Arguing: The Romance Language

Prudence Armstead

OOC First Name
Nichole
The holidays were the best way for Prudence to relax before going back to school for more intense training. The bottle-blonde woman sat on a bench in the harbor, with a cup of hot cocoa in her hands, her name written neatly on the white rim - spelled incorrectly as always. She didn't mind too much though, as the warmth it emmited and fragrent steam that floated from it was enough to please her. Prue, happy as she could be in that moment, sighed contently, blue orbs closed to take in the scents around her of the crisp air. The woman had taken to coming out and observing those whom walked the harbors, she enjoyed it thoroughly. She'd recently even come out just to write to Tomas, whom she'd not seen in some time.

The girl's eyes watched people walk by before landing on the form of a familiar boy - and searching for another. The twins always traveled together, why were they separate now? Prue, whom had at least become friends she thought with Asa, and knew of Macy, called out. "Arlett." Unsure of which one it was. She waited for them to see her, before waving them over. Company was always welcome - especially if it was with an intellectual whom could stimulate a small conversation with her.

Asa was here just as always. Obsidian Harbour was nice enough, though he was sure he would enjoy it more with Macy - but with his better half off sick, there was little that the Slytherin could do. He wasn't one to be a hermit, and had to get out and about even if it killed him. So, his first stop was to get something warm to drink, and he did just that. His name was easy enough, (who could misspell Arlett?) and he held the cup in his hands, blowing on the hot steam that escaped through the top slowly, before looking around to find who had called out his last name. Naturally, he assumed they were calling him - he was rarely called Asa (or Macy), and often others referred to them by their last name for simplicities sake. The girl with the wild hair - Prudence, a Gryffindor in the year above him, seemed to be the culprit. His lips curled slightly upon recognising her, and he approached her swiftly, before sitting down and dropping his chai latte to the table.

"Hello there, Prudence," he greeted, giving her a miniature salute. He was slightly more outgoing than his brother, though he wasn't sure if she would pick up the subtle mannerism differences they had. "See they spelt your name wrong." He turned his cup to show his last name to her. "Surprised they didn't get that wrong either. So, what brings you here? Airing out your mane?"​

The man who approached was Asa, there was no doubt. It was almost obvious to Prue where others failed to notice. His face was slimmer, he may have seemed a bit shorter, but when they were together he carried himself taller, with more confidence. It was something that Prue found more appealing in friends - one of the reasons Viviana (Saveli's friend) was an annoyance to the brunette. She gave her own small grin to the blonde and held up her cup. "Why they think it's spelled with an e after the u is beyond me." She commented, eyeballing his. "Gimmie." She spoke, moving to reach into her purse and grab a pen, which she used to write by his last name a s and a c. Scarlett.

Chuckling she packed the pen away. "Don't be jealous of my mane. I hope I keep it in my animagus form." She said wistfully, glancing to her side once to watch a couple walk by. "So how is your break? And where is Macy?" She asked, revealing that she did indeed know he was Asa.

Asa remained slack in his chair as she took the liberty of 'correcting' his last name. His eyes were trained on the implement used the entire time though - a pen - something that he knew of, but had never actually taken the time to use. They were curious little things, and always struck him as more efficient to use, but still, he had never taken the time to try or buy one. It clicked one last time and his chai latte was returned to him, and he read it. "Scarlett, how fitting," he replied quietly, taking a sip and looking back to her.

"I'm not jealous of the mane." His hand flicked lazily at the abundance of hair. He was sure she had to brush it regularly - otherwise it would surely be worse than it already was. "Although it is a huge part of who you are - literally. It must weigh a kilo." He took another pause for another sip, and hummed quietly at the delicious taste, before resettling into his chair a little better, now with further intentions on staying. "My break's been okay. Same-same. Macy's gone and become sick or something, sure he'll be fine. How's your break been? Made any Slytherins cry yet?"​

Prudence let out a chuckle. "I thought so, with those big baby blues and your part-Veela status, you could probably charm any man." She spoke dramatically, before leaning back in her seat and dusting a few hairs off her dark colored jeans. She took a drink of her own beverage, "Ow..." She muttered, touching a hand to her lip which now burned. She needed to be more patient, she knew, but it wasn't in her nature.

She watched him flick her hair and narrowed her own blue eyes. "Don't touch the merchandise, kid." She mocked him, gently smacking at his hand. "It does not weigh a kilo, only like 3/4 of one anyways." She remarked with equal sarcasm. It was only a moment later that she sipped at the drink again and took the burn silently, it was worth it for the sugary goodness of the hot chocolate. She then smiled a bit at his reference. "No, I've not yet, would you like me to change that." She referred to him obviously, rather sure of her capabilities.

Asa fluttered his eyes in response, though he really didn't have any powers. It was somewhat unfair being male, whilst he knew that females could have the awesome powers. He just had pretty genes, and nothing more. Having a pretty face, however, did always come in handy, he was sure, especially once he was out in the 'real world'. He snorted as she burnt herself with her own beverage, and plucked the cup from her hands, and brought it a few inches from his own lips. "Try blowing on it first," he said quietly, giving a gentle blow to the steam escaping through the lid of the cup, and returning it. "Also helps to try and not skull it, I find." But then again, patience was never the art his Gryffindor friend learnt. In comparison, his own patience was by far superior.

