Annoying Portraits

Crystal Storm

OOC First Name
Nicole
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4 Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Crystal was bored so she thought maybe it was a good idea to explore the school. She walked and walked until she reached the second floor corridor. The corridor caught her bright blue eyes with its beautiful portraits. She was filled with amazed when she touched one because it moved and shouted at her "Don't touch me, don't touch me, don't touch me!" yelled a little man, "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry" replied Crystal, "Don't touch me!!" the little man yelled again, "I said I was sorry!" cried Crystal, but the little man continued to yell so Crystal decided to walk away.

Later on, Crystal got tired of walking so she sat on one of the bench near a window and sat to look at the view outside the school.

It was only five in the morning when Hyeori decided to jog around the castle. She overslept the day before so she had to do it twice harder today. While jogging she could see the sun raising up in the sky, it was so beautiful and warm. She had always liked it, sadly she couldn't skate every summer here. Now she had been jogging for four hours nonstop. She reach the second corridor and it was abandoned. The girl stopped and took her drink, started drinking. She walked and spotted a bench so she sat on it and stayed quiet for a while. There was another girl sitting beside her, she seemed to be enjoying the view. Seeing that she wasn't an unfriendly Slytherin, Hyeori decided to greet her. "Hi" She smiled.

While Crystal was watching the view outside the school, she noticed that the school was surrounded with alot of trees, she was very impressed though for she had never seen so many trees before, even back in her hometown in Ontario where she lived in a farm. I wonder what our farm looks like now. She thought to herself, accepting the fact that she would be away from her home for seven years, except for summers.

Later on, while Crystal was busy complaining to herself why she had to go to school, the bright rays of the morning sun caught her eyes. The result reflection sent an explosion of little rainbows all over her face, making her blink (and sigh). Few minutes later, Crystal decided to hum and as she was humming a song her grandma taught her for she had nothing to do, she saw a Hufflepuff boy who was being teased by a couple of Slytherin girls. "Slytherins.....Oh they have nothing to do but oppress people", She said, with a groan.

Fifteen minutes later, while she was watching the beautiful view of the forest (and complaining again) a girl approached her. "Hi", the girl said with a smile. "Hey", Crystal said with a grin. The girl was sweating so Crystal asked "Why are you sweating?".

"Because I've been working out?" Hyeori said looking at the girl and stood up, wiping her sweat with a towel and started doing her stretching routine. A lot of people thought she was in the quidditch team but no, she wasn't, she hadn't had an interest in quidditch. She wanted to a figure skater, that was it, not a quidditch player. "No class today?" Obviously she was chit chatting, she liked keeping the conversation light, not too deep. Those kind of conversation scared her, especially when she was talking with someone she barely knew. But if they insist having that kind of conversation, she would made an excuse and leave them alone.

"No" Crystal said answering the girl's question and smiling a little. The unknown girl stood up, wiped her sweat, and started to do a stretching routine. While Crystal was watching her carefully, she noticed that the girl seemed to be very good at sports, judging the fact that her stretch routine is very unique while on the other hand, Crystal's stretch routine is so last year.

The girl was slim but tall. She was about 5' 6. She has small eyes and flawless complexion and she was (obviously) Asian. She definitely lived in Asia, unless they moved to a country that's not in Asia. Crystal thought to herself. But there's one thing about that girl that caught Crystal's eyes.

It's the girl's hair. Her long dark shiny hair. "I really like your hair" Crystal said with a friendly grin. Crystal always liked black hair, especially if its long and shiny. When she was eight years old , she decided to dye her dark blonde hair to a dark black one but her brother Christopher said that coloring her hair is the most ridiculous idea because she'll only look like a monster if she dye her hair black so Crystal is now stuck with her curly long dark blonde hair.

OOC:
Sorry if I replied really late. I was very busy with the finals. :erm:

Actually Hyeori had no good friends at school, mostly because Hyeori was too innocent and most dislike her because of that and sometimes she was far from innocent and people dislike that too. The girl was too busy in her own world, she was actually thinking about getting out of the school next year although she wasn't sure about this yet. "Are you kidding me? I love your hair!" She said complimenting back to the girl, she always liked blonde hair but sadly she was born with black hair. "And of course, your eyes" She said envying a little and giggled.

