Aspen Jones

Aspen Jones

OOC First Name
Anna
Wand
11 1/2" Asphodel, Hair from the Mane of a Kelpie (Grandmother's wand)
Full Name:
Aspen Leigh Jones - Aspen, because she was born on the first day of autumn, the season in which the aspen trees leaves turn orange, and was born in Colorado, while her parents were on holiday at the Aspen ski resort; Leigh, after the doctor who delivered her; and Jones, just because that's what her family name is!

Date of Birth:
22/09/2011 - first day of autumn in America.

Current Age:
11, nearly 12.

Basic Appearance:
Aspen is tall for her age - almost 145cm, (the doctor has assured her that she IS still growing!) She has long, dark brown hair that curls if she uses just the right amount of shampoo, and bright blue eyes, surrounded by thick, long eyelashes. She considers her eyes to be her redeeming feature. She has several large scars on her legs from a treadmill incident when she was 8, and one eyebrow is slightly shorter than the other.

Personality:
Aspen loves to have fun and meet new people, but has a quirky sense of humour that is often considered to be bizarre by people who don't know her so well. She is quite bright, and very mature for her age (which isn't saying much, being 10 and all...)

Family:
-Mother - works as a seamstress for the locals, muggles and magical (but using magic, of course, she doesn't know which end of a needle does the sewing).

-Father - works as a trainee healer. After he graduated from Hogwarts NZ, he had a rather unfortunate accident with a spell gone wrong, so moved to America to work as an accountant for 25 years, where he met Aspen's mother. He has now regained his confidence as a wizard, and has decided to follow his childhood dream to become a healer.

-Aspen doesn't know her mother's parents very well, as she only met them when she was a few months old. Her entire family was living in Los Angeles at the time, but her maternal grandparents were deported back to Holland when Aspen was just 5 months old. Aspen's family moved to New Zealand when she was 3, after her father's mother died.

-Aspen's paternal grandfather lives with her family. He was once a dragon keeper, and tends to share his stories through song after a few ports...

-Aspen's older sister, Elissiana Jones, is living in Holland with their grandparents, and studying at the magic school in Amsterdam. She was accepted to Hogwarts NZ, but decided she wanted to study in Holland instead.

-Aspen's older brother, Brody Jones, is a squib. He doesn't mind, though, because he is studying to be an architect, which he loves anyway.

Pets:
- Aspen has a cat, called Everest. He is a fluffy monstrosity, but he will be following her to Hogwarts when she leaves, as they have never been separated since she found him under a hedge when she was 4.

Area of Residence:
- As previously mentioned, Aspen was born in Aspen, Colorado, while her family was on a ski holiday. She lived in LA, California until she was 3, when her whole family moved back to Dunedin to take care of her dad's dad after her grandmother died.

Blood Status:
- Mixed - her paternal grandmother's father was an American pilot posted in New Zealand during WWII

Heritage:
- Mother is Dutch, Father is Kiwi, but quarter American, and the rest Scottish.

Interests or Hobbies:
- Aspen enjoys figure flying, but is rather abysmal at it. She's much better at speed flying, which is her main out of school hobby, unbeknown to her muggle friends, who think she spends all her time riding Shetland ponies.
- Aspen also spends a lot of her time doing gymnastics and dance.

Additional Skills:
- Aspen can speak Dutch and American; and has a fair sense of rhythm. She also loves performing, and thinks that if she fails at being magical, she will either be a Broadway performer or a wedding planner.

Strengths:
- Aspen is smart, witty, and a good, kind friend. Despite being a little different, and quite complex, she is well-liked by most.

Weaknesses:
- Aspen has a rather bad temper. She is much better at containing it now than previously, but can be quite nasty if the fancy takes her. She is also well known for holding a grudge. She hates not getting her way, and has a bad habit of making everyone else feel guilty about it when she doesn't.

Describe your character in three words:
- Smart, determined, charming

Favourite place to be:
- With her friends, anywhere they're having fun. Aspen loves spending time with her friends, no matter where, because they always make her feel good!

Friends:
- Angel Rain, Sephora Finette, Aspen knows them from the muggle school, and they are already at Hogwarts, so she knows she has some close friends.

Hogwarts House:
- Aspen would like to be in either Gryffindor, because they are noble and brave, or in Ravenclaw, because they are intelligent. She doesn't mind too much if she's not in these though, because she's just so happy to be going to Hogwarts!

Hogwarts Hopes and Ambitions:
- Aspen hopes to leave Hogwarts at the end of her seven years with a good, sound knowledge of magic that will allow her to do whatever she chooses in the wider magical community.
- Aspen would love to join the Quidditch team, but would have to make sure that she was able to balance that with her school work, social life and other commitments.

Best school subjects:
- Magic - Charms
- Muggle - Music

Worst school subjects:
- Magic - History of Magic
- Muggle - English

Extracurricular Activities:
- Aspen plays netball at her muggle school, because playing a sport is compulsory. She also has singing and dancing lessons, because she enjoys them, and they're things magic can't teach you!

Plans for your future:
- At the moment, Aspen isn't too sure what type of magical career she will pursue after Hogwarts, but she knows she wants to be successful at whatever it is!

Your Patronus:
- A Canadian Lynx

Your Patronus memory:
- Receiving her Hogwarts letter!

Your Boggart:
- Being told by her parents that she is a big disappointment to them, and she isn't good enough to be their daughter.

Mirror of Erised:
- A successful, adult Aspen, who has achieved everything on her wishlist. She would be completely happy.

A page from your diary:
Dear Diary

Today I got my acceptance letter! I was so happy :woot: Even though Mum and Dad told me not to worry about it, I was really afraid that I wasn't gunna get it, and be a squib like Brody. He doesn't seem to mind it, but I think I would be really upset... I hate letting people down! I suppose being a squib wouldn't even be a possibility for me, seeing as I've been blowing things up by accident since I was 3, but I'm not known for having rational fears!

I can't wait for the start of term!! I've been packed for about a month already, just so I was super ready if I was accepted. Gah I just want to jump around screaming!! SO HAPPY!! :frantics:

Lots of MAGICAL love from Aspen =wub=

1) Most definitely. Aspen and Kit have Herbology and Flying together.
2) Coz it's cute, lovable, and determined, but misunderstood.
3) Um, 'coz I do?? No reason, just felt she needed something more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back