Another letter home...

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda sat on the steps of the owlery writing a letter to her mother, she really didn't know why she bothered. Like Brian her mother hadn't bothered to write to her this summer either. Perhaps that's why she felt the sting of her so called best friends lack of communication all the more sharply. Just one more person who she cared about to drop out of her life without saying why, like she never mattered at all.
Dear mom,

It's good to be back at Hogwarts again, though I did have a really great summer with Essie and Zuka. We met lots of new kids and I managed to work up a storm as well. I don't have much news other than to tell you, that I won't be back for Christmas. The triwizard tournament is on this year and there will be so much happening around the school. I'm sure you won't miss me anyhow.

Take care, all my love

Andromeda

She knew the letter was quite simple but she really didn't need a long winded one, why waste parchment when there would be no reply anyhow.

Harri walked up to the owlery, she had left Jaspar asleep on her bed and fancied stretching her legs. She didn't have any letters to send, though she thought she probably should write to her dad, but she had began enjoying trips to the owlery and thought it would be nice to visit it after her long summer. As sge jumped up the last steps she saw Andy, "Hey!" she said gently she seemed kind of upset "Are you okay?" she asked walking over to her friend.

Andromeda looked up to see Harri coming up the steps. She smiled at her as best she could.
"Harri I think that is the million dollar question really, writing a letter to my mom but don't know why I'm even bothering. She hasn't replied to a single one all summer long".
Andromeda folded up the piece of paper and put it inside its envelope.
"How are you doing? Good to be back?"

Harri smiled symphaticlly "Parents ehh? Who'd have 'em!" she said in a thick London accent. "How comes she's not replying?" Harri asked, wondering if she could help in any way. "Summer was amazing but I'm glad to be back!" she said honestly,over the summer her apperence had changed slightly her hair was now dark brown and her face seemed more mature, not that she herself had noticed. "Did you enjoy your summer with Zuka?" she asked.

"We had a great time actually, alot of work of course to do but we got up to our fair share of mischief as well" Andromeda smiled and patted the step beside her for Harri to sit down.
"Mom remarried this summer and spent the rest of the time after her honeymoon setting up home. I wasn't invited and none of my letters were answered. Its like a whole new life she's making for herself that doesn't include me".
Andromeda knew it was only a theory but it was a damn good one.

Harri smiled and took a seat "Glad it was good!" she siad truthfully. "Andy I'm sure its not like that, like you said shes setting up home, she'll be busy!" Harri said softly "She wouldn't just abandon you would she now?" she said confidently. "Whats the man like that she remmarried?" Harri asked.

Andromeda looked horrified at Harri before breaking down into a guffaw of laughter.
"Would you believe I don't know. I've never met him but he was some old school romance she had forever ago. They're welcome to one another anyhow and not only didn't she write to me this summer but I wrote a letter every week to his nibs, Brian my so called best friend and he never bothered to write either" Andromeda didn't think she could feel any lower until another thought popped into her head that she knew would make Harri smile about any way.
"Oh and guess what?"

Harri couldn't help but laugh as Andy did "You've never met him? And he's...well hes your step dad!" she said slightly amazed "Not even once?" Harri asked suprised, that didn't sound like something a best friend would do, "What, what else could be wrong?" she asked smiling a little.

Andromeda had to laugh at Harri now.
"No, nothing else wrong. This summer I wore dresses and skirts" she let this sink in with Harri, as she knew exactly what it was like for Andromeda to wear a dress in the first place.
"We were going to a nice restuarant with my godmother one evening so I put on the pink dress you gave me. It escalated from there. I think that's why I went even a step further and dyed the hair too."

Harri let the words sink in and then her jaw dropped open, "You. Wore. my. Dress?" she said shocked "Oh yes! I told you I'd win!" she said excitedly jumping up and down laughing, "Your hair looks great too! Really suits you!" she said grinning boradly "I knew I'd get you into dresses!" she said happily "Bet you got a load of offers from boys ehh?" she said nudging her friend and laughing.

