Anger Issues

Cyan Zephyr

OOC First Name
Cole
Sexual Orientation
Aion♡♡
Cyan Territe had been fretting the whole day, all the way to her house in Alabama. The masonry house was so cold without her mother's touch, all of her frilly things all but packed away. When Aion and she had first arrived at the plot of land she'd warned him that it was different, that her father had been busy packing things up and trying to decide how to arrange the house into what he wanted. The hufflepuff knew it was a coping mechanism - after all hadn't he loved her mother. Even all of those things seemed so long ago, now holed up in her father's office, trying to get a word in edgewise.

The conversation between she and her father had started off quietly, but it devolved as her father though around words like mudblood. The argument dissolved into Spanish, like her father and mother used to do. "I am a mudblood, dad I am a mixed blood!" She shouted, tears of frustration welling in her eyes, however Cyan knew better than to cry. Not in front of her father. Her father continued to shout about her inability to keep a secret, and about her ruining his name. "It's my name too! Dad I love him!" She begged for him to understand. "I'm in love with him can't you understand. I love him like you loved Mom!"

"I never loved your mother." The man screamed back. Then there was silence.

The screaming continued quickly, back and fourth between Cyan and her father until she couldn't take it anymore, until he couldn't take it anymore. She began grabbing things that belonged to her and suddenly opened the door. Even in front of Aion the two yelled in their native tongues. Her father gladly grabbed a box of things that were hers and her mothers and threw them out the front door. It was obvious at this point the argument was at it's apex, and that she was not coming back as box after box, scream after scream. "I hope you're happy!" Cyan yelled in frustration, following him into his office and knocking over desk items. "Being alone in your cold house! You're blood means nothing you're worse than a mudblood!"

Even though Aion was doing his best not to show it on the way up, he was just as nervous as Cyan seemed to be as they'd planned to visit her home. Aion was well aware of her fathers opinions on anyone that wasn't a pureblood, and it was because of him that Cyan had grown up believing she was such. His own parents had never really been around for him as a child, nor as he made the transition into adulthood, but they'd never lied to him. Before he'd even met her dad he was convinced the pair wouldn't get along, but it was important for them to take the trip. When they'd arrived at the house, Aion had followed her, more than a little apprehensive.

It didn't take long for Aion to note how strongly this man felt about blood status, and while it didn't surprise him it was still surreal to see in the flesh. Aion's own dad was a pureblood but it had never been brought up as a matter of any consideration. His mom was muggle born and between them neither one or the other had been thought to be better. Barely a few words had been exchanged between Cyan and her father when they switched tongues, and Aion no longer unable to understand what was being said was having to focus on their body language and tones to gauge what was going on. Stood awkwardly to the side, feeling too out of place to sit anywhere while they were arguing between themselves, Aion glanced up to Cyan when there was a sudden pause in the atmosphere. He looked between them, wondering what revelation had just been shared, but no sooner than he'd thought that he watched as both of them began grabbing items around the house, boxes flying out the front door. Aion was pretty sure he'd heard the words love and mudblood being cast around, but as he became increasingly agitated at being unable to understand what was happening, he hadn't realised he was tapping the back of his foot on the floor, trying to suppress his urge to get involved.

Aion had never been someone to get particularly loud, and he usually considered himself to be calm in most situations, preferring to rely on facts instead of emotions, but as he watched Cyan getting more and more visibly upset, he couldn't just stand there and do nothing. He dodged out the way as another box came flying in his direction, he was furious that after everything that had happened, her dad was really going to just let her go. He could hear the crash of numerous objects hitting the ground, guilt hitting him in the heart as he knew if he'd never befriended the Hufflepuff she may have just been able to go on as she'd always supposed to under her dad's rules. The thought didn't stay for long though, as he peered round the door into the office at the sight inside he was proud of who she'd become. Glancing around the room, he spotted a small photo of Cyan and who he assumed could only be her mom by the curls of her hair and uncanny resemblance. While the pair was distracted he lifted it from the shelf, pocketing it in his jeans. Aion may have never learnt enough Spanish to hear exactly what was being said, but it didn't take a genius to work out what had happened. "You're gonna miss her when she's gone." It wasn't a threat. It wasn't a question. It was just a statement from his observed experiences, and Aion glared at her dad with a frown on his brows and anger in his mind.

