Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Whippy Elm Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Lexi hadn't ventured too far away from home before now, purely because he'd never felt the need. However as he was beginning to grow up, he'd managed to convince his family to let him "expand" his travel horizons as it were. He'd been surprised they'd agreed in all honestly, but he wasn't going to let that on, no. If anyone asked, all Lexi had to do was put the word out there of his intentions and they'd follow through.

He was excited if not a little nervous to see Rennie. It wasn't like he was only here to see her, that would have been crazy to come all this way just for a girl. Ew. But Lexi did think that their letters were only going to communicate so much and if they were going to be real friends they needed to be more than just former classmates or pen pals. Obviously if things didn't work out, it wasn't going to be the end of the world, but the third year had a good feeling about this and he didn't want to mess it up. He'd over dressed significantly for the weather, thinking it would be winter here in New Zealand but alas he'd had to remove his jackets in order to not boil right there on the spot. As he waited at their agreed meeting point, Lexi had tried not to explore too much of Brightstone yet, preferring instead to let his new friend surprise him with what was on offer.

Renata had spent much longer than she cared to admit considering which outfit to wear - her robes were a bit too dull, but she didn't want to dress up or anything, or look anything like she had spent more than 10 minutes considering which shirt to wear. Which she had, but that wasn't the point. Something light and casual and effortless to belie the fact that she'd put in far too much effort. She was nervous - this was weird, wasn't it? Meeting up with someone from Durmstrang, a place she'd happily never be reminded of again, in New Zealand of all places, on her school break. It wasn't like she'd actually planned to meet up with anyone in a break before, though. She'd almost hoped her parents would say no, that they needed her help in the restaurant, but they'd been the ones to insist she go and have a nice day out. Surely it wouldn't be that bad, right?

Hiding her eyes behind some sunglasses - sadly she didn't have six pairs to wear, having to make do with only one - Renata awkwardly approached the meeting spot, trying to work out an appropriate greeting in her head. "Kia ora," she eventually settled on, giving a shy wave and trying to hide her anxiety with a smile. "Welcome to New Zealand! I told you they had Christmas in summer here."

Lexi didn't wear a watch and so had no idea how long he'd been waiting. He had surely come to the right place hadn't he? Maybe Rennie had decided not to meet up with him after all and he'd have to go home disappointed that he didn't even get to say hi. His eyes caught sight of a blonde girl wearing sunglasses, half a smile on his face as he recalled one of his letters with the Hufflepuff (which by the way was a hilarious name for a house in his opinion) and he was about to glance away to not make the situation awkward when the girl spoke to him. "Huh?" he asked, confused to what she'd just said or even why this girl was talking in another language to him. He didn't recognise her, despite it only being a year or so since he'd last seen Rennie, it took him a second to realise it was actually her coming towards him. "Oh merlin," his eyes widened as she came a little closer and waved at him. A nervous laugh came out his own mouth as she had indeed told him Christmas was at summer. "Yeah but the sun don't know when Christmas is!" Apparently it had a mind of its own here.

His eyes were still on his friend, trying to sus why she looked so different, it wasn't that she'd changed that much, but he guessed she just looked, happy? More confident? Lexi wasn't sure. The third year wasn't one to usually feel the pressure of a social situation, so why was he right now? With a jacket in his arm, he used it as an excuse to not be able to wave back but moved a little closer to the Hufflepuff. "Well I made it anyway, said I would," Lexi grinned, glad for the chance to boost his own ego again, "Hope you're ready to give me a grand tour of your new home?" Or at least, outside of it he figured.

Renata tilted her head a little in confusion. Surely she didn't look that different, did she? Maybe she'd gotten a little taller? Maybe it was the sunglasses. That probably didn't help. She pushed them up to rest on the top of her head, able to get a better look at Lexi as she did too. Maybe she should've worn the Quidditch robes, as much as that would've made her stick out like the proverbial sore thumb. "I can't believe you actually did come all the way over here," she said with a nervous giggle. This was still weird, right? She didn't really know what the protocol for the situation was. "Uh...how was the trip?" Merlin, sometimes small talk felt so awkward.

