Another Trip To The Garden

Alyssa Chevalier

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Willow Wand 13 1/4" Essence of Veela Hair
Alyssa pushed her straightened blonde hair as she carefully stepped outside of the school and into and the oddly quiet garden. It surprised Alyssa that the garden had less students in it than it usually was. The first thought that occured to Alyssa was that maybe the garden was less of a hotspot then it used to be.

Alyssa's boots crunched a few leaves that had fallen from the trees as she wandered over to a random unoccupied bench in the center of the garden.

Alyssa sighed and placed her messenger bag by her side and looked around. She hoped someone would join her and possibly entertain her for a bit before she had to go off and do some of her homework that she had yet to finish.

Harri walked out into the gardens, her still red air blew around her face as she walked armed with her sketch pad a pencils. So far she didn't have any assignments so she was enjoying the fact that she was free to draw more often. She knew it wouldn't last long, afterall she was taking two extra classes this year!
She looked down at her simple outfit, a mid thigh length dress and a cardigan that had the same hem line. Her converses looked scruffy and worn but then again that was her style.
As she walked she began to doodle just drawing random things, the outline of a face, the body, eyes. She was concentrating so hard she almost walked straight into a bench, "Woah," she said managing to stop before she embaressed herself.
"Oh hey,"She siad grinning sheepishly as she saw a girl sitting on the bench. "Mind if I sit?" she asked, sitting down next to her, shoving the sketch pad next to her. "I'm Harri by the way," she said, only vaguely recognising the girl.

Alyssa closed her eyes in peace and felt herself about to doze off when she heard someone walk over and mutter something that Alyssa didn''t quite catch.
Alyssa opened her eyes and stared up at a girl she hadn't met yet.

"Oh hello!" Alyssa knew for a fact that this girl wasn't a first year. She looked too old. Alyssa had also never seen this girl in her year yet. So Alyssa assumed that she must've been a third year or above.

"Sure! I'm Alyssa Snow!" Alyssa introdouced herself happily. It wasn't everyday she met someone new to talk to.

"Ooh...do you draw?" Alyssa asked as she noticed the girl place down what looked to be a sketch pad.

Harri smiled, "Nice to meet you Alyssa," she said, "Nice name by the way," she said.
"Yeah, not very well though," she said laughing, though in reality she just thought she wasn't good the drawings in the sketch pad proved she was. "You can take a look if you like," she said, this particular sketch pad had only pictures of Jaspar, her ginger cat, and other non personal things. The page opposite that with the doodle she had just drawn held a picture of Jaspar. She had spent ages drawing and colouring it untill it was absoloutely perfect, but now looking at it she wasn't all to pleased with it. "Do you draw?" she asked curiously.

Alyssa smiled at Harriet's commented and carefully took the sketch book into her hands. When Alyssa opened she was shocked to see that Harriet was a much better artist than she gave herself credit for. Alyssa was especially amazed when she reached the pciture with what seemed to be a cat.

"Wow. You are really good!" Alyssa muttered when she had finally finished flipping through the sketch book. Alyssa had to admit that art wasn't really her talent. She couldn't draw to save her own life.

"No. The only thing I ever draw are the clothes I design. And they don't even come out the way they're supposed to!" Alyssa wondered if Harriet had always been able to draw like that.

"Have you always been able to draw like thta? Or did you teach yourself?"

"Thanks," Harri said beaming as Alyssa said she was good, she always preferred the opinion of someone she didn't know well as she knew they were most likely to tell the truth.
"You design clothes? Thats really cool!" she said smiling, "Do you draw them when you get the ideas?" he asked curiously.
"Well I was always really interested in drawing, so I just kept practising," she said, drawing was always something she really enjoyed, some people could get lost in a book but all she had to do was pick up a pencil and she immedietly calmed herself down, concentrating any negative, or positive, energy into perfecting art.

"I do sometimes draw when I get ideas. Other times I don't because I believe I could make it better." Alyssa suddenly really wished she had written her mother for more dressmaking supplies. However laziness really can prevent people from doing anything.

"When I'm done drawing I sometimes even make the dress myself. Or I send it back to my mom. She's a famous dressmaker back in france." Alysssa shrugged her shoulders ahd flipped some of her blonde hair away from her face. Alyssa still wished she could draw as well as Harriet did. But...you can't know everything.

"Hey...what year are you in?" Alyssa finally asked after a few moments of trying to decide what year the girl might be in.

