Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Destroying Capitalism
Wand
Knotted 14" Sturdy Pear Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Orwell had mixed feelings about the school. Sure, the boy really loved spending time with Archie, and it was good to be able to sit with him and do things with him, it was all of the fun of having a really close friend and actually being able to do stuff with him. However, classes always left a strange taste in his mouth. He didn't like most of how things were taught in this school, and there were some particular lessons in this semester that the boy didn't like much either. He enjoyed learning, and hearing things, but some of the stuff they did either didn't cover what he wanted, or weren't what he wanted to do. Which had been the case in the last Transfiguration class, it had been a good lesson overall, Orwell had much enjoyed it, but what they'd had to do, it hadn't agreed with him, so he hadn't done it. He knew that it wouldn't hurt the animal and that the animal would be turned back as soon as it was done, but he still felt horrible from the last time, so this time he was avoiding it. Trying to ensure that he didn't have to do it. Which was probably a good thing that he'd been partnered up with someone and they had done it.

Currently Orwell was leaving the class, he'd told Archie he would catch up with him over lunch, Brock had decided that he would head upstairs and back to the ravenclaw common room to get a few bits and pieces for the rest of the day and to unload his heavy bag. He didn't like carrying it, so whenever he was able to the teen got rid of it. Brock stood having said goodbye kneeling slightly on the floor removing all of his things from his bag, trying to pick out what he needed so that he could just quickly make the switch, with all of his belongs sitting on the floor in the corner of the corridor Brock knew that anyone could come take his things, but really, it wasn't an issue he knew he needed to deal with, he would be fine, he trusted these people around him, and obviously very little of what he'd brought to Hogwarts had truly been his. The jumper he wore, the gift from Archie, that was his and that he wore often. Orwell began placing a few of the items back in his bag as a voice next to him spoke. In his surprise, Brock jumped a little and dropped everything back on the floor, "So that's what a heart attack feels like," the boy said in a friendly manner looking towards who had scared him with a friendly and excited expression.

Sorry it's taken so long, inspiration escaped me for Prue xD

Prudence had truly enjoyed her time thus far in Transfiguration, and it was made obvious by the smile she held on her face every time she left the class. She had written home to her parents to let them know that she was working really hard on her grades, especially in that class. She was proud to say that so long as she kept her grades she was on the fast track to becoming an animagus. The brunette thought about that a lot, wondering to herself what animal she would become. Would she be small or large? The professor was a golden retriever, and she'd hear others talk about some Animagi being horses, or other great creatures. Prudence wanted to be something that perfectly represented her - and though she was unsure of a lot of the rules surrounding the transformation, she hoped that her magic abilities chose for her. She wasn't sure she could just pick one animal to be - after all, she loved them all so deeply

With books clutched to her chest, Prue spotted a familiar boy from behind. It was the boy she had been partnered with in the last class. She held a smile on her face, Prudence approached him. "Hey, need any help?" She asked politely, her curls being pushed out of her face with her free hand. She figured he must have been organizing, as he had a bag. or he'd dropped everything out of it on accident - either way Prue was more than happy to help him. While the young Gryffindor was kind, she was not like some of the students who seemed to forget about themselves in order to take care of others. She was nearly opposite her Slytherin sister though, who only helped others if it was a benefit to her. To Prudence, that kind of behavior was unacceptable, just as her fathers taught her. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." She offered an apology that was followed by a small chuckle.

Orwell looked at the person, whom he remembered from that last class of transfiguration, the class that they had just left, Prudence or something. Orwell flashed a smile at her, as he proceed to calm his surprised heart, he had never really had to worry about people sneaking up on him, even if it was accidental, it just wouldn't happen, there was nothing quiet about walking on a forest ground filled with twigs or leaves, it just didn't happen. Even Orwell who considering himself a person who could walk fairly quietly didn't manage to sneak up on people in his community, not that he would, it wasn't particularly kind so he wouldn't really do it. It was just an impossibility in his mind as something that did or might happen. At her apology however he just waved her away, it wasn't like she'd done it on purpose, "No worries, I'm just not used to people being able to walk quietly. Living within an outdoor community in a forest means that walking quietly is pretty much impossible," he told her brightly, the smile on his face as expressive as he was being. Clearly not fussed over what had happened, he was pretty much just happy to be in the school and after his non-participation in the lesson he was also just happy to have not contributed anything to an animal's confusion or suffering, "Prudence, right?" he said, turning back to his belongings and continuing to sort through his things, "I hope you didn't mind me in that class," in saying this Brock was referencing less to the class and more generally but more to himself and his non-participation.

