Are communal meals always this cool?

Kyle Cavanaugh

OOC First Name
Khushi
Wand
Ebony Wand 15 Essence of Phoenix Talon
A week had gone by and Hogwarts had started to grow on this young Gryffindor. Kyle was no longer missing home instead he was enjoying the little work he had to do like making his bed every morning which he never did at home thanks to all the servants his dad had hired. Kyle walked out of the shower glad that he finally had the chance of living like all the other kids did and no one thought of him as a rich brat anymore. He checked his reflection in the mirror and smiled as he pushed up his black glasses on his nose. It was Sunday and he was not feeling like wearing lenses today, he just wanted a casual look. Kyle had been trained to wearing lenses as much as he could in order for him to look presentable but he wanted people at Hogwarts to know him for how he liked to be and not how his father liked to present him to other businessmen.

Kyle ran a comb through his damp hair and walked out of his dormitory and the Gryffindor common room. He was heading down to the Great Hall to have some breakfast. As it was a Sunday today, Kyle expected to meet other Gryffindor first years and have a decent chat with them. In his one week at Hogwarts he had so far met Indiana, Biutin, Lillian and knew some other first years from face but he hoped to have more chance to socialize.

Entering the Great Hall, he noticed that only a few older students were seated on the Gryffindor table. He smiled at the Qudditch captain because he knew her since he had tried out for Seeker and Chaser yesterday at the pitch but then his smile fell. He wondered if the other first years were planning to sleep in. He sat down at the far end of the table and served himself a toast and looked at a some first year kids at the other house table debating on whether or not, he should go join them.

Grant had been awoken at 6 o'clock that sunday morning by his tiny elf owl, sarcastically named Beast, pecking at his ear with a letter from his father. He'd meant to write to him the previous day, to let him know that he was settling in well and loving life at Hogwarts and it'd completely slipped his mind. Feeling bad, he'd gotten up to send a reply straight back.
After that he had been unable to get back to sleep and decided that instead he'd head out for a nice early morning run. It was raining lightly, but Grant found it refreshing and he done a good lap of the entire grounds before returning to his dorm to shower up and change for breakfast.

Now rid of the stench of sweat and dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans, a white polo shirt and green trainers, Grant made his was down to the Great Hall, his stomach rumbling tremendously, humming happily to himself. Grant loved his grub and had been greatly enjoying the buffet style meal times. On approach to the Gryffindor table, his eyes scanned it for any fellow first years. There weren't many students there at all and most of them looked to be older, but Grant spotted one of his room mates, Kyle, sitting alone. Plopping himself down across from the other Gryffindor, Grant flashed him a cheery smile. "Morning, don't mind if I join you, do you?" he asked politely, hoping Kyle would have no objections. They'd exchanged friendly conversation a few times in the dorm but never more than that. Grant hadn't yet made himself any proper friends at the school, he'd been pretty wound up in being all amazed at the place. His excitement at being there hadn't yet died down and he wasn't expecting that it would anytime soon. After being so excited, anxious and eager to get there he definitely hadn't been disappointed, he found Hogwarts New Zealand fascinating and after a week felt completely at home there.

Kyle nibbled on his toast eying the other first year groups and he was deeply debating his chances on being accepted at another table therefore when another young Gryffindor was walking towards the far end of the table where Kyle was seated he did not notice. However when he heard the familiar sound he was brought back to his senses as he saw the cheery smile of his dorm mate, Grant Wills. Kyle grinned as Grant's question made sense in his head and the young Gryffindor spoke enthusiastically "Not at all. I would be glad to have some company."

Kyle shared the first year Gryffindor boys dormitory with a couple of other boys he had however not got the chance to know them quite well due to their first week at this magical school being filled with new discoveries, places left unexplored and meeting new people. Kyle was glad to have this chance so he asked Grant hoping to start a conversation "Have you been up for long?". When Kyle had got up only two or three boys were still asleep and everybody seemed to have gotten up before him. Kyle did not mind that very much because here at Hogwarts he finally had the liberty of waking up late on Sundays, something that his father, Patrick Cavanaugh would never allow him to do at home.

Grant grinned again as Kyle said he'd be glad of some company, and he sat himself down across from the boy. His stomach growled in appreciation as he filled his plate with sausages, scrambled egg, beans and fried tomatoes.
Taking a mouthful, he swallowed and washed it down with some pumpkin juice before answering Kyle's question. "I've been up since six" He told him, "Couldn't get back to sleep, so I went for a run around the grounds". He realized he'd probably seem like a bit of a freak. It was a sunday morning after all, the day meant for sleeping in and lazing around. Though if it hadn't been for Beast, he'd probably still be snoring away in his four poster as they spoke!
"How about you?" he asked in return, peppering his tomatoes and egg and reaching down the table for some ketchup for his sausages.

As Rose walked down the many stairs to the Great Hall she couldn't help yawning. Once again she had awoken at some hour in the morning covered in sweat and breathing heavily.She was getting really annoyed and worried about the stupid nightmares that she could never remember.That was what annoyed her the most,the fact she couldn't remember why she was so scared.The fact that she was awoken most nights was also annoying.She didn't like yawning during class and barely being able to keep her eyes open.Hogwarts was something she had been looking forward to since she was six years of age and stupid nightmares weren't going to stop her enjoying the first week of her school or the first month anyways.She was glad it was Sunday and she had no classes.Plus she only had to walk down the stairs and probably after breakfast she would be more awake and would be able to cope with the long way up to the Gryffindor common room.

She walked into the Great Hall and smiled at the smell of comforting food.The smell woke her up slightly and she rubbed her eyes as she made her way to the Gryffindor table.It was early she knew that.There were very few people in the hall.The Gryffindor table was practically empty but Rose being as tired as she was sat in between to people who seemed to be in a conversation but Rose hadn't noticed she was so tired.It was only when she was sitting down that she realized when she had done "Mon Dieu! "Se exclaimed getting out between the quickly "I'm so sorry!"She said looking at the two.

Kyle took some butter and spread it on his toast and continued to eat it. He heard his roommate say about being up since six. Kyle couldn't help but feel that Grant must be thinking that he, Kyle was lazy bones as he woke up so late.Feeling a need to explain, Kyle spoke "I just woke up half an hour ago. Back home sleeping late on Sunday was never allowed as my dad always needed me to do some activity." The smell of the omelet did nothing but increase his appetite some more and the young Gryffindor served himself some and ate.

"Running is great, always good exercise. I love flying more though" he said with a grin. "Or swimming or horse riding, that's what my father and I did on Sundays" he told Kyle as he sprinkled some salt on his omelet.Just then a young girl came and was positioning herself to seat between Grant and him. Taken by a little surprise, Kyle chuckled as he watched the familiar looking girl whom he remembered to have seen in classes and the common room. She clearly looked like she was not a morning person. "It's no problem. You can seat with us if you want" said Kyle trying to be nice. He hoped Grant would not mind the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back