The Hufflepuff stood up and massage stretch her feet until 180 degree high. She couldn't just stop and talk to the girl if she wanted to continue chatting she had to do it while stretching or at least doing something. "Sorry I hope you don't mind" She may seemed rude but she didn't care, she had to do this soon her coach would want her to make an over split. As she placed her left foot to the ground she lifted her right foot and did the same thing. "Do you know what figure skating is?" Knowing that it was a muggle sport, the girl might not know what on earth it was but some knew what it was. She even skated with some friends of hers in the school when the pond froze. Or some froze the pond if they wanted to.

Eventually, at this time of day, Crystal is now spending her time in the lakefront daydreaming and writing a song but chit chatting with a girl (and hopefully her future best friend) would be a much better use of her time. Crystal was feeling super glad while chatting with this unknown girl because girls barely talk to her. "Thank You, but I think your hair is cooler and your eyes are very cute" Crystal said grinning while giggling.

"What's that?" Crystal said looking confused. The unknown girl asked her if she knew what figure skating is, but obviously she doesn't. "Is that some kind of song?" Crystal said looking confused again but this time she was both confused and clueless at the same time.

Just as Hyeori thought, the girl didn't know what figure skating was. "It's where you get to skate on the ice. So like, you wear shoes that have blades underneath it and you glide on thin ice" She said trying her best to explain what it was. "Maybe we can skate next winter" She winked and smiled at her. After all this wasn't the first time Hyeori introduced the sport to these people. She was a muggleborn after all so she knew all kinds of sports that muggles played but wizard didn't. So it would be an honor for her to introduced them to some of the students here. "Are you a pureblood by the way?" She didn't mean to be rude but she was a little curious, well if she was a half blood then one of her parents should know what it was and they could take her to the rink later when they were on holiday but if not then Crystal wont be able to skate until one of the muggleborns took her skating or if she tried it on her own.

"Oh" Crystal said as the girl explained what figure skating is. So it wasn't a song after all, maybe it's some kind of a sport. Crystal thought to herself. "That would be great" Crystal said with a shy smile, answering the girl's question if they can skate next winter. Crystal isn't very good in sports especially sports that doesn't involve balls in them except chess, but it's worth a try. Back home, Crystal only plays sports that her dad taught her which are tennis and chess and which are also muggle sports. She wasn't very good at tennis though because she often misses the ball, unlike her brother, Christopher, who plays like an expert during tennis but an idiot during chess. "No I'm not. I'm a half-blood. My mom is a pureblood and my dad is a muggle born, why'd you ask?" Crystal answered when the girl asked if she's a pureblood. She's obviously muggle. Crystal thought while biting her nails. Biting nails was Crystal's original hobbie. She started biting her nails since she was four so it's not a big deal if people say it's disgusting, well to her anyway. "I'm Crystal, by the way. Crystal Storm" Crystal said, introducing herself to the girl.

One of the reason why Hyeori wanted to drop out of Hogwarts was that she wanted to concentrate on skating more than magic but yet she had to stop skating because she was in school. But maybe she could brew a potion that could make her strength last long? For example, forever? "We'll have to wait until someone can freeze the pond or winter" She sighed, the heat was pretty bad during Summer and she dislike it. "I was just wondering" She smiled not meaning to be rude by asking the girl a halfblood or pureblood. "I'm still quite new in magic and stuff and some students in this school are acting like jerks" She shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. It wasn't anyway, they were nothing like muggles, like her parents, they had to depend on magic while muggles invent things and they depend on themselves. Somewhere deep inside she was prejudiced as well, with those snobbish pureblood, she dislike them all. They weren't that special anyway, not all were smart, in fact alot were dumb. "I'm Hyeori Kim" She smiled as she held a hand for her to shake. "Are you from around?" She asked wondering if she was.

Stop biting your nails Crystal! It's so uncool. Crystal kept thinking. Biting nails whenever she's nervous is always normal for Crystal but she thinks that doing that in front of a new person she just met would make the person think she's disgusting and go away. Few seconds later, Crystal successfully stopped herself from biting her nails off. Crystal nodded as the girl said they'll just wait until someone can freeze the pond or winter for them to skate. Crystal was really happy about this conversation, she can't wait until her brother Christopher hears about this. Even though she is so into this conversation, Crystal can't help but feel that something is missing, more like she forgot something that is important. Crystal smiled back at the girl. "Are you a half-blood too?" Crystal asked, wondering if they have something in common. "Yeah" Crystal said, rolling her eyes towards the group of pureblood who passed by them. "Just because they're pureblood that doesn't mean they're that special" Crystal murmured. "Hyeori" Crystal said "That's a lovely name" Crystal smiled, then reached out her hand to shake the hand Hyeori held for her to shake. "What do you mean?" Crystal asked.

