Away for the Day

Skyle Anne Irene Darnelle

OOC First Name
Annie
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
It had been a long time since Skyle hadn't had to take care of Kairi. But now that Angela was back she could just take a little while for herself. She still worried about Kairi, but she knew Angela was capable of handling things. It was just a difficult thing putting aside the maternal instincts that had grown in Skyle since she 15 and left to care for a child that was left in her possession after three untimely deaths. It was odd all the death that occurred in her life. First was her mothers murder, and then her father's suicide which were all around the same time Angela's parent's died leaving the two of them in the care of Angela's aunt Sarah. Sarah moved them to New Zealand when she fell in love with Kari Kelly. That was how Kairi came to be and how Sarah died in childbirth the same night Kari's Crones disease claimed his life. That lead to the foster care in which Angela and Skyle had to learn quickly how to take care of Kairi before they were adopted by Damien. But even then Skyle was the main care taker of Kairi because Angela ran away. After all she had been through already then Damien had to go and die in a bizarre pool accident leaving her and Angela legally emancipated.

That was what had made Skyle who she was though, the strong, loyal, responsible person that she was. Still it was nice to have a day all to herself. Walking into Obsidian Harbour Skyle wasn't sure what she would do but planned to have a nice day. Maybe do a little shopping or just walk around, she was feeling somewhat spontaneous today and decided she would just go with the flow, a rarity in Skyle's hectic life of a stay at home working mom. Skyle made money translating things between English, Spanish, and Japanese. It was good money and Skyle could stay home with Kairi all the time. Skyle saw a bench off the sidewalk and walked over to sit a while. She wasn't sure what to do yet and being as she had been thinking so deeply she didn't want to accidentally walk into someone or something.

William Bellerose was not the type of person to do this sort of thing, the sort of moving halfway around the world after giving it a day of thought, sort of thing. Of course he had and now he was paying dearly for it by not having a raincoat or even an umbrella. He's spent the last few days staying at a place in Brightstone Village, but needing to find a more pernament place he traveled to Obsidian Harbour looking for an Apartment of sorts. He also needed to pick up quite a bit of clothing and other material objects he needed to surive. The weather for winter wasn't that bad compared to England. Of course he had forgotten about it being the polar opposite down here and already missed the warm summer days of England. Though it had been raining quite a bit there as well when he left.

Shopping around a bit the first place he visited was the Leaky Cauldron. Being from London himself it found it quite a nice duplicate to the one that he visited quite often back home. The reason being to get to the Magical realm of course, not to drink Fire Whiskey all day. Suprisingly unlike his father William did not have a taste for liqour and often never drank at all finding the burning sensation to be overwhelmingly awful. After a few hours of shopping his hands were quite full of bags and he was indeed tired. Thinking to himself as he walked down the street, he did not believe he had ever done so much shopping in his life! Looking around he spotted the only bench in the area, and of course just like with the one in the park at Brightstone it had a lovely young lady sitting upon. Straightening his shoulders and standing tall, which he was quite tall, he made he way over towards the bench. "Excuse me, Miss. Would you ever so mind it if I rested here for a bit. I've been shoppping all morning," he explained the blonde haired woman in front of him.

Skyle had been people gazing when a man walked over to the bench she was sitting on. Skyle couldn't help but notice how handsome he was, it wasn't often that she got out of the house and he was quite the sight for sore eyes. Smiling at the man's British accent as he spoke Skyle wondered if he was just visiting or if he had moved here. Looking at his bags Skyle decided he must have just moved, she remembered what it had been like as to move here what seemed like so long ago. She had found good friends to help her find her way and to this day they still had strong relationships. "I don't mind at all." She gave the man a genuine smile, "I couldn't help but notice your accent, did you recently move here?" Skyle herself didn't have a distinct accent when she spoke. Like most linguist it just came out in what ever language she was speaking. Looking at all of the mans bags she figured he must be living close by.

