Another Night Up and Wandering

Theodore Snow

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Hawthorn Wand 13" Essence of Serpent Scale
Theodore tiredly ran a hand through his soft light blonde hair as he walked down the long dark dungeons. It was nightime and that always made the best time for him to wander up and down the Dungeons. Otherwise he felt crowded and as if he was always being stared at. It bothered him because he never knew what they were thinking when they looked at him.

'I wish I could read minds. That'd be so cool.' Theodore thought to himself as he yawned. He was still in his uniform because he had been a little too lazy to do much anything except sit in his room and look up random curses and jinxes.

Looking around Theodore roughly turned as he thought he heard footsteps behind him. They were light footsteps so he could tell it was not a teacher or some sort of adult. "Who's there?" Theodore asked lazily as he turned and pointed his lit wand towards the area the footsteps came from.

Abigail, as always, had been unable to sleep so she snuck out of her dorm room, hoping not to wake Alyssa and Isabella. Bella had stirred slightly from the noise but over all she was fine. She was wearing a light pink t-shirt with black writing on it and a skirt in a slightly darker pink then her shirt with black converse. Her hair was in light curls and her vibrant violet eyes were sparkling with mischief.

As she walked her footsteps were light and sprightly, and began humming inaudibly to herself until she heard someone’s voice. “Who’s there?” She smirked to herself, she clearly recognized the voice and turned around to face the light. “Take a guess,” she murmured playfully as she stepped forward into the light, looking at Theo’s beautiful green eyes. “Hi Theodore,” she chirped merrily, deciding that she would actually come into the light more so he could see her face incase he couldn’t.

[sorry that's lame ]

Theodore immediantly lowered his wand and smiled. He immediantlly felt himself become less tense. He was glad it was someone he felt was worthy worth his time. Otherwise he probably would have turned around and kept walking. Theo liked to enjoy taking walks at night, but chatter from someo person he really didn't care for would just cause him to get angry and actually want to go back to bed.

"Hey you. Why are you wandering around so late at night?" Theodore asked teasingly. He really had no room to talk when he was wandering himself.

"Hey you. Why are you wandering around so late at night?"

Abbey rolled her eyes playfully at this then stepped slightly closer to him and asked as if she was offended, "Me? I think you oughta ask yourself that question first, blondie." She giggled at this and wrapped her arms around him with affection. "How was break? I missed you," she said warmly as she tilted her head up so she could look into his forest green eyes.

Theodore laughed when Abbey turned his question against him. She was a quick one! Theodore like a girl who seemed to be able to manage on her own. It meant he didn't really need to always worry about her.

"Hmm...I missed you too." Theodore smiled shyly. "But my break was awfully boring and long. Paris isn't as amazing if you've lived in France your whole life." Theodore shrugged his shoulders lightly. "How was your break?"

"Hmm...I missed you too."

Abbey's cheeks flushed at Theodore's comment, and her violet eyes twinkled wildly. He missed me, she thought merrily. "But my break was awfully boring and long. Paris isn't as amazing if you've lived in France your whole life." She simply nodded at his next words, deciding that when she actually went to France she would go to her family home first, then her parent's graves then perhaps more travelling around bigger cities.

"How was your break?"

Almost immediately, Abbey's smile turned into a shameful and embarassed frown. "It was alright," she lied pathetically, knowing her eyes were showing her emotions the whole time. "I found out I have family here," she added with a shrug, though at the same time, wondering if Theodore knew who Aiden was and what his deal was. Abigail really didn't consider them family as she and her sister had gone through so much and the only one that even tried to contact her was Hayden, her favorite older cousin who attended Durmstrang.

Theodore's eyes widened with slight curiousity. He could easily tell that she was lying about it being alright. He was taught at a young age to be able to read one's emotions well. But also he knew a bit of Abbey's past. So somehow he knew that her break wasn't much better then his.

"Family eh? Anyone I know?" Theodore wasn't sure if he would know anyone. But if the were pureblood or something he might at least reconize the last name.

Abbey grinned sheepishly when she saw Theodore's expression, she didn't want to tell him that she had fought with her friend because she had yelled at Hadan's grandfather, for a stupid reason at that. She was relieved when he didn't ask her about it, actually she was very thankful for this, so much so she felt the urge just to kiss him right now. Thankfully, though she didn't and because he began speaking, snapping her out of that frame of mind.

"Family eh? Anyone I know?"

"I'm not sure if you know him, but he used to date Isabella," she said with a shrug. "There is also the new librarian who is my Aunt, a bunch of people anyways, apparently it's a really big family," she breathed. "But I don't consider them my family," she added.

"If they were my family they would have found either Asher and I when our parents were murdered, they would have kept us from living in orphanages," she said before shuddering rapidly at the thought of her orphanage. Abbey moved in closer to his arms because for some reason she felt quite safe in them and now he was the only person that was stopping her from flipping out at every person that she disliked, and at this school there seemed to be quite a few.