Cyan knew why her father argued with her in Spanish, it was easier to hurt her with the language her mother cooed to her in. It was easier to keep Aion out of the loop since he didn't speak Spanish and her father knew it. He called her a liar, a heathen for bringing a mudblood into the home. Cyan clenched her small fists. She just wanted to have a happy family, why was it her father could not understand that? The Spanish girl started to move more things out, not bothering to speak to her father in Spanish anymore. If her father was going to speak to her he'd do it where all could hear nhis reputation was going to be tarnished anyways because the young Territe would never keep his secrets. "Mom gave up everything to make you happy. She became a home maker for you, and you tossed her memory to the side when she died. You are dirt." She shook with emotion moving to her bedroom down the hall, throwing clothing out the door. She tossed everything of hers to the side, her father eventually beginning to get in the way. He'd bought this for her did she deserve it.

Whatever made it out the front door was left out there, and Cyan worked hard to wrestle all of her memories out of the house. "How dare you say you never loved her." She yelled. "She will always have been the better parent, she will always have been the better person. She gave everything to me, including my blood status and I am going to share that with the world." She spoke, making a motion to her veins when she described blood status. "Disown me I don't care, tell me I'm a mudblood again, I don't f****** care. I love him and I am going to marry him. We'll do it today if we have to so I can get rid of your disgusting last name!" She shouted.

The last words brought her peace but as her father began slowly taking things he deemed his back, she only became more restless. He wanted to leave her with nothing but the clothing on her back. "Aion let's just go. He's not worth our time." She gently called, deciding she would make do with what she had.

Aion listened as Cyan began to speak once again in English, filling him in on what had been shared between them. His blood was boiling as he listened to the excuses the man tried to give, and upon hearing that he'd just told his daughter he didn't love her mom, Aion was done hanging around. As Cyan continued to shout at her dad, Aion moved through the house, scooping up what he could of her belongings, taking the boxes out to the pile they could take with them. As he listened to what she was telling the man who was doing his best to put her down, Aion was getting more riled up. No one should have to go through what she was right now, and turning his head he watched as Cyan told him they were leaving. Wordlessly, Aion put aside her comment for and idea of his own, walking in the opposite direction to her voice, seeking out the resident of the house. Walking up to her dad, he became aware of the adrenaline pumping around him body, and looking up to meet the mans gaze he knew he wasn't going to let him get away with it. "You don't deserve her. People like you don't deserve anything but to spend your sad existence by yourself." Aion gave a small sarcastic chuckle, glancing away at the ridiculousness of the situation. "You know, you don't even realise it. You can't see beyond something so trivial to even comprehend that she," Aion pointed towards the door in the direction of his other half, "She is the best thing that is ever going to happen to you." Aion finished, his eyes staring straight into his, no longer afraid of anything he could do. He relaxed his arm, beginning to turn away and follow Cyan out towards a place they could call their home, but before his feet could leave the floor, his right hand was balled up into a fist, and throwing his weight through his arm and shoulder he landed a punch squarely on the guys jaw. Not waiting for a response, Aion turned and tore from the room, heading down the hall and past Cyan with a brief touch to her arm to acknowledge a departure. "We're done here," he said, not yet even aware of the shooting pain in his hand.

Cyan is as content to take what she could get, Glad Aion was doing the same for her. The girl had been brought up with wealth, so much money she didn't know what to do with it. She never went wanting, always had the latest trends. Her hair was done for her once a week if she wanted; she had no money of her own. Her father would cut her off surely, and Cyan knew things would be hard, but she didn't care. She had Aion and that was all that mattered in that moment. What they had was more valuable than anything the world could bring to them.

Cyan was gathering things to toss into the river when she realized Aion was not beside her. "Aion?" she inquired, turning quickly. Cyan felt a little panicked when she noticed him going back into the house. He couldn't fight her father with magic, her dad was well trained. It seemed though Aion had a much more interesting approach, as he swung and connected with her father's jaw. Cyan couldn't stop the small smile that tugged at the corners of her lips. "Come on." She urged again. "Let's go see mom." She muttered. It had been in their plan that they would see her mother's grave but it wasn't supposed to be like this. She wanted her dad to be the one to come with her. However that wouldn't happen now. The student packed all her things away in the car, hoping she'd have enough until she found a job to help her get by. "I love you." She remarked to Aion - her ferocious defender.

