Not open for further replies.

Dominik Perrie

OOC First Name
Lovi
Sexual Orientation
deciding
Wand
Curly 16 Inch Unyielding Applewood Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
I took a quick glance at the archives to see if this had be suggested at all. I didn't see anything, but my skim reading sucks. Anyways, has there ever been the suggestion of having a "Application Preview" for when apps are closed, but you still want to work on and prep applications while they are closed. It could be where the form still comes up, but you will not be able to submit it, and a little note above it stating that apps are closed and for the reason. It could even be a picture you click on to enlarge. But, this is just a suggestion, and if you need more clarification, just ask.

Hi Lovi,

Thank you for the suggestion. However, when applications are closed, we would like them to be closed all around. We only close applications for two reasons- sorting and when our own RLs are preventing both of us from catching up with what is already pending our reply. The former happens on a very strict schedule which is clearly noted on the calendar and the latter happens infrequently and happens with advance notice provided in the BWU.

Having applications open for preview and working on when they're meant to be closed will inevitably lead to the admin being bombarded with applications when they re-open rather than the trickle in that currently happens, which is much more helpful to us maintaining our footing on applications and other aspects of the site. For this reason, we will not be implementing this suggestion. The questions are fixed and haven't changed in ages though, so if you are thinking of submitting an application and are aware that we will be closing apps and would really like to work on your application while they're closed, you can feel free to jot those questions down in a document and work on them during your free time.

~Cyndi

Thanks for the response Cyndi! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back