Skyle had moved around a lot when she first moved here going from home to foster homes, so she knew almost all of the surrounding area by heart. She was lucky really that her last father had left the house for the girls. It had given Skyle a place to raise Kairi and Sky didn't see herself leaving the house, it was large and near Hogwarts. Being as she was already tied down at such a young age she wanted to have a place for Kairi to live for most of her life and be stable. The life that Skyle was never able to have due to her tragic past. Now they could be happy, and Skyle was sure someday she would meet someone to build the rest of her life with, no matter how much she had been through and had become responsible for she was still young after all.

William smiled at the woman sitting on the bench in front of him. He was glad that he could sit there, it wasn't everyday a man was welcomed to sit next to such a pretty woman. Not that he was there to pick her up, he was actually tired and his feet needed a break. As she questioned him recently moving here he looked at her in suprise. "You have a very good guessing ability," he told the woman as he placed his bag down to his right, by his feet. The bags were all carefully placed by his gentle hands in between their feet. He hoped she wouldn't mind, it would be less likely for someone to come up and take one of them if the bags were between two people he figured. Leaning back he looked at the woman sitting to his right. She was very pretty, younger than him he guessed but not by much, there was something about her that made her seem older prehaps wiser than she should be.

Will placed his arm on the bench as he crossed his legs in the manly way, so his ankle rested on his knee instead of knee to knee. The young man was lucky that the weather had been decent since his arrival. He was also lucky that he had brought his rainy season clothes, though most of what he had packed in his luggage were warmer weather clothing. He did his best to not appear creepy to the woman he was sitting with. He didn't stare at her or smile for to long, instead he took in the view from the bench. "I've recently come from England. I don't know my way around much I'm afraid," he said admittingly to the woman. "My name is William Bellerose and it is a pleasure to meet you." He introduced himself with a small smile causing the scar on his cheek to appear like a large dimple, whereas the other side had a smaller dimple.

Skyle grinned when he said she was right, she was normally a pretty good guesser. But then again she made educated guesses which made the odds of them being right much higher. For the few years that she was at Hogwarts before she was home-schooled she had been a Ravenclaw after all. "Your accent gave you away, and all the clothes meant you weren't visiting, it was a simple deduction." She smiled at him hoping she wasn't being too nerdy. She really hadn't talked to anyone in person besides Angela or Kairi and she really didn't want to mess this up.stranger or not William as he introduced himself seemed to be a real gentleman. Very unlike her past her run-ins with the other sex. Skyle understood what Will said about not knowing his way around. Skyle had gotten lost all the time at first until she had met Shaylah and she had shown her how to get places.

Skyle took note the William seemed to keep his distance, not rudely but in a way that suggested he didn't want to get into her space. It was a pleasant change of pace compared to other men she knew. Smiling Skyle introduced herself, "I'm Skyle Darnelle, and it's a pleasure to meet you as well." Her gray eye's sparkling with enthusiasm. Indulging in her next thought before thinking Skyle blurted it out, "You know I moved here from Japan a few years back, I could show you around it you'd like. I know what it was like to be new here, I never would have made it if I hadn't found people to help me." She wondered what his answer would be, either way would be alright. Skyle was tough she didn't really take what other people said to heart unless it really spoke to her in a positive way. But she had a feeling he would say yes, why thought she wasn't sure. All she knew was she felt as if she had strong feelings from him already, but she couldn't tell if they were good or bad yet.

William laughed as she said his accent gave him away, he hadn't really thought about it that way. He certainly did not sound like a native it would seem. "Ah, well I'm told the British accent I have now is quite suiting for me. So let us hope I don't pick up a new here," he answered in reply. The woman seemed to be very knowing in the accents around here meaning she wasn't a visiter herself to the area. Glancing around the area it seemed he had picked up some attention from the female population in the area with his bright laugh. He didn't mind, he wasn't one for going around and hitting on every girl he saw, but that didn't mean he was immue to the ego boosters of being stared at for good looks. His eyes twinkled as an eldery pair of women walked by each taking a turn to wink at him. He returned their winks with a smile.

