Another Girl Talk

Toni Addison

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
A year without drama. What was Toni thinking? It was impossible for her to make it through a whole year without drama filling the air. This year however Toni thought the only drama would be her mixed emotions and feelings for Sam. Now a whole person was added into the mixture, Jenna. The hufflepuff brat was now back at the school. It wasn't fair. Though Toni felt completely selfish thinking about that. Was Toni more upset that Jenna was back and Beau wasn't coming back no matter what or was she upset because she didn't want a wedge drived between her and Sam? Maybe a bit of both were put into play.

After spending a few hours in her dorm staring at the ceiling, Toni decided that she really needed to talk to someone. But who? Without giving it much though, Toni got off her bed and left the Slytherin dorm. This Slytherin second year walked through the corridors climbing stair case after stair case until she reached the seventh floor corridor.

Once on the Seventh floor corridor, Toni seemed to pace down it a few times. Was she being stupid about this whole matter? Why was she bringing Taylor into this? Didn't Taylor have enough of Toni's problems thrust onto her? Yet Taylor was the only other girl that Toni trusted enough to talk with. Plus Taylo wasn't, as far as Toni knew, obsessively happy about the arrival of Jenna.

Taylor was reading on her bed although the words in her book didnt process in her brain. Her mind was definatly elswhere today. After reading the same line on her page about 17 times, Taylor shut the book and tossed it on the bedside table. She sighed, thinking back to the arrival of Jenna. Somehow Taylor felt as though this new arrival would push her out of the group. She knew it was illogical to think that way, but she couldnt help it. In the Great Hall Taylor had stood saying very little as Sam, Hoshi and Scorpius all focused their attention on Jenna. Jenna was the one person that just didnt seem to like Taylor very much.

Flinging herself off the bed Taylor realised she needed a walk. A walk around the castle always cleared her head. As she walked through the Gryffindor Common Room she thought about sending Toni an owl later. She was clearly not impressed about Jenna arriving, so maybe she could talk to her about it. She would at least understand and Merlin knew she needed to have a bit of rant about the girl's arrival too. As Taylor excited the Gryffindor Tower and walked down the Seventh Floor Corridor, Taylor saw just who she had been planing to meet up with later. "Hey Toni." She said with a smile, coming to a halt.

Toni was so close to just leaving and going back to the dorm to figure this out on her own. Afterall Taylor probably did like Jenna as much as the rest of the group. This meant simply that once more Toni was the outcast of the group, the one that always looked difficult to get along with, the one that seemed to always be starting things. Believe it or not this wasn't always the case. Yet before Toni could turn and make her descend down the stairs, she heard a voice say her name. Turning around she saw that it was none other than Taylor.

"Hey" Toni said flashing Taylor a smile. Though smiles weren't coming as naturally as they were days before the arrival of the hufflepuff brat, this Slytherin could still smile when she was in the presence of certain people. Sam in particular though that was for a completely different reason. Taylor however had that aura that made her an easy one to talk to. "Going for a walk?" Toni asked almost hoping that she wasn't interupting Taylor on her travels. What if she was going to meet up with Knight or worse Jenna?

Taylor shrugged slightly at Toni's question. "I dunno'." She said through a sigh. "Have a lot on my mind ever sinse the arrival of Jenna. I was hoping to catch up with you later actually." Taylor admitted softly, wondering if Toni even wanted to talk about this whole situation. It seemed like everything had settled in to normality again and now Jenna had come and dropped the bombshell that was herself on the group.

"What are you doing all the way up here?" She asked, saving her thoughts for the conversation that she wanted to have. If not with Toni then definatly with Knight. Even if he didnt agree, Taylor hoped he would still listen.

Toni seriously wanted to hug Taylor as she mentioned Jenna in such a fashion. No the Gryffindor didn't dis the nearly arrived Hufflepuff, but Taylor didn't seem thrilled with the arrival which was in Toni's mind a great sign. Plus Taylor was hoping to catch up with Toni on a later date which meant that she wanted to talk. Didn't it? Running her hand through her hair, Toni tried to think about how to word her question.

