Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 13" Unyielding Ebony Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Terror Zhefarovich was on one of the couches in the student lounge. It was right after lunch and between courses, so Terror was in the lounge almost alone. He held a jar in his hand, and tossed it up and down as he debated on practicing his next spell. He knew that his skills would be up to par considering how his parents were pretty talented. Well, his father was before his wand was snapped in half. Terror was not sure how his father managed to get expelled. Well, he knew how, but why be so sloppy with it? It was a little odd, but the guy was only 13. Terror didn’t have such plans like that. He just wanted to stay in school longer than Chaos.

The Slytherin set the jar on his lap, and decided on the spell. He opened the jar, and attempted the Bluebell flames. It took him a couple of tries before he finally managed the spell. Small blue flames danced in the jar, which he put the lid on, and peered at the flames with his red eyes. It was true. They were warm, but not burning hot. Fascinating how this was. At least he managed this spell, even if the flames were a little on the small side.

The second semester was now in full swing and Fin had to admit it was a little weird to see so many people around. He'd forgotten how busy Hogwarts could be when all the students were actually at school and not home for the holidays. But, with so many people around, Fin had decided that he wanted to get away from it all for a bit, deciding to head to the student lounge in the hopes that there might be fewer people to bother him. Not that he was doing anything important, but he'd rather not be surrounded by people shouting and talking loudly all of the time.

Thankfully, the student lounge was a lot quieter and Fin sighed as he stepped inside, looking around for somewhere to sit. That's when he saw a boy he somewhat recognized from lessons playing around with a jar of small flames. "What spell is that?" He did have to wonder, the words leaving his mouth before he had even registered he wanted to ask anything.

Terror could probably count how many he had associated with on one hand, and there was a reason why. He preferred his solitude, though going behind his cousin's enemies to pick them apart was something new. So, his red eyes glanced up to see a Hufflepuff student asking him what spell he managed to conjure. Terror knew that he was using one of the more advanced spells, so not everyone would know it. "Bluebell Flames. It is like incendio, but these flames are purely magic, and aren't exactly as hot. We don't learn incendio until we are in our third year." Terror held the jar out to the Hufflepuff for him to touch the glass for himself. It was warm, but hardly scorching.

The Slytherin looked the boy up and down, trying to place a name, but let's be honest, Terror never bothered with that because he just could not bring it up for him to care. "I don't know your name so I don't know how to formally address you, Hufflepuff." It was clear that he was a Slytherin, based on the tie that wasn't even tied just slung around his neck.

Fin did have to wonder what the point of making small little flames even was. He supposed it could be used as a makeshift lamp, but it wasn't a very strong lamp. Then again, the spell had been done by someone young, maybe it was brighter and the flames were bigger coming from an adult. "Magic flames," he repeated, absently kicking a foot against the floor, "Right." He had been hoping for something a little more exciting than that, but he supposed he should have never bothered to get his hopes up in the first place.

He did pause for a moment as he was simply addressed as 'Hufflepuff', glancing down at the bright canary yellow on his robes for a second before looking back at the other boy. He wasn't sure he enjoyed being referred to by his house, even if the Slytherin boy didn't know his name. "It's Finley... I guess," he simply offered, shoving his hands into his pockets as he did so.

Terror wondered if the boy was hard of hearing, or if he was just amazed at the idea of magical flames. He nodded to let him know that he was right. "Yes. Useful in a way, but not as useful as real fire," Terror set the jar to the side since he knew that the boy had seen enough of it. He seemed rather apathetic, which reminded him a bit of some of his family. Sort of eerie but interesting. He narrowed his red eyes as he observed the boy's interactions. He had met another one recently, and mindlessly thought that majority were weak like Gregory Friend. But then again, his father was a Hufflepuff and he was definitely not weak. Just impulsive. "You guess? Do you second guess what your name is?" Terror smirked as he added, "My name is Terror Zhefarovich, and yes, that is really my name."

"I guess," he offered hollowly, not really putting much thought into the whole thing. Both these bluebell flames and real fire could have their uses in the right situation. But it was not like he actually cared very much to want to put much effort into thinking about it. Finley simply pressed his lips together slightly at the boy's next words, shrugging a shoulder. "Some people call me Fin." Not that he had ever really liked nicknames, but he hadn't put any effort into stopping people from calling him that, either. It also didn't help that he offered that name as an alternative in the first place. And then the boy offered his own name and Finley hesitated, blinking slowly as his brain processed it. "Terror.... do your parents just hate you or something?"

Terror still found him to be a little odd. His red eyes furrowed slightly. So, some call him Fin, and then there was the other name, Finley. "So, some call you Finley, some call you Fin, anyone call you Lee then?" Terror asked with a subtle smirk on his face. After all, both were syllables of his name. Terror didn't really know which version he would prefer. Finley really did not seem like a Hufflepuff though. He seemed really apathetic. That is what he was confused over. That seemed more like a Slytherin trait than anything else. "Or perhaps I'll just refer to you as your full name anyway. Finley." Terror was not a fan of nicknames himself, as the full name seemed to be more appropriate. He waited, almost counted seconds until Finley asked if his parents hated him. "My dad's name is Chaos. He went a little overboard with naming, but then again, he also tried to set someone on fire in his third year."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back