"Sure, though I've only been here a couple of times myself," she admitted, having only really gotten to go on Brightstone weekends. "We could go to Honeydukes? If you needed more gobstoppers, that is," she added, smiling at the suggestion. She had felt a bit embarrassed about actually going and buying them when she realized he hadn't been 100% serious, but she'd done it and that was that, she supposed.

If Lexi said he was going to do something, he would, usually. "Look, don't worry about it, I needed to come and visit this place anyway," he hadn't exactly told Rennie why that was the case yet, but no doubt he'd get the chance to eventually while visiting. "Meeting you is just an extra perk," he glanced in his friends direction, hoping that would ease any awkward pressure. The last thing Lexi needed was for her to think he'd come across the world just to put a voice to their letters although truth be told, it was quite the perk indeed. "Long. Really, really long," he chuckled, "I'm telling you now, as soon as sixth year hits, I'm learning to apparate. Anything's gotta be better than sat on a plane like a muggle for that length of time. Heck, even a broom would have been more comfortable," although maybe he wouldn't have been able to binge watch the films he'd needed to catch up on if he was balancing on a broomstick. "You know what I mean?" he asked, realising that he was actually curious about how Quidditch was going but was too unsure to ask directly.

"Let's go get more gobstoppers!!" he almost yelled as the suggestion was made. Lexi was easily pleased, and a handful of sugar was sure to spice up his energy levels, "Yeah, let's do that. And see if we can't get a few presents while we're here too aye?" he glanced her way with a swift elbow to her arm, not forgetting that not only was it the Christmas season, but it's was someone's birthday too. He'd come empty handed, but if they were going to be in Brightstone, Lexi figured that must be something in this village that Ren would be interested in.

He needed to? Renata thought that was a little strange, but she didn't bother to question it, surely he had his reasons and she was too polite to be overly nosy. "I hope it's not too much of a letdown," she joked, although she'd been feeling pretty anxious about that in general - with everyone. Especially the arts club, what with her lack of talent. She couldn't help but relax with a laugh at the comment about the plane, though. "Right? I can't believe how long we have to wait to be able to apparate. Though a broom would so not be more comfortable," she retorted. Sitting on a broom for an hour or so was bad enough, let alone...however many it would take to fly over. Probably worse for a boy, too.

Renata found herself relaxing more at Lexi's enthusiasm, starting to wander down the road towards the candy store at a fairly leisurely pace. "Oh right, that's probably a good idea," she agreed, wondering what sort of things her dormmates might like. "You have to get more totally scientific comparisons about how the candy tastes in comparison, right?"

"Nah, it's alright," he shrugged, trying to play it off as cool. He was getting better at that, pretending that he didn't really care as much as he did. Lexi wasn't sure why he'd started doing that but it was what it was. "Tell me about it. We're frikkin wizards and we can't even teleport until we're basically adults? Sounds like a rip off to me." They'd started walking towards the shops, and the blonde was staring at all the signs around them, and the items to purchase that seemed to just be sat outside the doors waiting for someone to steal. Not that anyone would, of course. "You had your yule ball yet?" He found himself asking as they walked. The one at Durmstrang didn't seem as fancy as the one they had at Hogwarts, and he was just a little bit curious about how she'd found it, for comparisons sake.

"Oh of course, research is by far one of the most important things you can do Rennie!" he smiled at his friend, hoping they'd get a chance to try more than just some gobstoppers. In truth he did want to talk to the Hufflepuff properly, and not just about food, but he had to wait for the perfect moment to mention what was on his mind. "Don't know about you, but I'm gonna be spending most of my day in this village," he mentioned, knowing that he didn't have to be back with his father until late that day, which gave them plenty of opportunity as long as Rennie didn't have her schedule full of homework. How much of a Hufflepuff was she really?