"Well I was actually looking for you" Toni said. "I mean yeah with everything going on, I don't know. I'd be nice to talk to someone who isn't exactly happy with the new member of the group" Toni said knowing quite sure that Jenna was not a new member but an old member who annoying decided to join back up without everyone's consent. Toni would never agree to have Jenna back into her own surroundings if it was a voting opinion. Why couldn't it be just in this one situation? It would surely make this Slytherin's life easier. "So what do you think about this whole thing? Jenna coming back and all?" Toni asked wanting the view point of Taylor hoping that she wasn't the only one that shared this certain standpoint.

"Well that works out nicely then doesnt it?" She laughed a little after Toni had admitted to trying to find Taylor. Turns out they both had the same thing on their mind as well. She nodded when Toni said it would be nice to talk. Taylor definatly had to agree, she needed to get these stupids thoughts out of her head so she could make sense of them, because really they seemed a bit stupid in her own mind.

"Theres something about it I dont like." Taylor said uneasily when Toni asked what she thought. "Ive never been a friend of Jenna's and her just coming back and everyone being okay with the fact that she didnt say goodbye and-" She stopped realising she was going to start rambling if she wasnt careful. She ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "Your obviously not too pleased I take it?" She asked, with a small laugh.

Toni let out a small laugh when Taylor said that things worked out nicely. "I guess so" this Slytherin said still unsure about how much she wanted to talk. This Slytherin was one hundred percent sure she wasn't going to have another one of her 'meltdowns.' There was no need this time. Plotting to get rid of Jenna maybe but not a melt down. No Taylor would be too nice to get rid of someone and Sam would hate me Toni thought knowing very well that she had no power over whether Jenna stayed at this school or left once more. If she did however, Toni would send the problem packing without a second thought. Everyone here was better off without her.

Nodding as Taylor spoke Toni seemed to agree one hundred percent. Still Toni wasn't sure how everyone was forgiving Jenna so easily hugging and telling the Hufflepuff how much she was missed. It didn't make sense. "No I'm not really happy about it at all" Toni said truthfully. "Jenna messed things up before and I don't want her to drive a wedge between everyone again" Toni explained not knowing if Taylor understood exactly what Toni was referring to, but Toni guessed that she would. "And I don't think I can survive if Sam and her" Toni paused unable to finish the sentence for the words wer way too painful. "Well you know" she continued looking at the ground for a moment. Would Sam run back to Jenna or would Jenna run back to Sam? The thought wanted to make Toni strangle that fake blonde.

Toni admitted she wasnt happy about and it and Taylor knew it would Toni's answer. Who would be when they were in Toni's position? It was one more person that was against Toni that everyone thought was gone for good. At the mention of Sam and Jenna, Taylor knew what Toni meant although she wasnt completely sure how she meant it. There was of course the fact that if Jenna and Sam got back together that it would mean to the group was coupled up apart from Toni and Hoshi and that would suck for Toni for obvious reasons. There was the fact that Jenna had come back but her Beau hadnt. There was then that Toni... Liked Sam again? Could the gossip magazine be telling the truth?

"What do you mean?" She said gently, in a tone that said Toni didnt have to explain if she wanted to. If it was the last reason, then Taylor couldnt be sure if Toni would want to talk about it and Taylor would be happy to leave her her privacy. In some ways the last reason did make sense. Every time the group had met after the Reunion Sam and Toni had acted a little weird, but Taylor had disregarded it as nothing.

This Slytherin's brown eyes looked up at Taylor when she heard Taylor's simple question. Wasn't it obvious? Hadn't Toni made it obvious? Maybe Toni's glancing over at Sam at every possible moment, the smiles, and the butterflies that Toni had in her stomach all the time when she was in his sight wasn't as standoutish as she had expected. That's good. No one needs to know that you're falling for him again She reminded herself as she looked back down at the ground for but a second.

Once her eyes were back on Taylor, she let out a small smile. "I don't know what I mean." Toni said truthfully. "Sam is well..." Toni paused not knowing she was going to word this. "We are just friends Sam and I. He wants us to be the best of mates so it doesn't matter how I feel or what I want in that department. But Jenna and him. Somehow she always knew what to say and how to react. She knew how to get on his good side and pass the friend line" Toni continued her cheeks turning the slightest shade of pink when she spoke of things like this. You are just being a pathetic girl She thought

Quickly changing the subject, Toni spoke once more. "Why do you think everyone forgave her so easily? I mean after what she did. It seems unfair" Toni said thinking that things in this world seemed rather unfair. This was a life lesson that this twelve year old was learning earlier than she expected.