Noticing the nervous girl in front of her, Hyeori grabbed the girl by the hand softly and smiled at her. "My mom had to put this awkward liquid on my nails to stop me from biting my nails. It taste really bad" She used to have the same habit as well but she had changed, thanks to her mother who gave her this bitter liquid. "Actually no, I'm a muggleborn although I can always pretend that I'm a pureblood" The girl laughed, her father was a witch but he got out of Hogwarts sooner and got himself homeschooled and continued on his skating career. So Hyeori knew a lot about magic. "Sucks to be me tho when those pureblood find out about me being a.. uhh… What do they call?" She placed a finger on her chin, tapping it. "Oh! Mudblood, yeah that rude word" She rolled her eyes as she glared at the pureblood passing them. "Agreed" She nodded her head and smiled. "Ah thanks! And aaalright! That's one hard question! I honestly don't know" She laughed feeling stupid. "Oh sorry about that, I mean are you from New Zealand?" The girl asked. "We should hang out on brighstone weekend someday" She smiled at Crystal.

Feeling nervous is always something Crystal feels whenever she's around new people (substitute the words talking to for around and you'll get Crystal's gist) but why does her nervous feeling kept fading? Maybe because Crystal's nails are about to be gone so her nervous feeling kept fading away as the conversation with the new girl continues. Just as Crystal was about to analyze that, Hyeori quickly grabbed her arm softly, then put some white liquid on her fingernails. Hyeori, then said that her mom use to put the same awkward liquid on her nails to stop her from biting them so Crystal, then gave it a try. The minute her tongue touched her nails, Crystal point of view on nails started changing. "Yuck! You got it wrong, this doesn't taste really bad, this taste really, really bad. Almost like poo!" Crystal said while spitting. "Sorry, I didn't mean to do that, It just tasted really bad" Crystal said feeling ashamed of her action. "That's cool" Crystal said in reply to Hyeori saying that she can also pretend to be a pureblood. "I know what you feel, my best friend, Lilac is also a muggle and she's also often teased by purebloods". Crystal said, remembering the times Lilac gets teased whenever she visits her mother in the village. "Muggles aren't the only people purebloods opress" Crystal murmured, remembering how purebloods use to trip her and tease her. "I'm from Canada. Ontario, Canada to be specific, how 'bout you?" Crystal asked replying to Hyeori's question. "Sure. That would be great" Crystal said with a friendly smile. "How old are you, if you don't mind?" Crystal asked.

Hyeori laughed as she listened to Crystal talking about her nails tasting like poo. "At least you can't bite your nails for a while now" She smirked as she took her wand, summoning a small towel and placed it on her shoulder. "I don't really care about those purebloods, I can show them that I'm better than them anyway. Bloodstatus is nothing special. So what if you're a pureblood? I mean come on, purebloods and muggleborns and halfbloods get to learn magic and can be good at it." Hyeori never understood why purebloods were so proud of their blood status, just because they had no muggleborn or muggle in their family tree didn't make them special. "Oh wow! I've never been there but I'd love to go there" She smiled as she started to think about her holiday, perhaps her father would take her somewhere and travel with her. "I'm 13, yeaph a third year. How about you?" She asked wondering if she had asked the same question or not.

"Yup! Thanks!" Crystal said thanking Hyeori for the liquid she'd put on Crystal's nails. "Yeah. You're definitely right." She said, nodding in agreement to what Hyeori said. "Sometimes, Muggles and Half-Bloods are even better than Purebloods". Crystal said, grinning. Crystal and Lilac's bullies are always Purebloods, if they aren't they could be Purebloods' friends or even Half-Bloods like Crystal and Lilac, but they never beat Crystal's brother in a fight. Crystal smiled in reply of Hyeori saying she'd love to go to Canada. "How about you? Where do you live?" Crystal asked, hoping to know where her new friend, Hyeori lives. "Me? I'm 12, and I'm a sophomore, a sophomore is a second year incase you didn't know" Crystal said, feeling stupid. Of course, Hyeori knows what a sophomore is, she's not dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back