking for a ring, a marriage and then babies. All that scared him. He just could not do it. Damian would have to break it off with Ostensia, tell her to move out and then he would be gone. He loved Ostensia, but he just wanted to be left alone for a while. He wanted to get out of here. He had wanted to for a year now and it was about time. He was extremely unhappy, and he gave the whole, Ostensia moving in with him a shot but it was not soothing the hole that there was in his life. He needed to seek it out. Damian thought that he should travel and perhaps play the guitar for people. He already had a guitar now, bought over at the mall here (and didn't know he met his brother then too). Damian had the guitar in the case and on his back. He just hoped that the person he found to play or sing would be willing to escape was as desperate as he was. Could one blame him? Damian was not that interested in music, but now, it seemed like it was a good way to escape his troubles. Plus he seemed to be good at it. And now it was time to go home, and face the one that he still loved and told her to get a move on, and that he was leaving. Both New Zealand and her. Things just could not work out.

He would have gone for the long distance thing, but he tried that with her in school, and he was just miserable as can be. He could not take it another year. Or two or five. It would not be fair for either of them. At least with both being single, everything would be better that way. There was no way they would survive. She was going to open up that shop, and he needed to remember that it was her dream to have a shop. Damian did not want her to give up that for him. It would have been selfish. Damian walked up to the front door of his house, and he opened the door. Stepping in and setting the case with the precious guitar to the side, he immediately heard Ostensia's voice. It almost made him cringe. He already filled up with guilt, but he had to do it. Her voice used to fill him up with warmth and happiness, but now it seemed to just make him sad, pathetic and guilty. She was the light of his life, he couldn't remember a time without her. And now he was going to destroy her with what he wanted to do. But he couldn't just sit around here and be miserable, could he? She hugged him tight, and he actually did not return the hug. She continued to speak, each note of that voice pounding into him. She wanted to go out. And she wanted to spend time with him. Damian quickly combed his hair with his fingers to get it out of his face before he managed to say in a tired voice, "Osa, we need to talk." He looked grim, almost like all of the color drained from his face. He thought it was the right thing to do. She wanted the shop here, and he felt the need to travel. Damian couldn't put his needs in front of hers. And he couldn't sit here for another day. 'If it is the right thing, then why do I feel so guilty?' thought Damian.

Ostensia immediately got the vibe that something was wrong when Damian didn’t return her hug. Usually, Damian was a really big hugger. When Ostensia released him from the hug and finished talking, she frowned. Something was definitely up. Her blue eyes glanced to the side and rested on the guitar case that he had set down. "You bought a guitar?" Ostensia didn’t know he was into music. Perhaps he wanted to start learning and that was why he had bought a guitar. Maybe when he got good enough he could play her a couple of songs or something, or she could try playing something for him. But Ostensia wasn’t very good at it. When she was a lot younger she had tried taking lessons for a couple of months. Turns out, acoustic guitar wasn’t one of her strong talents. Ostensia refocused her attention back onto her boyfriend. Damian didn’t look very well at all. He looked like he was going to be sick or something. "Damian, are you okay? You look sick." Ostensia leaned up to feel his forehead. Oddly enough, he wasn’t warm at all. Ostensia then heard tell her in a tired voice that they needed to talk. Ostensia froze and stared up at him. Ostensia was generally naïve, but even she knew that the whole we need to talk statement was code for something was up.

"O-oh. Sure." Ostensia fought to keep her voice from cracking. What if something happened to Dietrich? Or that he had bad news about Ostensia’s plan to open her own flower shop? There was close a hundred and one things running through her mind right now, but him leaving her was about one of the last. Lightly, Ostensia took Damian’s hand and led him over to the couch where she made him sit down. "So….What do you want to talk about?" Ostensia wanted him to just come out and say it. That way if it wasn’t something too bad, she would get the feeling of dread off her shoulders more quickly. The heavy feeling inside Ostensia’s stomach just kept building and building. The blonde always wound up feeling like this whenever she was dreading something. Like every time she went to get a check up at the doctors. She was always worried that they were going to give her a shot. That’s what she was feeling like now, like she was about to get a really painful shot. Whatever it was Damian had to say, Ostensia was sure they would work together to make the best of it. No matter what he wanted, Ostensia would find a way to work with him and make him happy. That’s what people in love did. They found a way to work things out with one another.

