Aroha May Jennings

Aroha Jennings

Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
aroha.jpg
Aroha May Jennings ; i need no more healing, for i can't stop the bleeding.

the basics:
full name- Aroha May Jennings
nickname- n/a
birthdate- 8th June 2011
wand- Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
blood status- mixedblood
sexual orientation- straight
relationship status- taken
educated at- Hogwarts New Zealand
hogwarts house- Gryffindor
year- thirdyear
years attended- 2023-2030
favourite colour- Pale Blue
heart songs- Golden Ship by Gin Wigmore, Dying Day also by Gin Wigmore.
family members- Tess Lillis (Aunt), David Mayfield (Uncle), Riley Lillis (cousin), Olive Mayfield (cousin), Benny Lillis (cousin) ; [click for family tree]

appearance:
hair- Naturally, Aroha has thick, pale brown hair with a slight wave to it. But currently she is bald, a result of her medication. Aroha wears a woollen beanie to keep her head warm.
eyes- Aroha's eyes are a piercing blue colour.
height- She is short for her age, but not by much.
style- Aroha dresses warm and comfortable, but still fashionable.
other distinguishing features- n/a

history in a nutshell:
Aroha grew up in the small town of Kurow, living with her Grandmother. She lived as a muggle, and had a large group of friends. She was a bright, bubbly girl right from the start. Aroha knew about magic as soon as she was old enough to talk. Aroha was still 10 when she got her letter from Hogwarts, and was desperate to go. Aroha got her wish and was excited to start school there in September 2023. She didn't get of to the best start; being unable to make many friends, missing home, and being chucked headfirst into the world of her dead parents didn't really help, and she became more brooding and miserable. After a disasterous incident at the cliffs, Aroha decided that the world didn't need to be exposed to her problems, and utilised years of drama classes to her advantage. Soon enough the acting turned into reality, and Aroha was cheerful once more. In March 2024 Aroha met Mikkie Rogers, and they soon became a couple. In this month Aroha also faced bullying from several Slytherins, and became more cautious of who she associated with. Needless to say she avoided them, but realized that not all Slytherins were bad; there was that one that tried to help her. In the winter holidays, Aroha met her family that her now dead grandmother had worked so hard to keep her away from and moved to Canada with them. In December 2025, Aroha bought a kitten and named it Charlie. He became a close companion for her nights spent studying, and a safeguard, for Aroha had been feeling very sick lately and didn't want to collapse and be forgotten. In March 2025 she was in her dormitory with him, and decided that she was too sick to remain ignorant. She needed to establish what was wrong, so went to the hospital wing to find a nurse. The nurse became slightly concerned after she collapsed, and Aroha was later transferred to St Mungos, where it was discovered that she had Leukemia. She spent the rest of her Second Year crossing between St Mungos and her home in Canada, having treatment but to no avail. Before her Third Year, Aroha was put onto an experimental potion, and she was able to return to Hogwarts. She took up a small two room dorm, and the other bed was quickly filled by her friend Imogen Day. The pair both had had a rough holiday, but weren't immediately prepared to tell the other. Aroha was determined to make all her lessons, and started off the year doing her best. On the first Saturday of term, Aroha met Briar Rowan and Siddalee Simon in the commonroom.

important roleplays:
I got fight in these roses --Aroha has been tramping in the freezing Huxley Valley, and now she's heading to the supermarket to buy her family lunch. [NZ]

medical history:
health status- fighting Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
since- 11th December 2024
treatments- she has been on an experimental potion with effects similar to that of continuous radiation therapy since the 27th March 2025
hospital visits- Aroha spent Christmas 2024 in St Mungos, and was discharged two days before term was due to start again. At this point the healers had taken various tests but were unsure what was wrong. In March 2025 Aroha was admitted to St Mungos again after collapsing at school, and the healers confirmed that it was leukemia.</COLOR>

<COLOR color="black">[Biography design my own]
<i>
</i>​
<i>
</i>

when i was born:
my name- my full name is Aroha May Jennings.

behind my names-
Aroha; Aroha is Maori for love.
May; Derived from the name of the month of May, which derives from Maia, the name of a Roman goddess. May is also another name of the hawthorn flower. It is also used as a diminutive of Mary, Margaret or Mabel.
Jennings; This interesting surname, is of early medieval English origin, although later strongly associated with both Wales and Ireland. Recorded in the spellings of Jennings, Jennins and Jennens, it is a patronymic. It derives from the given name Janyn or Jenyn, a diminutive of the personal name John, and meaning "Little John". John itself derives from the Hebrew name "Yochanan", meaning "Jehovah has favoured (me with a son)". The patronymic surname which in this case means "the son of Little John", dates back to the late 13th Century (see below), "John" being a 12th century Crusader introduction. Soldiers of the crusades returning from the Holy Land, gave to their children and specifically sons, Hebrew and Greek names as a reminder of the fathers "pilgrimage". These "English" personal names which later became surnames, include such examples as Thomas, Isaac, Abraham, and many others. In this case early recordings include Walter Jannes and Richard Janyns in the Subsidy Rolls of Worcestershire of 1327, and Thomas Jenyn, in the charter rolls of 1428 known as "Inquisitions and Assessments relating to Feudal Aids". Elizabeth, the daughter of Thomas Jennyns, was christened on August 9th 1544, at St. Pancras', Soper Lane, London, and Jeffrey Jennings was christened on August 24th 1561, at St. Dunstans in the East, London. Among the namebearers in the "Dictionary of National Biography" is Sir Patrick Alfred Jennings (1831 - 1896), who was Premier of New South Wales. He was born in Newry, Ireland, and emigrated to the gold fields of Victoria in 1852, before moving to New South Wales in 1863. The first recorded spelling of the family name is shown to be that of Roger Jonyng, which was dated 1296, in the Subsidy Rolls of the county of Sussex, during the reign of King Edward 1, known as "The Hammer of the Scots", 1272 - 1307. Surnames became necessary when governments introduced personal taxation. In England this was known as Poll Tax. Throughout the centuries, surnames in every country have continued to "develop" often leading to astonishing variants of the original spelling.</COLOR></SIZE>
<SIZE size="50"><COLOR color="black">middlename meaning from behind the name, thanks!
surname meaning from surname database, thanks!
<i>
</i><i></i>​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back