another letter

Steph Shirley

Wand
'Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather'.
Stephanie walked up to the owlery, she came up here everyday, to check if she had any mail.
She walked over to the window and sat in it, like she did everyday.

Alex walked up to his room, he got out some parchment and a quill.
He sat down and began his letter.
Stephanie Shirley,
Hogwarts New Zealand,

Steph,
sorry i havnt sent you any news lately, ive had a lot on. Me and Ami have decided to find a house. And its pretty stressful here. But i guess you've got to know about Rose, so here goes.
She hasnt got any better, the doctors are worried about her. She's refusing to eat, she made herself sick last time we visited. They're gonna put a tube into her stomach, and feed her like that. Its the only way.
Steph please dont get yourself upset. I know she's your best friend, but getting into a state wont help anything.
Rose is to weak to write a proper letter, so she gave me a note. I didnt read it, its private.
I'll write soon.
Alex
x

He grabbed the note Rose had given him and put it in with his letter. He called Robin, his owl. And tied the letter to his leg. 'Have a good flight.' He said, taking his owl to his window and watching him fly until he couldnt be seen. Alex walked out of his room, and went downstairs to call Ami.

Steph waited for half a hour, finally she saw a snowy owl fly straight for the window she was in, she jumped out of the way as the owl came closer.
Stephanie took one look at the owl and knew it was her brothers. Her stomach jolted as she reached out. Steph had longed for news, but now, she really didnt want to read it.
She un- rolled the parchment and read the letter.

Stephanie's heart sank, suddenly all the happiness she had felt earlier had gone.
She took out the note and opened it.
Sez,
Im sorry, ive gotta do this.
RoRo.
x

Steph fell to her knee's, and held her head in her hands. She was crying, harder than she had cried in her life.

It must of been at least a hour after she got the letter. Steph stood up and wiped her eyes. She took out some parchment and her quill, and wrote back to her brother.
Alex Shirley,
Shirley house,
Legend Avenue,
Canada.

Alex,
thanks for writing. Ive been eager to get news for ages. I'l try not to worry, i guess.

Stephanie stopped, large tears had splashed onto the letter and smudged the ink,
Wow, you and Ami getting a place of your own? Aw but that means you wont be there when i come home!
I hope everythings ok with you.
Sorry this letters so short. I guess im not up to this.
Lots of love always Steph
x

Steph wiped her eyes again, and went over to a owl, she tied the letter to its foot, she watched it fly out of the window, and into the distance.
Stephanie sat down again, and waited.

Hollie trudged up to the owlery with some owl treats for Snowie. It had been ages since she'd spent time with her owl. It sounded stupid, but to Hollie it was important.
She froze when she saw Steph crying.
"Oh Steph, what's wrong!" she gasped, fear flooding through her. She'd heard that Steph's best friend had been diagnosed with Diabetes Type 1, but it looked like more news had just come through. She walked over to Steph and put her arms around her friend. "Steph?" she whispered.

Tears were pouring out of her eyes, 'I. . It doesnt matter, im being stupid.' She said in a small voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back