Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Elm Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Ruben entered the student's louge. It was a nostalgic place for him since it was where he last saw his brother Valentin before he transferred to Ilvermorny, he still couldn't believe that. Hopefully he would get tired of that and would come back to Hogwarts eventually.
This time he was here for another reason, he sent an owl to Lily since he didn't find her at the Yule Ball. He saw her there but then suddenly when he came looking for her she was nowhere to be seen and he still needed to explain and maybe apologise for what happened in the Forbidden Forest.
He still hadn't talked to any Care of Magical Creatures professor about Thestrals, something he should definitely do as soon as possible. But now he was waiting for Lily, hopefully she would come, so he could mend his relationship or whatever was left from it.

Lily was on a mission to find the student lounge, she had never been there and had no idea where it was. She started on the seventh floor corridor scanning every room for Ruben. Eventually she walked into one room on the fifth floor and spotted Ruben.
She walked up to him and plunged down onto the couch " Sorry I took so long, I had no idea where to find this place" Lily said . She wasn't sure why they were there, hopefully they could fix the friendship or whatever it could be called. But one thing was for sure Lily wasn't going to apologize. As far as she was concerned she was innocent.
" Soooo " Lily said hoping to start up a conversation or something.

Ruben laughed, the fact that sometimes they still get lost makes him think of how new everything still is and yet they are already halfway through it, it seems impossible.
"Well" he started saying "I kinda, summoned you here to clear the air" he turned to Lily a bit more so he could be facing her properly "The whole Thestral Hunt thing wasn't exactly a lie. I was there for that but I thought that saying you were there with me would avoid more questions" he said. Hopefully she would understand why he did what he did. "He seemed ok with it so I decided to involve you too because let's be honest, I don't think he would have believed you if you said you went to the forest to explore. You would have involved a lot more people because they would be thinking you were the one lying so I came up with a white lie, I never thought you'd get so upset with it. I was just trying to save both of us." he added. That was exactly what he did, he saved them, or at least he thought so. He never really meant no harm and the fact that Lily seemed so upset about a little lie kind of surprised him, he never really had complains about saving other people's skins, even if it involved lying.

Lily couldn't really understand why Ruben was laughing, but it didn't bother her. She just smiled back at him hoping to avoid awkwardness.
Lily listened as he spoke and waited for him to finish before replying " I get it, and you're probably right, though you should now by now I HATE lies. So in order to keep this friendship thingy going... We don't lie to each other or about each other okay? " Lily said with a little smile, hoping he would agree. She was sure that they could be wonderful friends without lies.
But one thing she was still wondering about was the actual Thestral Hunt, as a nature lover she was interested in them " Are you going to go explore again? " Lily asked , hoping for a honest answer

Ruben carefully heard Lily and she was an honest person. He respected that. No more involving Lily into his lies "Deal" he said smiling.
Ruben didn't want to start this new chapter by lying so he told her the truth making a bit of a teasing commentary "I'd be lying if I said I was't" he said with a wink hoping she catch the 'lying' line. "I still need to talk to a Care of Magical Creatures professor" he said. He was hoping to gather more information on Thestrals before going on a new trip to the Forbidden Forest. He would also need to be sneakier so he would need to find a way to be there without being noticed "I also have to find a way to be sneakier" he said almost in a whisper so that Lily could be the only one hearing "Maybe an Invisibility Cloak...do you know where to buy one?" he asked her hoping that she would know something like that. He hoped Invisibility Cloaks could be bought in a normal shop and that he wouldn't need to wait until his second year, time where he could steal his dad's cloak before coming to Hogwarts again.

Lily smiled at her friend, she was happy that he agreed and that meant that they could be friends. She listened closely as he spoke even laughing at his silly joke. The invisibility cloak was a brilliant idea " Well let me know if you do. I do know you can but one somewhere at Makutu Mall , but I'm not sure which shop. I also know that it is VERY expensive. " Lily said with a smile .