"Skyle, that is an interesting first name," he noted looking back to his bench companion. "Japan?" He stated more then asked really. William was suprised to hear that this woman had been in Japan before coming here, he wondered if it meant she had a certain someone in her life already, that being the reason she moved around so much. Thinking on her offer he glanced down at all his bags by their feet. "I would love to have a tour of the area. But I do have a lot of bags to be carrying around," he told while scratching his chin. Sutble had grown in during his lack of having a proper razor. He wasn't sure if it would be the proper thing to ask if she would go back to the place he was staying in. It wasn't much, just a small room in a Hotel down the street. It had a kitchenette with a stove and refridgerator which he did his cooking and storing of food. A small desk lined the wall near the bed which was placed closest to the window. He knew that he needed to find a more suitable place to live.

Skyle smiled at William's comment about his accent, it really was cute. "It's actually really easy to control when or when not to have an accent." Skyle spoke with a thick Japanese accent. She smiled, if there was one thing she was good at it was languages, but of course she was good at other things too. Like singing, which probably had to do with the extensive amount of voice control she had. Skyle nodded when Will commented that she had an unusual name, "My mom named me. I was supposed to be a boy and she had already picked out Skyler. So when I came out a girl instead of naming me Skye Lee she named me Skyle." Skyle shrugged her name wasn't really a real name. It had been made up, but maybe one day it would catch on.

Skyle smiled when Will seemed confused about her being from Japan, in fact most people didn't believe her. But that was where she had been born and raised. Skyle had more Irish, English, and Dutch blood in her than anything but her parents had met and fell in love in Japan and that was where they had lived for most of her life. It was Angela and her side of the family that had Asian in them and she looked like it more so than Skyle most of the time. "I was born there but my mom wasn't originally from there, she was actually Irish." Skyle looked down at the bags sitting between them, he had a point. "Hmmm." Skyle thought about it for a moment, "Why don't you apparate them home?" She smiled having thought of a good solution to the problem at hand.

William didn't believe when she said it was easy, prehaps for her not him. "Neat. Though I always get asked to do an American accent which is like impossible and completely improper," he stated with a laugh. He figued though living in Japan that she must had the chance to pick up an accent there and a new one here though. He had always lived in England and only recently moved out of his home country. Of course his missed it there but he was happy to be in a new place. "Well, I guess it's a better story than mine," he said laughing thinking about his own name. It was a very standard English name not really much to it. Watching her, Will couldn't help but think she still looked pretty when she shrugged her shoulders.

"That's pretty interesting, seems like you've had quite the travels as a young kid," William said to her. He wasn't sure exactly how old she was, but she seemed old enough to be an adult. He'd curse the heavens if she was still a child, it wouldn't be right from him and to have any relations at all. Plus she was quite beautiful he wouldn't mind even just being friends with her. Thinking on her response he wondered if it's be possible. "Well it'd be quite tricky since I don't really know the place. I might pop into the wrong room," he said with a laugh thinking of how it'd be if he just appeared in another person's room. He wouldn't mind if they were watching football, but if it was anything but that it would be plesant for him or the person.

Skyle laughed, she couldn't believe he had just said neat. It was so adorable she could hardly stand it, "I can understand it being hard. I guess I'm just good with languages, it is my job after all." Skyle smiled living in Japan she had learned both English and Japanese at home but refined them at school. Upon coming to New Zealand she had taken up Spanish and was currently on Italian. Skyle hoped to learn a few more languages in her lifetime. She had even begun teaching the ones she already knew to little Kairi. Skyle smiled when William said it was a better story than his, he had a charming laugh and Skyle almost blushed for thinking such a thing. "I'm sure your parent's picked it for a reason. I like it anyways." She said truthfully, it was a strong name, something formal but could be shortened easily to Will.