Renata found the indifference somewhat of a relief, all things considered. She really was probably worried over nothing and he almost certainly hadn't been overthinking it as much as she had. Renata wasn't one to get lost in to thoughts too deeply most of the time, although she could dwell on specific worries. Mostly that people didn't like her. "Right? No teleporting, no conjuring money or food, what's being a wizard even good for?" she joked. There was a lot of wonderful things that could be done with magic, of course. It just wasn't quite as freeing as one might hope. "Oh, yeah, right before the break," she explained. "They made it really wintery looking and everything. I guess it's a hold over from the original Hogwarts? There was a whole lot of food, and dancing, and people in beautiful and expensive clothes, so kinda what you'd expect." She'd felt a little out of place there in a light dress and some boots, but she had enjoyed it.

"Oh, uh, indubitably! Whatever that means." Renata laughed, not even sure she was using the word properly. English had some really weird words sometimes, she thought, stepping into the store and holding the door open for Lexi. "The chocolate is pretty good. Probably not as good as in Sweden, but it does the job." She hadn't been able to buy a whole lot, but she'd stocked up on a few things last time she'd gone. The sugar had helped her study for exams. "I don't have any other plans. I got given the day off from work." It was work for her parents, but that wasn't the point. "We could get lunch or something after? Sorry, that kind of revolves everything around food, huh?"

Conversation with Ren had always been pretty easy, and it was one of the things Lexi liked about her. He chuckled at her vision of being a wizard, and she wasn't wrong. For people who seemed to be able to have shortcuts as a human being they sure couldn't do much in reality. That being said, being magical did mean that there were a few extra skills you could have, and Lexi was hoping that one skill in particular would be able to carry him further than if he were just a muggle. "Wintery looking? What like, snow and stuff?" he asked, taking the door from Ren and following her inside. It was cooler in here. "Seems a bit counter intuitive," he mused. "Really can't just keep to one season over here can you," he joked, throwing his eyes over the various jars that now stood nearby, hunting in particular for the brightly coloured balls.

"You're working during your holiday?" Lexi was full of questions but he supposed that was being better than being stumped for words at all. "I'm glad you got today and all but, don't your parents want you to, I don't know, chill? You work hard enough as it is," Lexi couldn't imagine having a job that he did between lessons. It was hard enough to keep up with what he was already doing. At the mention of lunch, his stomach almost growled on cue and he shot his friend a smile, "It's a date," he smirked, before turning to pull a jar off the shelf.

Maybe Renata had just been too quick to assume the worst at Durmstrang. Sure, there were enough people with whom she didn't, and would never, fit in, because of her poor family status. But maybe she'd let all of that cloud her judgement too much. She was happier at Hogwarts, that much was obvious, but she liked talking to Lexi. She wouldn't have written him letters if she didn't. Although she insisted it was out of politeness. "Yeah, you'd think they'd go all in and make it, like, a beach party or something. I guess they just want it to be elegant instead of accurate." She shrugged. There was a Valentines dance coming up too, she knew. At least that didn't have to be too seasonally appropriate. Though it was probably going to be awkward being around people kissing. Now that was weird.

Renata shrugged lightly at Lexi's comment, unfazed. "Ah, it's less work and more helping out at home," she explained. "My, um, family opened a restaurant. So I'm unpaid labour," she joked, giving a wry smile. "I don't really have to do a lot." It wasn't really so bad, mostly just carrying dishes when it got busy. Cleaning was much easier with charms, after all. It gave her something to do, at least, letting her feel like she was useful. She almost dropped a bag of chocolates she was holding at his next comment, but thankfully was able to catch them. Good thing she'd had a bit of chaser practice at Quidditch. "Ha...seen anything interesting?"

