OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Another year starting. It just didn't seem real. Last year had been a whirlwind of events from the very beginning. There were some memories that Kat wished would fade away into oblivion, never to return. Then there were the absolutely fabulous memories that she had...the ones that would stay with her forever. It was those moments that had kept her going last year when all she had really wanted to do was pack up and go back home.

Wanting a chance to clear her mind and not being able to find a quiet place in the castle, Kat headed to her favorite spot at school. The gardens. The one place at school where she always truly felt at peace, even though she'd experienced one of the most heartbreaking times here last year...or at least as much of a heartbreak you can experience at the age of thirteen. Thinking about Makato now didn't cause her any pain and even the numb feeling that she had experienced there for a while was now gone. She had resolved that their break up was for the best and that at least they could still be friends, though she hadn't talked to him in such a long time and wasn't sure when they would again.

Strolling quietly through the maze of flowers and other plants, Kat's mind wandered. She thought about things from last year and the friends that she'd made and then ones that she'd gotten closer to. I need to write to Katerina she thought as she stopped to sniff one of the pink roses that was in full bloom. The sweet aroma of the flower made her feel absolutely blissful and warm, she was in her happy place...free of distractions, even if it were only for a little while.

The new school year had just started, and Zoe felt comfortable. The work was a lot, now that she was in her fifth year, but she could handle it. Needing some fresh, hogwarts air, she decided to go to the Hogwarts Garden, where she had never been before, and yet she was one of the people to start it. The slight breeze Zoe made as she walked into the garden pushed her hair away from her face, which seemed to have gotten more red, from the auburn it had been last year.

Entering the garden, she saw that Katalina was also in there, and she seemed to be a little out of it, as though she were in another world. "Katalina?" Zoe said, in a quiet voice, a little unsure whether she wanted to be spoken to.

Kat was slightly startled when she heard someone address her. She'd been off in her own little world and wasn't really paying attention to what was going on around her. She was relieved to see it was Zoe. Kat walked over to her and said with a smile, "Hey Zoe! You out for a little fresh air too?" Kat had really only gotten to know Zoe well at the end of last year. The girl had stood by her side during the face off with the two most rotten Durmstrang boys that Kat had ever had the displeasure of meeting. She considered her a friend and hoped that Zoe thought of her the same way.

Zoe grinned, and replied, "Yep. Just thinking over what the year has in store for me." She said, a little glumly. She wasn't looking forward to her OWL's at all, though she was relieved that they were still so far away. Zoe walked over to an Iris flower, and took a whiff of it. "Though, I'm not much of a nature person, the fresh air and clean scents can help purify me." She said, her eyes still on the flower, before looking up at Kat. "So how was your summer break?" She asked, in a casual tone.

Kat wasn't really sure what Zoe meant by 'what the year has in store for me'. The only thing she could figure was that her friend was talking about OWL's and that sent Kat into a mild panicky state of her own, but it was short lived. No sense in worrying about something that's a year away she thought with a shrug. "I love it out here! In fact I spend quite a bit of my time out here. It's so peaceful and serene. Great place to come and just unleash everything you know?" Kat said, feeling a bit stupid for adding on that last part, but it was true.

She thought about Zoe's question for a moment. She'd had an absolutely fantastic summer with Rhyspa and Kailey. They'd spent a week at her house and then she herself had spent a week at both of their homes. She'd met a few nice boys while she was in Tennessee at Kailey's, but nothing worth mentioning and they definitely weren't anyone that she'd likely talk to or see again. "It was fun. So nice to get away after everything that happened last year. How was yours? Anything exciting happen?" she asked in response as she continued to wander and inhale the scent of a few other flowers.

Probably had a more interesting summer than I've had. Zoe thought to herself, as she walked a little more, holding the urge to pull out some of the flowers to make a bouquet for her dorm room. "It was...boring, nonetheless." Zoe began to say, then soon added in, "I worked pretty much all summer. I don't go many places." She said, a little sad her summers weren't any more exciting. Kat seemed to have a fun time, and had probably gone somewhere which made Zoe a little jealous, but she quickly shook the feeling off. You're friends, you are not supposed to be jealous of something so small. Zoe thought to herself, as she walked a little more.

"I've worked all summer except for week I was at 'Spas and then the week I was at Kailey's house. Those little first years are something else that's for sure." Kat said, hoping that it would make Zoe feel somewhat better about her 'boring' summer. Not really sure what else to say in response to the brief answer she'd been given, Kat fished for another subject. "So...how exciting is it being a fifth year? Do you feel any older or more mature?" she asked dumbly. She knew it sucked, but she was trying not to bring up the matter of summer vacation as it seemed a bit of a sore spot with Zoe.

"I don't know, but I've always felt a little more mature each year, strangely enough." Zoe said, beginning to grin, "Though, I joke around more often than people think." She continued, and remembered of the pranks she's pulled with Kale and Bella many years ago. She liked to think of those as her prime years, twelve years old, and a little trouble maker. She was surprised that she got the letter that summer that she would be a prefect.

"How about you? I know most people don't feel older. I'm just one of those weird ones that actually do." Zoe inquired, smirking. She didn't mind teasing herself, because she could always just ignore it.

Kat listened as Zoe said she felt a little more mature with each passing year. She herself never felt any different, not by much anyways, but after last year she definitely felt different...more guarded if anything. "I think I can tell that you're a bit of a prankster somewhere in there. You hide it well though!" Kat said semi-jokingly.

