And Why may that Be?

Remus Firn

Wand
Ebony / Kingwood Wand 14" Essence of Chimaera Scale
Remus strolled along the fourth floor as he came to the library and browsed the book-shelves for a book to have a look into. He had heard about a good book for the students to use in Transfiguration and he was curious on why. Remus scanned the shelf for a couple of minutes or so but found nothing. Running his hand along the shelf until he reached the end of it. he casually removed his hand and strolled off to take a seat at a booth on the Library. He sat down onto it sliding himself across so that he was on the far side of the wall. He grasped a book that rest on the table before him titled nothing more then 'Potions & Poisons.'. Remus opened the book up and it had listed the poison thats could be made through a incorrect use of potions mixing and things of the sort. Remus scanned the lines of the page for a moment and shut the book. In his opinion it was rather pointless, when Remus was in his first year he knew what was in that book and more.

Taking a long stride to head out of the library, Remus moved through to where he had come to enter the Library in the first place and stopped for a moment looking back into the Library itself. Children were giggling on the far side as they appeared to be discussing the attempt of penetrating the restricted Section. He walked over to the three boys who were huddled around and spoke coldly down to them, "Contemplating on how to get into the Restricted Section of the Library are we?" he said smugly, his face smiling smug as it went with his words. The boys faltered back when they saw which Professor stood before them, "Yes... I could hear you well and clear, I would request that you leave the Library before i decided to deduct points from your houses." He said grimly looking at them. The boys wandered off, they were scared, you could tell that but who wasn't of Remus these days, he's cold persona was something that wasn't exactly welcoming. Remus turned to look at the boys as they left before once again heading to stroll out though only taking three steps.

[he should have put closed but I'm cool with it ;) ]

Andy came out of the restricted section engrossed in the notes she had taken, she had a lot of work to get through before she took up her work experience post at St. Mungo's during the winter break. She came upon her transfiguration professor and one of the librarians and smiled at them politely.
"Hello sir, Ms Jenane" Andy continued to walk on when the underside of her bag which was really worn ripped open and the contents spilled loudly out onto the floor. Andy's hand slapped her face in disgust as she bent to retrieve the items. It was mainly her muggle pen and notepad from muggle studies, a few of her books and a vial with her wolfsbane in it. The vial rolled across the floor to land at the foot of Professor Firn.

[Yeah, I noticed when i had logged of that i did something of the sort :p]

Remus continued walking as Andromeda walked passed and he noticed the sound of several things falling from her bag and then a sudden tap that lay rest at his shoe. Remus looked down at the Item and if he wasn't mistaken it was a Wolfs bane Potion. Despite most people knowing that Andy was a Werewolf, Remus quickly bent over and concealed the vial into his Robes as he slowly moved toward Andy. He stopped in front of her for a moment, "Miss Fiorelli, I believe this belongs to you?" he questioned in her direction, revealing the conceal vial to her front, though no one else could see it. He held it out for her so she could take it when ever she pleased before continuing, "It seems that you have been quite busy, Miss Fiorelli." he spoke, looking at all the notes and things that she had with her.

Andromeda saw the professor from her peripheral vision bend to retrieve something just as she had picked everything she could see up, only noting what was still missing when he came to stand infront of her and return it. Relief flooded her and she gave the professor a grateful smile.
"Thank you sir" she whispered always minding that it was the library she was in no matter how loud the noise she had made two minutes ago was.

She looked to the books and notes she carried as she also took the vial, hiding it nearly as well as he had. Quickly she placed it in her shirt pocket inside her sweater.
"Yes sir, well OWLs next year and I've decided to add to my work load as well" she certainly hadn't needed to but her heart and mind needed solace from rudimentary frivolous thinking such as boys and she had always found hard work and the application of the mind into serious study helped greatly in any type of endeavour to rid the mind of something unwanted, "thank you again sir, much appreciated."