Lexi hadn't really spoken to Ren too much while at Durmstrang, beyond a few encounters while with his friends. During that time their chats had mostly just consisted of jokes or passing comments more than anything substantial, but since they'd been pen pals Lexi thought that had changed, and it was nice to see that reflected in their real life interactions too. Sure jokes were great but he felt like he was actually getting to know Ren more and more. He'd managed to avoid telling his friends he was meeting up with Ren on this occasion, both because he knew she would rather he didn't if hiding her letter was anything to go by, but also because he had a suspicion at the back of his mind that if he did, he'd be teased for it. His group were always teasing one another for even remotely hanging out with girls, let alone actually being friendly with one, and it was just nice not to have to worry about all that and instead figure things out without feeling judged. "Elegant? Not sure it would be my thing then.." he trailed off, imagining himself at one of these Balls. No thank you. "Now a beach party? That's something I'd get behind." He turned to present the glass jar full of small moving ducks to Rennie, "You ever be wondering where I am, just look for the water," he smiled somewhat sincerely for a moment, before turning his attention to what was in his hand.

"Something tells me vegetarians wouldn't go for animated chocolate," it seemed strange that some things like chocolate ducks and frogs would come to life, and biting off their end didn't seem too humane. "You got something like this in your family restaurant, or is it more like muggle food?" Lexi didn't think they'd go for lunch at her parents restaurant, especially if she was having the day off, but it would have been nice to see what it was like at some point in the future.

Renata had never gone in to too much detail about Durmstrang to anyone at Hogwarts, really - she'd mentioned a few things in passing to Eugene but had been a little evasive on the topic, out of a strange sense of paranoia that people might think she was a dark witch of some description. Not that anyone who spoke to Renata for more than about 30 seconds would think that she was. Paranoia was funny like that sometimes. "I don't think I really nailed the elegant thing either," she said, with a shrug. "Maybe in like, seventh year I'll spend every galleon I own on the most over the top, glamourous dress I can find and make a grand statement." She gave a small laugh at her own mental image, softening into a smile at the cute moving ducks.

It was a bit weird that the chocolate was animated, when she thought about it. Chocolate frogs were just a thing she accepted as normal, but if she actually put her mind to it they were a bit strange, really. It was kind of like what they'd been doing in Transfiguration, though. It wasn't necessarily pleasant but it was what it was and the best way to look at it was not to think about it too hard. "It's mostly Italian food," she explained. "Muggle meals but for wizards. The pasta doesn't move. Mostly." She wasn't sure if it would attract or repulse customers if it really did. She would have to start inviting friends there, she figured - just wasn't sure if she was ready for the big deal her nonna would make over it. She looked at a display of Bertie Bott's, and made a face of disgust. "Those beans are cursed, I swear."

Lexi grinned, "Not sure you need to be spending much money to achieve that," he said quickly moving on towards other things in the shop before she could question what he meant. "Like spaghetti?" Italian food was quite high on the list of things he enjoyed, although he considered it a simple food, almost boring. Safe. He pulled a face at the thought of the pasta moving by himself, maybe it was for the best that they weren't eating their if it moved on occasion. "Oh, yeah. They are actually. 80 years ago there was this student at Hogwarts, massively into the art of bean cursing," he shot Ren a smile, "Vowed that no one else would be allowed to enjoy such a sweet without reliving some of his memories at the same time," dumping a handful of chocolate and sweets on the counter, Lexi began to take out his money, adding in a few things from the table top for them to try out later on after lunch, too. Renata was more than a little naïve at times, Lexi had found, but that just made it even more fun to play with her, and besides, he told himself that it was all with good intentions so what was the harm? "So you like Hogwarts then? Better than Durmstrang I mean?" he pushed, handing over the coins to sales assistant, but keen to deep a little deeper about the real reason why they were both currently in New Zealand.