Will said he might pop into the wrong room and Skyle giggled. He must be staying in a hotel, she thought to herself. "Well your going to have to get home one way or another, I could come with you if you wanted." She smiled looking up at Will, if he wanted her to great it wasn't like she was asking to spend the night or something, just drop off his things and get to know each other better as she showed him the sights. If he said no Skyle wouldn't take it too hard she was stronger than that but she would be a bit disappointed, she was coming to like William. He seemed like just the person who could make her day away worth wild.

William laughed with the woman he was sitting with though he wasn'y sure why. He figured it was her own laugh that got him to laugh as well. He wondered what her job actually was, he didn't really think there were translator jobs in the magic realm. "Job?" He questioned lightly wondering if he should even ask about it. Though it did make him happy knowing she had a job, and she'd be off at school now he figured if she was still in school. Shrugging his shoulders at her statement he took a look around he knew it wouldn't be right if she caught him staring at her for a long time. "Prehaps. They've never told me however," he told her.

Will smiled at her giggle and the fact that he knew brought it. Her eyes were bright and she looked completely wonderful with a smile on her face. He gulped as she suggested to walk there with him, he was really hoping now that she was at least 17 which was the age a person become an adult in the magic world. Not that he'd try to pull anything once they were there, the two wouldn't even be in the room that long he figured. But it wouldn't look good for either of them to be seen going in or out. His steal gray eyes looked over Skyle as she sat on the nech with him smiling up at him. He was sort of getting nervous now and he rubbed his hands on his legs to get the clammy feeling off of them. "Well I mean if you want to I can't really stop you. It's just down the street, it really isn't much just a small Hotel room really," he admitted as he stood up from the bench and began to grab his bags with his hands. While leaning over for them he couldn't help but noticed how close he was to her. And as he stood up he cleared his throat looking towards the direction they had to walk.

Skyle was kind of glad Will had been curious enough to question her about her job, "I'm a Linguist." She smiled at him, "I translate all sorts of documents old and new, muggle and magic." Looking at him she grinned, "You see I am fluent in English, Japanese, and Spanish. Plus I'm well on my way with Latin." Skyle wondered if there was more to what William was saying when he spoke of his parent's. She wouldn't question him but noted that if they did become friends to figure it out one day. Skyle knew sometimes it was nice to have someone to confide in, better than most people actually.

Skyle nodded when Will said he couldn't really stop her, he was right really it would be easy for her to follow him but she wanted to go because he wanted her to. When he said it was a small hotel room Skyle thought she understood. He was embarrassed, Skyle knew what it was like to move. She had done more than her fair share of moving due to foster care but she wouldn't tell him that, not until they knew each other better. Will started grabbing his things and Skyle smiled, glad to have met him today. Skyle stood and looked in the direction William was, she could tell from where they were where they were going. Feeling the need to break the short silence Skyle wondered aloud, "So what school did you go to? I went here for a while but I was home-schooled my last few years." Skyle wondered if he had attended the original Hogwarts in London. It would have been very cool to learn a midst all that history.

William nodded as Skyle explained her job. It sounded interesting, the only other language he knew was French and that was because he was part French, which would explain his last name. It was French and actually came from Old French and meant lovely rose. He thought it would actually suit the woman in front of him much better than it did himself. "That's Brill," Will said to her once she was done explaining. He had never had the patience to even learn French, he was impressed she learned so many.

From the corner of his eye he could tell that she had stood and so he was about to take off when her voice stopped him. He waited her to finish her thought before starting his own. "I went to Scotland for school. I mean I've never really been far from home ever. I think I've been to France a few times to visit family but, uhm," he said to her as he started walking. He had started to get quite embarassed about his lack of travels compared to her. This was the first time he had ever left Europe. And his first trip without family. It was something new to him yet he was pleased that he met such a lovely person at the begining of it. "Well It's just in here," he said as they reached the building. When he went to sit down he had been planning on shopping more before returning, yet he realized how nice it was to get the load off his arms before going out again.

