Another Year Come and Gone

Lemina Troque

OOC First Name
Stalker
Wand
12 3/4" Black Walnut/ Maple Essence of Silver Thistle
Lemina made her way down towards the lakefront, clutching her bag which contained the letters and gifts. She sat down on the edge of the lawn and pulled them out. She stared at them, the wind biting at her, she wrapped her coat around tighter still. How could I almost forget? Nobody knows. Except my family. But they aren't here. Nobody is. It is just 'friends', but how would they know. I didn't even have a party last year. And two years ago, it, it wasn't the biggest thing ever. I remember. I was obsessed with Patrick. Only a year ago. I spent hours with the dilema of whether or not to invite him.

So much, so much has changed since then. I was so innocent, despite was it seemed. I didn't know about Papa. About Lilea. About Hoover. About everyone else. Lizzi and I were still best friends. I thought the worst thing that could happen was falling out with someone. I miss those days. I had so many more friends. I wasn't a prefect. Responsibility didn't lie on me. I was just a child.

Lemi pulled down her sleeves and hugged herself tighter. It was her birthday, nothing would happen. Nothing special. She pulled out the letter on the top. There were nine envelopes. One from Lizzi, one from Celia and Mina, one from Mama, one from Papa, one from Lilea, one from Hoover, one from her grandparents on Papa's side and two she didn't recognise. There were also three packages, one large, one medium and one small. Intrigued, she opened the envelope which she didn't recognise the handwriting of. She glanced over it.

Dear Lemina.
It's your Auntie Hermia. I know this must seem like an awful shock to you. Your mother and I, along with your grandmother, were planning on telling all four of you once you became of age. This plan changed this summer. What with everything to do with your father. It wouldn't be fair to put you through that again. Plus the two directly intertwine. So I'm telling you now, on your 14th birthday. I'll tell each of the other girls at this age too. Please, take a deep breath and don't allow this letter to ruin your birthday.

I am Hermia Ruth. I am your mother's sister. I live in Australia. I used to live in the Lothians, near my mother. Your mother too, we lived together in a little cottage, about 20 miles from the house you live in now, which at the time belonged to your Granny. I was just 16 when we moved out, Emily was almost 18. We stayed together for over two years. Then came the bombshell, your mother told me that she was seeing a 'lovely muggle'. Then she invited him around to our house. He was 23. We never got on. I talked to him, he acted, strange. I saw that he was in love with her, but the blood curled in my veins whenever I saw him.

I put up with him for Emily's sake, but he came to the house and more. Eventually he came every day, he was practically living there. I gave up; told Emily either he left, or I did. She and I had a fight. Lots of nasty things were said. Things I will not repeat. I went to my mother and explained the situation. She hadn't wanted to stay in the big house herself, but let us move out. So we had a deal. Your mother and your father moved into the big house, your grandmother moved into the cottage with me. I was 18 by this point. After a few months, I decided to properly leave home, I moved to Sydney.

Four years later, you were born. Then came Lizette and Celia. Emily didn't want me to have anything to do with any of you. But then your mother and I made up once your father left, in 2015. It was five and a bit years ago. We wrote and called each other. Visited each other once or twice. Don't ask why I didn't come forward. Stupidity.

But yeah, that is the story. Hope you have a great 14th birthday! Write to me, please, I hope you can forget the mistake which we all made.
Auntie Hermia.
x

Lemina read over the letter again, frowning. She really didn't have the energy to deal with something like this today, not on her birthday. Pulling out the next letter from the anonymous person, she hoped it didn't contain something as well, troubling.

Lemina!
Do you remember me? It's Chloe, from primary school! My friend who has just moved here is friends with the really annoying girl, Charlie Stenson and guess what, she is the sister of Callum who was at one point going out with your little sister, Lizzi. Charlie, according to Anna, claims she is magic. And that her little brother goes to some magical school called Jognwarts, or something like that. And she is being home-schooled in magic. I don't believe her, but hey. That's Charlie for you. I gave Anna a letter to give to Charlie who would apparently send it to Lizzi. It's rubbish, but is my only way of getting through to you. Then somehow an owl came pecking at my window! It had a letter from your sister. She told me it was your birthday soon, and that I should give a letter to your Mama who would post it for me. I did, and, well, this is it!

So, it's your birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I was 14 last October and it was great, its a fab age to be. I cannot believe that I haven't spoken to you in almost three years! How has life been? What standard grades did you take. Lizzi and your mum, neither of them would tell me what school you go to or where you are. Write back!
Chloe x

Lemina grinned. This letter was very suprisingly, but in a good way. Chloe! She bit her lip, she hadn't talked to Chloe since she was 11. I miss her so much. I almost forgot about her. When we were wee, we were the best mates. Then, then it all, all, just fell apart. I love Chloe, I need to talk to her, meet up with her. Lemi beamed, fighting off the cold, as she opened the letter and package from Lizzi.
Lemi!
Thanks sooo much for being friends, I love you <3 x
Anyway, happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are 14! For a few months we were the same age xD Now you're a 'year' older than me! Awww =( ;) I love you sista, bezzies forever. I have friends at school, you do too, but nothing can replace us as sisters. We are always there for each other. Love you!
As for a present, I got you something special! Me, Chris, Callum, Sheona and Clemmie (the fourth year who I am friends with) made it, don't tell anybody, but we s t o l e some ingredients from the Potions stock cupboard and then gathered some stuff from the forest. Clem isn't a prefect though, so it was all good =P And then I got a wee chain from Hogsmeade. It *m*a*g*i*c*a*l*! WOW! That doesn't have quite the same effect as it does in the muggle world! Anyway if you put your finger into the cauldron, then it makes you feel all warm and happy inside and you'll be reminded of moi, but only use it when you feel particularly sad, or the effects will wear off. We found the potion in a book in the library and altered it a bit. It's now our signature potion xD
Hope you have a great birthday x
Liizzii, your biggest little sister =P

The letter brought a tear to Lemi's eye. She opened up the parcel. Inside was a chain with a cauldron pot on the end. Inside it was some purple liquid which somehow didn't fall out. She placed it around her neck and under her top. It was gorgeous, and even from here reminded her of Lizzi.

She opened up the other five letters. They mostly contained birthday greetings, especially the one from her youngest sisters, it was adorable! Lemina opened up the two parcels. One was from her family. It had three novels, a portrait of them all drawn at Christmas, a sketch pad, pencils, three blank journals and various sweeties. She grinned whilst looking at the contents of the other one. It was from the twins and contained a lot of merchandise from the shop. I love them...

She shoved it all back into her bag and zipped it up, thinking about the day, the week, the month, the term, the year and her life in general. The people and the events. Everything.

((I went a bit OTT on this RP, oh well =P Please, don't be put off joining it by it's length, particularly if you know Lemina x ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back