"Wait wait! Your related to...Aiden Lorka?!" At first Theodore had no idea. But once it was metioned that he dated Isabella only one face came to mind. Immediannntly he slightly pulled back from Abbey to glare at the wall ahead of him.

"There...is no way you of all people can be related to him." Theodore sneered lightly. He still kept a soft gaze of Abbey to make sure she knew that he was not angry with her at all. It's not like someone could control which family they were born from. "You seem to good for that family anyways." Theodore huffed as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Abbey frowned at Theodore's reaction, and nodded her head heavily. "I take it you got a weird vibe from him as well," she murmured under her breath, feeling slightly hurt that he was reacting this way. He was her friend here and it wasn't her fault that she was related to the Lorka's.

Abigail put her hands on Theodore's arms softly and whispered, "I might be in your mind but they are related to my parents, and I have to respect that about them." She looked into his eyes with a pleading expression, she didn't want him to be upset with her any longer, she couldn't take it. His glare, even though it wasn't directed at her, made her scared, and she didn't want to be scared when she was around him, she couldn't be.

When Theo's gaze softened she forced a smile onto her pained face. "Are you mad?" she asked sheepishly. Abbey didn't understand why he would be but it seemed that he was, it wasn't like she chose them, she didn't know them until she was twelve years old for goodness sakes.

Theodore boldly shook his head showing he was not angry. He didn't mean to put it out to Abbey that he was. He was mostly just surprised that someone like Abbey could be related to am enemy of his. It just made his blood boil and his heart race.

"No....I'm not mad. Just surprised that someone as awesome as you could be related to someone like him." Theodore shrugged his shoulders. He was somewhat shocked at how open he was being with Abbey. He usually never talked his much. Especially around girls. "But it's not like it matters. From what I heard he's good and gone." Theodore shrugged his shoulders before placing his hands behind his head and grinning.

Abbey blushed softly when Theodore said that he thought she was awesome. "Thanks Theodore," she breathed softly. "I think you're awesome too," she giggled before leaning in and kissing his cheek ever so softly. Her violet eyes twinkled with affectiojn as she did this before she leaned back and crossed her arms against her chest, slightly frustrated that she had always been the one to do that sort of thing between the two of them. I wonder if he'll ever take it upon himself to just kiss me, she thought with a small huff.

Normally, she wouldn't care, but Theodore knew that she had the biggest crush on him and she had been told that he liked her as well. Not by him exactly but by his cousin, Alyssa, who seemed like she could read Theodore fairly well, when she wasn't too busy with her looks that is. Abigail was tempted to do it herself but there were so many things to think about with this, it could go all wrong and he could end up telling her that he didn't really like her and things could get painfully awkward. The fact that he was her best friend - that was a native here - made all the more difference as well. She couldn't just go up to him and kiss him for pete's sakes! Abbey rubbed her eyes tiredly, deciding that it would happen when it happened, if at all. "I forgot," she began. "Happy - late - Valentines Day Theodore," she breathed.

Theodore was about to retort that he bad been born awesome but the moment he turned his cheek he felt Abbey's soft lips on them. Immediantly Theodore's eyes widened and he felt that dammned heart of his begin to race again. Theodore never got how she had gotten the courage to do this. Everyime Theo thought about her he felt like he had to go throw up. Which he knew...was something he really did not want to do.

Turned slowly to hide his nervousness he finally looked down at Abbey. Taking a deep breath he decided to lean down.

'Wait! What if I scare he off?!' Theodore suddenly took a step back without knowing that he had somehow gotten it caught on his robes. And without further warning Theodore's legs somehow scrambled themselves up and Theodore suddenly found his back colliding to the ground with a large thud!

"OW!" Theodore immediantly sat up and looked growled.

'Please tell me I did not just trip because I got nervous about kissing her?! Oh geez I did!' Theodore huffed.

Abbey watched curiously as the scene before her unfolded, standing very straight as it did. Her heart was racing faster then it had ever beat before but when he fell, the loud thump she snapped back into reality. She moved to his side carefully, fighting girlish giggles all the while. "Theodore?" she asked petitely as she sat down beside him. "Are you alright?" she asked, ignoring her flushed cheeks as she pulled her wand out and murmured, "Lumos."

She lowered her wand slightly so the light didn't hurt either of their eyes, as she gazed into his, her heart beating just as fast, if not faster, as it had before when he was standing right in front of her. Abbey wasn't sure if it was cute how nervous he seemed or if she had completely misread his signals. She moved her bangs out of her violet eyes as she brought her knees in closer to her body, but leaning closer to Theodore, still not liking the distance between them, but when did she ever?

Abbey smiled to herself, she had really been expecting too much, but her mind was running away from her just as it always did so she really was in no rush what so ever to kiss him, although if he wanted to she surely would not be against it.

"That was really embarrassing. I guess the only thing hurt here is my dignity." Theodore shrugged his shoulders. His tried to avoid contact with Abbey to avoid showing her how embarassed he really was. The worst part of it was that it was obvious that she wanted him to kiss her.