"Wow!" Harri said "I wish I could make clothes," she siad remembering how Zuka made clothes, and Nina it was just something she couldn't do.
"Third," she said, "And I'm assuming your second year?" she said, clearly the girl wasn't a first year and Harri could tell she was younger then her.

"Sadly yes.....I'm a second year." Alyssa frowned and shrugged her shoulders lightly. Alyssa had to admit that the second year was probably going to be one of the most boring years. The first years were new so everything was cool to them, and the third years choose electives. Even most of the fourth years had something fun to look foward to....prefects.

"So if your in your third year...your taking electives right?"

Harri laughed, "Why sadly?" she said, though she thought she knew why, nothing really went on in second year you just went along at a steady pace, waiting for third year.
She nodded, "Yeah I'm taking muggle studdies and Care of magical creatures," she said happily, "Any ideas what you want to do?" she asked.

"I'm not really sure hy I'm not so fond of second year." Alyssa admitted. Alyssa just couldn't help resenting about how boring the year has been...and how much more boring it will probably end up.

"There's really nothing big happening for anyone in this year." Alyssa now had a small smile on her face. "I know I want to take care of magical creatures. I also know my father would't want me to take muggle studies. He hates muggles and finds no needs for me to learn about them." Alyssa shrugged her shoulders.

"Yeah, well then your going to have to make it more interesting for yourself," Harri said grinning, though she knew that the school did seem a little quiet and even boring at times, you had to entertain yourself.
"Yeah, I think CoMC sounds good," she said nodding, she laughed, "Yeah some parents are like that," she said, "Do you know what else you want to take?" she asked.

"Well theres Arithmacy, hands up I don;t have a clue what that is," Harri said laughing, "And divination, which is like telling the future," she said, "And ancient runes, which is like reading symbols and stuff," she said, "Jeez I'm really bad at explaining stuff aren't I?" she said, she was exactly intellectual and so had opted for the options she thought she might actually be able to cope with. She knew Ancient Runes was above her knowledge. "But you've got ages to decide yet," she said honestly.

Alyssa's eyesbrows furrowed as she thought about which class she might take. There were so many, and some of them she was still unsure about still. But Harriet was right, Alyssa still had the rest of the year to think about the classes she wanted to take.

"Your right. I think I may have to take some time on the other class." Alyssa said hoping she didn't sound dumb while pointing this out.

"Hey...do you play Quidditch?" Alyssa asked curiously.

"Yup, I pleay chaser," Harri said smiling, "How about you?" she asked, she hadn't been flying since she was back at school and she made a mental note to get out on the pitch soon.

A girly smile made it's way onto Alyssa's face as she reached up to twirl a piece of her blonde hair around her fingers. Although Alyssa really wished she was on the Quidditch team, she knew she wasn't. Alyssa wasn't really suited for any kind of sport.

"I really wish I was on the Quidditch team. But I'm not, I'm actually pretty bad at a lot of sports." Alyssa sighed and stopped twiling her hair. "If I did play a position I think I'd like beater....it looks fun!"

"Why don't you try out?" Harri asked, "I bet your not, bad at other sports, you should give yourself more credit!" she said, "Yeah beater is fun, seriously, try out I mean whats the worst that could happen?" she said smiling.

((Your siggy looks awesome by the way!))

Alyssa shrugged her shoulders. Harriet had a strong point. Alyssa maybe actually be really good at it and not know it. Luckily she was taught how to fly by Aiden, she couldn't thank him enough for helping her with flying.

"Well, I might try out. Haha the worst that could happen is that I could die!" Alyssa teased the last part and began to laugh.

"Have you ever been injured during Quidditch?"

//Haha your avi looks grest too! Did Isabella make it for you?//

Harri laughed rolling her eyes, "I don't think you'd die," she said grinning.
"Me? Nope I haven't, and I don't intend to either," she said laughing, "People do, but I thiink its quite rare," she said shrugging, "Why is that what your worried about?" she asked.

((No, I found it on the internet ;) ))

"Yeah, that and making a total fool of myself. I hate being laughed at." Alyssa remembered watching Quidditch matches against other countries. Those games not only looked rough, but hard too.

"Even if I didn't make it, there are tons of things I could besides that." Alyssa muttered.

//Haha. ^_^ //

Harri shook her head, "You need to get more confidence," she said smiling.
"Yeah you could, why don't you join some of the clubs at school! We have enough of them," she said her mind scanning through all the clubs that the school ran.

Harri nodded, "I know theres hardely any!" she said shaking her head, "And some of the muggle ones are absoloutely terrible," she said laughing, "We should invent some more games," she joked grinning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back