Skyle smiled at William's use of slang, it was good that Skyle had gone to Hogwarts New Zealand for a time or she might not have understood. There was such a mix of culture there, kids from every culture imaginable, it would have been hard not to pick up somethings. Skyle started walking alongside Will and listened as he spoke. "That must have been nice though, always being close to home. Moving all the time isn't always a fun thing to do." Skyle didn't want to go into her miserable life story with him, she might scare him off. But maybe someday she would be willing to confide in him her past. If he were ever to meet Kairi she would have to in order to explain. Most people thought she was her sister, not her 'daughter'. But really Skyle considered her to be her child whether she was her birth mother or not, and she knew that was how Sarah would have wanted it.

Skyle followed William into the building, she had never been inside. Being as she had been living in houses and with families directly after moving to New Zealand she had no reason to stay at a hotel. "This isn't a bad place, but you'll probably be happier once you find a more permanent place." Skyle had vacationed with her biological family a few times before her mother was murdered. She remembered staying in hotels, they were small and Skyle was used to living in large houses. Hotel's were okay for a few day's but after a while they had to get kind of cramped.

William noticed she smiled and wondered if he had said something funny. He wasn't sure on what type of slang they used down under here in New Zealand. He wasn't sure why she thought it had been nice, sure it was was nice but he never got the chance to go far away and learn more about himself. "I suppose so," he answered in reply. Will felt like it was odd talking about his family life and so he was glad when they finally reached his hotel. It would give them something else to talk about after all. Glancing around he noticed the clerk at the main desk eyeing him as he walked in with a girl. Giving a slight wave with his hand he went over to the stairs. His room was on the third floor but he always walked, it brought him back to his school days when he'd have to walk from the Ravenclaw tower all the way to the dungeons for Potions class and then walk back up. He realized then why chubby kids didn't really stay chubby that long at Hogwarts. Considering all the delicious food that was consumed, the students had to climb many stairs every day.

Slipping the key into the door Will opened up the door while juggling all his bags. He quickly placed them down on the luggage stand that was right near the door. Moving farther into the room he made quick work of picking up the knickers and pajamas he had left on the floor. Not thinking anyone, let alone a woman, would be coming into his room later. "It isn't much, but I will be happy when I find something better. Though it seems there really isn't anything in the area, and even though this isn't a five star place it still adds up staying here every night," he said as he faced her bringing a hand to the back of his head, rubbing it as a nervous habit.

Skyle watched as William opened the door to the room where he was staying and tried not laugh as he tried not to drop any of his bags. She would have helped him but he had the door opened before she could offer. Looking in Skyle thought it didn't really look all that messy, she was sure he had been here for a few day's at least if not more and the room still seemed to be rather clean. Especially after he quickly grabbed up some clothes off the floor. Will said it wasn't much, but he seemed to be making the best of what he had available right now. Watching him rub his neck Skyle hoped he wasn't embarrassed, "It's really not that bad, I've lived in flats that were only a little bit bigger than this." Skyle had lived everywhere, but never a hotel room. She felt kind of bad for him, here she had plenty of room at her house and he was stuck here. Skyle almost wanted to offer her house to him but was sure he would decline right now. They really didn't know each other all that well yet, in fact he didn't even know about her daughter yet, and Skyle tried to be very careful about who she exposed Kairi too. Maybe if she got to know William just a little bit better she could offer him a place to stay, but right now it was just to soon to know. "I'm sure it's expensive." Skyle gave him a slightly sympathetic smile, she didn't know if he had a job yet or not but either way living in a hotel had to add up as he had mentioned.

William smiled at her slightly as she tried to convince him it was that bad. If she knew what he was used to then she'd see how different this really was for him. He came from two wealthy families, however his parents told him they'd only give him so much when he moved away, he had to get a job and learn to support himself if he moved out. They were glad that he was going to start his life of course, they didn't want him to feel defeated and come back. However they knew the importance of learning to start himself and make his way up in life. "Once I get a job here it shouldn't be to bad, but it's basically been all Ramen for me since I got here," he said knowing she'd know the cheap noodle food. It wasn't that bad, beef was his favorite, but all the sodium in it wasn't good and he was dieing for a real meal. BUt he was choosing to spend his money wisely and not all on food.

