Astronomy Homework

Imogen Day

OOC First Name
Emzies
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose

Imogen's blonde hair bounced as she walked. She knew that the year was going fine, and she could take a few hours to relax. Of course this was Imogen Day and her idea of relaxing was to get her astronomy book ad begin to do the lastest bit of work she had for that class. This she didn't want to do in the comfort of her dorm room. No, but rather the fresh outdoors, where looking at the sky was as easy as counting to 3. She smiled to herself. As she walked with her books under her arm, and the place to go in her mind. Immy walked through the magical gardens until she came to a spot underneath a tree. She quickly set down her books and sat on the ground. Her white t-shirt with the Gryffindor crest stood out from the green of the grass. Imogen began to write, though with time she grew bored, so instead, positioned herself on the ground, so that she was lying on her back and able to see the late day sky. She had a pencil in her hand, so she with her hand took a new bit of parchment and began to draw exactly what she saw. Immy loved the beauty of the outdoors. It was perfect, and her drawing showed how much the little Gryffindorian liked the outdoors.

Vanessa was walking outside. It felt so nice to breathe in fresh air. It made her smile. She had taken supplies to write in a bag because she was planning to write a poem about something that made her happy. She planned to re-write it and then decorate it to look at whenever she was feeling upset. As she was looking for a nice place to sit, she noticed a great spot. She walked a few steps toward it. Vanessa realized that someone was already laying there. She recognized the girl.

"Hey, Immy," she said, smiling. "May I sit here as well?"

Imogen sat up and smiled as she recongised the girl in front of her. Immy put down her pen, jumped to her feet and gave her friend a hug. Immy liked giving people hugs. She gave lots of hugs. To those who were her friends. Immy pulled out the hug and went back to where she had been sitting and nodded at Vanessa. Imogen glanced quickly at her drawing before looking back up at Vanessa.

"Sure, Vanessa." Immy said in a friendly ton. "How've you been?" The blonde said with a bright smile, while pushing a strand of the curly hair from her eyes.

Vanessa hugged Immy back. Then she sat down when she said it was okay.

"Thanks," she said. "I just came here because I thought it might help me write a poem. I need a bit of inspiration. What about you? I've been great! Meeting new people, classes, normal stuff. But I'm having a lot of fun here! How have you been?"

After she said this, she looked around for something to write about.

Imogen looked at her friend, smiling at her as she spoke. Immy herself had been having a pretty good year so far. She worked as hard as she could and didn't let anything stand in the way of her studies. Which was why Immy had very much distanced herself from the entirely frm her friends.

"I've been good. Lots of work. " Immy said. "I just came to work and began to draw. It's been a good year."

Imogen took out her wand and picked small strands of grass from the ground and with the leviating charm made them rise into the air and move around in a small dance while in the air. Immy looked to and from this sight to Vanessa. Immy wanted to hear the stuff that Vanessa was writing. It would be a slight invision, but Immy was a curious girl. She knew that while her and Vanessa were friends they were as close as they possibly could be.

"How long have you been writing for?" Immy asked with genuine interest in her voice.

Vanessa watched as the small strands of grass seemed to dance in the air. It seemed very pretty.

"I've been writing since I was probably about 6," she said. "Of course, poems by a 6 year old don't turn out very good. But I enjoyed it so I kept on trying to improve. I'm still getting better at it, trying to find ways to improve. I'm not so great with writing stories at all, though. But at least I'm good at essays so I can do my homework well!"

She decided that she would write the poem on one side but the lyrics of a song on the other. She flipped it over as she started to write more and cross out more.
Sunshine in my hair
Laughter in the air
I know love's everywhere
In sight

A perfect day
Will make you want to stay
A perfect day
Like today

She smiled at Immy.

"That's how I start a song," she said. "Probably going to change this later. This is just a rough draft. Decided I might work on the poem after. Actually, this is a poem until I put music or a tune to it, but I didn't write it to be a poem. I'm confusing myself again, but anyway, I'll write the poem when I can think of something. That wouldn't be right now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back