Aion nodded at her request, helping her pack up the last few things as they left. He hadn't exactly expected the time there to be welcomed by her dad, but it was certainly more intense. Until now he'd not look back to the house, nor barely to look at Cyan, only now casting a glance in her direction. He gave her half a smile, "I love you too." He would take care of her, and even if he couldn't give her exactly the life of luxury she was used to, he would do his darnist to make her happy. He nodded his head, motioning for her to jump in, they had another stop to make and one that Aion wasn't going to let her go through by herself.

It hadn't taken long for the pair to drive to the graveyard, but it had been a quiet journey. At some point, Aion had slipped his hand into hers, driving down the roads towards her moms resting place. After their arrival, Aion had followed Cyan out and through the rows of stones that stood in silence like a sea of the dead. Some were weathered and unkempt, lost but not forgotten to the visitors that would walk the paths. Others were smooth and a few had floral tributes laid at their base, all marking the impact of friends and family that were no longer around.

Te last visit that needed to be made by the newly engaged couple was most likely going to be harder than the previous encounter for many reasons. Cyan has not been to the burial place since the funeral and knew she would be emotional, but she had promised to introduce him to her family and this was it. Cyan, upon feeling Aion's hand in hers, squeezed it and smiled. She wanted to be put together for everything, but within a short timespan she'd shown ugly emotions to him time and time again. Perhaps grief wasn't going to be so bad.

"She's at the back." Cy whispered when they arrived at the burial grounds. She stepped out, careful to stay on the path. "I'll get to meet your family won't I? You never really talk to me about them." She spoke quietly as if not to disturb those who were resting. "I know you visited your mom, but I don't know much else." She spoke, in a way distracting herself from the overcast skies and general feeling of loneliness that the graveyard gave.

Aion stepped in time with Cyan as they walked the path to her mom. "You can meet them, if you want to," he replied, not really sure what the Hufflepuff would see in them. He could see Cyan and his dad getting on well, but for some reason he was having a harder time picturing her with his mom. "Well, they got together in their late teens. Met at Ilvermorny. That's where I was meant to go." Aion spoke quietly, knowing how different their lives would be right now if just one decision hadn't been made. "They were long distance for most of my childhood, barely saw either of them for years. Still don't. They hardly see each other." Aion may not have followed either of them in similar careers, but it was easy to make the comparisons in their style choices. He'd followed their footsteps in moving around the world so frequently that home was no longer a place. Unfortunately though not even he'd been someone worth coming back to for more than special occasions. "They work hard though, really hard." It was one of the only aspects of them he hoped he could continue. "Oh and if you meet my mom, don't be surprised if she calls me Adam," he was pretty sure he'd never told Cyan that he'd not been born with his first name, but given how often it accidentally slipped out his moms mouth it was probably better Cyan knew beforehand.

Cyan smiled when Aion offered the chance to meet his parents. It wasn't much of a gesture to some people, but to the Hufflepuff it meant he was proud enough to have her that he'd take her to meet the people who usually had the most important opinions. The student listened to Aion, nodding at his words. "It must have been hard." She spoke, knowing that for a long time she was very dependent on her parents, especially on her mother. Enduring bullying for her teeth was harmful to her self esteem, but her mother always assured her she was beautiful. Assured her her teeth were unique. For a moment she wondered why Aion's words were more comforting than her birth givers' words. Perhaps it was that he chose to love her, rather than being forced to when they brought her into the world. Cyan held out her hand and searched for Aion, holding it tightly as they walked. Her face screwed up in confusion the next time she looked at him. "Adam?" She inquired, unsure what it was that would possess his mother to call him by a name she'd never heard before. Maybe Aion was his middle name, rather than his first. Some people did that after all, if they liked their second name. Cyan couldn't imagine being called Ambrosia though - it was too much of a mouth full. Slowing her steps she glanced around. "Over there." She spoke gently, pointing at the large stone, Angel leaned over it weeping on the grave. The tombstone was taller than Cyan by a few inches, but it was grand like everything else her family had known.

