Annamarie Rousseau

Annamarie Rousseau

Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather (Fortified w/ Yew)
Full Name: Annamarie Angelique Rousseau

- Birth Date: August 8, 2009

- Current Age: 11

- Basic Appearance:

Annamarie is roughly 5ft tall and 100 lbs and still growing. At her last check-up her doctor told her she would probably be an “early-bloomer”. She has a rich chocolate complexion and has a natural beauty about her. In terms of clothing and style, Annamarie is a minimalist. Her choices of clothing are usually simple and neat (think girl-next-door chic). She usually limits her accessories down to a pair of earrings, a headband or clip, and a watch, although she always wears a necklace that she received from her mother. Annamarie’s hair comes to about her shoulders and is a brownish-reddish color that highlights and brightens her face. When it is not loose, Annamarie puts her hair into a loose ponytail or messy bun. Her most striking features are her eyes. They are so dark that they almost look black. You can always tell exactly what Annamarie is feeling by looking into her eyes.

- Parents:

Alana Rousseau - Muggle - Died in a car crash when Annamarie was 5.

Marcus Rousseau - Wizard - Former wizarding government worker

Nanny Rousseau (that is what she calls her grandmother) - Witch - Former professor of Muggle Studies at the Salem Institute of Witchcraft and Wizardry

After the car crash, Annamarie’s father quit his job and abandoned magic all together. They both move to Boston to live with his mom.

- Siblings, if any: None

- Pets, if any: No pets

- Area of Residence: Boston, MA, USA

- Blood status: Mixed

- What would their Patronus be? A dolphin

- What would their Boggart be? A blinding light head straight towards her

- What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) At the moment she has no desire to become a animagus...If she had to she would want to be some type of dog.

- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? Her and father happy with her mom looking on proud of how they are coping without her

- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? A memory of a picnic in the park with her mom and dad

- Write an example roleplay by your character:

Annamarie sat at her desk looking frantically from her alarm clock to her bedroom window. “Come on” she whispered to herself. She had nearly been 11 for 4 hours and she still did not have her acceptance letter. After another half-hour she finally gave up and threw herself on her bed. Maybe they did not want me! Maybe they had too many kids and I just suck so much that my space was bumped! Or maybe I am going to be home schooled!!! she thought bitterly to herself. Annamarie slowly cried herself to sleep only to be awakened moments later by a tapping at her window. Annamarie launched herself off her bed and threw open her window allowing a beautiful brown owl hopped in. She took the envelope off the bird’s leg and tore it open. “YES!” she screamed. The owl eagerly flew away happy to get away from all the noise that Annamarie was making. “Finally” she sighed read her letter for the 20th time. She sank down into a chair next to her desk and read her letter one last time before placing it ceremoniously next a picture of her mother.

- Imagine that your character keeps a diary or journal. Write a page that could possibly be found in it:
Dear Diary,

OMG!!!  I am going to Hogwarts New Zealand!!! All this time I thought I was going Salem, but I guess not.  I wonder how Dad and Nanny managed that...hmmm. I doesn’t really make sense really.  Dad spent the better part of my 11 years of living hoping that I would show no signs of magical talent, but know he more than happy...no...positively thrilled...that I am about to move half-way across the globe.  Should I be hurt by this?  Eh oh well for now WHO CARES!!! I am going to Hogwarts!!!  So many things to pack...so many things to BUY!  I am so pumped!

Love ya!
Annamarie

((For some reason, I felt like asking questions of your character. Anyway. These questions are OoC for me, but IC for you. So, just answer as your character would. Feel free to RP, but you don't have to. =P.))

So, you don't know why you're going to Hogwarts New Zealand instead of a wizarding school in Salem?

What are you most looking forward to at Hogwarts?

What are you least looking forward to?

Why would your Patronus be a dolphin?

Why did your father hope that you would show no magical talent?

((No problem!!! :) ))

Annamarie tilted her head to the side doing her best to concentrate on the questions she was being asked.

"Nope I really don't know why" she said as she unconciously scracthed her head. "My grandmother always use to say that education is the most important thing in the world next to air, water, and family. So I knew I was going somewhere but I just assumed I was going to Salem." she said with a slight shrug. "I think it was more my dad's idea than my grandmother's but she is just happy I am going to school."