As Andromeda thanked Remus he responded with a nod before noticing that she continued to answer his question from just earlier. "Yes, Well OWL's are indeed very important." he smiled to her, as he broswed the things that she was carrying, "Yes Well, I hope that the New Professor will be able to satisfy your needs for Transfiguration." he smiled to her, not cunningly or smugly just a simple smile, something that not many got to see these days. He took something to note in his mind, 'She will be continuing transfiguration, Wont she?'

Remus beamed his dark brown almost black eyes at her for a moment more before trailing off to something else, "You need to be more careful where that Potion goes Miss Fiorelli, We don't want you turning at the school." he said softly so that only she and he could hear. "Wolfs bane is strong and advanced as it is, we don't wont any one tampering with it and adding something to it which could kill you. If that was to get into the wrong hands and some one didn't like you so they could add something to Poison you and have you drop stiff." he nodded to her, "But of course you would check that before you used it if it was returned wouldn't you?" he asked rhetorically, smiling smugly.

Andromeda's head snapped up and a look of disbelief etched her features.
"A new professor but what's wrong with you? I mean, that is I had just gotten used to you sir. Sometimes I think there must be a curse on this school, professors seem to come and go so frequently" she bit her lip realising how she had just spoken to her professor and apologised immediately, "Sir I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be so informal and candid in my conversation with you. It won't happen again sir. Actually if I may could I speak with you about transifiguration class, if you have time to spare that is sir?"

She might as well speak now while it was on her mind and while he was here as well. It seemed the perfect opportunity.
When he spoke about her potion she nodded her head respectably, she had no enemies here at the school that she knew about but usually she was more cautious than this with her potions and if she even doubted for a second it's purity she got rid of it instantly.
"thank you for your interest and your advice sir, all duly noted. There has only been one other instance where my potion got away from me and though it never left the room and I was the only one in it, the seal had broken and I could not even then risk drinking it. In any case where doubt enters sir, myself, my guardian or Professor Rowann would dispose of the potion."

Hoping she wasn't taking up his time she stepped aside at first, she knew how busy they all were and unless he told her he could not spare her the time now then she would make an appointment to see him. This also reminded her to go to meet her new potions professor.

Remus shook his head when she spoke about the New Professor, "No, No, you Misunderstand, I mean for next year, your fifth year, I only teach up to fourth year Andromeda." he smiled to her before continuing, "Don't worry, I'm not going any where as long as you are in your fourth year." he chuckled slightly. Remus nodded when she asked if she could speak with him and awaited her to head of to a bench where they were going to sit to discuss such things.

When she drifted on about the potion, Remus nodded, "Well the precautions you take a good Miss Fiorelli." he smiled warmly to her as he looked around the Library, it was rather quite... Even for the Library that is. He looked at Andromeda and kept an emotionless face, the one in which he often had portrayed upon his face. He waited for Andromeda to lead to the way before making any movements to sit down any where, what could she have to discuss with Remus? More then likely the fact that she wouldn't be continuing Transfiguration studies. Remus sighed at the thought, but none the less kept his concentration on Andromeda, he knew for her to want to stop a class there would have to be valid and good Reason, or else Remus would make sure, or at least try to ensure she didn't let a subject of such importance be dropped.

Andromeda was delighted in a way that he wasn't going anywhere, she had just gotten used to his method of teaching and now it would seem she would have to get used to another professors next year. She made her way over to one of the smaller tables and sat down, placing her books and torn bag on top of it. Attempting to find the right words and wondering if he would mind awfully.

"Sir, the thing is I'm not clever like naturally smart or anything. I have to work super hard at every subject... well, except herbology and potions, they seem to just come naturally. Though I do still work very hard at them" she slowed herself down so she wouldn't drift off on different tangents.
"The thing is sir, Transifiguration is probably my weakest subject but I need to do it sir. It's one of the requirements to be a healer. I have already my work experience lined up for the winter break and have been pouring over countless medical text books magical and muggle but there isn't much point to any of it, if I end up failing at Transfiguration sir" she sighed a little before looking at him, "Well I was wondering if you wouldn't mind tutoring me sir. I still have difficulty with basic transfiguration spells sometimes. I mean... changing a book into a jewellery box still manages to go haywire for me."

