Arriving at Hogwarts NZ

Professor Armstrong swiftly walked down the halls leading to his new office. His footsteps echoed in the large room with newly polished floors. The hospital wings walls were lined with two long rows of hospital beds with privacy screens on each side, the room was completely empty and no one in sight. Professor Armstrong flipped on a light switch and sat down in a straight back arm chair behind his new desk, taking a deep breath in thinking about the upcoming school year.

I_harry_potter_2_photograph.jpg

Sophia walked into the Hospital Wing, as she normally did when she had a bit of free time. She sighed with a bit for relief at seeing that the beds were all empty. As Sophia walked back to the office, she noticed that it, however, was not empty. She knocked on the door and opened it quietly, then spoke in a very polite voice. "I am sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering who you might be?"

Professor Armstrong was sitting peacefully at his desk reading a book of Charms of which he had brought from back home. Turning around in his seat he was taken back while seeing the young girl in the doorway, "Hello dear, you must be Sophia?" he looked her over. "Correct me if I'm wrong...My name is Professor Armstrong...but feel free to just call me Chris. I haven't gotten used to the whole "Professor" thing...makes me feel old." he said with a laugh, waiting for the girl to respond

Persephone had finished unpacking from her trip to the Apothecary in London and thought to welcome the new staff member. She hurried over to his office and was about to knock on the doorjamb when the toe of her sensible shoe caught on the floorboard and she tumbled facefirst into his office.

She stayed on the floor for a moment, mentally and wearily cursing herself for her clumsiness, then made to get up.

Sophia was just about to ask the Professor a question when a woman she had also never seen before came tumbling into the office, and Sophia had to jump out of the way to avoid being fallen on. "Are you all right?" she asked the woman, helping her up.

Persephone's cheeks burned with embarrassment as she accepted the help offered to her. She got up, brushed off her robes and smiled wryly at the girl.

"I'm okay,"she said wearily, "I'm used to taking a dive now and again." She cleared her throat.

"I'm Nurse Archimedis," Perse said, extending her hand to the girl.

Professor Armstrong saw the women fall through the door way. Jumping at surprise his eyes widened, hoping that she was okay. He immediately got up and helped her up by the arm..."Uh oh" he said in a concerned voice. "Are you okay?" he gave her a warm smile with his big blue eyes and sat her down

Sophia shook the woman's hand with a firm grasp, a very serious look on her face. "I am Sophia Stark. I have been helping out around the Hospital Wing." After releasing Nurse Achimedis's hand, Sophia turned back to Professor Armstrong. "Yes, you are correct in assuming me to be Sophia. You said you were Professor Armstrong? What do you teach?"

"It's very nice to meet you, Sophia. I've been away for a bit, collecting supplies at the London Apothecary and attending the latest INA meeting. Those can be quite a pain, as I'm sure you know,"she addressed the last sentence towards the new nurse. She smiled at him and introduced herself.

Leaning over to Sophia he shook her hand and gave her a warm smile "Well, it's nice to meet you Sophia. I taught DADA at Hogwarts in England for the past 6 years, but decided to help around here because I've heard about the short on nurses and I've studied this feild." he gave Sophia a look to see if she understood

Looking over at Persephone, he shook her hand. She looked young merely around his age and found her quite appealing. "It's a pleasure to meet you Persephone" he said with a smile

Chris drew his attention back to Sophia "What house are you in Sophia?" he said, quite interested

Sophia took Professor Armstrong's hand and shook it with a firm grasp, a very serious look set on her sharp features. "I am in Slytherin," she stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I'm sorry to burst in, I just wanted to say hi. Nice to meet you,"she said, her cheeks flushing, she went out the door with a hurried wave.

Professor Armstrong waved goodbye to the woman who had stumbled into his office a few moments before saying goodbye, and was a little surprised with how quickly she had left. "Oh, okay...well, feel free to stumble in here whenever you please" he said with a wink and a warm grin "You take care of yourself, Persephone" he said with a friendly wave while watching here walk out..

Chris directed his attention back over to Sophia once Persephone had left the room, "Ah! A fellow Slytherin...back at Hogwarts England, I was too a Slytherin." he said with an a matter-of-factly like tone to match hers

Sophia watched in silence as Nurse Archimedis left, then turning her golden eyes back to Professor Armstrong. She was a bit surprised to find out that he was also a Slytherin, but it was a happy surprise. A hint of a smug smile curled onto the corners of her lips. "Really, a Slytherin? Well, I really should be going, I have some other things to attend to. I am certain that we will be seeing each other often, but for now, good day Professor." Sophia gave the Professor a curt nod before turning and walking out of the office, then heading out of the Hospital Wing.

"Well, Slytherin is definetly the way to go" he said with a wink. "Okay then Sophia, I will be seeing you very soon then? It will be great to have a student assistant around" he said with a grin.
Professor Armstong was one of the younger staff members on Hogwarts grounds and had seemed to be making himself known to students quite quickly. He just seemed to understand them in a different level for being closer to their age.
"Take care until then! See yous soon, Sophia" he waved goodbye to the girl and sat back in his comfy chair near the fire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back