"Oh...I am most definitely looking forward to meeting new people." she said excitedly as her eyes shined brightly. "I may be bit shy at time but I love being with other people."

"Hmmm...I guess the thing that I am least looking forward to is all the homework. I am kinda a procrastinator." she said with a small smile. Procrastination was one of Annamarie habits she was determined to break.

"I think my patronus would be a dolphin because they have a reputation of just being this happy, friendly creatures that love to jump through hoops and do tricks. But they are also really smart and they have the willingness protect people."

Annamarie frowned alittle at the last question. "Well after the car crash, dad was into magic. It was like his heart wasn't in it anymore. When I started showing more signs for being magical he was just...I don't know...distant. I think he blames magic for my mom's death." she said shrugging.

Welcome to HNZ, Annamarie. I just have a few questions-

Why does Annamarie's dad not want her to show any magical talent?

Why would he be glad that she's moving halfway across the globe?

((Yeah...sorry if this is really confusing. I have issues with translating what is in my head to what I should write. I am trying to work on it! Any suggestions would be lovely! :) ))

Why does Annamarie's dad not want her to show any magical talent?

That is just the impression that Annamarie recieved ever since the car accident. After her mother death, her father kind of shut himself off from the magical world (except for the fact that they live with his mother who is witch) because of the fact that he could not use magic or anything else in his power to save her. He probably would not like to be reminded of what he is trying forget everytime he looks at his daughter (and it doesn't help that she looks more like her mom either).

Why would he be glad that she's moving halfway across the globe?

I guess this would be kind of the same answer as the one above. That is what she assumes. By sending her away he would not have to deal with magical aspects of his daughter's life if she was at HNZ than if she stayed in the states.

I think all this speaks more to her father's character than Annamarie's. The main effect on her charcter would be the guilt she feels because she thinks she is the reason for her father being so unhappy and the way she bottles-up her own emotions so she can better focus on others. She is kind of like her father in the way that she feels like she has to save and protect people.

No, you're doing totally fine! I think you have a really solid background in the works!

So, is Annamarie still living in Boston or is her dad going to move to NZ to be closer to her?

If she knows anything about the houses at Hogwarts, which would she prefer to be in?

So, is Annamarie still living in Boston or is her dad going to move to NZ to be closer to her?

Yup...Annamarie is still going to live in Boston with her father and grandmother. But whether or not she will returning regularly during breaks is still up for debate.

If she knows anything about the houses at Hogwarts, which would she prefer to be in?

Her grandmother made her read books about Hogwarts before she left to make sure she was prepared...so she is fairly well informed. Annamarie (and her grandmother) hopes to be in Gryffindor.

Your background is looking really solid! :D

Did either Annamarie's dad or grandmother go to Hogwarts? They seem rather enthusiastic about her going to a Hogwarts.

((Thanks!))

Did either Annamarie's dad or grandmother go to Hogwarts? They seem rather enthusiastic about her going to a Hogwarts.

Nope they both went to Salem. But her grandmother always admired Hogwarts as an institution and was quite happy that Annamarie is getting a chance to experience it. Her father is just happy that she is going to school somewhere.

No problem!

So was Salem filled up with students? Is that why Annamarie couldn't go?

So was Salem filled up with students? Is that why Annamarie couldn't go?

Hmmm...that is a good question. It was her father's idea and her grandmother supported whole-heartedly and they opted for Hogwarts over Salem. (Is that possible?)

I suppose it could be possible. Well, Annamarie, it's good to see you on HNZ! I'll post any more questions as I think of them. ^_^

***AN UPDATED CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT PROFILE!!!***

Full Name: Annamarie Angelique Rousseau

- Birth Date: August 8, 2009

- Current Age: 11

- Basic Appearance:

Annamarie is roughly 5ft tall and 100 lbs and still growing. At her last check-up her doctor told her she would probably be an “early-bloomer”. She has a rich chocolate complexion and has a natural beauty about her. In terms of clothing and style, Annamarie is a minimalist. Her choices of clothing are usually simple and neat (think girl-next-door chic). She usually limits her accessories down to a pair of earrings, a headband or clip, and a watch, although she always wears a necklace that she received as a christmas gift from her father. It belonged to her mother and it is Annamarie’s most prized possession. Annamarie’s hair comes to about her shoulders and is a brownish-reddish color that highlights and brightens her face. When it is not loose, Annamarie puts her hair into a loose ponytail or messy bun. Her most striking features are her eyes. They are so dark that they almost look black. You can always tell exactly what Annamarie is feeling by looking into her eyes.