He returned to short laughter as he was smacked away, and took a sip of his drink in order to tame himself. With his elbows now on the table, he cupped his own cheeks in an attempt to personify horror. "Ooooooh, do try, Freckles. I'm interested to see how bad you'll fail."​

Prudence cracked a smile, and let out a loud laugh at his fluttering lashes. "Be still my beating heart, I'm in love." She said before making a false gagging noise at him, looking through her own thick, brown lashes. Watching steam travel from the cup to her face from his gentle blowing only made her roll her orbs. What a charmer. "Instant gratification my friend, a Gyffindor's favorite thing." She then took a big swig in an attempt to look rather impressive - only to find her eyes burn with hot tears and her mouth become singed as she swallowed. Anything for showmanship, she thought.

"You look like an old painting when you do that." She spoke to him with a hint of real sarcasm. "I don't think I can make you cry the same way I can my sister. Unless your parents have dumped you in an orphanage recently." She spoke dully. "Besides, she had it coming." The woman reminded Asa - having already told him that Saveli had talked about her father's whom were both dearly departed.

Asa snorted at her, and laughed with her at a joke that quite commonly worked its way into their conversations. It became clear to him early on that they both enjoyed poking at each other, and he was very willing to continue with that - it was, after all, what he looked for in friendship, really. He could be rather cruel during conversation, but it was all in good fun. Not his fault people were touchy. "Ahh, of course. Gryffindor's are no brains and all brawn. So inelegant you are." He stuck his tongue out, really not subscribing to the typicality of the houses - after all, he knew some stupid Slytherins.

He chuckled, and retracted the expression to replace it with bliss as he had another sip of his beverage. "Probably not. I'm not easily brought to tears. I'm also not a little b!tch, so that might have something to do with it. Who knows? You could always call me a half-breed!"​

Prudence raised a brown eyebrow into her hairline at his comment. "We have brains, just not as much as Ravenclaws. At least we aren't known for sliding around on our bellies like snakes." She teased back, completely prepared to have an insult war with someone who she understood as much as Asa. After all the quips among friends were not meant for truly hurting feelings, but rather for sports - and so long as he didn't comment on her deceased family there would be no feelings hurt inside the Gyffindor.

Prue nearly spit out her drink at his remark of being called half-breed. "What good would that do me? I'm a muggleborn for christ's sake!" She laughed once more and then looked at the steam rising from her cup before taking a drink. "Besides." She spoke carefully. "I could always just take your play toy from you. Viviana right? The one you stood up at Yule? Then subsequently got angry when she had a date." The Gryffindor's blue eyes glanced sideways, a knowing smirk on her face - harassing him with the small amount of knowledge she had from Saveli and what she saw.

Asa smiled slightly, blowing more steam from his cup and taking a long sip. "Better than making mistakes and getting our manes burnt for them, you know," he responded finally. The house analogies were silly, but fun to make, even though they rarely made sense - Asa looked nothing like a snake - but admittedly, Prue did look like she was growing into a male lion with their hair of hers.

He laughed along with her, although it really wouldn't be the first time that he would receive an insult based on blood by muggle-borns - after all, to them at least they were completely human, whilst he was considered part bird of all things. He shook his head at the thought, finding it ridiculous and sipped his beverage. He shrugged when she mentioned Viviana, as not only did he not particularly care whether she was taken or not, he didn't quite see how Prue would be able to do as she threatened. "You can have her, if you like. She's rather boring, actually. Plenty more things to occupy my time with, you know." Like, literally anything, really.​

There was a small stutter in Shiloh's steps as he finally located his niece in the harbor. His dark eyes focused on the two young bodies that were sitting ever so close and laughing together. He then watched the blonde she sat by take the drink from his niece and blow steam off it, before handing it back to her. Was this Nate? Had then been meaning to spend the day together behind his back. The man watched the two of them, trying to pick up on conversation, but he was too far away. Besides that he was becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the situation, being non-magical surrounded by magic.

Finally Shiloh approached, hands in the pockets of his dark, skinny jeans. The man was out of trends but didn't mind much if he were honest. He didn't get out enough for most people to notice. As he approached behind Prudence he gave a slight cough. "Prue, we need to go." He shot a look at the blonde, a glare if anything else, but then softly looked back at his young ward.

Prudence couldn't help but watch the steam that danced from his cup, and then look to his lips, and finally his eyes. On his comment of her mane she flipped it back as if to be defensive with it, it was a great asset she thought, Nate seemed to at least, he'd never complained of it. There was something so great, thought Prue, about having a friend like Asa. While they weren't overly close, he knew that she could go to him when she just wanted a conversation with someone intellectual.

Prudence had been about to respond to his comment on Viviana when she heard a familiar baritone interrupt their conversation. "Shiloh!" she remarked with surprise, before jumping away from Asa and standing in a hurry. It wasn't as if anything was going on between the two teens, however Shiloh tended to be a disaster thinker. "I'll see you around, Asa, I've gotta go." She spoke, pointing to her uncle, sure the boy would completely understand. The woman leaned forward and gave the boy a one armed hug, as a way to say good bye that was very common for her. It was sad to leave a friend when they were only just beginning to have fun, but if she stayed any longer, Shiloh would become upset - and thus Prudence left his side with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back