Are you really?

Blaine Matthias

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 13" Unyielding Hawthorn Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Blaine Matthias proudly walked up to the professor's office. He heard rumors that this man was gay, and Blaine was curious. He wanted to know. Blaine had this look in his eyes. He was up to something. He walked up to the door, and he knocked on the door with his fist. "Professor Summers? I need to talk to you! I have to ask you a question." Blaine was really excited to maybe learn something like that. He wondered what being like that was. It was really bad within his family. So, he was interested. Blaine was one of those that was curious, but never in that way. So, that was why he was here. He wanted to know what it was like. If it was like him and Zinaida or something. Blaine stood outside the door, waiting for him to answer or tell him to enter or come in.

Aeon Summers was not a man who particularly enjoyed spending his free time grading students essays. When he'd dreamed of becoming a professor in his youth, after ditching the auror idea, he hadn't thought about all of the work that was necessary to do outside of the classroom. So he let himself find distractions, anything to put off the boring repetition of grading. Today however, the distraction wasn't so hard to find. The wizard stood by the side of his desk, staring into the reflection of the mirror that hung along the wall. As would be assumed, he was staring back from inside, only it wasn't himself. He looked different. Aeon brought a hand slowly up to his face, fingertips touching the corner of his eye, one that had once been as blue as the sky but now looked to be a bright gold. "What the fuuu-." He whispered, drawing out the last word until it was interrupted by a knock at the door.

Turning from the mirror, Summers looked quizzically toward the door, unsure of who it could be. He had no animagus lessons with Prue for the day, and Esmè hadn't said she was stopping by. It might have been Kida showing up unannounced again, but she hardly bothered to knock. "Come in?" He called out, the door already left unlocked.

Blaine heard the magic words, and opened the door to see the former Gryffindor with his own eyes. He entered the office and closed the door behind him. Blaine did not know how to approach this, but he thought that he could really figure it out. He approached the man when he seemed confused. He wondered if it was related to his sexuality or something. Blaine decided to be bold, "So, rumors are going around and I had to ask. Are you g-" Blaine suddenly stopped when he saw the professor's eyes. Blaine narrowed his eyes toward the professor. That eye color was not originally that. He would have noticed this before. It was the Matthias gene. Or Hensel. Whatever. It was all the same. Blaine placed his arms over his chest, before he debated on asking who the hell this boy really was. Blaine fell into an awkward silence. This was awkward even for him, but he started to wonder. Did his dad have an affair?

Well, his dad did spill about this one affair but the woman was a Winters or something. Not a Summers. Blaine placed his hands on the professor's desk before he stated, "Professor, ignore my last question that I didn't finish. I think that either my dad has some explaining to do, because that eye color is strictly within my family." Blaine couldn't remember when his dad was not around for a while, but it was before he was born. How many siblings did he really have out there?

The boy who entered was not on the mental list of people Aeon had expected to see in his office. At times, students from his class would come to him if they needed help with an essay or spell, but that itself was infrequent, and narrowed down only to first, second, third and fourth years. The boy, whom he did not think he'd ever taught, was a lot older than that. A sixth year, he thought. Blaise? Blaine? He only knew of him as a Ravenclaw prefect. Further confused, the animagus watched as the kid stepped so confidently towards him, only to stop dead after getting out barely more than a sentence. Summers leaned back against his desk, looking at the prefect quizzically. "Am I...?" He prompted, but was met with silence. It was an uncomfortable situation, and he felt as if he were being scrutinized, like some sort of exotic animal on display at the local zoo, but he said nothing more until the student found his voice again.

Once Blaine had finished speaking, the situation only become more bizarre. Aeon had no idea what the boy was talking about, or why he'd even stopped by in the first place. He'd mentioned how his eye colour was strictly within his family, and now that he took the time to focus on it, Summers noticed that Blaine too, had the same golden eyes he'd suddenly manifested. Or maybe he'd had them all along. While his eyes had been blue as a child, a faint golden ring had encircled the pupil, which was fairly normal. Eyes didn't generally tend to be one solid colour. What wasn't normal was the fact that the blue had faded to reveal the pure gold underneath. "Um." Aeon started, not sure of what to say. "It's a somewhat...recent addition. Are you sure it's just your family? It could just as well be a mutation, or a potion someone's slipped into my butterbeer." He rubbed at his eyes, as if that would make them suddenly change back. "I'm sure it'll go away eventually. I don't know what you're suggesting, but I know who both of my parents are." Even as he said it, he knew he couldn't have been entirely sure of that. He looked more like his mother than his father, and both had blonde hair and blue eyes.

There was a lot of things that Blaine was thinking right now, and seeing the professor like this was not one of them. The professor looked as though he didn't know what to say, and it was true. Someone demanding something like this was a little on the strange side. He narrowed his golden pupils at the man. It was recent? So, whatever happened just wore off. "Someone could have slipped a potion into your butterbeer as a prank, but it would be one strange prank, don't you agree, professor." Blaine shrugged his shoulders when he said that he knew who his parents were. Blaine knew his too, but that didn't stop his dad from sleeping around with other women, which involved in his divorce. Blaine said almost with a snarky tone, "Yeah, and all married couples are faithful. Just saying. I'd ask your mom or dad. Whoever you look the most alike. If a Matthias or Hensel name pops up, you know where to find me anyway." Blaine was wanting to know what happened, but he knew that he would get no answer here. All questions to ask about what sexuality the professor was out the window. So, Blaine turned and walked out of the office, wondering if his hunch was correct.

The wizard had to agree that even if it was a prank, as unlikely as it was, it definitely was an odd one. Unless it had been a potion brewed with another specific outcome, but created incorrectly and producing an odd side effect. Who knew? But, with the course of time that his eyes had changed, it seemed drastically unbelievable that it was any kind of magical backfire or something similar from a student's attempt at a joke. Aeon shrugged his shoulders in response to the question, silently agreeing as his mind tried to find logical reason, but came up blank.

Despite the hint of snarkiness in the student's voice, Summers didn't take offence to his words. He couldn't argue with him, given the situation between his mother and father, he couldn't say with 100% certainty that neither of them had an affair. The more he reflected on it, the less he saw of them ever actually being in love, it seemed more like a tolerance of each other. "No harm in bringing it up, I suppose. I'll keep those names in mind." Summers responded, waiting for the boy to leave before he could wave the door closed. It clicked shut and the lock fell into place, barring any further entry. He had a lot to think about and an owl to send. He didn't want to be distracted for the rest of the day, hoping to get to the bottom of this bizarre turn of events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back