Angus Greenwood

Angus Greenwood

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
((I'm doing it as Angus answering the questions, 'cause I can)

Full Name: Angus Dylan Greenwood.
- Birth Date: 31st December, 2008.
- Current Age: Eleven years old.
- Basic Appearance: Fairly tall (like most members of my family), with emerald green eyes, messy dark hair that is always in need of a cut and usually falls over my eyes. I'm average weight - not fat, but not extremely thin. I guess my height offsets my weight, a little, or something like that.
- Parents: Ruby and Chris Bellamy. I thought my parents were Pearl and Patrick Greenwood...but they're my aunt and uncle. Crazy, huh? My sister was sick, and my aunt was never going to have another child, and she was desperate for a son. So, my mum, dad, aunt and uncle decided that I should be raised in London, with the Greenwoods. I only found out last year, about the same time I found out about magic, considering my aunt is a squib and my uncle is a muggle.
My mum is a witch, my dad is a muggle, and really, I don't know them as well as I would like to know my parents.
- Siblings, if any: Violet and Rose Bellamy. I'm the only non-floral one. Violet is twelve, and a first year Hufflepuff, and Rose is three. I don't know if she's a witch or not yet, but I guess only time will tell.
My cousin, Antoinette Greenwood, was my sister for a long time. But I can't stand that girl, and I'm so glad to be going to school on the other side of the world.
- Pets, if any: None as of yet, but I'm considering buying an owl.
- Area of Residence: Good question, really. Formerly London, although I'm trying to work out whether I want to live in Brisbane with my real family, or in London with my aunt and uncle. I love my aunt and uncle dearly, as if they were my parents, but I'm really not sure...
For the moment, I'm staying in Brisbane until I start at HNZ.
- Blood status: Half, or part blood. My great-grandmother was a muggle born witch, my grandfather is a wizard and my mother is a witch. The rest of my family (except my sister(s) and cousin) are muggles.

(If your character is a sorted student:)
- Hogwarts House (And why): I know I'm not sorted yet, but I hope to be in Ravenclaw. I'm not sure if I'm smart enough, though. I'm definately not kind enough to be in Hufflepuff, nor am I brave enough to be in Gryffindor. Slytherin wouldn't be that bad, though. My grandfather would probably dance for joy if I was in Slytherin. The only member of the family he seems to appreciate is my cousin, because she's almost a mini-version of him, except the gender and Hogwarts house (she's in Ravenclaw).
- Best school subjects (And why):
- Worst school subjects (And why):

(all characters:)
- What would their Patronus be? Well, our entire family loves cats. My grandfather's patronus is a snow leopard, because they are beautiful and graceful. Maybe mine would just be a cat, though. Doesn't have the same dramatic effect, does it?
- What would their Boggart be? I am a lot like my sister. My boggart would probably be Death. Or, if I was to be more like my cousin, it would be a failure. I suspect it would be more likely to be the first, though.
- What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) I don't think I'd become an Animagus. My sister wants to be one, as does my cousin. Somebody has to be different. But I'd probably be a cat, or some feline creature.
- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? I'd see myself belonging. I'd be with my sister, and friends, and I'd be happy. Right now I don't feel like I really belong, but it's a feeling I'd love to have.
- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? Finding out that I am a wizard, and that I would get to go to HNZ with my sister, as opposed to Hogwarts Scotland with my cousin. I was so happy to hear that.

- Write an example roleplay by your character:
Angus gazed out the window, watching the pouring rain. He held his new guitar - his birthday present - but he wasn't inspired to play it. He sighed. The last week in Australia had been blissful. Christmas, and his birthday, all on the beach in the middle of summer. Beautiful.
But now he was back in London, where it was cold and grey. Worse, he didn't have Violet to hang out with. He had to put up with Antoinette for another day, before she returned to Hogwarts.
"Angus!" cried Antoinette, as if she knew he was moping about being stuck with her. "Angus Greenwood, stop sulking and do something useful for once in your life, you lazy..." She trailed off, muttering expletives to herself. Angus sighed. Hate was a strong emotion, one that the eleven year old never felt except in relation to his cousin.
"Antoinette," he retorted, drawling. "Antoinette Greenwood, stop yelling and making a complete and utter idiot of yourself. If you have to lecture me, come here and do it properly." Teachers, adults, and older kids often described Angus as a bit of an antagonist. He never questioned that description.
"You..." He heard her footsteps approaching. Looking up, he saw Antoinette standing at the door, blue eyes icy, brown hair a mess.
"Why, what is the matter, Antoinette, my dear?" Angus said, eyebrows raised. "Surely you can't have spent an hour in the bathroom to make your hair look like that?"
"Angus, I regret the day that mother and father ever decided to take you in. As does Grandfather, no doubt."
"You think the old man scares me?" Angus retorted. Antoinette had been saying that ever since she found out about the 'adoption', and the words had lost all meaning. She'd been turning their grandfather against him for as long as he could remember. Growling, Antoinette pulled out her wand. Angus gasped.
"You dare..." he spluttered, enraged.
"What are you going to do, wandless wonder? I'm amazed even Hogwarts New Zealand accepted you. God knows, my school never would have."
"Shut up! Just shut up, you stupid...witch. I'm going to be twice the wizard you will ever be, you hear?" Angus yelled. He swore he could detect a faint smile on Antoinette's face. Did she like doing this, or something?
"Angus! Antoinette!" The pair of them stopped glaring at each other, as Pearl came in to Angus's room.
"Antoinette, have you packed yet? Leave your...leave Angus alone."
"Yes, mother," Antoinette said sweetly. How sycophantic of her, Angus thought bitterly.
"Angus..." Pearl started, looking at the boy she regarded as a son, sadly. She looked away, and left the room. Angus turned back to the window, willing time to go faster so he could go to Hogwarts New Zealand, with his sister, and away from his horrid cousin.