- Parents:

Alana Rousseau - Muggle - Died in a car crash when Annamarie was 5.

Marcus Rousseau - Wizard - Former wizarding government worker

Nanny Rousseau (that is what she calls her grandmother) - Witch - Former professor of Muggle Studies at the Salem Institute of Witchcraft and Wizardry

After the car crash, Annamarie’s father quit his job and abandoned magic all together. They both move to Boston to live with his mom.

- Siblings, if any: None

- Pets, if any: No pets

- Area of Residence: Boston, MA, USA

- Blood status: Mixed

- What would their Patronus be? A dolphin

- What would their Boggart be? A blinding light head straight towards her

- What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) At the moment she has no desire to become a animagus...If she had to she would want to be some type of dog.

- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? Her and father happy with her mom looking on proud of how they are coping without her

- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? A memory of a picnic in the park with her mom and dad

- Write an example roleplay by your character:

A flash of light blinded Annamarie’s sight. She tossed in bed, wrapping her flowered sheet tightly around her. Another flash of light quickly flicked into her consciousness followed by a screech of brakes against a paved road and a thundering crash.

“Nanny…Nanny!” Annamarie cried from her bedroom in her grandmother’s house. Beads of sweat were dripping from her forehead and she was shaking beneath her sheets. Within seconds, Adele Rousseau, her grandmother hurried into the room. “What is it baby?” she asked her granddaughter as she lovingly wiped her forehead with the back of her cool hand and embraced her in a warm hug. Annamarie did not say anything. She just let the tears roll silently down her cheeks. “Did you have a have a bad dream?” Adele asked soothingly. Annamarie slowly shook her head yes. “Was it about monsters or something scary?” she continued to question, hoping to figure out what was bothering her. Annamarie shook her head no, but a fresh wave of tears began to fall.

Adele looked at her granddaughter’s face and suddenly understood what she dreamed about. “You dreamed about your accident didn’t you?” she asked softly. Annamarie sniffed and nodded. “I miss her.” she said a voice that was barely audible. Adele turned and looked down at her 11 year old granddaughter. At that moment is looked just as helpless and as innocence as she did on the day she was born. “You know what?” she began sweetly. “She misses you too. And she wouldn’t want to have bad dreams about that night.” Adele leaned over and grabbed a picture of young woman smiling happily down at a baby that was sleeping in her arms. She slid the picture out of the frame and handed it to Annamarie. “You know…I bet if you put that picture under your pillow your bad dreams will be replaced with happy ones.”

Annamarie looked at picture. Everyone always told her that when she was a baby the only person she would go to sleep for was her mother. Although, she thought the idea of sleeping with a picture under her pillow to make bad dreams go away was silly, she felt comforted. She turned and placed the picture under her pillow and settled back under her sheets. Adele got up and walked toward the door. She glanced back at her granddaughter. She knew that Annamarie would be alright. Her mother was strong spirit and so was she. She just did not know it yet. Adele smiled and exited the room.

- Imagine that your character keeps a diary or journal. Write a page that could possibly be found in it:
Annamarie's Diary said:
Dear Diary,

I wonder if my friends ever noticed that I never mention my mom? It not that I do miss her or want to talk about her…It is just easier not to. I mean, my mom death is my problem is my problem not theirs. Why should they be bothered with my issues? Besides, this shouldn’t be an issue anymore anyways…It has been 6 year now. But I still miss her a lot. And I do have those dreams about the crash from time to time. And me and daddy’s relationship is nothing like it use to be. I guess her death is still an issue in my life huh? Well…I don’t have to act like it is. That is for sure.

I guess that is all for now.

Annamarie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back