Had it been hard? At the time it felt like the most normal thing in the world, and it was only when he'd looked back while at Durmstrang that he realised that most of his classmates hadn't been brought up by strangers that only seemed to stick around for a few months at a time and books. Aion winced slightly as Cyan squeezed his hand, only just noticing that his knuckles were feeling the pressure of having just made contact with bone. Although he didn't say anything, lightly squeezing hers in return and making a mental note to pick up some more healing salve. "Adam is my birth name," he admitted quietly, hoping she wouldn't be disappointed he hadn't told her sooner. There were very few people that did know, and since it was no longer a name that appeared on any documentation Aion hadn't felt it necessary to bring it up until now. "I stopped using it when I was about twelve but my mom doesn't really remember things like that." He didn't blame her though, she had her own things to do and he'd long ago learnt and accepted that he wasn't particularly high on anyone's list of priorities. As Cyan directed them to a large tombstone, Aion's grip on her hand increased a little as they walked across to stand in front of the memorial. He wasn't sure exactly what he'd been expecting, but he could certainly see the magnificence of the piece matched most other aspects of the Territe's family life. Stepping away from Cyan for a moment, Aion took his wand from his pocket, crouching down in front of the large tombstone, making motion in the air before a number of bright pink, red and blue flowers surrounded by full green leaves appeared in a wreath at its base.

Cyan watched her lover carefully, and gently let up on the hand when she saw his pain. it hadn't crossed Cyan's mind that punching someone could be painful, as she'd never hit anyone. She felt his reassuring squeeze, and for a moment was caught offguard at the way he ignored his own pain to comfort her. Cyan didn't know how she got as lucky as she was to end up with someone like Aion. "I like saying Aion more." She told him, giving him a small smile and another sideways glance. She wouldn't call him anything but what he wanted to be called, and thus felt it harsh for his mother not to remember to call him by his chosen name. "That seems so insensitive." She spoke, looking at the gravel pathway they now left to reach her mother's tombstone. "She's your mother she should remember everything about you. My mom always knew everything about me. She knew my favorite flowers, what soups made me feel better, what boy I had a crush on." Cyan smiled sadly and stopped in front of the stone monument. "This is it." She spoke to Aion, almost hesitant to share such a raw moment with him. The small bag she had on her back she slipped from her shoulders and took out a candle and a small box with a rosary in it. "Mom grew up Catholic, I found that in her diary. She gave up her religion though for my father." She whispered, before turning to Aion. "Can you light the candle, I can't find my matches."

Once the candle was lit she sat next to the burial area, and looked at Aion, offering him a spot to sit next to her that wasn't on top of anyone or disrespectful to the dead. "I read her diary twice after she died. She wrote in it until she passed away." Cyan laughed slightly. "She said she thought we were more than friends in it, no matter how much I told her there was no way you liked me." Back against the angel she looked up at the hazed over skies. "Swear she must have been a leg-al-mens, whatever it's called." She spoke with a laugh. "I think she knew I loved you before I did. What about your parents. Did you tell them about me? She asked, wodnering if he had left her out as he had Maddie.

Aion caught her smiling at him, her response becoming reflected on his own face. He'd never considered the fact it could be insensitive for his mom not to remember, she'd always had so many things to do that it seemed the least important of her worries. As Cyan told him about her own, he listened intently and watched her speak, wondering how it felt to see a parent as someone who could be opened up to and trusted with for the most personal details. Taking the candle with a brief nod, he silently moved his hand upwards, a small bright spark catching the wick and began to burn. "She was dedicated to you," he noted placing the candle down and taking a seat beside her, following her gaze upwards. Aion smiled at her moms revelation, thinking that everyone seemed to have known about them before they did themselves. "If she saw you now, she'd be so proud of you," he said quietly, recalling how she'd stood up for her and what she believed in. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out the small photo he'd managed to retrieve earlier in the day, "Is this her?" he asked as he gave her the image of a smiling Cyan with the woman that was unmistakably related. "My parents know about you. Although, it's a similar story. My mom kept referring to you as my girlfriend months ago." He said, wondering what she was going to say when he told her he was in love with her and they planned to spend their lives together. Aion just wished he could have met her mom before she'd been taken from her so suddenly. "Next time I see either of them you should come with me," he added, even though at this point he didn't know when that would be. "Have your parents always lived here?" he asked her out of curiosity, imagining Cyan growing up in the neighbourhood before Hogwarts.

Cyan nodded at Aion's remark, turning her head to watch the flame glow in the Saint Mary candle. The smell was just a mixture of burning wick and plain wax, no fruity scents. It wasn't meant to be an every day smell good candle though. It was meant to be something for occasions like this. The girl sighed gently, and took a moment to reflect on if he was correct. Her mother would be proud of her changes she was sure of that. Cyan had changed for the better, to be more accepting, to love who she wanted to. To be less like her father. With forlorn eyes Cyan looked at the picture, only to feel her face heat up. It was taken around the time she was eleven or twelve, she looked so young, hair not died - it must have been when she was eleven before school. Her face heated up that Aion had seen such an old photo of her.

