Another letter home...

Harri laughed "True," she said playfully. "Oh wow! Whats the night bus like?" she asked, she had heard about it before and couldn't wait till she could travel on it. "Looks like you had a fantastic time!" she said looking at their happy faces. A puzzled look came across her face "Has something happened between you and Brian?" she asked looking at the photo which had fallen to the floor, they all looked pretty happy in it and she wondered how old the photo was.

"It was possibly the funniest way I've ever travelled in my life. He doesn't slow down at all. When he needs to stop he just brakes suddenly like and we all went flying into whoever was infront of us. Totally mental and the best part was when he's just zipping along between traffic, the bus in charmed so that it squeezes its way through tight spots, people and all. We had a great time, notice see... a skirt" Andromeda pointed to herself in the photo, "I actually dyed my hair the day after that was taken."
She thought about what Harri said looking at Brian in the photo.
"We all left each other last summer with promises of writing. We were fine then or so I thought. I wrote to him every week without fail and didn't once get a reply back. Not one."

Harri laughed "The bus sounds great, I'll definatly have to go on it some day!" she siad thinking when the oppertunity might arise. Her smile vanished "Thats terrible Andy," she said softly "Are you sure he got the letters?" she asked "Have you spoken to him since being back?" she asked.

Andromeda scuffed the tops of her runners on the step.
"At first I was just too angry and chose to ignore him until I calmed down, then Zuka told me that his mother had taken away all his magical stuff and hid his letters as well. So I was quite happy to give him the benefit of the doubt but he hasn't come near me, not once. Which leads me to believe that he was either lying to Zuka or he just doesn't want any more to do with me" Andromeda bit her lip before continuing, "I'd rather not believe he'd lie to Zuka which only leaves the other explanation. He just doesn't want to be my friend anymore."

Harri shook her head "What reason would he have for not wanting to be friends?" she said quietly "He's probably just busy! Not avoiding you at all!" she said softly.

"Well I'm not even going to think about it right now. I need to summon that blasted owl Freckles to give him Mom's letter. This is where I get my hands pecked to ribbons" she held up her hands to show Harri the little scratch marks that riddled both hands, "The ointment I was given would work a treat but they just keep returning every time I have to post a letter. So most of the time I don't even bother putting the ointment on anymore. Zuka's kitten made those ones. That's why I couldn't stay in the dorm with you this year. Animals hate me since I became the big bad wolf".

Harri laughed "That owls certainly telling you whos boss," she said examining the scratches on Andys hand "They look nasty," she said after looking at them. "Aww come off it, big bad wolf? seriously, you don't know the meaning of the word bad!" she said jokingly judging her "Well I wish the letter luck," she said truthfully, she hoped Andy did get a reply from her mum.

Andromeda smiled at Harri she so enjoyed being with someone so lighthearted and easy going.
"Just remember to duck when Freckles comes near ok" she warned her lifing her wand and summoning her owl.

The owl gave a mad screech already aware of what this would mean, it seemed to fight every step of the way as if it was going into the jaws of a monster. As it got closer, Andromeda stood up and pulling a dragon glove from her robe put it on one hand and waited for the owl to land. It's claws digging into the glove. She had only thought about the dragon glove the night before and hoped it would work, so far so good. With the other hand she tried to clip the letter to Freckles, who nipped her constantly on her other hand.
"Ow Freckles stop that" eventually the letter was secure and Andromeda let him go.

She watched as it flew off then pulled the glove from her hand and examined it.
"Wow I'm going mad I didn't use this during the summer. There isn't any fresh cuts on this hand, well compared to this one anyhow."

Harri couldn't help but laugh as Andy pulled out a dragon skin glove, she covered her mouth and cleared her throat "Sorry, completly series," she said before grinning and laughing again, "You really thought this through didn't you?" she siad as Andy pulled off the glove "Not too bad," she said examining the damage.

"I had to" she smiled at Harri, "Last year I got so much grief from Brian for not wanting to go near Freckles or the other owls. They used to go haywire as soon as I made it passed a certain step like they could sense me. They would actually start thrashing themselves off of the cages. I couldn't let that keep happening, so I used to get others to post my letters for me. Amazing what a smile can do."
She straightened her skirt abit before looking up to the owlery.
"Brian thought I was just being chicken which I didn't think was fair. So as soon as I was accomplished at the summoning charm I began to use it to bring Freckles to me. I'll give him a treat when he gets back for his effort in putting up with me. It can't be easy for the poor sod. Hey were you going to post a letter? I can wait for you if you want".

"Thought you were chicken? Because you didn't want to get savaged by an owl?" Harri asked both suprise a bit of a laugh in her voice. "No, no I didn't, jsut fancied stretching my legs!" Harri said smiling and looking around at all the many owls in there.

"How about a walk about then, see who else we can spot around here. Have you seen many of the first years yet because I haven't. It's almost like they're avoiding me too. Must be the way I eat at meal times puts them off, even a bit of a wolf then" she laughed as she made to move down the steps.
"You coming Turner?"

Harri grinned "Yeah the first years are great!" she said truthfully "I'm loving having someone who kinda well looks up to me and asks me for afvice!" she said laughing "Stupid I know," she added quickly. "Eating meals putting them off? I doubt it, there all so eager to make friends nothing could put them off," she said truthfully. "Course I'm coming Fiorelli, gosh your names a mouth full isn't it? Andromeda Fiorelli!" she said slowly so as not to pronounce it wrong.

"My name a mouth full don't be daft" she thought about it for a moment though, it had never bothered her as she could say it since she was small but she guessed to anyone else it might be considered long winded.
"Try saying Andromeda Francesca Fiorelli then, that's my full name" Andromeda looked back up at the owlery once more hoping Freckles would return with something from her mother, yesterday had been Andromeda's 13th birthday and there hadn't been a single thing from her. A card from Essie and another from Harrison but nothing from her mother. Even her grandmother in Ireland had managed through Essie to get a card to her.
"Ms. Turner you are awfully slow today" she laughed jumping off the second last step and waiting for Harri to catch up.

Harri cocked her head on the side her eyebrows high "Are you taking the mick Andy?" she asked laughing. "Andromeda Francesca Fiorelli," she said slowly and still feeling tongue tired "Honestly that is the longest name in history!" she said jokingly. "I'm not that slow," Harri said laughing and running down the steps for jumping the last three. Her face turned to pain "Ouch owww, oww," she cried hopping aroudn "Impact shock," she said hopping from one foot to the other and laughing and how funny she was look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back