Andromeda rolled her eyes as she grinned allowing Harri her moment of triumph. Andromeda had always been a jeans and tracksuit kind of girl until Harri had given her a gift of a dress in their first year of school. She had only worn it during the summer as she had nothing else nice and formal to wear to the restuarant that Essie had wanted to take them and she really wanted to give a good impression for her sake. So she had worn the dress and liked it. It had looked nice on her and when they had gone clothes shopping the following week, Andromeda had stopped for the first time infront of skirts and dresses, actually eager to try some on.
"Go on lap it up" she laughed, "and no... boys are not falling over themselves for me. I am only 12 what is it with everyone? Essie was the exact same, "oh the boys will love you in that" "oh look at the fine pair of legs you have, wait till the boys see those!" I mean please... it's enough to turn any girl off wearing the stuff".
she looked at Harri again, smiling as she shook her head.
"And thanks... about the hair. Still getting used to it".

Harri laughed she was beaming now, "Come on Andy, I bet they were, I mean you must have got one comment?" she said truthfully, "And I met Essie, before in the quiditch shop! She seems lovely!" Harri said grinning and thinking about the boy in her life at the moment.

Andromeda couldn't help but laugh.
"There was one boy who flirted with me at the ice cream parlour but from what I saw he flirts with every girl so he doesn't count. Other wise no, ok a muggle boy wolf whistled the time we went to the village and I had on a denim mini skirt with my high black boots and my thigh high pink socks. Don't worry I did have a top on as well" she laughed again, delighted now that Harri had been the one to find her here on the steps. She needed cheering up "How about you? Met any boys over the summer?"

Harri laughed "Who was this ice cream parlour boy then?" she asked interestedly, she couldn't help but laugh "Wolf whistles?" she said "Told you skirts and dresses are your thing!" she said grinning. Harri blushed "Well I did actually, his names Kevin. Kevin Finnigan, and we kissed and," she paused it was still hard to believe "He asked me out!" she said in an extremly girly voice, "I mean someone actually likes me!" she said, it was still quite hard to believe.

Andromeda looked wide eyed at Harri, how in the name of goodness was someone like Harri surprised that boys would think she was lovely enough to ask out? This always amazed Andromeda about her friends, she on the other hand couldn't care less if her legs were long and wiry or if her hair was all glossy and perfect. She never got dressed to impress any boys and she never thought about any boys like that. Ok some had been pretty cute over the summer, but she just so wasn't interested. Not like that anyhow. But she was delighted for Harri, she was obviously very smitten with this boy, Kevin.
"Oh Adrian was his name. Cute but nothing to write home about. Tell me more about Kevin" she smiled at Harri, Andromeda felt better when the spotlight was taken from her, if she were to be truthful she had only ever truly liked one boy and right now that one boy was so far in her bad books she didn't even want to think about him.

Harri giggled, "But seriously I just don't uderstand why he likes me!" she said quietly, "Actually I have a picture of me and him!" she said muttering the summoning charm and catching the shiny photo as it came round "It was taken with my muggle camera so it doesn't move!" she said grinning and handing over the photo
AlexAlexaLL_326x520.jpg

"We had actually met before, at a summer camp but he was just a friend then, but we met again and its was just. Well it was just really natural!" she said happily. "He's absoloutly lovely!" she said grinning.
"Anyway enough about me, I'm boring. How about you? If you don't like this Adrian who do you like?" she asked inquisitivly.

Andromeda looked at the photograph as Harri passed it to her. She thought they were only adorable.
"Would you look at you in your dress, no wonder he fell for you. You're stunning girl! You look really cute together" Andromeda passed the photo back to Harri, she had taken many photos herself this summer all of Zuka and herself, she had hoped that Brian would have tried to visit and they would have had some great memorable shots of their holidays but there had been no visits, no letters, nada, zip, nothing.
"There's no boy" she said it very simply, quite matter of factly so that it was quite understood she didn't 'fancy' any boy.

Harri laughed "Well I love a nice dress!" she said winking, then she laughed harder "Me stunning," she snorted "Yeah right," she said shaking her head. Although she was told she was pretty she never really believed it. After all what was special about her? she raised an eyebrow "theres no-one, you don't like anyone?" she asked wondering if this was true or not, then shrugged.

