Irene Finch

Head of the Dept of Magical Transportation

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Rigid Spruce Wand with Doxy Wing Core
Irene Finch sat in a chair in the front of the room, her ministry robes nearly touching the floor, waiting for the students to arrive. She was much large and standing for long periods of time was difficult. Her healer had tried to place her on bed rest last week, but she had told the woman in no uncertain terms that that simply would not be happening anytime soon. The last lesson had gone slightly better than expected. Sure, some of the students were having a bit of trouble with their aim, but she was just grateful that so many of them had succeeded in apparating. Usually, by this point, she would have more students still unable to apparate. Overall, there was still a lot of work for the students to do, but they weren't without hope. She hoped that before the end of today, at least one of the students would succeed in apparating directly to their target, especially since this would be the last practice they would have before the exam took place.

As the last student arrived, Irene smiled and stood up slowly, her hand holding her stomach as she spoke. "Hello. Today, we will resume practicing" she began, her face growing more serious. "I am hopeful that those of you who weren't able to apparate last week will do so this week. Next week will be your exam and it will take place in Brightstone Village. Your test will require you to be accurate when you apparate, so today, I'd like everyone to line up beside me." Irene gestured for the students to begin lining up next to her.

By now, she knew that the students must know the three D's, so she didn't feel it was worth repeating. If they didn't, she had little hope for them. "Alright...I'd like you all to attempt apparating from this end of the Great Hall to that end" she said, pointing towards the doors of the Great Hall. "The X marks the spot" she added, knowing that if they really looked over to the other end, they would notice an X etched onto the floor. Glancing at all the students beside her, she only hoped there would be few splinchings today. Her stomach still couldn't bear it. "You can begin whenever you're ready" she said to the student who was first in line.

You can practice attempting to apparate one by one. Feel free to have your student practice in this lesson as many times as they want. As indicated, the exam will be taking place in Brightstone so once the Village opens up to students, I'll post the exam up.

During the last lesson Riley had succeeded in apparating, which she was proud of, but she had quickly discovered that her accuracy wasn't the best. No matter how hard she imagined her target she always seemed to end up quite a way away from it. But the Hufflepuff was hoping that during this lesson, the last before her exam, she would manage to perfect the art. Riley was surprised to find herself right at the front of the line for their next task, she wasn't usually one to pay much attention in class, let alone be so enthused about it. Smiling up at the Ministry worker she closed her eyes and apparated with a loud crack once more, she had imagined the large 'X' but seemed to be at least two metres away from it. Blushing, the sixth year walked back to the other end of the Great Hall and lined up again, her expression was disappointed, but determined. It took at least six tries of lining up and aiming for the target again, but Riley finally came to an end of the long last lesson and had landed on her last try only a mere few centimetres from the target. She was proud and knew with practise she would ace her exam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back