Remus followed after Andromeda as she went and took a seat opposite her, "Yes Indeed, i see what you mean." he nodded before continuing, "If you are not all good at Transfiguration studies, why is it you did so well in Exams and things of the sort last term?" he asked with a slight grin. He heard her out for the remainder that she had to say before he added on, "Miss Fiorelli, I am here to help you to get to the best of your abilities in my Classes and in the Subject in general. Yes i will Tutor you if it is what you wish, This term isn't a extremely busy one for myself as a Professor so i have plenty of time." he nodded looking at her, his stern and velvet voice flowing.

Remus pondered for a moment on what he was going to say next, "Look," he began, "Transfiguration is a Subject that you need for your required future career, but it's not just for that reason why i will tutor you. The Subject helps you in many situations, many in which you will need to deal with house hold chores to dueling." Nodded Remus looking at her. He shifted his arms to fold over his chest as he looked at Andromeda, "In Short, I'm available when ever you wish for me to help you in the wonderful studies of Transfiguration." he nodded to her, smiling warmly for once; this was the only time since the accidental gun-shot wound he obtained. It had changed his personality entirely to a cruel and cold man some what, but that would more then likely change over time, again.

Andy looked embarressed as she admitted something aloud.
"Sir, it was the lowest grade I got out of all my subjects. I apply myself I do, I just don't think I'm getting past the theory side of it. The fundamentals. I get squirmish when I have to do any changing of animate to inanimate and once that happens then I tend to fall apart in most of the other stuff too. It's not from lack of trying sir, if I tried any harder I'd probably end up transfiguring myself" she smiled, she listened intently to what he had to say to her and was delighted.

"I won't let you down sir, I do appreciate this. Truly I do sir" she hoped now that her transfiguration skills would not be so lame and perhaps by the time she had her fifth year classes she would be more competent in the subject.

Andromeda took out her schedule and looking through it realised it was filling up fast, she had only one day free to do anything with but this didn't bother her. Her OWLs were next year and she had sworn off boys completely so she could concentrate on her school work. There would be plenty of time for them when school was through. She just hoped she could fit in quidditch on top of the gruelling schedule she had set for herself.

"Monday's are free sir, if that is any good for you?"

Remus nodded as she spoke about her Grades, "I'm a harsh Professor, i don't let good marks slide too easily." he nodded to her with a brief grin, "I know you Try Miss Fiorelli and thats the exact Reason on why im taking the time to aid you with the study itself." he nodded once more to her with a brief smile. "Oh And Dont Worry Miss Fiorelli, Its a pleasure to be of Assistance." he smiled to her. He noticed her look though her schedule and he could see the build up of all the things she had one; she was indeed a busy girl. some one who was committed to more then enough groups of three people. He nodded to her when she asked if Monday's would be okay, "I have a class and after that I'm free." he nodded to her as he unfolded his arms and removed a small old looking book from his robes. He rest it to the table and clicked his fingers where a Quill appeared, dabbing it into a Ink holder that had been left on the table he sketched in the brief note that on Mondays he would be adding Andromeda Fiorelli with Transfiguration studies, right before closing the book, clicking his fingers and causing the Quill to vanish before actually placing the old little book back into his robes so that it was concealed, completely.

Remus looked at Andromeda for a moment before he added something, "You do realize when we had class last term, you could have come and asked me for assistance." he said firmly looking at her as he noticed her with her planner open. He was curious why she had waited to now to ask him for help, but none the less he was happy she did, rather then leaving it to sit as was and possibly wreck her career path.

Andy knew what he said was true, she could have gone to him any time at all.
"I would have sir but I wanted to see how I did first on my own steam and if I performed well enough in the exams. I did ok but I know I can do better, so I was determined that once I returned after the summer break I would seek you out and ask. I don't tend to let any more of my grades slip."

Putting her class schedule away Andromeda slid her books and bag back into her arms once more.
"I won't detain you any longer sir" she pushed her chair back and stood up, heaving the books with her as she rose, "Thank you very much again. I'll be seeing you next Monday then".