Thinking on Zoe's question to her for just a moment, Kat responded with, "I honestly don't know. Most of the time I don't ever feel any different, but this year I do for some reason." It sounded like a stupid response, but it was the best answer she could give.

Zoe thought about how Kat said she felt different this year more than any other, and Zoe thought about what she was going to say, for a second, before saying it. "Well, probably because you've gotten a new perspective of the world, including all the heartbreak and misery out there since those durm boys had arrived here." Zoe realised that she had trailed off, in her own mind a little, but it was probably one of the reasons why she felt different.

Zoe kept on walking, through the various paths along with Katalina, wondering why she had never come here before, then she didn't really know what else to say. She didn't really socialize with many girls, because she had always found it easier to talk to guys.

Kat considered what Zoe said and it actually made sense. Heartbreak and misery. Those two words summed up exactly what she had felt last year before she'd gotten her revenge on them. She walked along, taking in the never ceasing beauty of the gardens, getting swept up in her thoughts before she responded, "I think you're right. I don't guess I thought of it like that, but it makes total sense when its said aloud."

This time was nice. It was always nice getting to know people that you already sorta knew a little bit better. Friends made life a lot more worth the ride and helped get you along. "So, what classes are you taking? Besides the ones that we all have to take that is!" Kat asked curiously, wanting to know what other people thought about the different classes.

"I'm taking Care of Magical Creatures and Muggle Studies." Zoe said, a little blandly, then quickly added her question in, "What about you?" In a curious voice. She found a nice patch of grass, then decided to take a seat. Zoe pulled out little pieces of grass strands one by one, twirling them around her pinky finger.

Kat followed Zoe's lead and sat down across from the girl. She pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her chin there. "I'm taking everything except for Ancient Runes, though I think that after this year I may drop Divination and Care of Magical Creatures. I haven't decided anything definite yet though." she replied as she rocked slowly from side to side. "No one really told me how much work taking so many electives was going to be!" Kat added as a side note.

Smirking, Zoe responded, "That's why I only took two. I'm thinking of being an auror in the future, though I'm still young, and it's not set in stone." She then crossed her legs, and sighed. "Do you have a clue as to what you want to be?" Zoe asked, wondering what else could be out there.

"Same here. I always thought I'd like to be a healer like my mum or work for the ministry like dad does, but I'm really thinking that I'd like to teach. I've been thinking about Herbology or Transfiguration. Those two are my favorite subjects." Kat said thoughtfully and then asked, "An auror huh? Sounds like it might be fun! What do your parents do?"

Hmm, Professor Vanderhol. Zoe thought to herself, trying to picture Katalina as a professor at Hogwarts. Kind of rolls off the tongue if you ask me. She thought to herself once again. Zoe had a small smile on her face, thinking about the future, but it was slowly wiped off when Katalina reminded her of the past, not knowing. "Well, my dad works for the ministry in the Wizengamot, and my mother, well, she's dead." Zoe said monotonously, fighting fiercely to hold back the tears and hide her sadness.

"Professor Vanderhol, that has a ring to it." She said, sniffling a little, trying to change the topic. "Herbology is my favourite subject, too. Though, I see you better as a Transfiguration teacher." She said, her eyes becoming bloodshot, not being able to get the thought out of her head.

Kat hung her head when Zoe mentioned that her mother was dead. "Zoe...I'm sorry, I didn't know." she said in a hushed tone, feeling very stupid about the whole thing. Way to go ding dong she thought as she shook her head. Trying quickly to change the subject she answered with, "Hmm, never actually said it out loud, but I think it sounds nice myself. Professor Vanderhol! I like it!!" she said, but couldn't help but notice the look on Zoe's face.

"Oh, um, it's okay. It happened years ago." Zoe said glumly, then quickly went back to the future. "What do you think of Professor Styx?" She asked Kat, her voice a little shaky still, personally she had bad vibes about him, even knowing he was Jaken's dad. Zoe hadn't been taught by him yet, though she was sure she had him that term and wasn't looking forward to it too much.

Kat still felt very bad about bringing up Zoe's parents, but when her friend mentioned Professor Styx she screwed up her face and shook her head. "I don't know what it is about him, but something just doesn't sit well with me. He's creepy and there is something way off about him, but I just don't know what it is." Kat said about the professor who had taken over her favorite subject. "What about you? What do you think of him?" she asked, hoping that she wasn't the only one who felt this way about the man.

Zoe grinned, and was glad that she wasn't the only person to feel that way about Professor Styx. "See, I haven't had him yet, and I'm already getting bad vibes about him." She said, then laughed. "What do you think it is about him? Maybe it's just Professor Rambolt after taking a polyjuice potion with a different personality." She said, jokingly having forgotten about her mother. "And Professor Fox?" She asked, just curious about others' thoughts on the new professors at school.

Kat thought about it a moment and then said, "I'm not sure what it is about him. He just gives me the willies for some reason...it's like I don't really trust him, but I don't know why." She laughed about Zoe's comment about Professor Rambolt and polyjuice potion. "Don't I wish!" she said still chuckling a bit.

"I'm not really sure about Professor Fox. She's pretty okay I guess. Potions has never been my best subject...not my worst, but definitely not my best. She's nice enough I suppose, nothing off about her at least." Kat replied honestly about the new Potions professor.

"Yeah, though she's a bit blunt, in my opinion." Zoe said, gazing up at the sky. She lay her head back onto the grass, glad that she had the time to talk to Katalina since last year. She started to laugh as she looked up into the clouds, and saw the form of Professor Styx. "Hey, you see that cloud up there? It resembles Styx a little." She said, grinning then began to laugh a bit louder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back