He gave a brief nod when she asked that he bought a guitar. Damian had, and it was about time he got on the road and started to use it. The only thing he could say on it was, "Yeah, I did." Even then the voice was a little too soft, almost like he felt guilty over doing that, but he did not. Damian knew that he was going to have to break the news to her, one way or another. And in the less harshest tones possible. He looked down at the guitar but he did not move an inch from his spot, like he was melded there or something. Perhaps he was. He looked down at his face, and then almost flinched back in shock when she felt his forehead after she asked if he was okay. She was so caring, so nurturing, how could he do this to her? She meant so much to him, still did, but he wondered if he was being selfish in all of this. He shook his head and he uttered, "I'm fine..." It was a lie. He was far from fine, but he did not have an illness or anything like that. Just something that seemed to be more or less self brought by some selfish act. However he strongly felt that it should be done, despite Dietrich's pleas the other day.

Once she led him over to the couch, he only sat on the edge of it, and did not lean back. There was just something that he didn't want to have to do, but it was needed. He let out a shaky breath before he clasped his hands together and he looked over at her. "Ostensia, I'm leaving." It didn't sound that bad, but before she would ask anything further, he continued, "I am going to travel. You need to stay here and open up that flower shop you want so much. I don't know when I will come back. So, I believe it is fair to you that instead of coming with me and putting off your dreams or waiting possibly years on me, we need to break up." It was fast, but not too fast where she wouldn't understand him. It looked like his mind was well made up, and there was no convincing him to change his mind otherwise. "I'm selling the house too." Like the break up wasn't enough, he had to top it off with the fact that she would have to be out of this house. Damian broke eye contact immediately, before he brought his hand to his hair and made sure that it was neatened, before he wiped his face a bit, because he was getting a bit upset over what he had just said. Hell, he managed to possible break two hearts in half.

Ostensia's smile ceased when she heard Damian say that he was leaving. What was he talking about? Was he gong somewhere for the day instead? If so, that was fine. They could always hang out later if he that was what he wanted. "Leaving for wh-" Ostensia was cut off as Damian continued. Damian went on to tell her how he was going to travel and how she needed to stay here and open up that flower shop she had been dreaming of opening. Right then and there, Ostensia wanted to tell him to just stop. Opening a flower shop was a big deal to her, but Damian meant so much more to her. If being with him and making him happy meant she would need to push her dreams back a little bit, it could be done in a heartbeat. So why was he acting like he was going to get in the way of what she wanted to do with her life. The more Damian went on, the more Ostensia wanted to throw up. He was sounding so strange. So un-like the Damian she knew and loved. Then he said it. He wanted to break up with her. Ostensia's stomach dropped as if there was nothing inside but heavy rocks. Her mouth parted, as she tried to get the words out. But there nothing. No thoughts, no words, nothing. Ostensia was so stunned to hear him say that. One would think she just witnessed a murder or something. Had she done something wrong? Tears started to well up in her eyes. He couldn't just break up with her! Didn't he realize that she was in love with him? Ostensia couldn't remember a time where she didn't have Damian by her side. Was he ready to just give that all up without even trying to work things out with her? Did he even care anymore?

"Damian..." Ostensia's voice was weak. The tears that were built up in her eyes started to drip down her pale cheeks, one by one. He also dropped another heavy load on her shoulders when he mentioned that he was selling the house too. He wanted her to move out? Did he care that she had no where to go? "You want me to move out? I...I have nowhere to go." Ostensia sounded like an idiot. She was trying so hard to be understood over the tears and sniffles, but it was harder than the movies made it look. "Damian...please..." Ostensia's hand reached out for his own, but she was surprised to feel him yank his own hand away from hers. Ostensia's lips quivered as she a small heaving sob took over her. Why was he doing this to her? "Can't you see that I'm in love with you?" But Damian refused to look at her. Ostensia looked down at the floor. Why was this happening to her? If this was some sort of payback for something she had done, Ostensia truly saw the error of her ways. Whatever she had to do to redeem herself, she would do. If only Damian would stop behaving like this. Ostensia wiped at her face to try and rid it of some tears, but it appeared to be futile. Instead it only succeeded in making her sob harder than before.

The fact that it was tearing him up inside made it just worse. She was destroyed, and so was he now. He muttered, "You...have Isabella." It was just so soft spoken, almost like a whisper. He knew that if she touched him, or if he looked at her, he would beg for forgiveness, somehow work things out and then they could go on. But then he would be holding her back from her dreams, and that did not sit well with him. He wanted to go. She needed to stay. She was crying too, and he could not look at that either. He heard that she was, and he couldn't say that he was still in love with her too. He couldn't do it. If he did, then he would have to save the relationship. Instead, he bit his lip, and he stood up. He sighed and he finally spared one look at her, and couldn't believe that he was doing this to her. Damian looked toward the door, and he murmured, not sure if she would hear over the sounds of her sobbing, "I'm sorry." He picked up his guitar and he went out the door. He closed it behind him before he leaned against it, outside and looking up. He reached up to wipe his own eyes, having some moisture somehow appear from the event. Damian wiped them away before he apparated off, just before he ran back inside to change his mind.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back