Avoiding homework

Gilbert Williams

OOC First Name
Senwyn
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Gil stretched and let out a huge yawn before strolling towards the lake, a spring in his step. Free! Free from his lessons for the day! After a term, the novelty of doing magic had worn off and now Hogwarts was just like his old school. It may contain moving portraits, house elves and magic, but it also contained rules, homework and dreary history lessons. History of magic made him wish his ancestors had stayed in the trees, to spare him the suffering. Yes, he was very glad to be out of that stuffy classroom. Sure, he had a bit of homework, but he could do it later. Only one, two...maybe three essays? And the make up work for that lesson he'd skived. And that other thing he'd been meaning to do.

Gil's smile drooped and his shoulders slumped as he came to a halt. Okay, so maybe he did have alot to do. After a few seconds consideration, Gilbert shrugged it off with a wry grin, rolling his eyes. He'd do it later. Like right before the classes. He'd managed to avoid detention so far, so maybe his luck would hold out until the end of term. This year didn't really count anyway. Besides, it was getting darker and soon he wouldn't be able to come outside at all. Had to make the best of the sun while it lasted. Gil hated winter. Absolutely despised it. Cold and bleak and much too gloomy for his liking. At least at home, it snowed. Apparently in New Zealand, snow was a rare sight to behold. Well, if the lake froze, that'd be pretty cool.

Gil reached the edge of the lake and looked around to see if there was anyone nearby to talk to. It felt like he hadn't spoken to anyone in weeks. Collapsing onto the ground, he pulled out his wand and twirled it around for a few seconds. "Wingardium Leviosa" said Gil, flicking his wand at a small stick. After a few seconds, it floated upwards, halting at eye level. Again, he looked around, grinning slyly. Maybe he could poke someone with it and see how long it took for them to notice.

Schyler slightly skipped down towards the lake, she needed some inspritation for a song she wanted to write for her parents. If it was good maybe then she would be able to be like them someday. Schyler twirled in the breeze that was pushing her hair around and in her face. Spinning it seemed was the easiest way to move hair if you didn't want to move your hands, and hers were nice and warm in her coats pockets. Even though it was only Autmun she got in the habit of putting her coat on when she went outside.

Sitting down Schyler stared at the Lake wondering what was it that other kids did down here when they weren't doing their homework. She had always been working on her homework instead of coming out and enjoying the sunlight and by the time she was down with her work it was time for dinner and then the sun was gone. Today Schyler decided to put off her homework and it seemed like she was the only one, all the normal amounts of students she would see from her window weren't there.

OOCOut of Character:
Hey, you play Georgiana, right? I'm sorry I ended up abandoning the roleplays I was in. I had internet issues then problems at home. I did think about replying to them, but I think they're probably a bit out of date now

Gil let out a yawn, leaning back against the ground. Free from lessons and he had nothing to do. This sucked. He was almost tempted to try and steal a broom from the flying cupboard and take it out for a ride or something. Sure, he'd get in trouble but it'd be worth the flight. Next year, Gil decided, he definitely had to buy a broom. The flying lessons were definitely not enough for him. And, he thought excitedly, he could join the quidditch team! After his first match, he'd already decided that the position for him was Beater. They were practically like knights on brooms, flying around and protecting the other players from being beaten to death. So cool! He flicked his wand, animating the stick above his head. “Bam, bam” he mumbled as he made the stick swing back and forth.

Abruptly, Gil sat up, an idea formulating in his head. If he got a football and a baseball bat, he could practise hitting! All he'd have to do was use that summoning charm thing they'd been told about and he could hit the ball away when it shot towards him! Heck, he could probably do it with a stick and stone. Gil jumped up and grabbed the stick down from the air. He directed his wand at a small pebble, small enough that he could dodge it if his aim was poor. “Accio, stone!” he exclaimed, jabbing his wand at it before quickly raising the stick in preparation. In response, the stone tumbled a few centimetres before staring at him smugly. No, it seemed to gloat, I won't move for you and you can't make me! Gil glared at it for a few seconds before slumping back down onto the ground. Yeah...Maybe he should actually practise the spell first. Later. He'd do it later. Practising sounded too much like work.