"Don't have time for boys and could you seriously imagine trying to explain the whole reason why I'm almost a pale shade of grey most of the time, why I am sick for a day or two leading up and away from the full moon. I don't think any boy would really understand" she looked at the envelope now in her hand, Brian knew he had been the first person she had told and a part of her regretted it now. Their friendship that she had always considered rock solid even with all their spats was now dissolving, he was indifferent to her completely. He just didn't care.
"So will Kevin mind you going to the Yule Ball and things like that without him?"

Harri smiled symphetically then turned angry "Gosh if any boy dared to mess you around I would kill him!" she said, her features rearranged into a scowl "Promise you'll tell me if it does happen, and werewolves will be the least of their worries!" she said laughing and nudging Andy, "Seriously, if a boy was like that to you, they can't be worth it can they? If they can't handle you at your worst then they definatly don't deserve you at your best!" she said to Andy.
"I actually don't know. I probably wouldn't go the yule ball though, no-one heres crazy enough to ask me!" she said laughing gently, "How about you, if you had to chose someone to take you to the yule ball who would it be?" she asked grinning.

Andromeda laughed at Harri's indignation on her behalf. She leaned over and playfully pushed her back with her shoulder.
"Thanks Harri. I think it would get way too complicated anyhow. You know as I get older. I've read loads of stories about werewolves but they're all about male wolves not any female werewolves. So its hard to imagine if I could ever have children you know." Andromeda rolled her eyes.

"I know I'm only 12 but I guess I just always presumed I'd get married at some point and have loads of kids. Now that seems highly unlikely. I didn't go to the Yule ball last year, I threw a party in the common room but after the dress incident with you and with the triwizard tournament coming up, I think it would be fun to actually go this year. Dateless if necessary, I don't care really. Loads did that last year didn't they?"

She thought for a moment, Andromeda would love for Brian to ask her but she knew that would never happen, so put the thought right out of her mind. There was only one other boy she was friends with here that she might consider going with.
"Well there's a third year Hufflepuff boy, I met him last year when he transferred. He's Professor Heimdells son, Njord. He is lovely, we're JUST friends though Harri, so don't get any ideas." she laughed herself.

"What can't warewolves have kids?" Harri asked, suprised, "Oh I thought you'd say Brian!" she said honestly, "ooo Njord, eh?" she said completly ignoring the fact that Andy had said she only liked him as a friend "Whats he like then? What does he look like?" she asked keen to know more.

"I guess I'd be so afraid incase my werewolve genes would pass on to the baby or something" Andromeda stretched her legs out infront of her, they had gotten longer over the summer. Could she get any lankier?
"I would have said Brian I guess but the past few months have put paid to that" she bit her lip and looked at the scuffed tops of her runners. She would always have a place in her heart for him but he was just hurting her so much.
"Njord is lovely, he's just really sweet and kind. Easy to talk to though he is a bit shy" she smiled at Harri, "He doesn't look anything like Brian, the complete opposite actually. He's taller naturally being a bit older, he's blond with blue eyes, cute."

Harri looked at Andy symphetically "But there could be a chance it didn't turn out a werewolf!" she said quietly. "O he sounds lovely, sure your only friends?" she asked laughing, "Sounds like you like him to me!" she said playfully.

Andromeda was glad she didn't have to hide her secret from her friend anymore but she didn't think anyone would ever truly understand her worries and fears about her condition. She decided to just veer away from the topic altogether.
"You would think I liked any boy whose name I mentioned" she smiled at Harri, "We are just friends, I think he actually has a girlfriend at his old school. Anyhow hang on I have a photo here of myself and Zuka by the nightbus. Essie my godmother took it of us, we were going to see a muggle movie in the city about 20 miles away from where she lived. It was gas, the bus trip and the movie. Here".

aandzonthenightbus.jpg

Andromeda reached inside the breast pocket of her robe and pulled out a photo, another photo fell out and tumbled to the step at Harri's feet.
3amigosinhallway.jpg

Andromeda picked it up and stared hard at it. It had been taken by the photographer of the school paper the previous year, herself and Zuka and Brian just chatting away about goodness knows what. But they had been happy, Andromeda had purposefully gone and asked for the photo if it wasn't going to get used. She carried it everywhere with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back