"Yeah. So right, on to exploring then?" He asked in his British accent, the only one he'd ever be able to do. He was gla that it made her smile and he thought about starting to use more slang just to see her smile. Looking around the room to see if he needed anything he knew it was a bad idea to have her here in his private quarters. It gave him dirty thoughts, ones that he shouldn't be having about a woman he had only just met. His cheeks reddened at his thoughts while he tried to push them out. He figured she'd only think that he was still embarrassed about the room situation, which he was.

It was funny that William mentioned not having a job because Skyle had just been wondering about that. "That's why I love that I can do my job anywhere." That was one of the main reason's Skyle had started translating, she could do it from her office at home and stay with Kairi twenty four-seven. Now that Angela was back though she didn't have to be home all the time. Skyle laughed at Will's Ramen comment Skyle liked Ramen but knew too much of a good thing wasn't always best. "Ramen is the staple food for everyone starting out." She smiled at him. One thing Skyle hadn't had to worry about was money. She hated it but she was getting money from her mom, Sarah, and Damien. Skyle would give back all that money and more to have all of them back but she knew that would never happen.

Skyle smiled at the way William said exploring, his accent made everything sound better. Skyle nodded, "Let's Explore." She grinned at him and noticed his blush. He was cute when he blushed. The thought made her blush a little and she hoped her hair hid it from him. That's all she needed for him to think she was thinking about how handsome he was while they were still at his hotel room. Thinking this only made her blush more.

William was actually slightly jealous of the life Skyle had. He had everything handed to him growing up, yet he never wanted that sort of life for himself. He'd never wish is upon his children he hoped to have one day. He planned on having a few atleast and letting them grow up knowing rich Nan and Grandda but not letting his parents spoil the kids. However at twenty it seemed like ever having the chance to start a family was a long way off. He needed a girl first for that, and a job otherwise he'd have to resort to her or his parents for support. Growing up he was very old fashioned in that he needed to be the bread-winner of the family. Sure whoever the woman was, could work and have a job and contribute, but he wanted to bring in most of the money, like his own father had.

Moving towards the toward he opened it back up and raised his hand to indicate she could go out first. The young man hadn't been in a situation like this before. He knew he couldn't do anything to damage any relationship they were in the process of forming. He had to control his hormones. "Yes. Lets," Will said to her passing a smile at her. He caught a glimpse of a blush rising on her cheeks and briefly wondered if it was the same reason he had one.

Skyle smiled to herself when William opened the door for her, "Thank You, That was very chivalrous of you." It was nice being with a gentleman for once and Skyle wanted to make sure he knew she appreciated that kind of thing. It was rare in men these days. Thinking about their adventure Skyle new just the place she wanted to take him. It was a wonderful place by the water, she was sure Will would love it, all the locals loved it it was called the the bridge to nowhere and it was historic to the area they were near. Most muggles thought it was only accessible by taking a boat and then walking the rest of the way, but it they cut through Obsidian Harbor they could walk the whole way and it would only be like half an hour. Not to mention she could point things out on the way. "So I am going to show you the coolest place here that isn't the beach." Skyle new everyone thought the beach was best but really the bridge to nowhere was a beautiful walk through lush green parts of the area and it was all along the largest river in the area. It was wonderful in Skyle's opinion. Looking up at will she smiled, "It's a bit of a walk but I know a shortcut, and I can show you most of town along the way. Or whatever you haven't seen yet anyway." Skyle was sure Will had found some things on his own, but she could at least tell him about some places she was sure, and there was no way he would find the bridge to nowhere without a locals help, so she would be showing him some of the history of the town too. There used to be a settlement across from the bridge but it was gone now except for some ruins, but it was all very pretty.