Orwell had experienced it once and had no interest in repeating it, he didn't like doing anything to animals and just thought that it was silly to act as if above them and therefore because of this they would be allowed to cast magic on them. The teen was adjusting pretty well to the school in general, but he couldn't quite understand the way these, or some of these people treated animals, especially in the class they'd just been in. Brock loved animals, he loved sitting with them, playing with them, being a part of their world in nature. He could understand why people had owls, but he thought there were probably other ways of doing things. Orwell would use an owl if the moment required him to, but he'd rather not have to use it. Orwell had just not wanted to cause the animals any harm, he didn't think it right for him to do that, "If possessing a higher degree of intelligence does not entitle one human to use another for his or her own ends, how can it entitle humans to exploit non-humans?" Brock quoted with ease before glancing back up at Prudence, "I can't mistreat animals, just because I can, have the ability to or because they can be turned back. I can't do it, I just can't," Orwell stood up to full height his stuff now sorted, he flashed a smile at her, running a hand through his currently red hair. It was just his way of explaining his non-participation in the task, and to explain that he wasn't just being lazy about it.

She nodded with a smile at his comment about his community. "I'll try to stamp my feet next time." She quipped jokingly. She obviously meant no harm by what she said, and hopped he did not take it that way. She was sure that living in a forest and now being in a castle was quite the change to get used to. Prue having been raised by muggles her whole life had certainly had some adjustments to make when she first arrived. And to arrive in the middle of schooling as Orwell had - or she assumed anyways as she didn't recognize him - she couldn't imagine how difficult the transition was. "Yeah, you can call me Prue, though. You're a transfer, right?" She returned a polite question, even though she was sure that he was. If she interacted with someone once she could normally remember them. Having no memry other than this year with Orwell told her he must be new. "And of course not!" She offered again, at first unsure of what he meant.

As Orwell went on to explain his views, Prudence's blue orbs widened slightly, and she gave a nod of acknowledgement to his concenrs. She had been a bit curious as to why he seemed unwilling to use the transfiguration spell, however having it spelled out made her a bit more understanding. "Hey, everyone has their right to believe in something!" She said, after he ended his sentence. "I happen to love transfiguration. I'm in like to become an animagus actually. But I'm sure you have other classes you love! So if this is one you don't than oh well!" She waved her hand with a smile, hoping that it was reassuring to him to have someone who didn't mind so much that he dind't want to participate. In fact, since he'd given her his views, Prue had a few questions of her own about how transfiguration makes the animal feel. She assumed she would know once she became an animagus.

Brock laughed lightly at her comment and nodded his head, "Please, do," he knew that she'd been joking and he was too, of course it was ridiculous to ask someone to stamp their feet when approaching someone else, but since they were joking, he knew he could too. The teen didn't even mind that really the joke had been at his expense, or his community's expense. He hadn't minded in the slightest, in fact the teen knew that it was a good thing to be able to joke about his upbringing, even in a school like this, his had been far from traditional, some would even claim that it was completely abnormal, but he knew that being able to make fun of it, if he wasn't showing to be good at taking jokes about it, they'd just all end up being behind his back. Brock smiled when she said he could call Prue, nodding at her question which followed after, "Yeah, started this year," he said proudly, "I am so pleased about it, I didn't think I'd get in," he told her feeling really glad that he had managed it, proud that he had gotten in. It was written all over his face, the pride which he was currently feeling about it. He would've also told her, his nickname in response to hers, but considering Archie was the only one who called him that at this school, he wanted to keep it that way. Brock had been a little nervous about her reaction to his non-participation in the transfiguration class, but surprisingly she seemed alright with it, he was glad to have been paired up with her when he hadn't been with his best friend.

