Apples and Oranges

Amaryllis Loncar

OOC First Name
Brittany
Wand
Eucalyptis, 13 ½”, Mermaid Scale.
Amaryllis had found herself rather lonely at Hogwarts since her girlfriend's graduation and had only really spoken to one other gilr by the name of Avrille. Since then the Slytherin girl had become immersed in her studies, desperate to become a Professor of some sort once she finally graduated from the Wizarding school. After finishing off a potions essay the eighteen year old travelled to the North Tower to send a couple of owls, she hadn't made much of an effort to stay in touch with her girlfriend or her brother, and the guilt was beginning to catch up on her and effect her spare time. With her peacock quill and a two fresh parchments she settled down in the Slytherin common room, she was only now beginning to truly appreciate her house and the snakes the graced it, she pulled her robes tightly around her slim frame and began to write in her cursive scrawl.</FONT></COLOR>
<FONT font="Times New Roman">
Bubalub: said:
Sorry I haven't written in a while, I'm sure I don't need to explain to you how hectic seventh year is! You've been there, done that, got the teeshirt and all that. I have been missing you so much, no more stealing kisses in the hallways, I still turn corner expecting you to jump out and kiss me. But I am so itching for you to tell me how amazing New York is, and your new job, and how much you miss me! Hogwarts is such a drag lately without you around, luckily I have had so much homework or I would be dying of bordeom, oh wait...

I still have no idea what I am going to do when I am finally free, becoming a Professor seems like something I would enjoy, but right now all I can think about is running around the world and tasting what freedom truly is. Maybe do some cheerleading for your team, how rad would that be? (Did I just say rad? See, this place is getting to me, come save me!) Whe do I get to see your team play, huh? I bet you look pretty hot in the Quidditch uniform!

Better go hit the books,
Love Minnie.
<COLOR color="#000">
Lark said:
Baby Brother, why have you not sent me any owls?

Let me guess, you met some girl and now family comes second? Well, I suppose I am equally to blame with putting my girlfriend first. But down to business, how are you and your ancient Grannie room mates? And Laelia too, I hope you have been looking after her as well as I have been looking after Zo, I still can't believe we are both in Slytherin, makes it easier for me to keep an eye on her though. I don't want to be too clingy or anything, but I feel like I have to protect her from everything, it will be hard to leave her when I graduate, but when I do I should really come home and see the family, I feel bad for avoiding you all, it isn't on purpose.

Tell me everything! I want to know it all, met any girls? Got up to any mischief, I know something must have happened in your little life since I last saw you. As for mine, I have been studying, hard. I know, me, studying? I usually just wing it, but this year is quite hard, I just want a good job so badly. Those Slytherin ambitions are kicking in at full force. Write back soon okay, don't lose this in your dorm like I expect you to. Well, my dorm is far messier than I think yours ever could be actually.

Love you Larkspurrr.
Amaryllis

Jennifer found that she could be surrounded by people at any moment of her day, with games, practices, publicity and just living with her two best friends - one actually had the exact same hours as she did. But there was something missing in her life and that was her beautiful girlfriend, Amaryllis. Even if she knew that she would be equally as busy with schooling, Jenn couldn't help but feel hurt that the letters she wrote were not returned. So when she was sitting on her bed, looking at a picture of herself and Amaryllis, smiling sadly she heard a screech of an owl from her window. Immediately Jenn hopped off her bed, hoping it wouldn't be more fan-mail because even if it was a great feeling that so many people looked up to her and liked her skill as a chaser for the Harpies, she really wanted a letter from someone more familiar. As she saw the letter was addressed to 'Bubalub' she knew immediately who it was and her smile widened and read through it quickly. Picking up a scrap of parchment paper and a quill that was laying on top of it and wrote in her always messy hand before sending it off to her girlfriend.

Minnie! I've missed you terribly. I think that when the Christmas holidays come I might just steal you away and you won't ever be able to leave. Actually, forget the 'might' it is what I am going to do so I never have to miss you again, beautiful. When is the next Brightstone weekend? I might pop by to see you because we have a game in Australia soon. Playing quidditch is great and so is New York, I love it here. It kind of amazes me how beautiful and large this city is. You'll be here soon, though... Unless you want to spend your vacation with your family which is totally unacceptable. (Of course, I'm kidding but I want to see you. I'm getting sick of seeing Riley and Will being cute when I don't get to be with you.)

Can I give you some advice, Minnie? Even if you want to leave just try to enjoy your time there... maybe make more friends or something because it was so bittersweet leaving Hogwarts. You'll miss it; I know I do. Or maybe it is the fact that there isn't as much stress when you are still a child at school and can still be sort of naive and you can be left unscathed. I think you would be a wonderful Professor, Amaryllis but it would most certainly have to be in Salem, yes? Oh, except you would have to work with my father... That would be unfortunate. I don't know, we'll see. Yes, that would be groovy. (Look, it is infectious.) I think you can see my team play when you get a cheerleading outfit because you would look equally as hot. Seriously though, I can snag you some tickets at any time.

Love you,
Bubalub.

Hey Mary,

You never were very good at guessing were you? I have actually been working at an amusement park to get money to help pay for the house that Laelia and that ancient Grannie who practically raised you. So yes, I have been putting family first and looking after Laelia, not that she needs it. You know better than I do that the girl is more mature than even Eddie which is a feat. How is Zo and Calla? Is she excited to start school next year? Don't worry Mary, I've been busy and missing more sleep than I'd like.

I've really just been working, studying and sleeping. I'm trying to prepare for next year when I am one step closer to freedom. I met this one girl at work, she's seems to get so furious so quickly. It's rather funny. Really? So you were finally convinced... you must really want a good job. Do you know what you are doing next year? You probably are just going to live with Jennifer, right? I still have to meet her and make sure my big sister isn't being stupid. Hey! I am not that messy... I'm just not as tidy as Ed or Laelia.