Taylor listened as Toni spoke, a small smile reaching her face. As Toni blushed Taylor had to admit it would be good if her and Sam got together again. She had always thought they were a cute couple and when they had first broken up all the way back in first year, Taylor hadnt judged Toni on what happened like everyone else did. Jenna shouldnt have moved in like that, but Toni and Sam went their seperate ways and once Beau and Jenna both left, it seemed like some kind of sign that Toni and Sam should be together. Taylor believed that everything happened for a reason, so that happening wasnt just a coincidence to her. But Jenna coming back would ruin everything for Toni, Taylor knew that. Jenna and Sam hadnt really officially broken up had they? Without Taylor knowing much about Jenna, she couldnt tell what her intentions were with Sam at this stage.

"Thats really harsh Toni." She said, the extent of her situation finally hitting home. "If its anything, Sam does act rather odd around you and I saw him look at you and smile goofily a few times at his birthday." She said with a chuckle. "I think you just have to ignore what Jenn and him may have and focus on what you and Sam have." She said with a smile.

"Im not too sure, I plan to talk to Scorp about it. I guess once the hype of her being here will settle soon and hopefully people will sort themselves out." She shrugged, biting her lip. "But I definatly think things are going to change with her around." She couldnt help but feel worried, although she wasnt completely sure why she should feel that way.

Toni couldn't help but have an ounce of hope when Taylor said that Sam had smiled at Toni during his party. How did this Slytherin girl not notice it. Don't get your hopes up too high Toni reminded herself not knowing if she could take another blow in her 'love' life. After everything with Sam and Beau, Toni was done with rejection, tears, and heartbreak. Yet why was she then opening her heart up to Sam once more. Maybe just Maybe this Slytherin never learned or maybe she trusted Sam that much. Either way, Toni was wearing her heart on her sleeve once more knowing that this would be the last time if things went terribly wrong.

Nodding slightly she smiled at Taylor. "You really always know what to say" She said. No wonder when Toni was always in a time of need she found her way to Taylor. Yet for once Toni realize that she wasn't the only one being affected by the arrival of Jenna. The way Taylor spoke, Toni was sure that she was a little nervous or uncertain about what would happen when Jenna began to hang around the group more and more.

"Things will change" Toni agreed. "But hopefully not too much" She continued not knowing what to say about how things would change. Things could change so much that the group could fall apart or they could barely change having Jenna just become an outsider that no one wants. As much as Toni wanted the later option to occur, she knew it wouldn't be to either extreme. "I mean it's not like Jenna's going to replace someone in the group or anything" Toni said letting out a small laugh yet for some reason the laugh felt unreal. Was that something that Toni was worried about having someone be replaced by Jenna in the group? Did this worry Taylor as well or was Toni just being ridiculous?

Taylor grinned. "I try." She shrugged with a joking smile playing on her face. Toni was Taylor's closest 'girl friend' at the school. Actually, she was Taylor's only girl friend at the school. She hung out with mostly guys. There was Scorpius, Aeon, Sam and Toni who were her best friends. Hoshi was a close friend, but they didnt hang out that much other than group occations. Taylor didnt mind it though, girls caused more drama than guys did. Although, the way the group had been last year, she couldnt really say boys were completely drama free.

When Toni mentioned that things would change, Taylor knew it would. But whether it was for the better or not, Taylor wasnt sure. At Toni's next words and then her laugh, Taylor smiled although it didnt reach her eyes that time. Was that what she was afraid of? The group replacing her now that Jenna was back. Taylor knew that couldnt happen, not with her relationship with Scorpius and her close ties with Sam and Toni. But Taylor recalled not fitting in too well back in the days Jenna was in the group...

A twisting feeling grabbed at Taylor's heart at the sudden thought. As soon as Jenna left, everyone seemed to warm up to Taylor. Had she been a blonde replacement of Jenna when the girl left? Taylor looked down at the ground. It was an awful thought and Taylor didnt think she believed it. But, it was true that Taylor had felt more a part of the group after Jenna was gone. Could that have been the case? Taylor didnt want to think so, but she wasnt exactly thinking straight at the moment.

