Awkward Reunion....

Lilly Lock

OOC First Name
Chalky
It was particularly hot for this time of year, Lilly breathed heavily as she walked up the steep hill from her house towards the shop. There were so many memories associated with this area coming back to her as she went - her first kiss being the one that lingered in her head the longest, with Caleb Mintkin a week before she left for Hogwarts NZ. She missed Hogwarts, she hated it so much when she was there, and now she hated how she missed it so much.

Perching on a wall around the side of the shop building she gazed down the street, her house only a tiny grubby box in the distance. This place was so dull, nothing ever happened here any more, she'd completely lost interest in it. Going to Durmstrang was all very well, and being able to come home more often was great, but it didn't have the excitement of Hogwarts, not really. And although the magic was still there, it was different, more like just learning like at muggle school rather than the danger she had tasted before.

She pulled her hair together at the back of her head, twisting it around and pulling a band around it into a scruffy bun that was already trying to fall out. Standing up she turned around to go into the shop when she found herself faced with a boy, someone who she hadn't seen in a long time. Her heart was in her throat and she felt rigid, she loved this boy, but was terrified of him. "Lewis?" her voice quivered, just like the rest of her body.

Lewis was in a foul mood, this was a horrible day with too much heat, he was uncomfortable wanted to be swimming in the river again. At least it was cool there. His mother had sent him out to buy butter and painkillers of some sort, she would usually ask her husband to use magic to get rid of any pain she had - she being a muggle - but when he wasn't around she had to make do with a pill or two to ease it.

Lewis hated having to do errands for people, especially his mother, she was the most lazy and patronising person in the world (to him) and he really did hate her some days - most days! He shoved the change in his pocket, planning on telling his mother she hadn't given him enough and he had to use his own, to make her feel guilty and pay him back double. It always worked, she was a stupid woman. As he turned right to head down the road towards his house he almost walked into a small girl, he didn't recognise her and assumed she was a no-body, until she said his name. He was suddenly brought very much back into reality when he realised it was Lilly. Very nearly letting out a shocked sound he controlled himself and tried to look vaguely happy to see her. "Oh, hey. Not seen you in a while, how've you been?"

Lilly frowned, he seemed different to when she'd seen him last, even deeper inside his own head, maybe it was just the mood he was in. "No it's been too long hasn't it, I've been OK, just going to get ice cream, its too hot. H... how about you?" She tapered off at the end, not knowing which of his moods he'd be in.

She couldn't remember what made her fall so hopeless for this boy. Was he sweet? No. Was he kind? No. Was he good looking? Well, sort of but that wasn't it really. She really was just hopeless for him, there was no reason she could explain for her love for him, but it was unstoppable, and uncontrollable.

She bit her lip apprehensively, now completely absorbed in lewis, almost forgetting about the whole ice cream idea.

Already in an irritable mood as it was, seeing Lilly was just the cherry on top of the pudding "Shut up, it's none of your god damn business you stupid little girl!" He even shocked himself a little bit, maybe that was a bit over the top, along with the pauses showing that he actually did think about what he was saying, and his intense stare that he knew Lilly hated. Calming himself down a little, he took hold of both her shoulders, with the shopping bag dangling from his wrist, "Look," He paused, looking at his feet, then back to her face, "I don't want to see you, or anybody! I'm moving schools, away from Hogwarts just like you did. I need to get away from everything I know, but the thing is I can't. My stupid mother has put me in Durmstrang, with Talloola, and Caleb, and you!" Pausing again to watch her facial expression, "I need out!"
Lewis always told everything to Lilly, she was like his way of getting rid of fear, or sadness, or anger! And he didn't care whether it hurt her to hear these things or not, it made him feel better and that's all that counted!

Lilly knew she could get information out of Lewis, no matter how bad a mood he was in, but this shocked her. This.... outburst that she had never seen happen so spontaneously before. her face dropped and she quivered a little, knowing that if he was talking like this, his was probably going to do something stupid! Or hurt her again. She still wore that scars he'd given her from his tempers, and always forgiven him for them. She was not like this with anyone else, she would not listen to them, but Lewis was the one, she believed he was the only one worth her time, and she was hopeless for him!
She waited for him to stop talking a while before pushing his hands off of her shoulders and hugging him tightly to her. There was quite a height difference, her being 5 foot 3 and him being over 6 foot and it made her feel safe like that.
"Its alright. I know, I understand." She said, trying to console him, knowing it probably wouldn't work! Then, grabbing his hand she dragged him around the back of the shop, down the path to the woods where the river was.

When grabbed by Lilly, Lewis put one half hearted arm around her, clenching his fists and trying to bite his tough to stop himself from saying anything else. He followed reluctantly down to the river, although he didn't appreciate the whole grabbing and pulling part.
Once down at the river, he lent back against a fir tree with his arms tightly folded across his chest, "So, you gunna give me some huge speech about how life's not so bad? Why is it only me you ever inflict this on?! Your a perfectly cool person when its not just you and me!" Grabbing hold of her should again, so that she was stood directly on the edge of the river with her heels millimetres away from the edge. "Don't tempt me Lilly, cus you know I could and would do it!" He almost whispered, staring straight into her eyes.

Lilly trembled and gripped Lewis's arms so tightly her fingers turned white. She was always the one who was feared by people, she was the one who they avoided for 'just in cases'. But Lewis was the only one who could make her like this. He was the only one who could make her scared at all, let alone shake with fear of him. Mainly because she knew he wouldn't push her into the river, that would be too easy, Lewis had something different in mind that was much more disturbing. "Lewis please. What do you want of me?! What am I supposed to do?! I'm trying to help, I love you Lewis! Why can't you see that?!" She struggled to speak as tears ran down her face. She hadn't seen him in so long and he was worse than before. She hated him so much, and loved him so much, and it twisted inside of her!
Taking a chance, she lifted one hand at a time off of his arms, to his face and pushed her hardest away from the river bank, pressing her lips against his and slipping her arms around his neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back