Renata blinked a couple of times at his statement, a little confused. She was about to ask what he meant, but he moved on and she let it slide. "So much spaghetti. Sometimes I see noodles in my dreams," she joked - she rarely remembered dreams if she had them, and if she did they were probably something that stuck out more than pasta. Renata giggled, snapping her fingers. "Knew it! Here I was thinking it was just me that was cursed to always pick the bad ones." She wasn't quite that gullible to completely believe him, though if there was some kind of weird curse that was involved with her and every flavour beans she wouldn't have been surprised at all. She picked up a couple of items to take back to school with her and paid for those, ostensibly to give to Sky and Molly (but more than likely to be eaten before she got back) and put up her own coins for those, at least, figuring she'd at least pay for lunch since Lexi had come all the way out here. "I do, yeah," she admitted, feeling a little bad about being that earnest and thinking she should maybe soften the blow a little so as not to hurt Lexi's feelings about Durmstrang if he really did like it there. "I mean, yeah, there's things that aren't as good. It can be a bit...um, disorganized?" As they began to make their way out, she leaned in conspiratorially. "I heard there was a basilisk loose in the school last year. The headmistress had to step down over it or something. I don't think anyone could've gone that far at Durmstrang without getting caught." This was obviously before she started there, so she didn't really have a good understanding of the situation. "But it's good. I like Defense more than Dark Arts. And people don't really seem too bothered by family or bloodline."

Lexi was laughing at Renatas joke, maybe she wasn’t quite as gullible as he’d thought, although that wouldn’t stop him from trying to catch her out at times. He swiped the contents of the counter top into the pockets of his jacket so that they were almost stuffed full. He wouldn’t have been caught with a bag, not even a rucksack outside of school. He’d rather just carry things in his arms than have to worry about lugging along a big bag of stuff.

Although he’d tried to imagine what Hogwarts was like, he listened closely to what Ren was saying, surprised even by the fact there had been some dodgy antics that went down at the school. “Durmstrang is meant to be the one with a reputation for monsters and dark arts,” he mused, thinking that actually this castle seemed to house a bigger variety of drama than he’d first given it credit for. “And the professors let kids get away with that stuff?” Maybe it would be more useful as well as more fun for the third year to have moved away. “What about electives? You’re doing those too aren’t you?” He asked, headed back towards the door and pulling it open for the blonde so they could head to their next venue. He knew the classes Ren was taking from their letters, but he had a reason to ensure that elective classes especially were a good fit for a former Durmstrang.

It was all well and great hearing things in theory, but if he really wanted his questions answered, Lexi would have to be more direct. “You think there’s room for another transfer student?” He suggested, walking back out into the street.

Renata at least had a small handbag to put her purchases in, though she supposed it was easier for girls to carry bags around. She had wondered if boys pockets were magically enhanced, somehow able to carry more stuff. That or all the sweets woukd get horribly squashed. "Right? I was so surprised. How can someone even get a basilisk egg at a school? Apparently they were a seventh year and got expelled right before graduation." She only knew this through hearsay, though that part at least seemed like common knowledge at the school at this point. "Uh, I'm taking Ancient Runes and Muggle Studies, and Divination next semester. They're pretty good. I really like runes. There's also care of magical creatures...maybe THAT'S where the basilisk came from." Suddenly, Renata felt glad she wasn't taking it.

She came to a halt at Lexi's question, a bit surprised. "Yeah, probably? Hang on, you're not suggesting..." she trailed off, looking at him in confusion. Did he want to transfer now, too? Was that why he was here? That was strange, very strange indeed. Maybe he was asking for someone else? That didn't really make sense, though.

To get right to the end of one's education and yet not be able to graduate was harsh, although Lexi understood why the student had been expelled if they'd managed to grow a basilisk on the school property. "How would you even get something like that in without being spotted?" He thought out loud, although he didn't expect Ren to have the answers. It was a shame the Hufflepuff was taking those subjects next semester; it meant that Lexi had to wait to find out what they were like and whether they were any good. All he knew was that the classes he'd been taking were awful. "Would that be so bad?" he raised his eyebrows, turning to his friend who seemed to have paused in confusion at what Lexi had planned up his sleeve. "I'm not saying it's for certain, and I am not doing it because of you," he didn't mean to sound abrasive or rude, but he didn't want Ren to get the wrong impression, "Divination at Durmstrang is so bad, and I'm hardly going to get the grades to be a seer if I'm stuck there. Besides, to have a real life seer as your professor? I feel like that would help you know?" he added, thinking how cool it would have been to know someone in the flesh that could look into the future. "Obviously, if I did transfer, we'd save on parchment, right?"