Toni ran her hand through her hair as she watched Taylor's reactions to her own words. Was the smile that seemed almost forced Taylor's way of sharing her fear of replacement. What did she have to worry about? Taylor was with Knight. It automatically gave her a spot. Plus Taylor and Sam were close. Of course Taylor and Toni were close, but Toni didn't consider herself in the equation.

With these thoughts, Toni tried to remember the time when Jenna was there then when Jenna left. The group was different at the time. Would it go back to the way it was before, back at the start of first year? Lost in her thoughts, Toni didn't speak for quite some time. Shaking her head getting herself out of thought, she began to speak again. "Sorry. I was lost in thought." Toni explained looking up at Taylor. She had been thinking a lot ever since Sam's birthday.

Toni's words pulled her out of her thought. She chuckled, disregarding everything. She refused to think that way, because it wasnt fair on herself and she knew that it would never happen. Once again it was just Taylor acting over-dramatically. "Yeah me too." She said, shaking her head slightly.

Taylor wanted to move the conversation onto a lighter tone. It wouldnt be fair to have Toni and Taylor's conversation go downhill and their chat turn into what their conversations were usually like when the two met up. She tried a grin and then cocked her head to the side slightly. "So how about you and Sam." She said softly, unconciously glancing down the hall. You could never be too sure who was listening after the Gossip Magazine. Taylor would admit she wanted to know a bit more about this. "Did you want me to put in a good word to him." She joked, although she felt half serious. It would be awesome if they got together. Although Taylor would have to feel a little bad for Hoshi and of course Jenna if that happened. Them being uncoupled in the group.

Forget about it. You can't get rid of Jenna. Well you could but then you may get on Sam and Knight's bed side Toni thought knowing that she wouldn't ever find a way to get Jenna out of the group even if Toni wished for it every night on the star. Really it would just be a waste of a wish.

However she laughed when Taylor offered to put a good word in. "If you think it would help" Toni said with a smile. It was finally nice to get onto a happy conversation. It seemed all the conversations ended up sad or mad or just not on the bright side of things. Maybe since this one began negative talking about the hufflepuff brat that it would end on a happier note. "Well the Yule ball is coming up and I think I'm going to steal a dance with him" Toni continued knowing that she didn't have the guts to actually ask him to go with her, but maybe just a dance would do. "That reminds me the Yule ball. Did you get a dress yet?" She asked

Taylor beamed, thinking the two had to get together. Taylor knew it wasnt one sided either, both of them were just too shy or there was some other crazy reason, to admit it. The topic of the Yule Ball came up and Taylor completely blanked. "I havent even though about it." She shook her head. She knew she was going with Scorpius and that was it. She had no idea what she was wearing. "I have no clue." She admitted with a small laugh. "How about you? Fancy coming to Brightstone for a shopping trip?" She asked, knowing Toni probably couldnt refuse a shopping day. The next Brightstone weekend was coming up shortly and Taylor supposed she would grab a dress from work.

Toni was glad that she hadn't been the only one that did not have everything ready for the Yule ball. Really Toni had talked to Sam about it that day at the cliffs and was surprised that Toni hadn't gotten a dress. That day was the first day Toni started to come up with a small plan to grab a dance with Sam at the ball, if he wanted to. Now with Jenna in the picture, Toni wasn't sure if that would work. Last year Toni may have gone with Beau but Sam went with Jenna. Would it happen again.

"I haven't gotten a dress yet either" Toni said knowing that she wanted something that would blow anyone else out of the water, well maybe just to impress Sam. For that reason, Toni had to look great which meant the perfect dress. Maybe something in silver or blue. Those were two colours that always seemed to work for this Slytherin girl.

As a shopping trip was mentioned, Toni felt better right off the bat. How could she possibly pass up a shopping trip. It would be against her ways. Even with the budget that her father was keeping her on, Toni had made sure to shop whenever possible. "A shopping trip sounds great" Toni said smiling glad that she did have Taylor, an actual female friend, someone she could go shopping with without having to drag them there in the first place. "We are going to both get stunning dresses" Toni said as she tried to remember what Taylor wore last year to the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back