"Y-yeah." She spoke, tucking the photo away with a small laugh. "I'd like that a lot, to get to know the people who made the love of my life the person he is." She spoke, flattering him as she always wanted to do. She wanted Aion to know how perfect he was. "Sort of. My mom lived in Spain, she met my dad when he was on business. They fell in love shortly after and she got pregnant with me. They moved to the states where my dad lived and here I was." She said. "Your family though, always in California?"

It didn't go unnoticed by the Magizoologist that Cyan seemed a little embarrassed at the photo. Cyan herself was much younger, and features much more natural, but it surprised him a little that she didn't want him to focus too much on her without her complete look. He'd only seen her once without any make up on, tears running down her face, and he still thought she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever laid his eyes on. He froze a little though at her next comment, looking away and trying to keep her as unaware as he could as she mentioned his parents. It had been quite the opposite, and Aion had grown to become the person he was in spite of them. Not wanting to talk about it though while they were here, he simply gave her a small smile of appreciation in what she'd called him. They'd been spending every moment of every day together since the beginning of the holidays, and what they had now had was more than he'd ever hoped to have, and he was no doubt the luckiest guy to have her beside him. "Yeah, they still own the house they bought before I was born. My dad isn't there very often though, he travels a lot" Aion smiled, "I guess I get that from him. My mom, she lives in California still, but her hours are insane and she lives and breathes her career. Pretty sure they didn't want any other kids after me when they realised how hard it was," he gave a small laugh, remembering how he'd always tried to stay out their way to make things easier.

Aion shifted in his position, leaning forward and turning his body to face her instead. Picking up one of her hands in his, he absent mindedly began to stroke the back of her fingers with his thumb. Realising as he stroked her hand that after their engagement he'd still not yet gotten her a ring. "Cyan.." he started, looking down from her as he spoke, "I don't know if I'll be able to give you what your parents could. I mean a permanent place to live. Somewhere to call your home." It had been on his mind since he'd seen her house, and it had hit him that he was so far detached from a materialistic life that despite their chats of a life on the road, perhaps it wouldn't be enough for the future Cosmetologist.

Cyan had never been a clever person, she was not a Ravenclaw after all, so earliers remarks about his parents had slipped her mind when she told Aion she wanted to meet who made him him. The girl hadn't thought that when he said he'd rarely seen them that meant they might not have written him or communicated with him at all. Even when her father was on business he would send letters for her mother to read. Cyan smiled as he talked about his parents living arrangements, and in her mind could t wait to see the room Aion had had since he was a child. She wondered if his mother had pictures of him all over the house so that Cyan could point them out and tell him how adorable he was. At his remark about kids the girl shrugged, "Children are hard. If I'm honest I haven't considered having any any time soon." She spoke gently, hoping Aion didn't want gaggles of little kne's runnin around.

It seemed however something else was on his mind as he turned to face her. Cyan looked i to his emerald eyes, trying to discern the emotion within them. At his words she shook her head and moved her hands to his face to force him to look at her. "You're so stupid, Aion." She remarked, a warm smile on her face. "I don't care if we don't have any money or a place to stay permanently. Home is wherever I'm with you." The southern girl meant the sentiment, and gave him a quick peck on the lips. A breeze blew by and crisp green leave shook above them, one coming down to sit between them. Cyan backed away slightly. "Sorry ma." She said, taking it as a sign to quit with their PDA.

Even though his opinion on commitment had been turned on its head over the last year and half, Aion was still pretty sure he knew where he stood regarding children. He watched their hands as he played with their fingers, "It's okay I'm the same," he replied honestly. He didn't want to be anything like his parents had been to him, and with his lifestyle choices he was more than aware he was already following what they'd done. Having kids around would make it primarily so much harder on them, either by staying at home somewhere or joining them, and that was before Aion took into consideration how much work it would be to actually look after them. He'd always been independent and with the exception of the woman sat opposite him he was happy to remain so for as far as the teen could see.

