Away for the Day

William couldn't help but feel relieved that she said she had a child. Which was surprising considering most would take it in a bad way. But he had been excepting another guy in her life not a little child plus it was a girl. He smiled lightly at her so that she knew he wasn't bothered and about to high-tale it out of there. She went on to explain the girl was in fact her Aunt's which he was also glad about since she seemed to young herself to have given birth to a five year old. "I'm terribly sorry Skyle about your Aunt. Losing family is always hard, but on the upside you got a beautiful girl out of it," he said to her pretty sure the young girl was in deed a very cute little thing. He followed her to the log and sat down with her as the information really sunk in his head. "I'd love the chance to meet her," he said lightly to the woman. Will knew he wouldn't try to kiss her again until they were on a proper date. It had been wrong, he had been wrong. Yet it had felt right. Will always wanted to be a father, and he took the news as though there wasn't already a man in her life. He knew he needed a job above all else. As old fashioned as he was, he knew it was his job to be the breadwinner of the family. Of course any woman he dated and married would have the freedom to get a job, but he wanted to have a job that was good enough that she didn't need to if she didn't really want. But the young man knew that any thoughts of marriage would be long down the road from now. He was sure that if he really did fall for this woman that his mother wouldn't be pleased but would beg for him to bring the woman and child back to England and create a family just down the road. That was his mother, complicated but still a loving woman. She'd except any person William choose for himself. His father, well he wasn't actually sure how he'd handle Skyle. She was nice and beautiful but also different then any girl he had seen before. Which might have been the reason he had been thinking about her non-stop since he spotted her alone on the bench.

Skyle was very relieved when Will didn't freak out on her. Most people that saw her with Kairi always asked if she was her sister or if she was babysitting. But as soon as she said she was her daughter no one waited for her to explain the normally looked shocked and in one case had even been yelled at be a woman saying she was much to young. 'If only they knew the half of it.' Skyle normally thought. Skyle smiled and nodded at William, Skyle had always loved Kairi she was the sweetest child Sky could have ever asked for. Will went on to say that he would like the chance to met her, "I'm sure she'd love that." Skyle knew how shy Kairi could be at times but she had a feeling Will would bring out the best in her. It wasn't often that men were over to the house and when they were it was normally Adam or even rarer Alfie.

Stretching her legs out in front of her Skyle was glad for the chance to rest on the log. "I've lost quite a lot of family really." Skyle figured she had already started with the life story so why not finish it. "My mom was murdered. That was probably the worst because I was there.." Looking at Will she gave him a half smile, "It doesn't get much better though." Thinking back Skyle wasn't horribly sad, Damien had helped her greatly with how to deal with loss. "Next was my dad. He had been bad after my mum died, blaming me because I he thought I could have stayed her. He killed himself after being institutionalized." Skyle folded her hands and continued, "My cousin Angela had been orphaned around the same time as me and her parent's were my god parent's so I went with her to live with her Aunt Sarah, Kairi's mom. We lived with her here in New Zealand for a long time. Sarah fell in love with Kairi's father Kari and shortly after they were set to be wed and the baby was on the way. Like I said before Sarah died in childbirth and unfortunately Kari was taken by his Crones disease the very same night." Skyle remembered that night all two well, the both of them going together had been very hard on the girls.

Skyle hoped this wouldn't be too much for Will. Most people were overwhelmed by her story, and they hadn't even had to live through it as she had. "We were in foster care for a while. Angela and I took care of Kairi because the homes we stayed at were so packed with children. Eventually we were all adopted by a man named Damien. He was wonderful, I had dropped out of school to look after Kairi and he home-schooled me and I was able to graduate earlier than most. But it was too good to last, Sarah's death had hurt Angela deeply and she ran away. Two weeks later I came home with Kairi to find the police. He had dove into the swimming pool and hit his head... He left Ange and I legally emancipated with me in charge of Kairi. I had grown to view him as my father and I was upset for a long time. My boyfriend at the time helped me but eventually couldn't handle me as a mother. So I have been raising Kairi, Angela actually just came back about a month ago. I have forgiven her, and we are staying in the house we lived in with Damien." Skyle looked at the handsome British man and hoped she hadn't just ruined any chance she had with him. She couldn't control her past, but she could pave herself a bright future and that was all Skyle could ever hope for.

William Bellerose listened to Skyle's life story. He was already sure that he wanted to be with her despite everything which she told him. He reached over and took a hold of her nearest hand with his. He continued to watch her faces and look to her eyes as she spoke, his thumb lightly rubbed the top of her hand. It was a comforting gesture he was trying to pull and wasn't sure if it was any help to her. His life had never been as traumatic has hers. In fact it had been nearly the opposite. As she finished and looked to him he knew it was his turn to speak. Not really turn but more that he needed to speak then. Quieting his thoughts on all the information that had come into his ear he was still looking at her when he spoke. "I would understand if you did not want to be with me. Your life has been nothing like mine I can't imagine what it was like, but I accept it as a part of you. One can't have the creature without the claws as well," he replied to the beautiful woman at his side. He had a light smile on his face as he looked over hers and he felt as though he could kiss her then. But he wasn't sure if it was the right moment or time for her to be kissed. "Shall we return to town?" He asked not wanting to leave the magical place but he still needed to do some more shopping and visit the tiny cafe shop.

Skyle waited for William to walk away to laugh, anything but say he would understand if she didn't want to be with him. It made her want to laugh it was so ridiculous, her.. not want to be with him after she had spilled her life story, it was the direct opposite of what she had been expecting. Smiling and letting air out through her nose, she hadn't realized but she had been holding her breath until he spoke, "I was worried you wouldn't want to be with me. I have quite a bit of baggage." She shook her head lightly her hair fanning out as she did. It was so amazing that after she had been completely honest with him, this handsome, charming man still wanted to be apart of her life. It defied everything that Skyle had learned about people, but for once she was glad. Will suggested they head back to town and Skyle smiled taking one last wistful look at the area around them before standing up. She felt as if a great weight had been lifted off her shoulders, it had been a ling time since Skyle had told anyone the full extent of her life story. Skyle had often heard the phrase 'Cut it in Half.' and realized that was the feeling that sharing gave you. "Let's go." Skyle said looking back at William a wide smile plastered on her face.

"Well I cannot promise anything. But I like children, I would be proud to have the honor of meeting the little girl," Will told the woman next to him. She was a good kisser, but baggage could be a lot to handle for anyone. He just got here to New Zealand and being a gentleman he knew better to jump right into anything. But he did find the woman to be properly attractive. She had a wonderful laugh and smile and took time from her day to show him a beautiful location outside of town. It seemed she trusted him to easily. If he had been anyone else, anyone darker, she could be in a lot of pain or worse dead right now. He hoped she didn't do this sort of thing to every new man who came to town. He was going to have to keep a close on her actions it would seem. But Skyle did seem have a good head on her shoulders. Her smile made him smile and as they headed back towards the town William took a hold of her hand mostly to make sure she didn't fall, but also because he wanted to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back