Awkward Letters

Noah Warland

OOC First Name
Cole
Noah had never written a letter - not even to his parents, let alone to a girl. How was he supposed to start it? He'd already crumpled up and thrown away five sheets of paper. Finally he decided regardless of spelling errors or awkward sentences he was going to write this letter on the sixth try.

</FONT>
Letter said:
Dear Estelle,

I was sad to see you move schools. I hope people respect you more there. yYou deserve that because you seem really nice. And you have pretty you're a pretty and you're really smart. At least I think you are. I think my parents want us to meet over break. I want us to if you want to hang out. I don't know what you like to do but we can explore a little in the woods by my house? Or if you like quidditch I'm sure we have a spare broom. I don't know. What do you like?

-Noah
<FONT font="monaco">

This letter was terrible and he knew it, but Noah sent it regardless and hoped for the best from his future spouse.
[/color]

Noah,

Of course people respect me more here. I'm a Zhefarovich descendant. That means something around these parts. But calling me nice? I would not consider myself nice at all. People get on my nerves. But hanging out would be nice. I would not mind exploring the woods. As long as it is dark and we have something to protect ourselves. Last thing I want is to see a werewolf. My grandfather hates them with a passion. Worse than mudbloods and muggles. But I am not a fan of Quidditch. I prefer having tea, and reading. I also like dancing.

~ Estelle Styx

She responded. Noah was so surprised by the response he had forgotten how to read the english language - and briefly just stared at the paper, admiring the curve of her handwriting - which was much neater than her own. When he finally realized that they were actually going to be able to talk over letters, and she wouldn't just ignore him, the boy became elated, and sat down with parchment and a quill to write again.

</FONT>
Letter said:
Dear Estelle,

I hope I don't annoy you Don't answer that. I'm glad your name carries weight so I don't have to go to your school and hex someone. After all I think I'm supposed to do stuff like that right? I want to anyways. You're kinda my fiance my friend now so I should do those things. The woulds can be explored at night. I don't like near any muggles so we can take our wands as lights. I don't think their are any werewolves nearby. My dad wouldn't allow that. He'd put out traps. But I know there had to be like a krup or something. i heard it. Anyways. Thanks for writing back and not just ignoring me. What's your favorite subject there? Any cool teachers? Sorry I'm done now.

-Noah
<FONT font="monaco">
[/color]

Estelle was a little unsure on how to react to her future husband's writing. It seemed like he was trying really hard, so she had to give him some credit. Her father told her that this was a good arrangement. A part of her wanted this arrangement to be with Rory, but that was not happening. Maybe her feelings for him were one sided anyway. Oh well. Sitting down with her parchment and ink, she decided to write back, after a week had passed.
Noah,

Don't answer what, I don't see anything but scribbles. But you, coming to my school if someone dishonors me just to hex them? Is that not extreme? Noah, we are in an arrangement. You don't exactly have to try. You are mine whether or not you like it, and I am yours, whether or not I like it. That's how bashta told me. You can live a normal life until I am of age. Date and whatnot. We aren't adults so, we don't have to do those things that I often see in books. Other than that, my favorite subject is Dark Arts. I miss Professor Styx teaching the opposite, but you can gain the same knowledge either way.

~ Estelle Styx
P.S. It would be rude to ignore you. I am definitely not that kind of person.

A week passed by with no answer from Estelle - and Noah checked every day to see what she would say. The day the letter came he read it a few times, a bit hurt by the way she put their arrangement. He knew he wasn't madly in love with her, but he wanted them to get along and like each other - his mom told him maybe they'd fall in love maybe not, but the least he could do was be a good friend to her.

</FONT>
Letter said:
Dear Estelle,

I mean... I don't know like I want to be a good friend to you no matter what. i knw we have like years before we even have to decide if we're going to hold hands or something, but Regardless I'd like to be friends. I mean getting married is like having a sleep over with your best friend. That's what i was told. So yeah I wanna protect my friends. And that's you. I hope. Are you good at Dark arts then? And Defense against them?

-Noah
<FONT font="monaco">
[/color]

Noah,

Just know that I might be small and look fragile, I am definitely not. I can handle my own. Not saying that you said it, just letting you know. You may want to protect me, but I definitely won't need protection. I should ask bashta what marriage means. I believe the soul purpose of these would be repay a debt with pure-blood descendants. Really strange if you ask me. Naturally, I am very good at the Dark Arts. Since I am a mere first year, everything in here is so mild.

~ Estelle Styx

LETTER said:
Dear Estelle,

I think you could beat me in a fight. But I still feel the same. Do you think my family will all marry yours? Will my younger sisters marry to your siblings as well? I don't know what the actual reasons for the marriage are or what my dad did. But I don't know. You seem so smart and interesting. I'm kind of glad he did it. That sounds stupid. What's your favorite color Estelle? Mine's blue.

-Noah

Noah,

I don't think they all have to. But it isn't like I have a list of the current people who are in arranged marriages. The people that would have that list would be my grandfather. I can be wrong though, so I wouldn't get their hopes up. Well, it does take the fear out of growing up and being alone. But there's not a lot of freedom. I am a Styx so I'm kind of used to it. Some see it as a curse, others see it as an honor. If you can't tell from my letters, then you might need to get your vision checked. I love purple.

~ Estelle Styx

LETTER said:
Estelle,

Just because you wrote in purple doesn't mean t's your favorite color. What if someone bought you the ink and you didn't want to waste your good ink on our letters? That was a joke. As far as being alone yeah I suppose, but being alone doesn't mean you're lonely. After all, I'm not lonely and you're in another school!

-Noah
[/color]
<i></i>

Noah,

That is true. But regardless, I do love it. But if anyone bought me anything, I would have to be forced to dump it on their lap or face. I am not too poor to afford my own ink. Just an insight on who I am. Do you have other friends in the school? I had two. Rory and Zared. But the latter, I'm not too sure of.

~ Estelle Styx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back