Aion looked up at her as she touched his face, unsure whether she really knew what she was turning away. He gave her a small smile though, which only increased when he heard he was her home and a spark flew off in hid heart as he thought about it. Cyan hadn't grown up the same way he had, and while Aion's parents had made enough that he was content growing up, it was no where near the levels that the Hufflepuff would have had. Aion was feeling a little guilty that with him, Cyan would lose everything she had left. Was he really worth all that? He knew he tried to be supportive, but he still wasn't entirely sure what the curly haired girl saw in him. He wasn't complaining though, only wary that she was sure of what she was getting into. Aion had half expected with a name like Territe, she would have wanted him to change his surname when they married, in order to continue the family line but Cyan's earlier comment to her dad had him wondering. "And you're sure you want to leave everything behind?" he asked her, following his previous question at not being able to give her the life she'd been brought up with.

Cyan was happy to hear that she and Aion shared thoughts on children. It wasn't as if the Puff hated kids, it was more that she didn't have the patience. She barely had the patience for the first years that held her house. Always so rambunctious, bouncing off the ways yelling and screaming. The curly haired woman couldn't help but feel babies would be the same - and come to think of it screaming toddlers were just as bad. Besides that she and Aion were nomads, and she enjoyed it. It wasn't until she'd decided to be with him forever that she'd even given up on her cosmetology dream, not that she had opened up to a Aion about that just yet.

At Aion's next words she grinned and pulled him into a short, sweet kiss. He was so silly sometimes and she wondered how a Ravenclaw could be so ignorant to someone's intentions. Cyan modded her head. "Aion, my dad said if I left you I could have everything back, and I told him to shove it. I love you, I would give up everything from my past life if it meant just twenty more seconds with you. And I'd give up my last name today if it meant I would get to keep yours forever." She nearly whispered the last part before kissing him again. Above a bird squeaked and Cyan broke the kiss. "And I think my mom would agree that I should choose love." She muttered through a giggle.

Cyan never failed to surprise him, and hearing that she would give it all up for him was incredibly overwhelming. No one had ever stuck around for very long, no one had ever defending him or supported him. Those he had known came and went, content with his attention when he could give it but never going out of their way to find it. Ever since he'd met Cyan he'd been unable to keep away and even during the earliest days when he'd been unsure of their comparability she'd been there, stepping up and taking hold, until the time had come that he'd realised he couldn't be without the energetic bright spark in front of him.

As he kissed her lightly back, he wrapped his arms round her shoulders beforeresting his head against hers. He considered her last words, He was about to protest when he realised he'd be a hypocrite. Of course he knew exactly how she felt, but it would take a while before the man was as convinced as she that he was worth it. What if they started travelling and she realised that he wasn't as interesting as she thought, or that he was too focused on his work. At Hogwarts it had been a balancing act and he'd broken his own rules of priorities, and what if he unintentionally pushed her away too while they were out there. He was better than he was last year, but whether he could trust himself to be what she needed was another story. There was no doubt he wanted to spend his life with her, but how could she want to spend it with him. He sat up once again, peering around the graveyard. It wasn't the time to focus on him, and if they were to travel in their future they needed to make the most of being here right now. "We should do something. Something for your mom while we're here," Aion said suddenly, wanting to give her as many memories as he could.

Cyan was convinced that being held by Aion, whether it was her hand, her face, or her whole body, was the most comforting thing that could happen to her. He was warm and welcoming, regardless of his often grumpy demeanor. The teen smiled, head pressed gently against his, mind on his heart wishing to be so close that they could feel each other's hearts beat in rhythm. As they finally stopped holding each other close, Cyan looked at Aion, hers eyes softer than before at the mention of doing something for her mom. She smiled a little, crinkling her nose to stop the tears as the realization came of why it was they were really in this graveyard. They were there to talk to someone who couldn't hear them - or at least couldn't give confirmation that they could. Cyan turned toward the angel on the grave and smiled. "I know it's going to sound stupid but I brought you here because i wanted to introduce you guys." She spoke with a small chuckle. "You know I always thought that those who are gone aren't really gone that far. You know, guardian angels and what not." She looked to Aion, wondering if that was what he believed too, or if he believed that there was nothing after someone left the world. Maybe he believed in that people came back as magical creatures. The curly haired puff sighed before turning to her mother's grave fully.