William followed behind Skyle on the way out the door. He made sure he had his key in hand before locking and shutting the door. He knew that they had spares down stairs, however he never wanted to be embarrased by having to go and get it. As they set off Will listened to her as she explain where she wanted to take him. By the sounds of it, it was far away, but he was glad of the excerise and get shown around to the best spots in the area. "That sounds perfect," he answered her in reply. His thoughts from when he was in his hotel room with her were fresh in his mind, but he pushed them away to better thoughts of how the beauty of the town was reflected in her. He smiled back to her as she went on saying she'd point things out to him. "Oh yeah, I know where most the shops are, though I spent the better half of the morning locating the right ones," he stated with a laugh. He wondered how remote the place was that she was taking him to, after all he had been walking all morning. His legs were a bit tired but they did need a good strech of a walk and so far his feet weren't that bad since he had gotten a nice rest when he first started talking with her. William wondered if she did have a boyfriend or not, he'd try a pick up line on her but it seemed to late for that. Plus the ones he knew were all to chessy for his style anyway.

OOCOut of Character:
So earlier today i was thinking about these two and had an idea....
I figure this "spot" is kind of remote and no one else will there when they get there. and so they have a moment sort of thing, where they are sitting and talking and he could like brush her hair back or something and then a kiss?

And then thinking down the line since they are suppose to be finals, I figured this could be the place he purposes to her as well
:wub:

OOCOut of Character:
:wub: That is so romantic! Let's do it xD

Skyle smiled, she had always loved the spot they were going to, it was so quiet and beautiful. Looking at William he spoke about finding all the shops this morning, she laughed. Skyle had been young when she first arrived, she and Angela had explored and most of the time ended up lost. It had been a good experience until they ended up accidentally in Bleak Street one day where they had almost been killed by Luxen Silverback. They had been very lucky looking back in hindsight. "It's really not so complicated once you go out a few times." Skyle said as they continued to walk through and out of town. Along the way she told him a few things about where was best to eat and if you ever needed this go there kinds of things. She had learned them from experience and she was sure they would be helpful being as he was new to the area. Coming up to what looked to be a forest Skyle pointed at a faint path in front of them. "This is the way to the Bridge to Nowhere." She smirked, "It is a historic place here there used to be a large settlement there but it's long gone now." She smiled up at Will, "Come on it's not far now." She felt the urge to grab his hand, she hoped he wouldn't mind. Pulling him forward she made her way into the woods, the path was hard to follow but she knew it by heart. She had been here many times before, coming up to the river Skyle smiled looking to her right and there it was, the bridge. To muggles it looked much different, just like they couldn't see the magical schools. But magical eye's could see right through the fog to the enchanting place it really was.

William was ever the gentleman on their walk through town he asked a few questions about the places she pointed out and she seemed the be very knowledgeable of the area and it really help him. He spotted a quaint cafe that he made note in his head to visit later at some point. It seemed like a place he could get some good tea which would be a nice divergent from his current meals. He nodded as she explained it'd be easier to get to places once he had been around town a few times. He was sure he'd be exploring soon anyways, he needed to find a job anyways. The only way to do that was to actually go out and look for them. Looking at the faint path it reminded him of animal paths in the woods. So much so that he voiced the thought. "It reminds me of an animal path in the woods, rather than a human one," he explained to her. They walked along the path and on the skinnier parts he made sure she went first, not that he was chicken, but it really did seem to be an animal path as it went off a few times in other directions. He felt her hand in his and held on to it back. It actually made a grin appear on the young man's face as she pulled him along. He figured that she didn't really mean anything by it and it was perfectly fine being friends with the young woman, at least for the time being.

Will glanced around the area once they arrived. It was actually very pretty but it didn't compare to her own beauty. He found it interesting that there had been a historical magic place in the area so close to the city yet seemed like it was so far away. He stood there on her left as she looked off to the right looking at the bridge taking in the magical and beauty of it all he figured. He however was taking in her beauty. "Very beautiful," he stated giving the place she was looking at a fleeting glance, however his eyes were back on her soon after. The enchantment of the place seemed to bring back the feelings he had been having in his apartment. Pulling her hand he turned her so that they were facing each other. Gulping he tenderly lifted a hand to brush a strand of her hair back from her face. Caught in the moment of being there alone with her he leaned down and kissed her gently on the lips. Realizing what he was doing he pulled away from her and looked away. "I-I'm sorry," he stammered lamely.

