Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
homosexual
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Mordred found himself sitting in the Student Lounge looking over some textbooks he had bought before coming to school. He wanted to be prepared to go to his classes. He did not want to look like a loser, which he'd never admit out loud. He opened another book and sprawled all his open books onto the table.

Tyler had looked at the boys he shared a dorm with and had quickly chosen Blake Irons to be his best friend. He still had to make sure the other boy agreed. But that didn't mean he couldn't make any other friends, and it would definitely be good to befriend the other boys in the dorm. So when he saw Mordred sitting on his own in the student lounge, he approached and gestured to an empty chair. "Smart that you're preparing. Can I join you?" He asked pleasantly.

Mordred looked up as someone asked if they could join. He wanted to say no because he did not want to move his stuff, but he decided otherwise because, why not? Maybe this person could help him understand some of this stuff. "Yeah, there is not much space though. We can share books, if you want?" he asked nervously.

Tyler pretended not to notice the moment of indecision as the boy contemplated his question, and nodded as he suggested sharing books. "Sure thing." He said, taking a seat and smiling at the other boy. "How are you finding Hogwarts so far, Mordred? Used to it yet?" He wasn't sure if the other boy knew Tyler's name, but he had made sure he knew everyone in his dormitory. If Mordred hadn't, that was on him.

Mordred was very surprised that the other kid knew his name. He felt like he should know the kid's name, but he didn't because he didn't care if he was being honest, and he wasn't going to ask for it. "I mean, it's okay. I just want my sister to be okay, ya know?" he asked and returned to the History of Magic textbook. "Do you think we will learn more about Harry Potter in History of Magic? There is not much about him here." he said as he flipped through the book

Tyler glanced at the many books on the table, wondering why Mordred had chosen to grab all of them at once. After all, he could only read one at a time. He was curious when the boy talked about his sister. "Why wouldn't she be okay?" He asked, his voice casual but a little curious. He nodded at the boy's next question. "Definitely, there's no way they're skipping him." He said with confidence. "People love to talk about how much of a hero he is." He wouldn't mind if it was covered in History of Magic, as it was definitely more interesting than goblin wars or other historical events. "Or maybe they'll avoid the subject, I heard he has family here and it might be weird or something."

Mordred shrugged because he did not know the answer to the boy's question. He was just worried about his sister, like a good brother would. He proceeded to change the subject by continuing to talk about Harry Potter, someone he strived to be like. "I want to be live Harry Potter one day, bathe in glory." he said. Mordred wanted all the glory in the world. It was going to be his one day. He was sure of it. "He has family here? Do you know them?" he asked in a whisper as he leaned over the desk, looking at his peer intensely.

Tyler was a little annoyed the boy ignored his question. He didn't like to be ignored. "Is your sister still at home? Is that why you're worried?" He asked, making sure his voice stayed friendly. He kept his face neutral as the boy talked about being the next Harry Potter, though he really wanted to snort at his naive illusions. "Oh, really? Do you want to be an author or something?" He asked, a little curious what he meant. He shrugged at the boy's question. "I heard his grandchildren attend this school. Or attended. I'm not sure if they have all graduated yet." Tyler didn't care that much about people who were only well known for being related to someone.

Mordred was getting annoyed that the boy was pressing him to answer. "No, she is a Slytherin." he told him quickly. He was ready to get this conversation over with. Mordred shrugged again. He did not know what he wanted exactly, but he knew the outcome he wanted. "I mean, I want a lot of things. I want people to know my name. I want to be written about in books. Famous. Glorious." he said with his voice and expression kind of drifting off into the distance. "We should talk to the Gryffindor Head of House. I hear that she is close to the Potter's as well." she told him.

Tyler nodded when Mordred said his sister was a Slytherin, deciding not to ask more. He couldn't help a small laugh from escaping as the other boy told him he wanted to be famous and written about. "You'll have to figure out something to be famous for first." He said, both skeptical and amused. He shook his head at the boy's suggestion. "You can go do that. I'm not that interested in some famous guy's grand kids." He said dismissively.

Mordred nodded in agreement with the boy. "I am eleven, dude. I don't even know what I want to do in the next three hours." he said. He abruptly closed his books and moved his chair so that he was closer to his peer. "Please? I can't go by myself." he begged softly.

Tyler shrugged, a smile still on his face. "Right, but you already know you want to be famous. With such ambitions, you need to work on a plan." Unrealistic ideas were laughable to Tyler, but he wasn't going to tell him that. He raised his eyebrows slightly when Mordred turned to him pleadingly. "Don't you think she has people asking her about them all the time? I doubt she'll like it." He said, not committing to anything.

Mordred rolled his eyes at his peer. He was really being annoying about his not having a plan for his future. He guess he agreed with him, but Mordred was not the type do the type of thinking his peer was suggesting. Mordred shook his head fiercely. "I don't think so, and the grandchildren are probably in Gryffindor, so the people in that house wouldn't really be curious..." he said. His argument was weak, but it had some merit.

Tyler saw Mordred roll his eyes, but didn't pay it any mind. He was just being silly, in Tyler's opinion. It was better to have realistic ambitions, like being popular at school. "Look, if you want to know so bad you can go ask, but I'm not going to." He told the boy firmly. "I'm not interested enough to risk her getting annoyed with me only a few days in." He knew better than to let teachers form a bad opinion of him in the early days.

Mordred sighed at how adamant his peer was about not going. He moved back to the other side of the table and opened the book he had closed.

This time Tyler rolled his eyes, as the boy apparently decided he wasn't worth his time anymore. Well, Tyler had decided the same thing. "Well, good luck with it." He told him dismissively as he got up and left the table behind. Mordred definitely wasn't going to be worth worrying about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back