"Mom this is Aion." She started with a smile on her face. "Her name's Alessandra, I know you can read it but she always got on me as a kid about being too excited to properly introduce people." Cyan swallowed hard. "He's the boy I told you about, from school. We're getting married now mom." She spoke, not turning to look at Aion as she did so. It started as a gloss over her eyes, then moved to tears in her eyes as she told her mother about them getting together. "You'd like him, he's really nice to me." She stated, choking back a sob. "I wish you could have met him. I wish you could have left dad and found someone who made you happy like he makes me. Instead of someone who was always too busy for you." It became apparent as Cyan talked to her mother that she slowly came to terms with the fact that she was speaking to stone. "She would have really liked you." Cyan spoke with a small smile appearing on tear stained cheeks. She hadn't been open about losing her mother, and she knew it was a wound that would heal with time. Cyan dind't want to cut into Aion's time with healing though, and often kept her mouth closed on issues such as these. She turned back to her mother's stone, and placed a hand over the beads she'd laid out. "I love you mom, I'll always love you.". She whispered. "I wish she could be here for use getting married." She spoke rubbing at her brown orbs with a ferocity that willed tears away.

It didn't sound stupid to the former Ravenclaw at all. He'd never known anyone that had passed on himself and so had never had to deal with the process of grief before. There were many logical options that would make sense regarding what happened to a person after their death, but he knew no one would really know the truth until it happened to them, and so the teen had always kept an open mind. Aion's dark green pupils remained on the Hufflepuff as she turned to fully face the stone, watching her movements as she began to talk, and feeling the hurt that was radiating from her his own eyes began to water as he listened to her words. He felt the hairs stand up on the back of his arms and it wasn't due to the temperature in the air, but the way he felt as though Cyan's words were connecting him to someone he'd never be able to meet.

Aion gave his soul mate a smile in response to her own, and let her have a moment to say her goodbye without interrupting her. He would always be there for Cyan, through better or worse, and he'd have walked through it a hundred times if that's what she needed to do. As she tried to stop herself from crying, Aion lent forward to wrap his arms around her, pulling her into a tight warm hug that said he was right there beside her, his hand stroking the back of her head. There was nothing he would be able to say that would make what she was going through any easier, except to remind her that she wasn't on her own. Aion held her, held her and comforted her until her sobs began to become under control, only then deciding it was a good time to speak, voice hardly more than a whisper in their embrace. "I can't even begin imagine what you're going through, and I won't pretend to know the loss you're experiencing, but anything you need and I'm here." Aion pulled away a little only to wipe away the tears on her cheeks with his thumb. "I wish I'd gotten to known her too. She sounds like she was great mom," he added, resuming their position with his arms tucked around her, just for the comfort of human contact. Aion considered her last statement for a few moments before eventually turning to her softly. "Perhaps she could be." He wasn't sure, maybe he was getting ahead of himself, but he knew it would be of most importance if they could incorporate her mom into their future plans.

Aion was warmth. Sandalwood and balsam, the warmth of the sun and scent of lavender. He was blankets on a winter night that were just the right temperature without being scratchy. Aion's arms around Cyan melted her and she sunk into him, opening up her chest and allowing her feelings to sprawl out like a diorama of emotions. Her blues and greys and yellows were bare to him, and she appreciated that she didn't have to hide these things away. The sobs that shook her petite shoulders quieted, the rolls of tears like distant rainstorms, ever present but no longer spilling over to taint her speckled cheeks. She pulled away to look at her home, her knight in shining armor, and did her very best to give him a smile that said she was okay. Even though Cyan wasn't okay yet.

She nodded slowly thinking for a moment. She would always be willing to wear her mother's wedding dress. However something in the hufflepuff told her that Aion didn't exactly mean that. "She was. She would have called you Eye-on though, would never have pronounced it right. I just know it." She chuckled weakly. She took another deep breath in, willing her diaphragm to widen so her breathing felt deep enough. "How?" she inquired quietly. Her mother's other ashes that were not buried were in Spain with the only family that had cared about her. Her father hadn't even kept them