Renata could only shrug at that. She couldn't imagine getting an egg in the mail or something, or where you'd go to get one, or how you could easily get it in and around the school. She had seen some less savory elements of the world, but was still fairly naive and innocent all things considered. "I didn't think you were," she agreed, gently. It would have been way too weird for him to do that, and she was sure he had better reasons. Being a seer seemed like a good one. "I have heard the Divination professors are really good," she agreed. His logic was pretty sound, all things considered. "Well, I'm sure you could, if that's what you wanted. You're a smart guy." Renata wasn't nearly as clever as he was, she thought, meekly. She worked hard to get decent grades, but it wasn't easy.

Lexi may not have known Ren as well as he knew others, but as he watched her take in the new information he always saw her shifting in front of him, and frowned at the change in her demeanour. “I mean, I’m average. But I could be good.” He added, thinking that it would take a lot for him to improve but that’s why he wanted to move. He turned to keep moving down the street, hoping they’d be able to get some food while turning a few thoughts over in his head. Sure Ren may have said the things he wanted to hear, but why had it suddenly felt as though she was hiding something? Maybe he was just over thinking it, surprised that she hadn’t been as thrilled as he wanted. Why was he even over thinking this anyway? Surely it didn’t matter what Ren thought. “It’s ages away anyway, and they might not even accept me, but if I can be a seer maybe it will feel like I can actually be useful.” He added, pointing to another small shop to their right. “Lunch?”

"Yeah, of course you could be," Renata agreed, smiling once again. "Just...wow. I wasn't expecting that!" she admitted. Sure, in his letters he'd sounded kind of bored with Durmstrang, but she really hadn't expected him to suddenly want to go to school in New Zealand. Maybe Hogwarts in Scotland, but New Zealand was a long way to go. Not that she could really talk, having done the same thing herself. But Lexi had a goal in mind, and the determination to see it through. And Renata...well, she worked hard, but to what end? Maybe she was just taking up space from people who had real ambition. She was perfectly average and ambitionless, talentless. Maybe it was just teenage moodiness talking, though. She perked up a bit at the suggestion of lunch. "Ooh, yes, lunch," she agreed, taking a quick look at the shop Lexi pointed at. It seemed alright, not that Renata was especially picky. "You know I'll have to ask you to tell my future once you start training to be a seer, yes?"

Lexi had to admit that in Rens shoes, having someone from the very school you managed to escape from follow you as you tried to make a name for yourself somewhere new, was probably a tough pill to swallow. Maybe it would be weird for her if someone she knew was around her new life, tainting the very thing she’d saught out to separate. Thinking that he needed to drop his own Durmstrang attachments if he was going to minimise any attachments, he decided then and there that he wasn’t going to bring up his own school again, at least he wouldn’t until he knew for certain he wouldn’t be transferring. Until that moment he hasn’t even considered the repercussions of how Ren might have felt beyond glad that a pen pal a could be just.. well, a pal.

Lexi pulled open the door, nodding at her question and gesturing for the Hufflepuff to go first. He wasn’t sure where he’d gotten his manners from; it certainly hadn’t been his parents. They had others plans for him entirely. “What did your parents say when you asked to transfer?” He found himself asking, curious about the process. Moving inside the small cafe behind Ren, he realised just how ravenous he really was.

Renata quietly wondered if she'd said something wrong. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have Lexi at Hogwarts. It might actually be nice. She'd been enjoying the letters, and though she'd made a few friends it wasn't easy to transfer over. At least if he did there was someone she could relate to and hopefully would help him settle in until he met other people. She suspected he wouldn't end up in Hufflepuff, somehow. Maybe Slytherin or Ravenclaw. Even Gryffindor wasn't out of the realm of possibility. Not that she really knew what the hat would choose, nor was it worth speculating when nothing was set in stone. Still, she got the impression he'd just go for it since he'd travelled all the way over here to scope things out.