The boy heard the words that he didn't wanna hear...very expensive. He was sure that his parents would give him money if he ask them to but he didn't want to do that. He wanted to show that he was independent and didn't need his parents support anymore.
"So you are saying that if I happen to have one at home I shouldn't waste the money to buy a new one?" he said rhetorically "Guess I'll have to wait until our second year to look for Thestrals" he added a bit disappointed.
He was extremely excited to look for them and having to wait until next year was just killing him, he still could talk to the professor to see what she knew about Thestrals so he could know what type of food they would like in order to attract them. "You wanna come?" he said suddenly thinking to himself why would Lily want to know when was he intending to look for Thestrals.

Lily smiled as he sposo, he made it pretty obvious that they had a cloak at home " Yes, unless we could borrow one from someone around school? " Lily said with a smile. The had to be someone around with a invisibility cloak. She was sure she could ask one of the older students and just say it's for hide and seek or something. " Of course, as long as I can stay under the cloak for whole trip" Lily said raising her brows. Getting caught once was more than enough trouble for one year.

Ruben didn't knew anyone with an Invisibility Cloak so it would be a long shot to find someone that happened to have one, in Hogwarts, that wasn't a teacher. "Don't worry I can just take my dad's" he said with a bit of disappointment.
He laughed, Lily was so cautious. For Ruben there was no fun on being cautious, he understood where she came, getting caught was already enough for a year so going on the second year was actually good, maybe the teachers would forget about that and give them another opportunity since it would be a new year "Don't you wanna pet them? How can you do it under the cloak?" he said laughing a bit.

Lily shrugged with disappointment, she kinda hoped they could ask around for a cloak. " Okay. " Lily said pointing slightly. She listened to Ruben and shook het head wildly " Nah Ah, I'll be just fine to observe. " She said a little too loud, she looked around to see if anyone was looking toward them, but thankfully not. She didn't have the guts to pet a beast in the forest, or risk the chance of getting caught again.

Ruben noticed the Lily's disappointment and felt like he needed to clarify why asking around wasn't such a good idea "You know how rumors spread fast at Hogwarts. If we do ask around for Invisibility Cloaks the professors and staffa re bound to hear about that and that wouldn't be of our best interest" he explained hoping she would understand that asking around for the cloak wasn't exactly the wisest choice.
He didn't quite understand why Lily wanted to go with him if she didn't want to explore or anything, if she just wanted to see the creaturs she could just take Care of Magical Creatures on the third year and do that but he wasn't about to argue over that as he actually enjoyed the company.

Lily listened as he spoke, she understood why it wasn't a good idea... But she still had a thought. She could ask Hilda if she had a cloak, because she knew Hilda wouldn't tell a single soul. " I get it, but I have a friend Hilda. Maybe she has a cloak and I'm certain she won't tell anybody. " Lily said as a suggestion. She didn't really want to wait another semester before exploring again. Maybe she would consider to pet or talk to a Thestral, but only if they're friendly.

Ruben looked surprised at Lily, if she had a friend with an Invisibility Cloak that certainly changed everything "Well then, send her an owl and let's schedule a meeting" he said hoping they could still do it before the beginning of the semester "I will talk to one of the Professors of Magical Creatures and don't worry, with my skills I bet they won't suspect a thing" he said giving her a wink. He would probably need to lie in order to get either more information or another book, a better one and with more information, on Thestrals.

Lily smiled, she hoped Hilda had one, she seemed like the kind of person to have one handy at all times since she was a Ghost finder. " Great, I'll be able to tell you soon, we hang quite often. " Lily said in a excited time. She giggled at Ruben's wink and shook her head. Sh knew he would have to lie to find out about the creatures. Lily stood up and said " Well I guess the sooner we find out , the sooner we can go find Thestrals. I'll see you soon. " She waited of a moment to make sure there was nothing else to discuss before heading toward the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back