Cyan was one of the only people that Aion had ever seen fully cry. His parents had always kept that side of their emotions, along with most others, hidden from him, and he'd never had close enough friends that really shared much either. As his arms were wrapped around her, and his cheek rested against her head as she let out her sorrow, he knew he was closer to her than anyone and that there were no barriers between them. They'd always had an open friendship, sharing their thoughts and ideas from the moment they met, and Aion wouldn't have traded what they had for the world. Cyan's tears began to fall more infrequently, and he lightly stroked her back, smiling a little at her comment about her mom. He wouldn't have minded if she'd mispronounced his name, at least it was better than forgetting that was his name at all. Aions eyes searched for hers as she pulled back, not wanting her to believe that was he was about to say next would be something he was unsure about, or something he was only going to say because he thought it's what she may have wanted to hear. "Well, I don't want you to feel as though this is too fast, and you can say no," he began, recalling that Cyan had once told him he would come to realise that she never regret anything, but with important decisions ahead of them he wanted to make sure she was as happy as he was with any choices, not that he doubted she'd ever keep it quiet. Aion knew that Cyan wanted to scatter her moms ashes soon, but perhaps they could do something first, although at the back of his mind Aion was hesitant. He didn't want to come across insensitive and only thought it was one of their options. "We could get married in Spain," he said, thinking it was a place that would mean something to her. They had very few ties to keep them in one place at the time and that was something that Aion loved to most now that he'd finally graduated. There was nothing stopping them for moving wherever the moment took them. "We could find your moms family, and your moms ashes." It was no secret that Aion felt indifferent about his own, and with very little sentiments attached to either of his parents he felt no remorse at such a suggestion. "There's nothing to say we couldn't get married before they've been scattered." Perhaps it was too soon, and the fact they'd even just got together would be an obvious sign to many that they weren't ready to go ahead with such a commitment, but it felt right to the teen and if it meant that Cyan could be closer to the family she loved the most, it seemed to Aion almost too good of an opportunity to miss.

Cyan was patient when Aion thought of words, though sometimes she wondered why he felt the need to be cautious when he was speaking. It always incited dread for the Puff who was spontaneous. Perhaps spontaneity got her in trouble, but she didn't know another way to be. As Aion spoke she chewed gently on her chapped lower lip, not even thinking of her makeup, or her need to use more chapstick, only focusing on Aion's emerald orbs. The more he spoke, rationalizing himself the faster Cyan's heart beat, like a crescendoing drum roll leading to an important part of their stories. She had not even thought about the wedding. She'd only known she wanted to wear something similar to her mother's dress, something plain yet elegant so she could accessorize with her over-the-top hair. "When you say before they're scattered..." She spoke quietly. "When you say Spain you mean like, now? Like now when we go now?" She inquired, making sure she understood. Was Aion ready for that? Would he really want to push it that quickly - was she taking from him his freedom? "I want to know if that's what you want?" She asked him, her eyes now intently staring into his, as if trying to unlock the windows to his soul and discover the truth that laid behind the panes. "If that is something you're sure of Aion... I mean I'm going to spend the rest of my life with you, why not start now, yeah?" She asked, giving a crooked grin to her best friend. Her rock. Her soul mate.

As Cyan began to understand what he was getting at, his heart was beating faster as he thought she would reply with something that suggested she thought it was a terrible idea. However she seemed to get where he was coming from, even if she didn't seemed too convinced herself that it was a good idea. "All I know, is that I want to be with you. All yours. Forever." A nod followed his words, he meant exactly what she was was thinking, "I don't want to wait if we don't need to." He said honestly, nervous that she would regret her decisions if she realised just how much he was determined to be hers. It was as though everything in his past had been leading up to her, and now that they were together he didn't want waste one moment they had. "Besides, we could help her be a part of it," he added, referring to her mom. If they got married before her ashes were scattered then perhaps Cyan would feel as though they were closer to her. Cyan had probably dreamt of a large wedding, surrounded by friends and family, but if this was the route they took it wouldn't be anything like the weddings she may have witnessed others have. It would have just been them, small and intimate. Aion sighed quietly, feeling as though it had been silly to suggest it, the idea that he still needed to prove himself at the back of his mind. "I just thought.. " he began, but quietened down as he looked over to the gravestone of the only parent between them who'd seemed to show any care and interest in their child.

At Aion's words Cyan smiled, she felt the same. She dind't think he was dumb for any of the thoughts he had, and instead laced her thin fingers with his, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze before nodding. "Okay." She answered before taking a breath and speaking freely. "Aion since I knew you loved me I've been practicing my signature anyways." A pink tint came to her cheeks and she giggled before leaning up and placing a chaste kiss on Aion's lips. She could buy her dress second hand, she could do without extravagant flowers, large crowds and business men at her wedding. After all, when it was she and Aion all that mattered was that she loved Aion. "Let's go to Spain and make me Cyan Zephyr." She whispered, lips inches from his. This was going to be their biggest adventure yet, and Cyan was ready to take on the challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back