Annoying Ghosts

Dominic Thatcher

Wand
12 inch, Eucalyptus, Essence of bunyip fang
Dominic's back was against a wall near the corner. He peeked around the side to see if the ghost was there. Dom had gotten into a little bit of a fight with this particular ghost. Well, it wasn't really a fight. This ghost had just began to throw stink bombs at him while he was on his way to the common room. Nevertheless, he was enjoying himself. The ghost spotted him. "Aha!" The ghost exclaimed excitedly. Dom ran forward as the ghost spotted him, the ghost threw a stink bomb at him. He ducked, rolled and quickly jumped behind another corner before the ghost could get an accurate shot. Dom laughed as the ghost was frustrated. He looked at the ghost, he only had a few stink bombs left. If only he could get the ghost to use up his last few stink bombs.

Lindsay walked up to the Ravenclaw tower with an anxious look on her face. It had been years since she had walked these halls. Lindsay was so pleased to be back at Hogwarts New Zealand. It was like she never left. This would be her best year yet. She liked this school way better than Beauxabations, the school she had been force to transfer to. As Lindz made her way up the stairs she spotted a boy throwing stink bombs at a ghost. Lindsay frowned. "What are you doing?" she asked making a face at the smell.

Dom laughed as he saw the girl. What a funny way to meet someone, he thought. "Well, I was on my way to the common room when this ghost starting throwing stuff at me," He said. He quickly dodged another stink bomb. "I'm Dom, by the way," he said, ducking from another stink bomb. The smell was getting bad, and the ghost was getting frustrated, it was still yet to hit him. How annoying, he thought, I can't even hit the ghost because the bombs just go straight through him. Domininc laughed as the ghost threw one that went way off target. It seems that he's made a new enemy at Hogwarts. Dom spotted a stink bomb headingstraight for the girl. "Watch out!" He said, quickly.

Lindsay watched as the ghost continued to pelt the boy with stink bombs. He danced in and out of its reach. Lindsay laughed at him. "Well, its nice to meet you Dom. I'm Lindsay. Lindsay Love." she said introducing herself. Lindsay suddenly saw a stink bomb flying at her. No way it was getting her. She ducked at the right moment. The bomb flew harmlessly over her head. "It reeks." she said with a grimace. "Why is it doing this?" she asked curiously.

"Nice to meet you too, Lindsay," Dom said as Lindsay dodged a stink bomb. "I have no idea," Dom answered truthfully, " I think it has some problems." Dom made sure that the ghost could hear the last word. The ghost began to try harder and harder, Dom was now struggling to dodge them all. He quickly pulled Lindsay away from a stink bomb going straight for her head. As the stink bomb missed Lindsay another hit Dom in the side. The ghost burst into hysterics. "I got you, I got you," It taunted, but Dom was not going to give it any pleasure. The ghost acted like a seven year old, and Dom could outsmart a seven year old. Dom pretended to sniff the air. "Mmmmm... That stink bomb smells great," He said, "Thanks for that, now I smell great." The smell was actually revolting. "I'll throw more stink bombs at you!" The ghost threatend. "Play along," Dom wispered to Lindsay.

Lindsay smiled gratefully at Dom as he pulled her out of the way of a stink bomb. She preferred that the horid things stayed away from her. Lindsay wrinkled her nose involuntarily as a stink bomb hit Dom in the side. The ghost was acting like a child as he danced around. Lindsay frowned at the ghost. She knew what Dom was on about as he wanted her to pretend it actually smelled good. It would be a good test of her acting skills. Lindsay put a brilliant smile on her face. "Oh Dom! You smell so good." she said with a sly smile. "Whatever it is your using don't stop." she said, keeping a straight face.

Dominic smile thankfully as Lindsay played along, keeping a pefectly straight face. Dom help back from bursting into laughter as the ghost squealed like a four year old girl not getting the teddy bear she wanted. The ghost drifted off sulkily. Dom chuckled. "That was brilliant!" Dom told Lindsay truthfully. "So... Have you been at Hogwarts very long?" Dom asked, she seemed older than him, but was definitley still a student, she must have been a seventh year.

Lindsay laughed as the ghost left the pair of them alone. She grinned as Dom complimented the situation. "Weird ghost though." she said laughing again. Lindsay heard Dom's question. "Well yes and no. I attended a while back for my first few years but then my parents made me transfer. I just came back. I haven't been here long at all." she admitted with a smile.

Dom couldn't tell whether she was happy or sad to be back at Hogwarts, she gave away nothing in her tone of voice. "Same, I just transfered here from Hogwarts Scotland, I've only been here for a week or two," He said. It didn't feel like two weekes to Dom, it felt like it had been months since he had arrived here. He had already done so much and met so many people in such a very short space of time.

Lindsay grinned at the boy. Another transfer? Wow, maybe she wouldn't stick out as bad as she thought she would. "Really? What house are you in?" she said not quite sure. "Why did you transfer?" she asked interested. Lindsay was glad to be back here. She had forgotten how much she missed this place. It was nice to return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back