Talk to you later,
Lark.

Bubalub: said:
Oh beautiful you know you can steal me away anytime! I would love to see you over the holidays, I miss you terribly so, I feel as though if I don't kiss you soon my lips might just shrivel up, or worse, what if I forget how to kiss? You might have to teach me again. I want to come and be in New York with you so badly, from what I saw at the grad party it is a beautiful city, land of opportunities huh? I will have to see my beautiful girl play Quidditch sometime, so hook me up with some tickets and I'll come and cheer you on like the amazing cheerleader I am.

Before I see you I am going to have to pay a small visit to my siblings and our grandmothers, it seems I have been neglecting them lately. I really don't know, I'm not heartless am I? I feel a little badly for leaving Larkspur to look after the old women, but I always go with my gut. I know what you mean about Riley and Will, I keep seeing couples at school all of the time and getting wildy jealous that I can't just eat you up right now. But how is Riley, and Kalani too? I miss all of you, but about your advice, you are right and I will try to take it and not be too stubborn about it, because I really will miss Hogwarts after it is all done with. I was thinking Salem too, if not that then Hogwarts Scotland. I could deal with your father, afterall I manage you! I do need to meet your parents sometime though, and don't try to get out of it!

Sweet lady kisses,
Minnie
Lark: said:
I'm sorry that I seemed to have hit a nerve, and I mean I can try and get a job if youneed me too. Don't you see that I have tried my best to put family first in moving with Zo, she needs me Lark. I'll send with this owl a photo of Zo and Calla and I, they are doing well and we are settling in with the family and Calla certainly is excited to be attending Hogwarts next year. It is a shame that I won't be there for her too, but I'm sure Azolla will be a good big sister to her, better than I have been lately. Please tell me that ancient Grannie is doing okay, is she much worse than when I last saw her?

We have been doing much the same things then. School is getting hard now, never thought I'd admit it, but you're right. I want a good solid job and they are hard to get without brilliant grades, I'm no Ravenclaw, but I've got a solid brain up there. Hey, at least my thoughts can't be clouded by boys like most of the young ladies I take classes with. I want to be a Professor I think, high ambitions as always. I hope to live in New York, I really love it there, but I think I need to come and visit you all these holidays and bring the little ones with me. You can meet her anytime, but you met a girl little bro? I'm sure I have better taste in girls than you, but she must be something special if she has taken your interest. Fellow messy sibling, we need to learn to keep our things in order, our minds too!

See you soon,
Mary, Give kisses to everyone from me

Mary,

Don't be. I'm just stressed out and feeling sorry for myself, it's hard, I miss nan a lot. No, you don't need to but when you are successful and I'm going to be studying for my N.E.W.T.s, maybe helping out would be nice. Sixth year isn't too important compared to seventh so I'll be fine until then. I just... Would I be a bad person if I told you that I wish that nan would just pass? She's getting a lot worse and at her best she calls me dad's name. I miss the person she was but there is no sign of it getting any better so she is just prolonging all of our misery. Or maybe it's just mine. I don't know. Tell Cal we miss her and love her loads... She never does reply to my letters... I think the owls scare her. When you have graduated do you think the Blacks will take good care of them? I know Zo is a great with Cal but they both still need some sort of strong adult in their life. I won't hesitate removing them from their house if you doubt for a second... do you?

I have no problem with your mind not being clouded with thoughts of boys. There are so many foolish girls and I don't want my sister to be one, especially with how a lot of boys act. God help pus when Zo and Calla are older... There is nothing wrong with having high ambitions as long as you have low expectations... Makes for a pleasant surprise. That would be nice, I think Lae is getting sick of me and to be frank, it would be nice to share the load for a little bit. & I meet girls all the time... this one just is a bit more huffy than the rest. That's all. She's funny. I don't think she's fond of me but it is a great laugh. Oh, you're so sure in that? You might have a little bit more ease talking to them but I'm pretty sure I've got a better taste in them. And, that will never happen. VIVA LA RESISTANCE! Ha!

Love,
Lark.

PS. Do you think I've gotten...older since we last spoke? I'm reading my letter over and I feel like I am.

Minnie,

Sweetie, that would be a travesty but I would take all the time out of my day and dedicate it to kissing you so that you can remember how. Hours upon hours and it would be all for you... Aren't I such a good girlfriend? New York is so beautiful, I absolutely adore it here and I think you would too. Maybe when you could move in? I'm sure Lani and Riley wouldn't mind in the least. I'll see what I can do.

Don't worry about it, beautiful. Do you want me to come with you and help out? I know how hard it will be for you all to be without your grandmother's right mind during the holidays. No, you aren't heartless. In fact, I'm sure you helped him out so he wouldn't have to stress over two young children as well. Plus, we would not have met so your gut must be right because your happiness does matter too. They are good, Riley seems to be a little home sick but I'm sure she'll adjust soon. Beautiful, you can do a lot of things but I'm not sure about dealing with my parents. I had to move out when I was younger because they were so insufferable... it's no wonder they split up. They must have gotten tired of being with another really irritating person. How about I introduce you to the man and woman who were more like my parents? They took me in, you know? I love them like mad, it's more than I could ever say about my mother and father. And I'm not in contact with either but if you really want to meet them, I guess I could figure something out but you will have to use your sweet lady kisses to calm me when they make me angry because I know they will... Also we won't be able to do it in one go. They won't be in the same room together without fighting over my brother's treatments. So... doesn't the other, wonderful family sound a lot more appealing? I mean, they are the people whose opinions I care about.

Either way, I love you so much Amy.

Write soon,
Bubalub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back