astronomy homework

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda strolled into the library enthralled still by all she had witnessed. The huge boat by the lake with the Durmstrang students, the fancy tents on the lawn for the Hogwarts Scotland students. The goblet of fire and those who wanted to be champions putting their names in. Part of her wanted to be of age so she could have tried but another part of her was thankful she wasn't. It was supposed to be really treacherous, only the other day she was reading through one of ther history books about how a boy had been murdered by Lord Voldemort at the last tournament. How the tournament had been shut down again after that until now. Amazing, she wondered why now though? Was there a significance to it, she had been delighted to see some of the students she knew from their school goingt up to put their names in the cup and had been even a little intimidated when the son of Harry Potter strolled up to put his name in. It was going to be a very interesting year indeed.
She found a desk and sat down opening up her astronomy book and taking out some parchment, she really needed to get this assignment finished soon.

Njord wandered into the library, with several Astronomy books. His homework so far had been fairly easy, but Astronomy, having never been his best subject was one that was needing his attention.

Njord spent a few minutes looking for a quiet table to sit at and noticed most of them were filled. He still didn't know too many people so asking to join a group was out of the question. Suddenly he turned down another row of books and saw a table at the end, sitting there was Andy, she had books laid out and they looked like astronomy books he had used last year. Quietly he walked up and whispered, "Hey Andy, how are you? mind if I join you?"

Andromeda turned about quickly at the sound of the low voice, nearly having a heatattack as she had been so engrossed. She smiled when she saw it was Njord.
"Hey you, gave me a bit of a fright. Sure sit down" she whispered back, "getting stuck into a bit of astronomy. You know I always thought I'd be good at this but its just so hard, there's way too much to remember".

She looked at the books that Njord had and smiled.
"Please tell me you're an astronomy genius".

Zazuka didn't come into library for Astronomy but for Defence against the dark arts. She had to look up the Knee- Reversal jinx which even though she thought it a bit mean she also thought it encreadebly funny. She was looking though the shelves in the completly wronge section because her mind had wondered off into the clouds again when she spoted Andy and a boy she had seen but never talked to. With good reson, Zazuka tended to bump into something every time she saw him.

With Andy there though she was sure that there wouldn't be much insedent though so she walked up. "Hey you two mind if I join you?" she asked with a bright smile. Her arms where full of notes from class but no books. She noticed this and her smiled became little strained.

"Sure Z but its astronomy up to the eye balls here. We're doing about Galileo in class and as much as I think its deadly interesting there's just so much to read" she indicated the books infront of her then realised that Zuka hadn't done this part of Astronomy yet.
"What are you studying then?"

Zazuka looked up in thought. Galileo... She had read a book that mentioned him once but that was about it. "Professor King is making us learn prank-like jinxes. They are forbidden within school walls but that's not going to stop anyone from turning someone's nose hairs into triangles." She said with a bright grin. Zazuka was thinking that she might like to that herself if she ever saw someone that desurved it.

Njord pulled up a chair and plunked himself down. He dropped his books on the table and smiled. "Well Andy, I don't like to brag but....I know a little bit about Astronomy. And by the sounds of it you are doing different things then what I did last year in that class. But with all these new professors, they all have different things they want us to learn. I've got to look up Native American Astronomy....." Njord trailed off and smiled at the girl who had joined them.

Extending his hand he smiled. "Hi, I'm Njord, I'm not sure we've met before...I apologize for monopolizing the conversation...I'll shut up now." He was still a little weird when he spoke to girls.

Andromeda laughed at her bestfriend and her very close friend, she couldn't believe that she had made friends with possibly the shyest people in the school.
"Zuka this is Njord, Njord Zuka. Well it's Zazuka but I've been calling her Zuka for so long now it sort of just sticks" she smiled at them both.

"Jinxes sound so cool I can't wait to learn some, I've managed to become the co. president of the SDA this year so hopefully that'll help me with my defensive spells."
with a swift turn of her head so that her now brown hair flung about she smiled at Njord, "I think that's terrible they should keep the curriculum the same every year at least then students could actually help one another out if things got tough. I really don't want to do remedial studies in Astronomy. Even though the new professor is lovely."

she looked at her notes cringing, she'd never get this essay done.

Zazuka laughed into her hand slightly before taking Njord's. "Like Andy said. Most people that really know me call me Zuka or Z if they feel like it. Your not taking up all the conversation on the contrery Native American Astronomy sounds terrably intresting. So does Galliao for that matter." She said the took a seat next to Andy. "I only hope that someone doesn't get the bright idea of jinxing Jinx. Oh Jinx is my cat." She said knowing that most people didn't know about him.

"Well, I think I like Z. I think I'll call you that, if you don't mind." The young boy said with a wink. "And actually Jinx is a pretty good name for a witch's cat too." he continued. "I really do need to get a pet, speaking of animals. That reminds me." he said turning his attention to his friend. "Andy were we not supposed to go into town at some point?"

Andromeda smiled listening to both of her friends, thrilled that they both seemed to get on with one another. Her eyes widened and she looked at Njord.

"Goodness I nearly forgot about that, its open this weekend isn't it? Myself and Z were also going to hit the joke shop there, do you want to join us for that?"