'Love stinks.' Theodore sighed. Maybe that was why Alyssa avoided it all together. Turning to Abbey he smiled and her and leant in to give her a small kiss on the cheek. Despite the fact he was close enough be abe to kiss her. he didn't want to make the situation worse.

"Let's hope no one else saw that." Theodore glanced around the hallway making sure no one else saw his fall.

"That was really embarrassing. I guess the only thing hurt here is my dignity."

Abbey smiled gently at Theodore and murmured, "Well not to worry, I wont tell anyone." She ran her fingers through her brown locks and began twirling a small piece of it between her fingers shyly as she spoke but her hand rested back down onto her lap the second she felt Theodore's lips on her cheek.

Abigail's heart started to beat to the point where she could hear it in her ears, though perhaps that was just nerves getting the best of her. What she felt was really silly was that she had kissed his cheek about twenty times and had never felt this flustered but when he had kissed hers she did. She smiled up at him, her eyes dancing warmly. Her cheeks were of course flushed a ripe pink but she didn't care, normally she would have tilted her head down so her hair could cover hre cheeks but she was completely comfortable with Theodore.

"Let's hope no one else saw that."

Abbey bit down on her bottom lip, as she heard this if Noah had seen that he would probably turn into a protective older brother, the same with Brandon and Blake. She liked that they thought of her as a younger sister but she was perfectly safe with Theodore, and she felt safe too. Which was something to say as she never really felt it.

"You don't have any protective older brothers that might hunt me down and beat me up do you?" Theodore asked curiously when he made sure no one was around. He hated when he had to wrry about being watched or hunted down.

"You don't have any protective older brothers that might hunt me down and beat me up do you?"

Abbey bit down on her lip at Theodore's question. "I swear sometimes you're right in my mind," she laughed. "Well they aren't my actual brothers," she said gently. "But I have the protective brother type of friends," she added gently. "I'm sure they wouldn't beat you up though," she said hopefully.

Noah had more sense then that, Brandon would be easy to take care of but if Blake thought Theodore was hurting her wouldn't be very discrete on his feelings towards him.

lame^^

"I've always been really good at sensing what other people are thinking. It's really weird." Theodore secretly wodered to himself where he learned this little skill at. It mostly likely was the fact that he always had to try annnnd predict what his father was thinking before he was killed.

"They probably wouldn't do much harm anyways." Theodore shrugged and pushed himself back up into a standing position. As he started to wipe the dust off of him. "Unless they're like scary sixth years or something." Theodore laughed and offered his hand out to Abbey so he could pulled her up from her sitting position.

Abbey offered Theodore as smile as he spoke to her, and as he mentioned the brother type friends she had being "scary sixth years" she couldn't hold back a slight chuckle. "Well I wouldn't say Noah is scary but he is a sixth year," she smirked before breaking into a gentle smile, seeing that Theodore let out his hand to help her up when he was standing. So sweet, she thought as she placed her hand on his lightly and pulled herself up with his help.

Once standing she rocked lightly on her heals, intertwining her fingers with his before sighing comfortably. "You know there isn't any pressure to do anything, right?" she asked gently, though not exactly expecting a response. Abbey didn't want to make Theodore feeling uncomfortable with anything, and now that it had been attempted she couldn't help but feel that she was reaching further then her years. She was only thirteen afterall.

Theodore gave a soft smile to Abbey. He still wasn't very intimidated by anyone. He'd never want to know this, but Theodore knew a couple of spells that most seconds years dare not even try to think of using. Is was probable that no student in this school had used it. A few teachers maybe, but a student would be very unlikely.

Once Abbey said that there was no rush Theodore chuckled lightly. He would certainly hope not, otherwise he'd probably embarass himself for worse then he had before. Especially since his stomach was churning like a wild raccoon had been allowed to wreck havoc inside his poor stomach. Giving Abbey one last charming smile he reached his hand down and placed a strand of Abbey's hair behind her ear.

"Prions pendant un meilleur jour mon cher.*" Theodore whispered in french lightly before he took a step back and turned to leave.

[*Translation: Let's Pray for a better day my dear. ]

Abbey looked up at Theodore with wide eyes as he placed a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Almost immediately her cheeks flushed a deep crimson, and her muscles loosened to the point where she thought she could fall down, luckily she did not.

"Prions pendant un meilleur jour mon cher."

Abigial's face contorted for a fraction of a second, wishing that she understood what he had just said, all she knew really was that he had said my dear which certainly wasn't enough to understand what he had said, but just as she began fawning over the fact that he had just whispered to her in french, she saw that he was turning to leave. Oy, I wish I had a french/english dictionary, she thought once he was out of sight. Almost a second later she smirked, as Alyssa came into her mind, she could just ask her in casual conversation what it meant, and hopefully she wouldn't think that Theodore had said it to her.

Abbey bit down on her bottom lip and turned to go out of the castle, knowing that there really was no point in her trying to go to sleep now or ever. Mainly because now she was so flustered and giddy she wouldn't be able to sleep and hiding behind there was the fact that she simply couldn't because she was afraid of everything from her past.

END OF THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back