Gil felt himself perk up at the sound of footsteps and he glanced up, glad to see someone -anyone- he could talk to. It was a girl, about the same age as him, but the second he recognised the badge on her chest, he slumped back onto the ground. Ravenclaw. He'd learnt from his brief exploration of the library that most Ravenclaw were workaholics. And as this one had a parchment in her hand, she was probably not going to prove the exception to the rule. Then again, he was that bored. “Hey! Ravenclaw, right?” said Gil, peering over at her “You can't seriously be doing homework on a sunny day like today. Aren't you bored out of your skull?” He sat up and grinned at her, shoving his wand back through his belt. “I'm Gil. Actually Gilbert, but call me Gil. Gryffindor, of course!” He jabbed a finger at his badge proudly. “First year like you, I think.” Gil looked curiously down at her parchment. “So what homework are you doing anyway? Can't be history of magic, you'd already be asleep.”

OOCOut of Character:
Yup I'm the same Steph who is Georgiana :) There's another one lurking around here somewhere and I've already been confused with her, haha

Schyler stared contently at the Lake until she heard someone yelling at her. Looking around she noticed the boy, a gryffindor,figures they are a loud bunch how do they ever get to sleep, she thought to herself. Looking at the parchment she had with her she rolled her eyes at the boy. "Actually no, I'm working on a song," she said wanting to turn her nose up at the boy but decided otherwise. She was raised to be friendly afterall, why dissappoint her parents even more. "Gil, sounds like a fish's name, huh? I never thought of that, but no really it's a nice person's name too. I'm Schyler Johnson," she said turning herself so she could look at the boy without having to look over her shoulder to see him.

Lesson one: always lookat people when you are holding a conversation with them. Schyler needed friends, she was starting make rules for herself, sdhaking her head of the thought slightly she smiled over at the boy. "Let me guess, you're waiting till the last moment to work on you're homework?" She questioned figuring she was write about that considering his accusations about her doing her homework, though if he was then they were in the same boat. Which was a first for Schyler.

“I guess it does sound like a fish” Gil agreed good naturedly, “Still, way better than Gilbert. Makes me sound a hundred years old!” He made a face and rolled his eyes with a grin. “Skyler's a cool name. Sounds like the sort of name a superhero would have. Way too cool for a Ravenclaw.” He grinned as he said it, resting against his arms. “I'll call you Sky” Gil decided after a couple of seconds. He didn't wait to find out if she actually liked the nickname, continuing to talk on in a friendly manner. “So you write songs?” he repeated with a grin, “That's pretty cool. Are you any good? What's your song about?” Gil paused for a second then added with a mischievious grin, “In fact, why don't you sing it? Then I can judge whether it's awesome or not.”

Gil let out a small laugh, flicking his eyes away. “Well, it's not that I'm waiting til the absolute last moment” he wheedled for a few seconds, before admitting with a grin, “More like the last hour! It's not like this year counts towards anything. I wouldn't even bother if it wasn't for detentions. There's no way I'm letting my freetime get cut down” Gil rolled his eyes before glancing back over at her. “I bet you spend hours doing your homework. All Ravenclaws seem to” Gil added, "There's no way I could concentrate for that long. My head would explode."

Schyler laughed when he agreed with on his laugh and she also laughed about being like an old man, it was true. "Uh, thanks I think," wondering what he meant byher name being to cool for a Ravenclaw. "Actually, I mean, well, it's not finished really. Well, alright, no laughing," she said before coughing to clearup her throaght. She looked back towards the Lake as she began to sing not liking to see people's reactions to her singing or playing when she played the piano. Her eyes closed as she thought of her sister and how much she meant to her and the song was really for her.
OOCOut of Character:
Been too Long

"Waiting till the last minute I don't think is very fun, and I don't study for hours more like an hour and everything is done," she said glad for her ability to write quickly and having the wit of Ravenclaw to know what to write. "and You haven't been in our common room so how would you know what we do all the time?" She stated wondering what it was that the oh so wild Gryffindors did with their time.

OOCOut of Character:
I'm going to jump in, Hope you don't mind, but First years are so fun when they first see a Mermaid!

Rain powered through the water, her long blonde hair rushing behind her as she swam she saw a dolphin and smiled as she swam along beside it but not for long, even though she moved gracefully she was powerfully fast.

Rain glided through the water and carefully came up to the surface, it was a cold day so she wasn't expecting Students to be handing around. Rain couldn't see anyone but she didn't really look. Rain slowly went back down under the water before powering up and leaping out the water and landing back in, doing a few flips under water she Swam on her back before returning close to the edge hoping to be able to pull herself up onto some of the sand to relax for a bit, she didn't need the water to breathe.

Rain slowly pulled herself up the sand rolling onto her back and stariong at the sky when she finally heard the voices and rolled over to see two students.