As he had explained further, she seemed to understand where he was coming from with all of it. Saying that everyone had a right to believe in something, which was what Orwell definitely also believed, though he thought that those who believed in capitalism being a benefit to the world and all walks of society as idiots. But, he wasn't about to say as much as she continued speaking, she wanted to become an animagus. Now, Orwell had heard of those, but until here at Hogwarts he hadn't really come across any, or heard that much about them, it wasn't done in his community as far as he knew, "You want to be an animagus? Why?" he asked her, there was a tone of curiosity in his voice, like he wasn't just asking to be mean or unkind but that he was very interested in it, "I actually like the class a lot, it's interesting, but I just don't want to practice spells on animals. At what point in my life will being able to turn a rat into a rabbit be practical?" Orwell told her shrugging at her, and smiling in a way that he was trying to see if she agreed with him about it, "Before I came here to Hogwarts my education centred around things that were practical, spells and potions that actually helped, that and a lot of theory work," Orwell did a lot of theory work back home, far more than he had done so far here at Hogwarts, "We'd learn a couple of spells, then just launch into theory work, you know like discussions about the difficulties of in bringing about a workers revolution a post-modern capitalist and materialistic society especially the roles which magical people could play," Orwell smiled happily at her as he spoke, talking about that discussion as if it was very normal, a discussion that everyone had of course had. There were times when Brock forgot that he'd been raised in a very different manner than almost everyone else at Hogwarts, "Do you know what animal you will become when you are successful in being an animagus?"

Prudence was relieved to say the least, that Orwell had a sense of humor. She supposed now she'd made the kind of friend who she would stomp up to like an elephant, as if they were going to get into a scrap with one another. She wouldn't do that though - there would be no more fighting for Prue whom had already lost house points for herself. "I'm glad you seem to like it here. It's the only school I've seen so I suppose it's the best school ever!" She exclaimed with a bit of laughter, as it was true. It would be like saying Venn was her best metamorphagus friend ever; it was true but misleading as he was the only metamorphagus that she knew.

"Why? How cool would it be to change into the animal form of yourself. I bet I'll be a horse, or maybe something tiny like a deer. I don't know. It's just so exciting to think about." She said, her smile only widening, the interest dancing in her eyes. "As far as rat to rabbit, maybe you're afraid of rats, so you turn it into a rabbit so you're less scared. You never know, after all!" The brunette was very serious about transfiguration, and say it as something both practical and fanciful. She loved it for that reason. She hadn't even processed what he said before she shook her head and moved on to the next question. "Professor King says that I won't know until i transform, but whatever I have I'll have a mark that identifies me. Like maybe a giant mane, or it'll have my color of hair for feathers if I'm a bird. It's just so amazing, don't you think?"

Orwell was surprised that this girl hadn't been to any school before Hogwarts, obviously, Orwell hadn't really been to school in the sense that she knew it but he'd still been educated and spent hours learning various things in a somewhat class like fashion, and it had been called a school. He didn't however really ponder it, since it was silly, the teen just looked at her and smiled happily, thinking also that this was the best school ever, it had it's problems but Orwell was always willing to pick up the fight wherever it required him to. Brock was glad when she didn't take his questions badly, and in fact seemed very keen to talk about why she wanted to be an animagus, he didn't altogether understand it since to him it served no purpose, what did being an animagus add to any persons life or the wider community, "I can understand how it might be cool, but it serves no purpose," he said to her, not trying to pick a fight with her, but just expressing how strange it was to him that really anyone wanted to be that or that it helped society. There were a lot of things that he still had to learn about this place and the people within it, they hadn't been brought up like he was and quickly the teen was realising how different this was.

As she continued in frowned slightly, "There is nothing wrong with being afraid of something," he knew that she meant well, that the process of changing a rat into a rabbit would allow some to feel more at ease, but that seemed like a feebly strange reason for it to be a lesson, "And the animal gets no say in this matter, I'm sure it is far happy living out it's existence as a rat and not being turned into a rabbit when a human decides to turn it even if it's just briefly," Orwell had really hated preforming magic on animals, he thought it was just wrong, "It's the usual selfishness of society which programs people into thinking they can just do what they want to animals because they have the ability to. Animals have as much of a right just live as freely as we do," He felt like this would be a pointless argument to really have with this girl, so he just shrugged, "I don't like hurting animals," he explained with a smile, which also helped explain why he had been so reluctant to do anything about the spell in class. He listened as she explained to him about how the animal for the animagus form was chosen, "It's amazing what our magic allows us to achieve," he agreed, "I just really fail to see why it's useful to be able to do it,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back