Skyle had never really thought about the path being one from an animal because she knew where it let, "It's just the path less traveled by." Skyle couldn't help alluding to The Road Not Taken. She was a sucker for Robert Frost and it was the perfect opportunity to use it. The Sorting Hat had done his job well when he had placed Skyle in Ravenclaw, she really did love knowledge. The place they were at actually was the perfect place to write a poem about. It was magical and provided all the inspiration one could ever need. Skyle was looking at the water where ducks were swimming and was going to start composing a poem in her head when William pulled her to face him. This took Skyle by surprise and she was about to ask him what it was when he shocked her more by kissing her. Skyle wouldn't lie, she had been thinking about kissing him ever since they had left his apartment, but was quite taken aback that he had actually done it. Will pulled away from her and looked away, Skyle was sure she was blushing. It had been a sweet kiss and the way he has pulled her hair away was all like something out of a story book. He said he was sorry and SKyle smiled, "Don't be." It was nice to want to be with a person this way. It had been a long time since Teddy had broken things off with her when she had needed him most after Damien's death. "But I think you should know something's about me before you kiss me again." Skyle thought of Kairi, not every man would be willing to commit to a pre-made family. Granted Skyle hadn't been ready to have a child yet either but Skyle had to take on a mother's role after her Aunt Sarah died in child birth. It had been the least she could do to make up for all the care Skyle had recieved when Sarah had acted as a mother for herself and Angela.

William smiled as she alluded to the great American poet Robert Frost he himself knew many of his poems by heart. It had been a great past time for him while at Hogwarts Scotland sitting in the Ravenclaw Common Room. He just did not have the time to tell her this as they showed up the place she wanted to take him. It was a wonderful location and made sure to ingrain the path in his head so he could come back again and actually fully see it. Because all his focus in this moment was on the blonde haired beauty he was with. He actually couldn't believe himself that he had kissed her. It was not the gentleman thing to do, instead he should have shown more enthusiasm in exploring around the place she had brought him to. He was blushing afterwards and rubbed the back of his head with his hand. He looked back at her when she replied and her smiled made him feel better. But his stomach dropped to the ground at her next words. He knew it, she was already seeing somebody. Maybe it was long distance and an open relationship. He could try to ease his in, but he knew he'd never do such a thing. "Uhm okay," he said not really knowing how to answer. Of course he gave his full attention to the woman but he was tense and anxious for what she was about to lay on him.

Skyle could see the instant change in Will and Skyle felt bad for not telling him from the beginning. It would have been easier to explain to him then. 'Well here goes nothing.' Skyle thought to herself. She didn't want to blow it with William he was charming and a gentleman, so she hoped he would be able to handle the fact easier than most. "I have a 5 year old. Her name is Kairi and I've been her acting as her mother since she was born." Skyle knew that was a very brief explanation but she had wanted to give him the short version first. If he wanted to know she would tell him all the details of her tragic past, but she had a bright future ahead of her now so she really didn't want him to feel sorry for her. "Her mom was my Aunt Sarah, my legal guardian, but she died in childbirth," Skyle explained. Looking at him she smiled. Sure it had been rough being a mother to a child that wasn't her own. A child raising a child, but Skyle wouldn't have had it any other way because she had gotten so much in return having such a wonderful child in her life. Looking over Skyle saw a log and sat down on it. "I know it sounds strange, but really my life story is pretty sad and strange." Skyle wouldn't beat around the bush, not with William. Her childhood had sucked, but once Skyle had started out making her own life for herself and Kairi everything had been going uphill from there and Skyle couldn't be more thankful for all the good fortune that had been coming to her to make up for her horrific past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back