OOCOut of Character:
Yay! I didn't even realise we could rp mermaids. Gil's reaction is basically :woot:
Edit: Sorry that my post is annoyingly long. I'll try and shorten if it really is a hassle to read (one of my friends on another rp site often tells me off)

Gil grinned. “I'll do my best not to laugh” he promised solemnly, holding his hand over his heart. “Unless you're completely out of tune. Then I'll laugh my head off” he added jokily, smiling warmly. At first, he listened with a grin, but it faded as his mind slowly registered the lyrics and the tone of the song. Gil rolled onto his stomach, resting his head on his arms. How could anyone laugh at this? The song was sad, really sad. Too serious for him, anyway. Slow songs never failed to make him feel drowsy and he closed his eyes. It wasn't like he was getting much sleep lately. A born insomniac, he often snuck out to the quidditch pitch or to explore the castle some more. “That was good” Gil commented when she finished, lifting his head to look over at her, “You have a nice voice. Sorry about, well, whoever you're singing about.”

Gil sat up, shaking his head tochase the drowsiness away. “Studying at the last minute IS fun” he replied , “Kind of. It's a crazy panic to find books and scribble as fast as you can, racing against the clock. And if you fail to complete your mission, bam! Detention!” Gil slammed his fist onto the grass to emphasise his point, glaring at her with all the seriousness of a war veteran before his face broke down into a grin and he laughed. “Okay, so it sucks, but it's not like it counts so who cares?” Gil admitted with a smile, “Well, you do, you're a ravenclaw, but I hate writing essays. I'll revise or something when it's exams. Essays are just extra credit, right?” He smiled at her comment about their common room, watching the water. Spotting a head poke up in the water, his eyes lit up as he remembered his vow to go swimming. Apparently someone else had the right idea about how to spend an afternoon. “How do you know I haven't been in the Ravenclaw common room?” Gil commented with a sly grin, “There are secret passages, you know. Maybe I've been spying on everyone without you realising.” He laughed, collapsing back onto the ground as the head disappeared back beneath the surface. “Or not. So what if I've never been in. I can definitely imagine it” said Gil, spreading his arms in front of him, “Lines and lines of desks, with students noses pressed to their books. Never ending study hall, the glorified sanctuary of boredom!”

Gil made a face and closed his eyes, listening to the wind. He really was going to have to sneak out on a broom again. The sky tempted him too much. With a yawn, he glanced over as he heard a thud next to him. There was a girl on the sand, obviously wet from swimming. Maybe the one from earlier. He made a warm smile, looking back at the sky. Then he did a double take. His mouth fell open and he sat up like a shot, staring at her. Like a goldfish, he tried to find the word he was looking for, unable to say anything. Then they came pouring out. “You have a tail!” Gil exclaimed, staring at Rain, “ A fish tail! That means you're a mermaid, right? A mermaid! That's so cool! I've never seen a mermaid before! Can you hold your breath for hours underwater? Is there a hidden castle filled with treasure?" He stopped for breath, looking over at Sophia as if somehow she'd failed to notice his sudden outburst. “It's a mermaid!” Gil stated stupidly.

Schyler listened what he was saying, which was alot. Her head almost began to brust from it all, but she was a Ravenclaw and they could handle alot of things. Her eyes widened at the sight of the mermaid, of course Gil was talking so she didn't interupt but she was glad when he finially noticed the mermaid though his excited talking became even more in that moment. She didn't mind the whol mermaid thing was pretty cool. "A Mermaid! You're one of those good ones right?" She asked shyly wanting to makes sure they weren't going to be drowned by an evil mermaid, of course she did know anything about people it was to never ask someone if they were good or not because they could easily lie.

Rain looked at the boy and girl funniy when they noticed her, they were asking her questions, and she wished so badly that she could reply to them but she couldn't if she was above water, unless they want to be temporarily deaf. Rain pulled a thinking face before grabbing a stick which had washed up on the shore and digging it into the wet sand, she had learnt how to write english when she was little so she could communicate through text.

Rain flicked her blonde hair out of her eyes and dug the stick into the Sand and began to write 'Can't Speak above water, Come for a swim and i'll answer all your questions' she wrote before adding a bit more 'Oh and yes im good' she added as she put the stick down and lifted her tail, the long golden tail lifted out of the water and small trickles of water fell of her tail. she playfully moved her tail up and down as she waited for them to get in the water.

Rain was excited, she hadn't had many younger grades come down to the lake in aaggess the last lot where older and didn't care much for Mermaids its an old experience for them.

OOCOut of Character:
Ahh yes us Mermaids are very hard to come by, if you want i can bring another Mermaid in he's male

Users who are viewing this thread

Back