- Imagine that your character keeps a diary or journal. Write a page that could possibly be found in it:
Oh, my God.
I can't believe it.
1. I'm a wizard (okay, I've known that for a while. Well, I hoped I knew that. I mean, Antoinette got to go to Hogwarts, I assumed I would too. And I am going. I am a wizard.)
2. I'm adopted. Technically. My Aunt Ruby and Uncle Chris are my real parents. Meaning Violet and Rose are my sisters. And Antoinette isn't.
3. I may be moving to Brisbane. I'd rather live in Australia. It's way sunnier, and a whole lot nicer than grey, dreary London.

Basically I found out that Violet had medical issues, and my parents couldn't take care of me. I feel so loved. But now I'm so confused. Who are my parents? I mean, I know who my parents are biologically, but what about emotionally?
This really sucks. It's great, but it sucks.
I'm going to Australia for Christmas/my birthday (i.e. New Year). Hopefully I'll be able to sort some stuff out. And I'll get to see my sister! Er, sisters. That's so much better than just arguing with Antoinette all holidays. And it's summer over there, which is even better.
But as for living arrangements...I don't know what to do. Boarding school will be alright, but where do I go in the holidays?
So confused.
Gotta run, mum...sorry, Aunt Pearl's calling me to dinner.

((question all you like, now!))

((awww, nobody's going to question me?))

Hey Angus! I just have two questions...hope you don't mind ;-)

Who gave you your name and why? Is there a story behind it or something?

And aslo why do you still go by your aunt and uncle's last name? If you get married and have kids, what would their last name be...Greenwood or Bellamy?

((wewt, thanks for the questions))

Who gave you your name and why? Is there a story behind it or something?
Well, my aunt actually picked my name. I think the assumption was that I'd live with my aunt and uncle until I was 18 or something, and thus old enough to live by myself. Angus is because of the mostly Scottish heritage on my mum's (and therefore aunt's) side of the family, Dylan for the Irish heritage on my uncle's side.

And aslo why do you still go by your aunt and uncle's last name? If you get married and have kids, what would their last name be...Greenwood or Bellamy?
I think it's actually Greenwood on my birth certificate. I may change it when I'm old enough to legally change my name, I may not. I mean, I still see my aunt and uncle as parental figures. I think it would probably break my aunt's heart if I changed my surname just now, especially as I'm intending on living mostly in Australia.
As for getting married...I could always take my wife's surname!

Update: I can now happily say that Angus is in Slytherin.

For nobody's benefit, here is a short RP:

The words of the Sorting Hat almost made Angus leap off the stool in surprise. He knew that the hat talked...but it surprised him nevertheless. Not wise? I guess I'm not... he thought, as the hat passed judgement. Cunning, he certainly was. The hat may well have said precocious, too, as he definately was that, too. And an antagonist. Very Slytherin qualities. He wasn't particuarly surprised when the hat shouted 'Slytherin!'. He was well prepared. And at least he already knew some people in Slytherin - he knew Ally, and also Isabella. He gave Violet a sympathetic look as he walked past the Hufflepuff table, over to the Slytherin table. The houses were worlds apart, even though they were in the same castle.
Angus wasn't sure how he'd go in Slytherin. There was an emphasis on blood, and the wizarding blood that Angus had wasn't particuarly strong. He wasn't muggle born, but he may as well have been. Shrugging, he took a seat next to Isabella. He wasn't surprised when Alyssa and Theodore joined them. He wasn't looking forward to seven years in the same house as Theodore - he was really nasty, but Alyssa was nice.
But Angus couldn't complain. He was a wizard, sorted at Hogwarts New Zealand, and he was in a house where he knew he would do well. The Sorting Hat had told him so.

Ah, yeah, I really wanted to be in Ravenclaw, but Slytherin was my second choice. I'm actually pretty happy, I just like complaining! Only thing that really bothers me is that there are some people in Slytherin (like Theodore, who I met on the train) who are arrogant, and take the blood pride thing way too far. Other than that, I'm happy.

((oops, I hadn't meant it to sound that way, but reading over it I see it did end up like that))

So we don't have to expect the moody emo vibe from Angus then? That'll be refreshing.

Will it be difficult for you to change the type of relationship you have with Violet, from once being your cousin to now being your sister? Were you two ever close at all or will this bring you closer as siblings? Only child so always curious.

Haha, no, no moody emo vibe. Angus is quite a positive and upbeat person...with a very sarcastic sense of humour.

And I guess we were as close as two cousins who live on the other side of the world can be. There always was that familial bond, I guess. Our families would see each other at least twice a year (how we could afford that, I don't know). Plus, I hate my cousin, Antoinette. Seeing Violet would restore my faith in humanity...well, at least in girls who were slightly older than me, haha. It'll be a little difficult, I suppose. We're in different houses, too, so we won't get to spend that much time together. But we've always got along extremely well, I guess it'll be the same, but the difference being that we'll see each other more often. I'll just wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back