Renata paused for a moment at the question, fidgeting with her skirt as she thought best how to answer it. Renata was by no means a liar, it was just more a question of how much of the truth she was willing to give. "It, um, wasn't just my idea. My mum was, ah..." she paused, figuring she might as well just be honest. "My mum was going to move back to Italy and get me sent to Beauxbatons. New Zealand was a compromise, so we could all have a fresh start. But when we came here to have a look I really liked it, so that um, probably helped." She blinked a few times, putting a hand to her mouth in embarrassment. "I hadn't actually told anyone that before. Sorry, that was probably weird." She quickly looked away, clearing her throat. "What do your parents think about you wanting to move?"

The only thing Lexi knew about Beauxbatons was that they had a strong Quidditch team. Of course there were more schools than just the two they currently attended but for some reason they just didn’t really stand out in the Durmstrangs mind. He watched as Ren explained what had actually happened between her and her mum, and smiled widely when she seemed embarrassed, admitting she’d never said that before. “Well thank you for telling me.” He said, honestly pleased that she had. That meant they really were friends. “I can’t imagine you at Beauxbatons,” he mused, leading them over towards a table at the back of the cafe, “You’d make a fair beater, sure, travel internationally if that’s what you wanted, but you’re much too bold for a school like that,” Lexi slid into the booth with his back up against the wall.

“My parents?” He asked, looking up to her with a pause for a moment. If she had told the truth, he may as well too. “My parents are, hyper religious actually.” It wasn’t really something he liked to talk about, “They didn’t really want me going to a magical school in the first place, let alone one that practises dark arts. Best case situation they’d hope I follow their careers and take over the church once I graduate. One magical school is more or less like the other in their eyes, so,” he glanced away before finishing the sentence. It didn’t matter where he was, it would be highly disapproved of that he was seeking the knowledge he was anyway. “Not entirely sure my parents even trust me,” he admitted, although maybe the full story was for another day.

"Bold, me?" Renata practically squeaked, sliding into the booth opposite Lexi. "Hardly. I didn't even play beater in our first match. I played as a substitute chaser, missed a goal, and then the game ended." It ended in their favour, but still. "I can't imagine me at Beauxbatons either." She didn't think she would've fit in there. Not nearly elegant enough. And she wasn't sure if pale blue was really her colour at all. She was starting to get used to yellow, all things considered.

Renata listened carefully as Lexi spoke, surprised he was being so forthright but not unhappy about it. It was kind of nice to have someone open up to her in turn. She rested her elbows on the table, knowing it was probably impolite - another reason she wouldn't have fit in at Beauxbatons - and placed her chin on her hands, studying Lexi carefully. It was surprising to hear all of that. "Well, thank you for telling me," she replied, giving a reassuring smile. "You're pretty brave, you know? I don't think I could ever have done any of this if I was in your shoes." She looked away again, busying herself pouring them each a glass of water.

"Yes bold! Just because you haven't done something before doesn't mean you wouldn't be good at it." Lexi spoke, watching as Ren began to pour them both out some water, and picked up one of the menus from the table, idly casting his eyes over it while he continued to listen and think. "What do you want, Rennie? Like, what do you really want out of the next few years?" he was genuinely curious and felt as though Ren was the type of person that would hide her own abilities and strength until a time when they'd be needed, maybe even surprising herself.

Lexi glanced up and over the menu to see her resting comfortably on the table, clearly increasingly relaxed as they spoke. "You already did." Ren had already had the experience of moving, with coming to terms with her parents choices, making new sets of friends and fitting into a new community when roots had already begun to be made. "You're brave too," he shrugged, as though it was obvious. "You left a place you weren't happy in and you're already going after the things you want, otherwise you wouldn't be here." Lexi lifted the menu once more, "In New Zealand I mean, not here having lunch with me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back