Remus understood, of course she would want to know how she would cope with the Subject on her own. He looked at her as she took her books back to the holding position she had them when she arrived, "Oh No need to rush, Not detaining me much at all." he chuckled to her, "Not a Problem, Miss Fiorelli." he said before continuing, "Now you keep a close eye on that Wolfsbane potion there, will you?" he smirked slightly at her, "We don't want it getting into the wrong hands, or the wrong people finding out." he nodded in her direction. He had known was it felt like to be different in school, but not in the ways that Andromeda was. Remus was just one of the more brainy students who tended to prefer studying to broom flying, or midnight strolls around the forest. By all means he loved Dueling but that was the only real thing he enjoyed that other members of the School really took interest in. Remus had never liked the Quidditich game, Pointless in his opinion. "Well Miss Fiorelli, I bid you good Day." he smiled as he rose from his chair and flicked his robes so that they fell back behind him so when he took stride, they would move easily along behind him, "After you." he nodded to her, hand gesturing the exit of the Library.

She smiled graciously at him and moved from the table to leave the library. Andy had one last burning question, ever since she was really young and had known her godmother was an animagus she had wondered about it. On becoming a werewolf she was convinced she would never fulfill that dream, even now remembering the very first express journey to the school when herself and Brian had made so many plans for their future. She was going to be an animagus and he would be the brains of the operation, organising and planning their adventures. How so much had changed.

"Sir, is it possible for someone with my... condition, to be an animagus?" she squeezed the books tightly to her chest as she manuevered around another table.

Remus was about to follow on as he took that Andromeda would take her leave, but she had stopped to ask him something. He looked at her for a moment as she spoke to him about being an Animagus considering her condition. Remus looked at her for a moment, "Look Andromeda..." Remus began, calling her now by her first name, "To be quite honest with you, I personally believe you can, but you will need to become a very, very skilled Witch in transfiguration studies to do so. It is hard enough for a regular Wizard to perform such a thing as the transformation and it takes a long time. For a werewolf it'd be even more excessive training and even then there are no guarantees it will work... But most people doubt it, I tend to go against the rules." He smiled slightly, whispering the word werewolf. Remus looked at her for a moment, "Becoming a Animagus isn't something you really need Andromeda, truly." he began, "You are a werewolf, maybe a curse but a gift in itself if used correctly." he nodded to her, "I believe that one can one day control themselves in the form of a completely transformed werewolf so long as they use this." Said Remus signaling a motion to his head. "You may just be the girl to prove that theory right one day." he nodded to her.

Andromeda was glad she had taken the time to speak to Professor Firn, he was alot different outside of class than in but that was to be expected. He was honest and straight forward and didn't give her any allusions of grandeur. She had always known that training for an animagus was hard work, her godmother was forever putting Harrison off from attempting the training for it.
She liked how he talked about a werewolf being able perhaps someday to do good and couldn't help but swell with pride when he said how she might just be that girl.
"Thanks sir" she knew herself that she wasn't ever going to be an animagus but it was a question that had been on her list for a very long time, "I better get myself off to class now. Thank you for your time, advice and... patience sir. Much appreciated".

She gave a slight bow of her head before making her way out of the library and headed for the History of Magic classroom.

Remus nodded to her thanks and then followed with another nod to her requesting she get to her Classes, "By all Means." he nodded to her with a brief smile, "It wasn't a problem, it was a pleasure talking to you about your interests in the Transfiguration field." he smiled once more. When he took notice of the slight bow she gave him, he smiled a little wider, he was happy that some students at the school did have respect for their mentors. Remus took a long step out of the Library as he continued down the hall, his leather shoes clicking on the ground as he went. Remus was becoming his old self again, at least before the accident had happened with the Gun, his looks had changed with his personality but none the less he would go back to his old appearance again. His light brown hair, short rather then long, his calm and collected, respecting self. He continued down the hall as these thoughts moved through his head. Remus had just noticed that the two scars he had obtained down his face in the duel with Luxen Silverback had vanished. He sighed in relief, but then again they weren't expected to last for too much long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back