She knew she had said it would be the two of them getting to know the place but Andy didn't cut any of her friends if she could help it. She had learnt the value of friendship, how important it was the year before.

Zazuka's eyes went wide then she looked down as if to tuck herself inot her uniform's collor. Twelve she might have been but she was still perfictly capable of blushing. That wink made the color rise up on her cheeks.

"Yes you should defentely come with us. We should be able to find some good stuff in the joke shop." She said when her voice came back to her. Zazuka thanked every star in the sky that she hadn't stuttered. It seemed to be a problem with her around cute guys. She tended to stutter so badly that one could hardly make out what she was saying. "What are you planing on getting Njord?" She asked as another act of bravery on her part.

Njord considered what Andy and Z had said. "I'd love to join you two, but...well...I'm not much into joking. Perhaps while you're there, I could get some stuff at Honeydukes and meet you for lunch and we can chat....Would that...um...be okay?" He said slowly. He didn't want to sound like he was offending either of them, he just preferred sweets to pranks, plus his mother would probably skin him alive if he came home with joke paraphernalia, she frowned on it quite a bit.

Zauzka nodded. "That's fine with I don't know about Andy though. What do you think?" She asked Andy. "I have to stop by Honeydukes too. I'm running low on sweets if you can believe that. I made sure to get lots of it last time." She said dreamyly. Candy was the only thing that she loved above all else.

"Well I certainly don't mind but I work at Honeydukes so I'll give there a skip if its all the same to you two. I'm not allowed to work up front anymore I have to help source new candy and stuff which is tricky enough. Considering I can only get to work when we have our Brightstone weekends. He doesn't mind though, Mr. Fudge that is" she smiled at them both, "We can all meet up after shopping at one of the restuarants or one of the other shops maybe?"

Kailey walked into the library and looked around. She didn't know what had pulled her to come here, she had been heading to the prefects common room t start on her Arithmancy homework when she suddenly made a complete U-turn and walked to the library. She took one look around and was glad she did, she saw Njord. She walked over to them hoping she wasn't interrupting anything and quietly asked. "Is it alright if I sit here?"

Njord had told Andy and Zuka that perhaps meeting them at Madampuddifoots for Lunch would be good, that would give him enough time to check out the sweet shop and buy enough to rot out all his teeth in one semester.

As he was about to work out a time he heard the voice of someone he knew and it dawned on him his heart had begun to beat a little bit harder in his chest. He looked up and a smile spread across his face at the sight of Kailey asking if she could join them. "Well, I don't have a problem with it, Andy, Z? I think there is room for one more, what do you think?" he said with a slight laughter in his voice. Or was it nervousness, he wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

"Hmm Madame Puddifoots is definitely fine with me, of course it'll be strange to be in there the three of us you do know its mainly for people on dates. I mean have you seen the decor of that place?" Andromeda glanced at her book that was slowly being forgotten about when a familiar voice asked if she could sit, looking up she saw Kailey Paramore.

The girl who taught her the Petrificus Totalus spell the year before and had also gone to the Yule Ball looking absolutely stunning with Brian. This year she would like to tell Kailey she was welcome to him but she knew she would never say anything like that. Brian was firmly rooted in the deepest part of her heart that she didn't think that even at her age, she was likely to get over him. How come other girls could do so? How come others can like other boys or girls no worries and I get stuck with Brian?

"Of course you can sit down" she smiled noticing how Njord seemed to react differently to Kailey, his voice almost quivering. Hmmm another boy falls to her charms then.

Njord listened to Andy describe Madampuddifoots and he suddenly felt weird about it. "Oh...well...is there anywhere else. We wouldn't want our fun and laughter to disturb the "couples". he said with air quotes.

"No no we can all go there its pretty central to every place anyhow. Kailey you'll come won't you? We're all going to meet up at Puddifoots after a general shopping spree" she smiled at the Ravenclaw girl who just seemed to get better looking every year much to Andromeda's dismay.

[ :D have actually opened thread for all of us in puddifoots but continue this one as well. need to get some study done ]

Zazuka's heart sank for a moment when she saw Njord's reaction to Kailey's appernce. She could never win against her, Zazuka thought herself way too plane to even think about that. She desided that she may still bump into walls when ever she saw him in the hall ways but she wouldn't persue him.

Zazuka smiled on the outside though. "Sure it would distube the couple but by then I think well be haveing way too much fun to care." She said with a giggle in her voice. There still was hope for her to find some one for her and only her she thought. After all she was only twelve, she had an enter lifetime to try and look.

"T-thanks Njord." Kailey replied to him with a very slight stutter What the hell? I never stutter! she thought perplexed by this new development. "Sure I'll come." Kailey replied to Andromeda with a smile, she hadn't been planning on going to Brightstone but being with them all sounded fun. But Njord would be there OH WHAT TO WEAR! she thought but brushed it off, she would worry about that later.

"Whats the assignment? I might be able to help a bit, But Astronomys my worst subject." Kailey replied trying to help

"I got a good grade in Astronomy but I have a jinx to look up. Maybe find out how to do it if I where planing on being mean for a day." Zazuka said with a soft giggle. Zazuka was never mean just muscheviose from time to time and she often scolded herself for thinking poorly about another person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back